Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,779 members, 7,945,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 05:18 PM

Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! (2842 Views)

PDP Zones 2019 Presidential Ticket To North / How To Stabilize World Oil Price By Buhari / Fashola Demands Refund Of N16 Billion Illegal Deductions On Power By FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by takedat(m): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
@lasthope, let's see the FG's road map and how possible is it to achieve 50000mw by 2019. I am 100% sure than even with privatisation this government can't generate 50000mw by 2019.
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by ballabriggs: 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
take dat: @lasthope, let's see the FG's road map and how possible is it to achieve 50000mw by 2019. I am 100% sure than even with privatisation this government can't generate 50000mw by 2019.

You are mad O. You no even talk 7000MW.
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by thelastPope(m): 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
take dat: Why would I want to engage lickspittles in a real debate when all that will be thrown at me are mere fabrications, conjectures and mischief. Anyway answer my questions for once!

%16 billion was spent by OBJ so that goes for that. If nothing was achieved, it is an indictment on OBJ. But I believe he did achieve some strides but obviously his achievement can not justify the amount he spent. GEJ has not spent anything close and we already are generating over 5000 MW. For now, about 4530 MW can be evacuated. With the new plants coming on stream this year, the ministry is hinting they can hit 10,000. 10000MW by the end of 2013 will be a massive leap. One thing I did tell many GEJ critics is that they started criticizing too early. That actually has given GEJ the advantage. But it is bad for the opposition in the long run. This is just January 2013. Barely 2 years since his swearing in. That means, he can make huge huge progress still and silence the opposition for good before 2015.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by GARRIx7(m): 2:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Ok. If you guys didn't mean 24hrs, within how many hours, days or years did you guys claim Buhari would solve ALL of our problems?

Why not apologise for ur silly lie...
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by taharqa: 2:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
fkaz: Sincere 9gerian:
What will be your reacttion to this link

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/labour-accuses-fg-of-refusing-to-commission-nipp-projects/
Wondaful!! I like dis. The criticism is now: GEJ we know you hv finishd most d NIPP generation plants, why hv you not alignd ALL of dey to d national grid. LOL, talk about a critic doing PR for a person...... By d way, NONE of d 11 NIPP projects hv bn privatisd yet
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by thelastPope(m): 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
take dat: @lasthope, let's see the FG's road map and how possible is it to achieve 50000mw by 2019. I am 100% sure than even with privatisation this government can't generate 50000mw by 2019.

With privatisation, the government would not need to do that. The private companies would ensure that. It is good for their business. What did NCC had to do to get the telecom firms to hit over 100 million lines? Absolutely nothing. The onus is on the firms to achieve that. Competition will drive that. It is that simple. One of the reasons essential services work abroad is because citizens pay through their teeth and the firms make good money. It is that simple
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by takedat(m): 2:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
thelastPope: Buhari is an old foool who derailed Nigeria by derailing our budding democracy and set us back almost 30 years. He will go down as one of the biggest curse to this country. If he had not truncated our democracy, we would have gone through all these polical tormoil in the 90s and stabilized by now. But he became a tool in the hand of the devil to derail us. Such a shame. If he is a true leader, he would have had several protegees he has mentored that we can all look up to to move things forward. But he is just a selfish old man with his "I must rule Nigeria as a civilian" obsession. very sad case he is!
Guy don't forget that OBJ mentored thieves, the criminal minded Alams mentored GEJ as well. Why not blame GEJ for encouraging gerontocracy with the likes Anenih, Tukur and others, since you accuse Buhari as old. He is constitutionally entitled to contest for presidency, if dem no vote am na another thing. The PDP as also sent us back to slave trade. Lol
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by thelastPope(m): 2:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
take dat: Guy don't forget that OBJ mentored thieves, the criminal minded Alams mentored GEJ as well. Why not blame GEJ for encouraging gerontocracy with the likes Anenih, Tukur and others, since you accuse Buhari as old. He is constitutionally entitled to contest for presidency, if dem no vote am na another thing. The PDP as also sent us back to slave trade. Lol

Every politician in Nigeria has at one time or the other done something wrong. But I am sorry I have to consider Buhari's case as most serious because derailing our democracy is 50 times bigger than any act of corruption anyone has ever done. We have never recovered from that derailment. It was a diabolical plunged!
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by ballabriggs: 2:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
[s]
thelastPope:

With privatisation, the government would not need to do that. The private companies would ensure that. It is good for their business. What did NCC had to do to get the telecom firms to hit over 100 million lines? Absolutely nothing. The onus is on the firms to achieve that. Competition will drive that. It is that simple. One of the reasons essential services work abroad is because citizens pay through their teeth and the firms make good money. It is that simple
[/s]

Rubbish. Energy privatization is quite different and more complex than telecommunication. Why? Not the same products and not the same country factors and thus you cannot use a "blanket" approach to support your argument.
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by taharqa: 2:54pm On Jan 18, 2013
take dat: Government is a continuum especially with the same party in power. The amount spent by GEJ and OBJ is more than the $16billion and how many megawatt have we generated? After investing heavily the true beneficiaries of it will be the Genco's When you compare the money spent and at what cost there were privatised.
As far as i know d money actuali spent by both OBJ and GEJ is not up to $10billion, if u hv any CONCRETE amount (not hearsay) plz share. And dis amount wud eventuali produce about 4600MW from NIPP alone, plus sm few oda thousands of MWs that wud be recovered from d old plants; thousands of kms of transmissn and distributn lines and substations are also inclusive..... Again, NONE of d 11 NIPP projects hv bn privatised YET; and d bid prize of d 5 old PHCN plants dat were privatisd generali was commensurate to dier present values as assertd by sm experts. Paying about $150- $200m for 60% stake of a plant is NOT a give away from any stretch of d imaginatn
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by thelastPope(m): 2:54pm On Jan 18, 2013
ballabriggs: [s][/s]

Rubbish. Energy privatization is quite different and more complex than telecommunication. Why? Not the same products and not the same country factors and thus you cannot use a "blanket" approach to support your argument.

what is with the use of strike through font style on someone's post. It reminds me of the "I touched you last" game we used to do in primary school. How does that cancel my post that is still there for all to read? grin grin grin. How old are you? grin grin grin. SMH!
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by ballabriggs: 2:56pm On Jan 18, 2013
thelastPope:

what is with the use of strike through font style on someone's post. It reminds me of the "I touched you last" game we used to do in primary school. How does that cancel my post that is still there for all to read? grin grin grin. How old are you? grin grin grin. SMH!

Naaaahhhh, it is me assessing the work of an intellectual midget like you. tongue
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 18, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Why not apologise for ur silly lie...
Apologise for what? Didn't Buhari apostles claim he has the ability transform the country with immediate allacrity? What has changed? If anything has changed, what then is the new incubation period?
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by taharqa: 2:59pm On Jan 18, 2013
ballabriggs:

did N5 trillion not miss from the national treasury? Was he not rated the most corrupt President by the World renowned Gallop polls, World Bank and CNN?

You see yourself now
You are a CLOWN and a COWARD. Abeg use shame tk lead d debate of d thrash u wrote b4 which i commentd on, i rili feel like sub-mobbing smone dis hot aftanoon.. Imagine smone saying that GEJ has so far spent $50billion on power so far. FISH BRAINED
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by thelastPope(m): 2:59pm On Jan 18, 2013
ballabriggs:

Naaaahhhh, it is me assessing the work of an intellectual midget like you. tongue

Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by taharqa: 3:03pm On Jan 18, 2013
thelastPope:

I replied this particularly to bookmark it! So please, how did you arrive at this? What is the budget for power since the last 2 years? $50 billion is almost Nigeria's 2 year budget! serious accusation you have there!
The said poster is d LOUDEST mouth-ed, smallest brain-ed (fish-size) resident ijiot we hv on NL. He beats them ALL hands down grin...
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by ballabriggs: 3:04pm On Jan 18, 2013
taharqa: You are a CLOWN and a COWARD. Abeg use shame tk lead d debate of d thrash u wrote b4 which i commentd on, i rili feel like sub-mobbing smone dis hot aftanoon.. Imagine smone saying that GEJ has so far spent $50billion on power so far. FISH BRAINED

May God have mercy on your rotten soul. You are not even saying they did not steal, what you say is they did not steal up to that.

Chaiiiii, you are a mug.

However, I put it to you that N7 trillion has gone missing from our national treasury in the last 3 years wey Jona dey there.
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by thelastPope(m): 3:07pm On Jan 18, 2013
taharqa: The said poster is d LOUDEST mouth-ed, smallest brain-ed (fish-size) resident ijiot we hv on NL. He beats them ALL hands down grin...

I actually made the mistake of giving him too much credit. Didnt know he was so low. On my ignore list now! angry
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by ballabriggs: 3:07pm On Jan 18, 2013
losthope aka Reno Omokri, is this how you do it with Oronto Douglas daily?

OVOKO!!! David Mark must hear this. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by takedat(m): 3:31pm On Jan 18, 2013
taharqa: As far as i know d money actuali spent by both OBJ and GEJ is not up to $10billion, if u hv any CONCRETE amount (not hearsay) plz share. And dis amount wud eventuali produce about 4600MW from NIPP alone, plus sm few oda thousands of MWs that wud be recovered from d old plants; thousands of kms of transmissn and distributn lines and substations are also inclusive..... Again, NONE of d 11 NIPP projects hv bn privatised YET; and d bid prize of d 5 old PHCN plants dat were privatisd generali was commensurate to dier present values as assertd by sm experts. Paying about $150- $200m for 60% stake of a plant is NOT a give away from any stretch of d imaginatn
Okay agreed that over $11billion was spent on the NIPP. Another $1.1billion will be borrowed this year

The six Gencos were auctioned at N107billion and government had spent close to N600billion to resuscitate them. While Kainji and Shiroro that billions of dollars have been spent on was sold for $760million and $364million including the properties attached to them. 60% of government share in 10 of the 11 distribution companies are said to be sold for N169billion, yet the landed properties of these discos are worth billions of naira. All the transformers, electric poles we bought with our monies have been auctioned to the buyers not to talk of other distribution facilities and you claim Nigeria gained from the privatisation when its actually personalisation of state utility to self and cronies. The bottom line is that this GEJ's privatisation exercise na still scam!
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by Walexz02(m): 3:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
thelastPope: Buhari is an old foool who derailed Nigeria by derailing our budding democracy and set us back almost 30 years. He will go down as one of the biggest curse to this country. If he had not truncated our democracy, we would have gone through all these polical tormoil in the 90s and stabilized by now. But he became a tool in the hand of the devil to derail us. Such a shame. If he is a true leader, he would have had several protegees he has mentored that we can all look up to to move things forward. But he is just a selfish old man with his "I must rule Nigeria as a civilian" obsession. very sad case he is!
u are spewing rub.bish brother, say something meaningfull abeg.
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by GARRIx7(m): 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Apologise for what? Didn't Buhari apostles claim he has the ability transform the country with immediate allacrity? What has changed? If anything has changed, what then is the new incubation period?

You lied in your opening post.....
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by taharqa: 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2013
take dat: Okay agreed that over $11billion was spent on the NIPP. Another $1.1billion will be borrowed this year

The six Gencos were auctioned at N107billion and government had spent close to N600billion to resuscitate them. While Kainji and Shiroro that billions of dollars have been spent on was sold for $760million and $364million including the properties attached to them. 60% of government share in 10 of the 11 distribution companies are said to be sold for N169billion, yet the landed properties of these discos are worth billions of naira. All the transformers, electric poles we bought with our monies have been auctioned to the buyers not to talk of other distribution facilities and you claim Nigeria gained from the privatisation when its actually personalisation of state utility to self and cronies. The bottom line is that this GEJ's privatisation exercise na still scam!
Plz provide me wit where u got d info dat #600billion had bn spent on d Gencos that was sold to 'RESUSCITATE' dem (only 5 were sold, not 6- Afam was not sold eventuali)... Kainji and Shiroro WERE NOT SOLD cos of dier oda stratigic water and agric uses; they were only concessiond to private hands, whilst Nigeria continues to wholly own them... A lot of d non-core lands and landed properties ownd by former PHCN as well as its debts are actuali unda d Management of d newly creatd National Liability Company, not all of them went with d DISCOS.... But so am clear, am not arguing that d bid price of d various GENCOs and DISCOs are equal to d amount of money that were eva spent on them since their constructn (for sm of dem up to 40 yrs), but that d prizes are reflective of d CURRENT values of d core assets and d need/economic advantage of putting them in private hands. The bid prize are certainly not give-aways by any sketch of d imaginatn, i insist. Plus, d process itself was TRANSPARENT to d extent of ff its own self-imposd and agreed rules
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by takedat(m): 4:54pm On Jan 18, 2013
taharqa: Plz provide me wit where u got d info dat #600billion had bn spent on d Gencos that was sold to 'RESUSCITATE' dem (only 5 were sold, not 6- Afam was not sold eventuali)... Kainji and Shiroro WERE NOT SOLD cos of dier oda stratigic water and agric uses; they were only concessiond to private hands, whilst Nigeria continues to wholly own them... A lot of d non-core lands and landed properties ownd by former PHCN as well as its debts are actuali unda d Management of d newly creatd National Liability Company, not all of them went with d DISCOS.... But so am clear, am not arguing that d bid price of d various GENCOs and DISCOs are equal to d amount of money that were eva spent on them since their constructn (for sm of dem up to 40 yrs), but that d prizes are reflective of d CURRENT values of d core assets and d need/economic advantage of putting them in private hands. The bid prize are certainly not give-aways by any sketch of d imaginatn, i insist. Plus, d process itself was TRANSPARENT to d extent of ff its own self-imposd and agreed rules
Even if Kainji and Shiroro hydropower plants were leased out for 15years, the amount they were auctioned is meagre considering that these plants have properties and facilities worth billions of dollar including expansive and expensive dams. Assuming without considering the puerile excuse of the sale of existing electricity firms(I.e they need private investment to put them back on track), what excuse will government give for auctioning/give away new power plants built with public funds? The said NELMCO itself has some structural problems. I maintain my stance that the billions of dollar invested from public funds have been diverted to private hands for cheap!
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by hubreality(m): 5:19pm On Jan 18, 2013
thelastPope:

Fake argument. Brazil is swimming with corruption while having stable power and other major infrastructure. Same for Russia that is more corrupt than Nigeria yet are one of the biggest world powers. I could go on and on. Fighting corruption is not development. No wonder you think an almost 80 year old man will be able to understand modern day governance. Only in Nigeria! cheesy cheesy cheesy
You can say it again. Fighting corruption is not development and I add, corruption is only successfully fought to bearest minimum anywhere in the world with Advanced Technology not by any supposed man. If you're free from Corruption, are you free from the havoc of Religion and Tribalism that have caused great damage and setback to the country over the decades, these two factors are worst than clamoured corruption. No sentiments attached PlS!
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by OmoTier1(m): 5:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
taharqa: Sharrap there, dis is d HYPOCRISY am talking about. GEJ has already doubled public power supply that he met on ground and it is not just IMPROVING BUT IT IS SET TO CERTAINLY IMPROVE EVEN MORE SIGNIFICANTLY OVER TIME cos there is even as we speak about 3000MW power that is almost already available to be added to d grid dis yr alone; and dis is apart from d huge unfathomable possibilities from a REFORMED and PRIVATISED power sector that GEJ has single mindedly pursued for 2yrs now, which has bn rightly haild by most experts as d SOLUTION to Nigeria's power problems both now and esp in d future.. Now get LOST
Stop your lies, Yar'dua government generated over 4,300MW which led to the collapse of the national grid. If my maths serve me right, twice of 4,300 is 8,600MW. So now you claim GEJ has generated 8,000MW?

We can't all be fooled you know.
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by taharqa: 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Stop your lies, Yar'dua government generated over 4,300MW which led to the collapse of the national grid. If my maths serve me right, twice of 4,300 is 8,600MW. So now you claim GEJ has generated 8,000MW?

We can't all be fooled you know.
Actuali, Yar'adua generatd about 3800MW high and we fooolishes tried pushing all of dem to d national grid which almost immediately led in less than 2 days to almost total collapse of d System cos of very inadequate Transmissn and Distributn facilities to less than 1500MW for sm months. The power startd increasing very unsteadly much later to a little less than 2000MW or less than 2500MW or less than 2800MW which GEJ MET (we rili cant tell d exact amount cos it was very unstable then); now GEJ hv bn able to put a high of a little above 4500MW power to a much beta transmissn grids for months without any elongatd total systems crash like wat happend b4. This is roughly double d MWs he MET when he came in.... Any oda tin?
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by fkaz(m): 6:00pm On Jan 18, 2013
[quote author=taharqaondaful!! I like dis. The criticism is now: GEJ we know you hv finishd most d NIPP generation plants, why hv you not alignd ALL of dey to d national grid. LOL, talk about a critic doing PR for a person...... By d way, NONE of d 11 NIPP projects hv bn privatisd yet[/quote]

You see my problem with you and thelaspope is dat: you like to paint this picture, as if jona is the brain behind those NIPP project.
The ALAOji in abia state that maku is inspecting now, was constructed btw 2004 and 2009.
Tomorrow you guys will say the retaard is giving 9jirians power through transformation blah blah....
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by LFJ: 6:04pm On Jan 18, 2013
thelastPope:

Fake argument. Brazil is swimming with corruption while having stable power and other major infrastructure. Same for Russia that is more corrupt than Nigeria yet are one of the biggest world powers. I could go on and on. Fighting corruption is not development. No wonder you think an almost 80 year old man will be able to understand modern day governance. Only in Nigeria! cheesy cheesy cheesy

If 80 years old man cannot understand modern day governance, I guess you think that the 50 yrs old man there now understand it. For your information, based on the circumstance we find ourselves today, our hope for the future lies on how far we can fight corruption today. If corruption and indiscipline is out of our way be rest assured that 50% of our problem is solved.
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 18, 2013
[quote author=fkaz][/quote]
Go and read the house of reps investigation into the activities of the NIPP under OBJ to clear yourself of ignorance. If the plants we'r all completed then and all went well, what necessitated the investigation?

The NIPP was a well conceived project but its implementation by OBJ was disastrous. Nigeria has never lacked beautiful plans or programmes but implementation to achieve desired outcome has always been problematic.

Ajaokuta steel complex is still there today, dysfunctional after sinking in billions of dollars for decades. Its easier to look at Ajaokuta complex from the outside and say give credit to so and so govt for building the plant with billions but the pertinent question is the outcome of such expenditure. Is the plant functional or not?

A task as easy as privatisation of NITEL and other public assets was completely bungled by OBJ. If that task was done as it should, NITEL would survived till date, employing some Nigerians.

Whatever OBJ did with the NIPP plants obviously did not yield power. Since OBJ left in 2007 subsequent govt have been battling to breath life to the NIPP plants. Note that the inability to complete the projects have never been for want of money because the 3 tiers of govt contributed money for the projects.

The incumbent is currently battling to complete whatever has to completed, lay gas pipelines, build transmission stations to evacuate power from the stations,etc

The truth is that until the last nut is fixed, no single megawatt of power can come out from the NIPP. Until those power plants start delivering power to our homes, every money sunk in and effort made so far is a waste.
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by fkaz(m): 7:17pm On Jan 18, 2013
Go and read the house of reps investigation into the activities of the NIPP under OBJ to clear yourself of ignorance. If the plants we'r all completed then and all went well, what necessitated the investigation?

You mean the report that was politicise and characterise with fraud under elumelu,
That no be investigation abeg.
The incumbent is currently battling to complete whatever has to completed, lay gas pipelines, build transmission stations to evacuate power from the stations,etc

And you still called it a waste, you are not sincere.
Your paymaster is so dumb to even initiate such idea.
Continue with your hyping, time will tell.
Re: Buhari Intended To Stabilize Electric Power By 2019! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
fkaz:

You mean the report that was politicise and characterise with fraud under elumelu,
That no be investigation abeg.

And you still called it a waste, you are not sincere.
Your paymaster is so dumb to even initiate such idea.
Continue with your hyping, time will tell.
By the way what happened to the power plant started by Tinubu's govt? Did it disappear? I recall Tinubu made so much noise about that power plant then. This is just to confirm to you that not all projects are workable. Some govt projects may even be completed without working for a single day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Officers Grumble As Jonathan Reappoints DSS DG Another Four Years / Emir Sanusi Takes 17-year-old As Fourth Wife / Between Joe Igbokwe And Chris Finebone, Who Should Replace Lai Mohammed??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.