Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,083 members, 7,939,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:13 AM

Catholics And Confession - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics And Confession (17285 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholics And Confession by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 25, 2008
No point arguing with a mule, it just cant help itself.

~Lady~:

Paul said we cannot be separated from God, not even by death, if Jesus is God and we are his body, how then are we separated from each other?

Paul said death cannot separate us from the LOVE OF GOD! Try not to be as those who selectively quote the bible to read their own false theology into it.

~Lady~:

Oh so Christ's body is separate from God's love. Oga please you are the one that holds the truth since I am the liar, so can you knidly break it down for me a commoner to understand, how it is that Christ is not Love of God.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

continue confusing yourself.

~Lady~:

Ecclesiastes 9 is the only verse in the Bible that speaks of the dead or those not on earth?

You dont need 20 verses to explicitly tell you a thing is wrong.

~Lady~:

Psalm 103: 20-21 is asking those in heaven to bless the Lord and pray with us.

It said no such thing . . .

Ps 103:20Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

21Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

22Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.

Where did it say to pray with us and on our behalf?

If you wont quote the bible (since it will expose your lies) i will . . . if you want to be confused go ahead but pls dont make urself an agent by which others stumble.

~Lady~:

I remember Jesus Christ telling his disciples that they themselves will sit on the thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel, adn I remember St. John in Revelations telling us that there are 24 elders representing the Old and New Israel, the sons of Jacob (ISrael) and the apostles. So are they not in heaven? And are they separated from the body of Christ? Are they separated from Christ?

What is the correlation here?
Where did Christ tell them they were sitting on thrones to pray for you and appear in apparitions to you?

~Lady~:

Hmm pastor preacher, you may want to read the bible well and ask the Spirit for guidance to be able to understand the past and the present and the future, instead of being too confident that you understand the bible that you come here and spew your own personal interpretation. The verses in the Bible have one meaning not several conradictory one o.

The problem is you're not even quoting them.

~Lady~:

Those in heaven are not dead, Christ promised us this thing called eternal life, you may have heard of it. We are no longer dead, but living, we may die in the flesh but we live with Christ.

Ecclesiastes was talking about death in the flesh.

~Lady~:

I am looking forward to living with Christ.

Dont be too hasty, at this rate you dont have that hope but merely living in illusions of grandeur. This is no curse neither is it pride.

~Lady~:

You may look forward to dying but me I am looking forward to living o.

You're not addressing the issue but running around in circles chasing your own tail - [size=28pt]where in the bible are we admonished to seek the prayers of the dead and have them appear to us?[/size]

~Lady~:

Who said anything about the dead appearing?

St Mary, St Dominic
Fatima, 3 shepherd boys?

~Lady~:

We've only stated that they hear our prayers

the bible says no such thing.

~Lady~:

then we on earth pray for those in purgatory.

The bible says no such thing

~Lady~:

They don't have to appear to hear our prayers, she stated as an example the appearance of Moses and Elijah to Jesus to inform you that the dead can be in heaven.

Jesus is GOD . . . He created Elisha and Moses.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Naughtyjeff(m): 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2008
davidylan:

No point arguing with a mule, it just can't help itself.

Paul said death cannot separate us from the LOVE OF GOD! Try not to be as those who selectively quote the bible to read their own false theology into it.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

continue confusing yourself.

You don't need 20 verses to explicitly tell you a thing is wrong.

It said no such thing . . .

Ps 103:20Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

21Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

22Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.

Where did it say to pray with us and on our behalf?

If you wont quote the bible (since it will expose your lies) i will . . . if you want to be confused go ahead but please don't make yourself an agent by which others stumble.

What is the correlation here?
Where did Christ tell them they were sitting on thrones to pray for you and appear in apparitions to you?

The problem is you're not even quoting them.

Ecclesiastes was talking about death in the flesh.

don't be too hasty, at this rate you don't have that hope but merely living in illusions of grandeur. This is no curse neither is it pride.

You're not addressing the issue but running around in circles chasing your own tail - [size=28pt]where in the bible are we admonished to seek the prayers of the dead and have them appear to us?[/size]

St Mary, St Dominic
Fatima, 3 shepherd boys?

the bible says no such thing.

The bible says no such thing

Jesus is GOD . . . He created Elisha and Moses.

Re: Catholics And Confession by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:50pm On Sep 25, 2008
Arrrrrrgggh you guys should take it easy you are all over the place some of us are actually trying to keep up with you guys.
Ok everyone pause and lets take a breather, jeez I can see why this thread does not end.
@lady
How body na, what I meant was that maybe the problem is that you do not all have the same definitions of the terms thats why the thread keeps going on and on so why don't you guys see if you can agree on the definition then you can proceed to apply it with the bible.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Lady2(f): 9:00pm On Sep 25, 2008
@lady
How body na, what I meant was that maybe the problem is that you do not all have the same definitions of the terms thats why the thread keeps going on and on so why don't you guys see if you can agree on the definition then you can proceed to apply it with the bible.

Oh I know. I was only stating that the definitions had already been provided her even in this thread. But would one say to someone who insists on being deceitful.

She knows very well what worship is, if she was looking for the truth or to have a reasonable discussion she would have answered my questions, even about the term worship.

But you know deceitful people when they skip through things (which she already admitted doing)

There is a pattern for these people, they ask and ask and ask, and when they are asked back, they give no response.
Notice above that I have asked David questions and he simply ignores them and goes on to make a statement and quotes the Bible. They use the Bible for their own gain, I asked a question instead I get the Bible said. I wander if they were in class and the teacher asked them what is 2+2 they would say 'the bible this and you are deceitful'

They love the Bible so much that they can't interpret it, ask them to interpret certain verses in the Bible they will only show you other Bible verses and then call you evil and devil worshipper. Funny enough when the Israelites could not understand what Jesus said they resulted to saying he is working for the devil. No wonder they will say the same thing about his Church.

those that do wrong are the biggest screamers.

I wonder who they think they're ridiculing.

But anyway, I gotta run. I have a meeting to get to. Talk to you later.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Cristalz(f): 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Arrrrrrgggh you guys should take it easy you are all over the place some of us are actually trying to keep up with you guys.
Ok everyone pause and lets take a breather, jeez I can see why this thread does not end.

Its a most expansive,controversial topic,ain't it? grin I love the way they argue it out tho. . . .on and on and on. . . .
Re: Catholics And Confession by Omenuko(m): 9:43pm On Sep 25, 2008
@Davidylan,

O boi, chill-out, one issue at a time.  You whan us to clarify our faith on issues pertaining confession; ok fine, we clarify am, finish.  After, you whan bring wahala with mother Mary; ok fine, we clarify am, finish.  Now you whan come again, with open mouth and closed head with fire vex on why we pray to holy ones.  Ah ah, Nna mehn, make we relax am small o.

If you want to go into the area of prayers to the saints open a new thread, biko. 

So, it seems like people are clear or have a better understanding on why catholics have the sacrement of confession.  You may not agree with it, but you can't say its not part of scripture.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2008
Omenuko:

@Davidylan,

O boi, chill-out, one issue at a time. You whan us to clarify our faith on issues pertaining confession; ok fine, we clarify am, finish.

Nothing was clarified . . . pls dont abuse that word. Open the bible and clarify it for me, i just got bored chasing shadows and talking with mules.

Omenuko:

After, you whan bring wahala with mother Mary; ok fine, we clarify am, finish.

Read this thread . . . is that your idea of "clarify am finish"?

Omenuko:

Now you whan come again, with open mouth and closed head with fire vex on why we pray to holy ones. Ah ah, Nna mehn, make we relax am small o.

where did the bible tell you to "pray to holy ones"?

Omenuko:

If you want to go into the area of prayers to the saints open a new thread, biko.

we dont need a new thread, we just need one bible verse.

Omenuko:

So, it seems like people are clear or have a better understanding on why catholics have the sacrement of confession. You may not agree with it, but you can't say its not part of scripture.

It is not part of scripture, period.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 25, 2008
@davidylan
Catholics have been going for confession for over 2000 years. Wonderful experience.

He/she with an experience is NOT AT THE MERCY of he/she with an argument.

Go and find something useful to do with yourself.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 25, 2008
imhotep:

@davidylan
Catholics have been going for confession for over 2000 years. Wonderful experience.

The devil has been around for 6000 yrs.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Omenuko(m): 12:43am On Sep 26, 2008
@Davidylan,

davidylan:

Nothing was clarified . . . please don't abuse that word. Open the bible and clarify it for me, i just got bored chasing shadows and talking with mules.

Talking with mules, ee kwa?  Your father.

Confession

John 20:22 - And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained."

As you can see the apostles were given the power to forgive and retain sins.  Note, that the only other time that God breathes on man is Gen 2:7.  These instances mark times when significant transformation takes place.  In Genesis, the Lord breathes divine life into man.  You may not agree with my interpretation of whats going on in these verses but you would really have to stretch the truth to read anything else into them. 

After, you whan bring wahala with mother Mary; ok fine, we clarify am, finish.

Read this thread . . . is that your idea of "clarify am finish"?

Ok, what else do you want to know about the Blessed Virgin Mary?  She is a created being just like you and me.  She was a holy and devout woman of God.  She was greeted by the angel as "hail, full of Grace".  The holy Spirit came upon her and she was overshadowed by the Power of the Most High.  She conceived and gave birth to 'God the Son'.  Therefore, she is the mother of 'God the Son'.  She is the daughter of 'God the Father' and she is the spouse of 'God the Holy Spirit. 

God did not derive his divinity from Mary; but it does not follow that it is therefore wrong to say that God was born of Mary, that God is Mary's Son, and that Mary is God's mother, She is the true mother of God and bearer of God, Mary suckled God, rocked God to sleep, prepared broth and soup for God, etc.  For God and man are one person, one Christ, one Son, one Jesus, not two Christs, just as your son is not two sons, even though he has two natures, body and soul, the body from you, the soul from God alone.

Guess who, (The founder of the Reformation)-----Martin Luther On the Councils and the Church (1539)

She was prefigured in the 'Protoevangelium' (latin for 'first Gospel) in Genesis 3:15:

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; He will strike at your head, while you strike at his heel.

In addition, because of her intercession Jesus began his ministry and revealed his glory (John 2:1-11).  She also suffered at the crucifixion of her Son:

Luke 2:34-35 - Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, "Behold, this child is destined for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be contradicted (and you yourself a sword will pierce) so that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed."

She is the champion of saints and intercedes on our behalf.

Communion of Saints

where did the bible tell you to "pray to holy ones"?

Eph. 3:14-15 - For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named

Every family: in the Greek there is wordplay on the word for the Father (patria, pater). The phrase could also mean "God's whole family"

The body of Christ is one family in heaven and on earth.  Those who have died in Christ are not separate children from us, we are united together.  This is why, in the Apostles Creed, we profess a belief in the "communion of saints."  Our family members who are in heaven (we call them holy ones, aka saints) and those who are here on earth constitute this 'communion'.  Those who are in heaven are concerned about those who are here on earth:

Heb. 12:1: Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith.

The "cloud of witnesses" refers to the saints who are not only watching us from above but cheering us on in our race to heaven.  There cannot be a "communion" if there is no union.  Loving beings, whether on earth or in heaven, are concerned for other beings, and this concern is reflected spiritually through prayers for one another.  We ask the 'holy ones' to pray for us to God.  And they do:

Rev.5:8 - When he took it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each of the elders held a harp and gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of the holy ones.

I'm  not saying all this to convert you to Catholicism, what I would like for to do is the take the time out to listen to what people have to say.  Please don't go to anti-catholic websites and post nonsense and lies about catholics.  If you have a question, ask.  If you don't agree with what they are saying, then prove your case.  But don't stoop so low as to start distributing insults because of disagreement.  Thats no way to dialogue.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 26, 2008
Omenuko:

I'm not saying all this to convert you to Catholicism, what I would like for to do is the take the time out to listen to what people have to say. Please don't go to anti-catholic websites and post nonsense and lies about catholics. If you have a question, ask. If you don't agree with what they are saying, then prove your case. But don't stoop so low as to start distributing insults because of disagreement. Thats no way to dialogue.

you wont catch me on websites. I only read what you have to say and go search my bible whether those things are there. simple. Ee kwa my father abi? cheesy The man is a fine example of a christian i hope to emulate, he's not a mule even though he can be stubborn.

you people keep saying "if you have question ask", i've been doing that since the last 2 pages. All i get for "answer" is tons of pages refering to everything else but the question i asked. What shld i do?
Re: Catholics And Confession by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 26, 2008
In addition, because of her intercession Jesus began his ministry and revealed his glory (John 2:1-11).

Did Christ begin His ministry and reveal His glory because of Mary's intercession? The same Jesus that prophet Isaiah had prophesied about centuries ago?

She is the champion of saints and intercedes on our behalf.

where is this IN THE BIBLE?

The "cloud of witnesses" refers to the saints who are not only watching us from above but cheering us on in our race to heaven. There cannot be a "communion" if there is no union. Loving beings, whether on earth or in heaven, are concerned for other beings, and this concern is reflected spiritually through prayers for one another. We ask the 'holy ones' to pray for us to God. And they do:

No ma! The "cloud of witnesses" here is a continuation of Heb 11. I suggest you read it first before making erroneous assumptions!
I said this earlier to Lady, you people are fond of quoting verses half way to support a false teaching. Read Heb 11 first, Paul made a summary of the biblical heroes of faith who through the pain of death, tests and trials conquered sin and obtained a good report. However Paul makes a distinction, he says with all that these great heroes did they still did not recieve the promise that WE who are far less worthy than them have recieved on a platter of gold (Heb 11:39-40).

He then comes to Heb 12:1 and says . . . seeing we have a large number of EXAMPLES TO FOLLOW (great cloud of witnesses), men who walked with God, men who showed us that with God even bones can rise again, old loins can bear children . . . we have no reason to falter now.

Look at verse 4 of Heb 12, unlike the men mentioned in Heb 11, - Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

No where was Paul advocating that these men are busy praying for us!
Re: Catholics And Confession by Omenuko(m): 1:14am On Sep 26, 2008
davidylan:

you wont catch me on websites. I only read what you have to say and go search my bible whether those things are there. simple. Ee kwa my father abi?  cheesy The man is a fine example of a christian i hope to emulate, he's not a mule even though he can be stubborn.

you people keep saying "if you have question ask", i've been doing that since the last 2 pages. All i get for "answer" is tons of pages refering to everything else but the question i asked. What shld i do?

Ok, you keep saying "where is that in the Bible"?  How much clearer do I need to be.  Not everything we do and practice is written explicitly in the Bible.  Let me ask you some questions since you don't want to be reasonble:

1.  Find me the verse (just one verse) where the bible talks about the doctrine of the Trinity (I'm sure our muslim brothers would appreciate it)?
2.  Show me in the Bible where it says the number, names, and types of books that are supposed to comprise it?
3.  When was the Bible compiled?
4.  Why is my bible different from yours (I have the catholic bible, and you the protestant one)?
5.  Why do you practice non-scriptural Holidays such as Christmas and Easter (and nowhere in the bible does it say we should celebrate them)?
6.  Why on earth do you worship on Sunday (Day of the Sun: a pagan day)?

Answer me these questions and then we can come back and talk, full stop.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Omenuko(m): 1:40am On Sep 26, 2008
John 2:1-11

On the third day there was a wedding in Cana in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there.  Jesus and his disciples were also invited to the wedding.  When the wine ran short, the mother of Jesus said to him, "They have no wine." (And) Jesus said to her, "Woman, how does your concern affect me? My hour has not yet come."  His mother said to the servers, "Do whatever he tells you."  Now there were six stone water jars there for Jewish ceremonial washings, each holding twenty to thirty gallons.  Jesus told them, "Fill the jars with water." So they filled them to the brim.  Then he told them, "Draw some out now and take it to the headwaiter."  So they took it.  And when the headwaiter tasted the water that had become wine, without knowing where it came from (although the servers who had drawn the water knew), the headwaiter called the bridegroom and said to him, "Everyone serves good wine first, and then when people have drunk freely, an inferior one; but you have kept the good wine until now."  Jesus did this as the beginning of his signs in Cana in Galilee and so revealed his glory, and his disciples began to believe in him.

Heb 11:39-40

Yet all these, though approved because of their faith, did not receive what had been promised.  God had foreseen something better for us, so that without us they should not be made perfect

"So that without us they should not be made perfect."  What this is saying is that the heroes of the Old Testament obtained their recompense only after the saving works of Christ had been accomplished.  In other words, they arleady enjoy what Christians who are still struggling do not yet have.

then we have Hebrews 12:1-2:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us 2 and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. For the sake of the joy that lay before him he endured the cross, despising its shame, and has taken his seat at the right of the throne of God.

It says we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses who are the saints/holy-ones/heroes-old who are in heaven.

Luke 15:5-7

And when he does find it, he sets it on his shoulders with great joy and, upon his arrival home, he calls together his friends and neighbors and says to them, 'Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.'  I tell you, in just the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need of repentance.

Who are those that will have joy over the repentance of one sinner?
Re: Catholics And Confession by Nobody: 1:43am On Sep 26, 2008
Omenuko:

Ok, you keep saying "where is that in the Bible"?  How much clearer do I need to be.  Not everything we do and practice is written explicitly in the Bible.

The bible is my final authority, sorry i have to keep asking you to prove stuff in the bible for me to believe. I cant just take the "traditions of men" . . . you know what the bible already says about that.
Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Omenuko:

Let me ask you some questions since you don't want to be reasonble:

to ask that you verify facts in the bible is to be "unreasonable"?

Omenuko:

1.  Find me the verse (just one verse) where the bible talks about the doctrine of the Trinity (I'm sure our muslim brothers would appreciate it)?

I will oblige you with more than 1, my sister:

- John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

- John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

- Isaiah 9:6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

- Up to this point we are clear that the "child" or the "Son" are one and the same with the Father. How about the Holy Spirit?

- Romans 8:11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

- Acts 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

- Ah how could ananias have lied unto God and the Holy Spirit at once if they were different entities?

now we know that the Spirit of God is the same Holy Ghost that dwells in us. So the Spirit of God is God Himself who is the same as the "child" (everlasting Father) that we were given in Isaiah 9.

Brother John then caps it up here - 1 John 5:7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Trinity as a word isnt in my bible . . . i dont need it . . . my bible is sufficient to tell me that the three are one.

Omenuko:

2.  Show me in the Bible where it says the number, names, and types of books that are supposed to comprise it?

The bible as a compilation is man's labour. It is the letters, the epistles, the laws . . . that were God inspired Holy men to write for our examples. I quoted a verse earlier where Paul admonished the Laodecian and Colossian brethren to exchange his letters and ensure they are read in the church. The didnt carry around the bible as we have it today, but God sustained them through those very letters . . . if i throw away my bible today and simply make a photocopy of the dead sea scrolls i wont lose anything. I'd still have God's words to read.

Omenuko:

3.  When was the Bible compiled?

That is none of my business . . . i am more interested in the letters of inspired men of God and the Spirit of God who drove them to write down the very words that sustain our walk with God today.

Omenuko:

4.  Why is my bible different from yours (I have the catholic bible, and you the protestant one)?

Ask your catholic priests. I really dont care . . . the thief on the cross read no bible till he died. He didnt go to hell.

Omenuko:

5.  Why do you practice non-scriptural Holidays such as Christmas and Easter (and nowhere in the bible does it say we should celebrate them)?

1. Not everyone celebrates them.
2. they are merely "official" days by which we remember an event that the genuinely born again christian is supposed to make the cornerstone of his very life.
3. Remember Paul admonishing the brethren on remembering the Lord's death in the breaking of bread? The significance was not in the date or how many times they did it, rather it was in the fact that in doing so they focused on the spiritual significance of His death and resurrection.

Omenuko:

6.  Why on earth do you worship on Sunday (Day of the Sun: a pagan day)?

when i was born i met it that way. Everyday is my day of worship, sunday is merely a symbolic day we all come together as brethren to fellowship with one another. The early apostles actively encouraged communal fellowship (iron sharpeneth iron) . . . i'm not sure they cared very much about the day of the week.

Omenuko:

Answer me these questions and then we can come back and talk, full stop.

next?
Re: Catholics And Confession by Nobody: 1:58am On Sep 26, 2008
Omenuko:

John 2:1-11

What you did was read a verse and add your own imagination to what was there. The plan of salvation the bible says was fashioned before the begining of the earth, before anyone called Mary was born . . . are you telling me that plan hinged on Mary's intercession?
Where did Isaiah tell you his prophecy would depend on Mary's intercession? Stop reading your false theology into the bible. God certainly didnt need Mary to start His ministry.

Omenuko:

Heb 11:39-40

"So that without us they should not be made perfect." What this is saying is that the heroes of the Old Testament obtained their recompense only after the saving works of Christ had been accomplished. In other words, they arleady enjoy what Christians who are still struggling do not yet have.

[size=18pt]Go back and stop quoting halfway[/size] - Heb 11:39And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

Now what promise did this men not recieve? Look at the very next verse . . .

40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect

God provided something better for us? What was it? Its very simple especially if you were reading from Heb 8-10 . . . while the old biblical heroes of faith had to depend on yearly sacrifice of the blood of bulls and goats that could not completely keep them from sin, God provided for us a perfect sacrifice that once and for all . . . the penalty of sin was paid.

Quoting out of context to confuse the illiterate is a thing i only associate with muslims not fellow "christians".

Omenuko:

then we have Hebrews 12:1-2:

It says we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses who are the saints/holy-ones/heroes-old who are in heaven.

Dont just read Heb 12:1 and run away . . . try reading from Heb 11 to grab the import of Heb 12:1. Paul was using those men for examples . . . that if these men could be heroes for God in a day and age where there was nothing like the blood of Christ wherewith we have remission of sins how much more us who have not yet striven against sin unto blood?

Simple as ABC. Enough of reading the bible like a fowl pecking around for seeds.

Omenuko:

Luke 15:5-7

Who are those that will have joy over the repentance of one sinner?

the bible was silent on that . . . it is you who is forcing your interpretation into that. Who were those God was talking to in Gen 1 when He said let us make man in our own image? Where there saints there already?
Re: Catholics And Confession by Omenuko(m): 2:01am On Sep 26, 2008
I will oblige you with more than 1, my sister:

- John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

- John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

- Isaiah 9:6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

- Up to this point we are clear that the "child" or the "Son" are one and the same with the Father. How about the Holy Spirit?

- Romans 8:11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

- Acts 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

- Ah how could ananias have lied unto God and the Holy Spirit at once if they were different entities?

now we know that the Spirit of God is the same Holy Ghost that dwells in us. So the Spirit of God is God Himself who is the same as the "child" (everlasting Father) that we were given in Isaiah 9.

Brother John then caps it up here - 1 John 5:7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Trinity as a word isnt in my bible . . . i don't need it . . . my bible is sufficient to tell me that the three are one.

My brother, nowhere in those passages do I see 'Trinity'.  I said show me where the doctrine of the Trinity can be found in the Bible.  I don't want any allusions or un-explicit readings or personal interpretations.  I want to see the verse where it says the "Trinity is, "

The bible as a compilation is man's labour. It is the letters, the epistles, the laws . . . that were God inspired Holy men to write for our examples. I quoted a verse earlier where Paul admonished the Laodecian and Colossian brethren to exchange his letters and ensure they are read in the church. The didnt carry around the bible as we have it today, but God sustained them through those very letters . . . if i throw away my bible today and simply make a photocopy of the dead sea scrolls i wont lose anything. I'D still have God's words to read.

So, in other words you can't show me the Book, Chapter, and verse of the answer (from the Bible).  I don't want the answers of men.  Show me where is says this book and that book she be part of the bible.  Come back to me with the answer when you find it.  I won't take your personal opinions.

hat is none of my business . . . i am more interested in the letters of inspired men of God and the Spirit of God who drove them to write down the very words that sustain our walk with God today.

Oh ok, so the Bible doesn't say when it was compiled.  Tough, you don't want to put your personal opinion for this question?  No answer, fine.

. Not everyone celebrates them.
2. they are merely "official" days by which we remember an event that the genuinely born again christian is supposed to make the cornerstone of his very life.
3. Remember Paul admonishing the brethren on remembering the Lord's death in the breaking of bread? The significance was not in the date or how many times they did it, rather it was in the fact that in doing so they focused on the spiritual significance of His death and resurrection.

Oh my, so you mean to say you practice holidays (based on pagan holidays: winter and summer solstice) and your fine with that.  You celebrate holidays that are totally non-biblical and you are fine with that.  My friend, I worry for you soul.  Traditions of men.

when i was born i met it that way. Everyday is my day of worship, sunday is merely a symbolic day we all come together as brethren to fellowship with one another. The early apostles actively encouraged communal fellowship (iron sharpeneth iron) . . . i'm not sure they cared very much about the day of the week.

Another tradition of men.  Show me scripture please.  I don't want your opinion.  

next?

Yes, next indeed.  Show me these things from the Bible.  I'll help you out, you don't have to use my bible (Catholic one), you can use yours (Protestant one).
Re: Catholics And Confession by Omenuko(m): 2:11am On Sep 26, 2008
Go back and stop quoting halfway - Heb 11:39And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

My friend, Hebrews was written after the suffering, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  So, you go back and read your bible.  They received their promise after the resurrection.

Old testament Heroes (OTH) ----->resurrection of Jesus-------> OTH receive promise  --------> Book of Hebrews written

Make sense?

the bible was silent on that . . . it is you who is forcing your interpretation into that. Who were those God was talking to in Gen 1 when He said let us make man in our own image? Where there saints there already?

God was talking to (Himself, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit).  Now you want to say the Bible was silent.  So you can't link read Luke 15:7 and Hebrew 12:1 together?  Why not pray to God and ask him to reveal to you what he meant in those passages, since you say the Bible is silent.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Nobody: 2:19am On Sep 26, 2008
Omenuko:

My brother, nowhere in those passages do I see 'Trinity'.  I said show me where the doctrine of the Trinity can be found in the Bible.  I don't want any allusions or un-explicit readings or personal interpretations.  I want to see the verse where it says the "Trinity is, "

My sister, unless you want to be deliberately mischievous, decietful and dishonest . . . i just showed you EXPLICITLY where the bible talks about the doctrine of One God in three manifestations. 1 John 5:7 is more than clear on that.
We all know trinity is an english word, we also know that english did not exist in the days the bible was written.

It seems you're confused because you're asking for two things:
- doctrine of trinity
- where in the bible does the word "trinity" appear.

Omenuko:

So, in other words you can't show me the Book, Chapter, and verse of the answer (from the Bible).  I don't want the answers of men.  Show me where is says this book and that book she be part of the bible.  Come back to me with the answer when you find it.  I won't take your personal opinions.

Where did God expressly tell you to go compile a bible and put so and so books there?
this is a plainly dishonest question catholics have been trained by rota to repeat like a broken record (lady, imhotep all rushed to grab the same questions each time they were faced with their questionable dogma).

I said it and i repeat again . . . if i throw away my bible and simply have the dead sea scrolls available to me i believer strongly that i will be judged based on the word that was available to me at the time. The thief on the cross read not a shred of the torah or the gospels neither did he go listen to Christ yet he made heaven.

Keep asking the questions that hold no water.

Omenuko:

Oh ok, so the Bible doesn't say when it was compiled.  Tough, you don't want to put your personal opinion for this question?  No answer, fine.

The bible is a compilation . . . it is the letters that make it up that are more significant. Christ had only the law and the prophets in his days. the early apostles had the law, prophets and the epistles . . .

man's compilation is of no consequence to God. period.

Omenuko:

Oh my, so you mean to say you practice holidays (based on pagan holidays: winter and summer solstice) and your fine with that.  You celebrate holidays that are totally non-biblical and you are fine with that.  My friend, I worry for you soul.  Traditions of men.

Point of correction . . . i dont PRACTICE a holiday, i observe a holiday officially set aside to remember an occassion that is supposed to be part of your daily work with God. I mentioned earlier . . . the communion is VERY BIBLICAL . . . we are not expressly told what and what dates to observe it so we do it when and as often as we want . . . IN REMEMBRANCE OF HIM. The spiritual significance is what matters.

Dont worry for my soul, be worried about urs.

Omenuko:

Another tradition of men.  Show me scripture please.  I don't want your opinion.  

when i ask for scripture they turn and run. The bible says - forsake not the asssembly of the saints . . . be it monday, wednesday, saturday or friday . . . whatever day is convenient for you . . . the saints are encouraged to assemble together to worship be it twice, once or 92 times a week. Again the spiritual import is all that matters.

Omenuko:

Yes, next indeed.  Show me these things from the Bible.  I'll help you out, you don't have to use my bible (Catholic one), you can use yours (Protestant one).

i have . . . Omenuko . . . you are just a clone of Lady and Imhotep. completely sidestepped the issue only to continue barking "show me from the bible". The one single question i have asked has not been shown.

Here it is again - [size=28pt]where is the use of the rosary sanctioned in the bible?[/size]
Re: Catholics And Confession by Nobody: 2:25am On Sep 26, 2008
Omenuko:

My friend, Hebrews was written after the suffering, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. So, you go back and read your bible. They received their promise after the resurrection.

Old testament Heroes (OTH) ----->resurrection of Jesus-------> OTH receive promise --------> Book of Hebrews written

Make sense?

no, because i dont believe in reading the bible in isolation. Remember that the division into chapters was essentially not by Paul but made by those who "compiled" the bible.

Dont read Heb 12 until you have at least read from Heb 6. It is one smooth flowing story . . . its not long . . . perhaps that way you get the full picture rather than building a theology on Heb 11:40b!

You havent said anything new but rehash what i just said. the old testament heroes did not recieve the promise of Heb 11:39 because they died before the perfect sacrifice. We who come after the perfect sacrifice are the ones who recieve the promise even though we arent dead yet Heb 11:40.

What is new?

Omenuko:

God was talking to (Himself, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit). Now you want to say the Bible was silent. So you can't link read Luke 15:7 and Hebrew 12:1 together? Why not pray to God and ask him to reveal to you what he meant in those passages, since you say the Bible is silent.

Rubbish my dear . . . rubbish. Did Luke 15:7 tell you that those rejoicing in heaven over the salvation of one person on earth where dead saints?
You're basically linking 2 completely unrelated verses together to force a false theology.

Sorry ma'am, you're not talking to a baby.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Omenuko(m): 2:29am On Sep 26, 2008
where is the use of the rosary sanctioned in the bible?

- doctrine of trinity (rosary)
- where in the bible does the word "trinity"("rosary) appear.

Where did God expressly tell you to go compile a bible and put so and so books there?
this is a plainly dishonest question catholics have been trained by rota to repeat like a broken record (lady, imhotep all rushed to grab the same questions each time they were faced with their questionable dogma).

I said it and i repeat again . . . if i throw away my bible and simply have the dead sea scrolls available to me i believer strongly that i will be judged based on the word that was available to me at the time. The thief on the cross read not a shred of the torah or the gospels neither did he go listen to Christ yet he made heaven.

Keep asking the questions that hold no water.

How is the question dishonest?  Ok, let me rephrase my question, how do you know the books in your Bible are inspired?  

The bible is a compilation . . . it is the letters that make it up that are more significant. Christ had only the law and the prophets in his days. the early apostles had the law, prophets and the epistles . . .

man's compilation is of no consequence to God. period.

More non-scriptural support.  Just say it, the Bible doesn't say which books should be in the Bible, simple.  In other words, you are following the traditions of men.

Point of correction . . . i don't PRACTICE a holiday, i observe a holiday officially set aside to remember an occassion that is supposed to be part of your daily work with God. I mentioned earlier . . . the communion is VERY BIBLICAL . . . we are not expressly told what and what dates to observe it so we do it when and as often as we want . . . IN REMEMBRANCE OF HIM. The spiritual significance is what matters.

don't worry for my soul, be worried about urs.

Blah blah blah, you observe a holiday that is non-biblical.  And you worship on the day of the Sun,  when pagans worshiped the sun god.

Here it is again - where is the use (term) of the rosary (trinity) sanctioned in the bible?
Re: Catholics And Confession by Nobody: 2:38am On Sep 26, 2008
Omenuko:

- doctrine of trinity (rosary)
- where in the bible does the word "trinity"("rosary) appear.

I'm not confused. I know what i'm asking and its not because i want to dodge your questions (which is basically what you are doing). [size=28pt]I ask for a specific thing . . . where in the bible did the early apostles use the rosary and why is it in use today? Its so very simple.[/size]

If we just sat down to reason like adults we would long thrashed it out.

Omenuko:

How is the question dishonest? Ok, let me rephrase my question, how do you know the books in your Bible are inspired?

2 tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

It is possible that we do not have "ALL scripture" . . . but God is faithful in that we are only judged on the revelation available to us at this time. I reiterate . . . Lazarus the beggar could probably not afford his own torah, Abraham didnt even have any laws to live by and yet God was faithful to keep them.

Omenuko:

More non-scriptural support. Just say it, the Bible doesn't say which books should be in the Bible, simple. In other words, you are following the traditions of men.

Because the bible is the work of man. God didnt commission the compilation. God didnt tell Paul or Peter to do so. He merely moved on them to write letters to the church which man now put together in one volume . . . why then do you expect such instruction in the bible?

No ma'am . . . to claim that reading the bible is the traditions of men is FALSEHOOD. Its like saying that Shakespeares works are no longer his since he didnt compile it into one volume himself. That is laughably stupid and a lie of the devil.

I say it again, throw away your bible and simply pick the parchments of the dead sea scrolls, you'd be virtually reading the same thing. I know you cant understand, u're basically "asking" pre-programmed questions.

Omenuko:

Blah blah blah, you observe a holiday that is non-biblical. And you worship on the day of the Sun, when pagans worshiped the sun god.

I worship everyday. We gather together on one generally accepted day . . .

Omenuko:

Here it is again - where is the use (term) of the rosary (trinity) sanctioned in the bible?

My dear . . . u wont get away with this piece of shameless trickery. Dont conflate trinity and the rosary. Mba . . . i will answer my own part (trinity), you deal with the rosary part like a honest christian.

Trinity as a word does not exist in the bible as english was not in existence then. But the doctrine trinity aims to describe (the doctrine of the godhead) is found everywhere in the bible.

Over to you . . . [size=28pt]where is the use of the rosary encouraged in the bible?[/size]
Re: Catholics And Confession by Nobody: 2:45am On Sep 26, 2008
Omenuko, you're not saying anything new:

Questions like:

- where is trinity in the bible?
- Dont read "our" bible.
- where in the bible did God say u shld put Peter or in what order?
- did the bible tell you sunday is the day of worship?

e.t.c. are things we've heard here 200x over from the same pple. Same recycled old pre-programmed "questions" they've taught you to "ask" when you run into problems of dogma. The sad thing is we do our best to answer your questions while you do your best to obfuscate issues and run away from tackling your own questions.

I ask those questions not to ridicule your doctrine or church, i ask so as to stimulate something i find severely lacking in the church today - a willingness to return to the good old days when the Berean christians would search their own "scriptures" to validate the teachings which they heard.

I notice one thing that is common with the catholics . . . an extreme aversion to quoting the scriptures to back up their arguments. When they do its always one tiny bit of a much longer verse that is saying absolutely nothing as regards their own theology.

Remember brethren, on the last day our catholic priests and bishops will not be there to stand as our lawyers, we will be naked before Christ to answer for our own selves. My church said this will not be a valid excuse on that day.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Omenuko(m): 2:47am On Sep 26, 2008
@Davidyland,

I'm a man not a woman.

no, because i don't believe in reading the bible in isolation. Remember that the division into chapters was essentially not by Paul but made by those who "compiled" the bible.

don't read Heb 12 until you have at least read from Heb 6. It is one smooth flowing story . . . its not long . . . perhaps that way you get the full picture rather than building a theology on Heb 11:40b!

You haven't said anything new but rehash what i just said. the old testament heroes did not receive the promise of Heb 11:39 because they died before the perfect sacrifice. We who come after the perfect sacrifice are the ones who receive the promise even though we arent dead yet Heb 11:40.

What is new?

Ok, since you are stubborn, go and read any Bible commentary on those verses and come back and present what you found.  Are you saying that Paul (at this moment) believed that the Heroes of the Old Testament were not in Heaven at the time he was writing this book (after the resurrection of Christ)?

All the passage is saying is that we as Christian (so long as we persevere in the faith) will have greater reward in heaven than those of the old testament.

Rubbish my dear . . . rubbish. Did Luke 15:7 tell you that those rejoicing in heaven over the salvation of one person on earth where dead saints?
You're basically linking 2 completely unrelated verses together to force a false theology.

I think once you go and read other scripture scholars take on the Hebrews passage you will have a different take.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Lady2(f): 2:50am On Sep 26, 2008
The devil has been around for 6000 years.

ROTFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

omenuko, don't mind David, if you ask him question now he won't know how to answer, all he knows is to start rouble and misinterpret the Bible.

I DON'T KNOW WHY I EVEN BOTHER WITH A MAN THAT SAID THERE ARE NO LONGER 10 COMMANDMENTS, AND THAT THE APOSTLES DIDN'T TEACH CHRISTIAN VIRTUES.

Tell him to produce the scripture that Jesus and the apostles used to preach the gospel, he won't because he cannot.
Watch him skip over bringing scripture, instead he's going to go on asking the same questions.

Good luck getting him to answer a question.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Omenuko(m): 2:54am On Sep 26, 2008
2 tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

It is possible that we do not have "ALL scripture" . . . but God is faithful in that we are only judged on the revelation available to us at this time. I reiterate . . . Lazarus the beggar could probably not afford his own torah, Abraham didnt even have any laws to live by and yet God was faithful to keep them.

Are you kidding me?  So Tim. 3:16 tells me what scriptures are inspired.  Tim. 3:16 tells me what books in the New Testament are inspired.  It tells me what Old Testament Books are inspired.  My friend, go and find the correct passage, I beg.

Because the bible is the work of man. God didnt commission the compilation. God didnt tell Paul or Peter to do so. He merely moved on them to write letters to the church which man now put together in one volume . . . why then do you expect such instruction in the bible?

No ma'am . . . to claim that reading the bible is the traditions of men is FALSEHOOD. Its like saying that Shakespeares works are no longer his since he didnt compile it into one volume himself. That is laughably stupid and a lie of the devil.

I say it again, throw away your bible and simply pick the parchments of the dead sea scrolls, you'D be virtually reading the same thing. I know you can't understand, You're basically "asking" pre-programmed questions.

I beg, show me Bible verse and stop writing essay.

I worship everyday. We gather together on one generally accepted day . . .

Accepted by who. . .Men (Traditions of Men).  Show me Bible verse.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Nobody: 3:00am On Sep 26, 2008
~Lady~:

THAT THE APOSTLES DIDN'T TEACH CHRISTIAN VIRTUES.

Haba . . . aunty calm down. this is an apalling lie . . . ordinary 1 Corinthians 13 talks about the virtues of Charity. Haba . . . this is unbecoming.

~Lady~:

Tell him to produce the scripture that Jesus and the apostles used to preach the gospel, he won't because he cannot.

again haba aunty . . . i specifically remember some quotations i made for you.

The scriptures Jesus used to preach? - Did i not quote this for you? - Luke 4:16And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

17And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

20And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

21And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

the scriptures the apostles used? Haba again aunty . . . you dont have to lie - Romans 1:1Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

2(Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

We know these "scriptures" were the books of the law and the old testament prophets. We also know that Paul actively asked that his letters be distributed around the churches to be read to the saints. I quoted one for you and you ran away to twist it.

Lady, even though we quarrel . . . i would never lie against you . . . it is shameful
Re: Catholics And Confession by Nobody: 3:02am On Sep 26, 2008
Omenuko:

Are you kidding me? So Tim. 3:16 tells me what scriptures are inspired. Tim. 3:16 tells me what books in the New Testament are inspired. It tells me what Old Testament Books are inspired. My friend, go and find the correct passage, I beg.

I beg, show me Bible verse and stop writing essay.

Accepted by who Men (Traditions of Men). Show me Bible verse.

Omenuko . . . when u show me the first bible verse on the rosary then you can come asking me for verses bro. Enough of the pretence.

[size=28pt]Where is the rosary commanded in the bible?[/size]
Re: Catholics And Confession by Omenuko(m): 3:03am On Sep 26, 2008
ROTFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

omenuko, don't mind David, if you ask him question now he won't know how to answer, all he knows is to start rouble and misinterpret the Bible.

I DON'T KNOW WHY I EVEN BOTHER WITH A MAN THAT SAID THERE ARE NO LONGER 10 COMMANDMENTS, AND THAT THE APOSTLES DIDN'T TEACH CHRISTIAN VIRTUES.

Watch him skip over bringing scripture, instead he's going to go on asking the same questions.

I know. . .

@Davidylan,

Just as you will not find the word 'trinity' in the Bible, likewise you won't find the word 'rosary' in the Bible.  The Rosary prayer are comprised of a series of meditation/contemplations on the Gospel.  Basically, we call them mysteries.  The mysteries are as follow: Joyful, Sorrowful, Glorious, and Luminous.  Each Mystery calls us to reflect on the Gospel.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Nobody: 3:04am On Sep 26, 2008
Omenuko:

Ok, since you are stubborn, go and read any Bible commentary on those verses and come back and present what you found.  Are you saying that Paul (at this moment) believed that the Heroes of the Old Testament were not in Heaven at the time he was writing this book (after the resurrection of Christ)?

All the passage is saying is that we as Christian (so long as we persevere in the faith) will have greater reward in heaven than those of the old testament.

You read your own nonsense and ask yourself why you deserve a greater reward than Abraham, Elija, Moses, Joshua, Caleb, John the Baptist, Isaiah . . . men who actually did something more than just sit on nairaland misquoting the bible.

Omenuko:

I think once you go and read other scripture scholars take on the Hebrews passage you will have a different take.

That is the problem. Reading the write-up of BIBLE SCHOLARS, many of whom arent even saved. Is it so hard to read Hebrews from chapter 1 to the end?  shocked The average christian of today is so lazy, all he prefers is footnotes. Little wonder the muslims toss us around like chaff.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Omenuko(m): 3:06am On Sep 26, 2008
Where is the rosary commanded in the bible?

The rosary is not an obligatory prayer in the Catholic Church.  One does not have to pray the rosary to make it to heaven.  It is only a devotional tool and prayer (among many) that some people use to reflect on the Gospel.  Nothing more, nothing less.
Re: Catholics And Confession by Nobody: 3:10am On Sep 26, 2008
Omenuko:

I know. . .

you dont know. this above is a lie . . . why?
Because you did not see the posts where i CLEARLY provided her with scripture (and have done so again) showing what books Christ and the apostles used in their days.

Neither are you sure that i claimed the 10 commandments are invalid (because i clearly remember quoting the verse that says the commandments are NO LONGER written on tables of stone but written on the tablets of our hearts).

Neither are you sure that i said the apostles did not teach christian virtues (because Paul taught us about charity in 1 cor 13, James taught us about how to use the tongue).

Liars have their part in the lake of fire . . . just a reminder. You would do well to be careful what you just say "i know" to.

Omenuko:

@Davidylan,

Just as you will not find the word 'trinity' in the Bible, likewise you won't find the word 'rosary' in the Bible.  The Rosary prayer are comprised of a series of meditation/contemplations on the Gospel.  Basically, we call them mysteries.  The mysteries are as follow: Joyful, Sorrowful, Glorious, and Luminous.  Each Mystery calls us to reflect on the Gospel.  

good. this would have saved us pages and pages of glorified nonsensical squabble. I quite agree that we wont find the term "rosary" in the bible . . .

1. however i still am a bit puzzled as to where in the scriptures specific prayers are asked of us and are supposed to be counted on beads.

2. there is talk that St Mary appeared to St Dominic to encourage its use, do you know the biblical stance on the dead appearing to the living?

3. Isnt prayer a form of communication with God and not a strict form of ritual?

Thanks for honest answers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Mbaka Speaks About Killing Of Father Offu, Insists Buhari Is Not Our Problem / Pastor Enenche Celebrates 53rd Birthday With Orphans, Others; Distributes Items / 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 248
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.