Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,345 members, 7,971,215 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 05:32 AM

North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State (18895 Views)

50 Cent Visits Famine Victims In Somalia And Kenya As Part Of World Food Program / Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader / North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
No Qualms: Are you kidding me? This is serious. Are there not other options? How can a sane human being eat his own child? Can't they just migrate? This is mind boggling, dammit.

Migrate? What a joke! It's obvious you know nothing about North Korea.

1 Like

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by OmerianConsult: 7:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
Hmm
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by levos2007(m): 7:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
Nice once , that shows u following world politics......

outrage: US at it again! All these propaganda rubbish.
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by solomon111(m): 7:45pm On Jan 28, 2013
nuelnuel: Propaganda for what? North Korea the poorest country in the world and some people are just saying
propaganda.If North Korea is a reasonable nation why not try to catch up with the south,they are're there testing weapons-what are they using it for while the citizens are starving.If you want to disprove a story present your facts let's see.
where are the pictures to prove the cannibalism?
Besides,i thought they do not allow western journalists into their country,so where did they get their story from?
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 28, 2013
Yet their Government wants to attack the USA, Talk of clueless the North Korean people has an award for cluelessness.

1 Like

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 28, 2013
levos2007: Nice once , that shows u following world politics......

Nonsense! Isn't the news coming from the Brits?
olayanju22: Let no one be shocked all this stuff can happen in North Korea,that's a country where citizen are not allowed to travel out just becos they want to,only the govet there can give you a visa t visit the damn place,they don't recognice the UN or maybe just recently.
No international calls are allowed(punishable by death) no foreign channels, or radio stations.infact is a God forbidden country.
If I could take Christine Amampour of CNN 9 years to get the useless visa to that country.
Just imagine the rest.

Don't mind some of the ignorant posters here, I wish them a permanent residency in North Korea, if you survive pls come back here to share your amazing experience.
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by yuzedo: 7:52pm On Jan 28, 2013
I'm impressed by Africans/Nigerians/Nairalanders..

We no dey believe just anything wey we hear! grin

Healthy skepticism. The west'll start to re-think if we're so dumb/gullible if we keep this up.

1 Like

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by solomon111(m): 7:56pm On Jan 28, 2013
inufele2:

Don't mind some of the ignorant posters here, I wish them a permanent residency in North Korea, if you survive pls come back here to share your amazing experience.
guy go and sit down.
If i ask you to give me reasons why you think N.korea is not a good country to live in,you will start quoting stories from dailymail,bbc,washingtonpost,and all those brain-washing western media.
So why should i bother?

1 Like

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
olayanju22: Let no one be shocked all this stuff can happen in North Korea,that's a country where citizen are not allowed to travel out just becos they want to,only the govet there can give you a visa t visit the damn place,they don't recognice the UN or maybe just recently.
No international calls are allowed(punishable by death) no foreign channels, or radio stations.infact is a God forbidden country.
If I could take Christine Amampour of CNN 9 years to get the useless visa to that country.
Just imagine the rest.

Despite all these,you are still nto surprised that koreans in the south are moving back to north.don't forget all these things you are talking were presented to you by CNN,Al-jazeera and other western media house.

1 Like

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by yuzedo: 7:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Hehehehehehehe. . . .Good one!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

I almost read that with a straight face.
grin
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2013
solomon111: guy go and sit down.
If i ask you to give me reasons why you think N.korea is not a good country to live in,you will start quoting stories from dailymail,bbc,washingtonpost,and all those brain-washing western media.
So why should i bother?

What is your biz whether I decide to stand up or sit down? Lol
For all I care you can apply for your North Korean visa ASAP so you too can enjoy their amazing standard of living. Remember no mobile phone, Internet and you'll require a visa to fccking exit the country. See you when I see you...
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by Demoinc(m): 8:08pm On Jan 28, 2013
Hav neva and will neva trusted dat source ......... Daily mail, it is just lyk all dose endtime newspapers ova here, d story luks flawed, how can a woman leave her family to embark on a business trip when dere is serious famine i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d land

1 Like

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by MANOSUB(m): 8:11pm On Jan 28, 2013
We have held cases of cannibalism here in Nigeria, particularly in some eastern parts of Nigeria. The fact that we may not be hearing them often does not mean we are free from it. To the one who thinks Lizards, frogs are everywhere in the world, u really need to rethink. During drought, i wonder how it is possible to get sea food. Just a point of correction.
kaysy: This is why African remains the best continent in the world, things like this never happens here and will never happen. sometimes over development is even a problem, just imagine the problem of these ones, something that is not supposed to even happen in the first place. na wa for some people oooo
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by elampiro(m): 8:11pm On Jan 28, 2013
Famine in North Korea

What are some of the major causes of the famine in North Korea?

The famine in DPRK is the result of the cumulative effects of a fractured economic infrastructure and inadequate food production. Over 22 million people must rely on food produced from the barely 20 per cent of arable land available. This has led, with unfortunate consequences, to planting crops on steep hillsides, destroying the forest cover and causing erosion. While the yield from planting on hillslopes is not great, the effects have been detrimental. Partly related, a cycle of floods (and drought) began in 1995 that led to the current famine-like situation in the country. Further, the country has not been able to earn sufficient foreign exchange to allow it to purchase substantial amounts of food abroad.

It is estimated by the DPRK government that over 40 per cent of children under five are malnourished. A high proportion of pregnant women are also malnourished. Deteriorating social services, along with inadequate food distributions through the government public distribution system have led to the current crisis in the DPRK.

Recent news reports warn that North Korea will run out of food in three months unless more international donations arrive immediately. How are you altering your programs in light of this and are governments responding to the urgency of this issue?

The emergency operation remains heavily under-resourced despite a very recent contribution from the US of 100,000 metric tonnes (mt) of food aid. The current shortfall for the calendar year now totals about 150,000 metric tonnes. The main shortfalls are in cereals (140,000 mt) and Corn Soya Blend (CSB), which is an enriched blended food mainly targeted for nursery- school children.

Owing to the food pipeline problems, WFP had to scale back its operations starting in May when we stopped distributing food to 675,000 secondary school children and were unable to begin the planned lean season distributions to 350,000 elderly people and 144,000 caregivers in child institutions and pediatric hospitals/wards. This measure has enabled us to give priority to our core beneficiary groups (i.e. orphans, young children and pregnant and nursing women), allowing distributions to them to extend farther into the third quarter.

With the US 100,000 tonnes, the situation has been alleviated, though not solved. The dilemma faced is that, despite this contribution, it may be difficult to resume distributing food to the beneficiary groups that have been omitted unless we are reasonably certain we will have enough food for the most vulnerable core beneficiaries through to the end of the year.

Who are the countries that are giving the most aid right now? Why are donors providing less aid this year than they have in previous years?

The donor base for food aid has been diverse in the past few years, with the major contributors being the US, Japan, Republic of Korea (in that order). The EU, Italy, Germany, Australia, Canada, Sweden and Finland have also contributed, though lesser amounts. Also the ROK has given a lot bilaterally (i.e., directly to the DPRK government and not through WFP) while China is also known to have made major contributions bilaterally.

http://asiasociety.org/policy/environment/water-and-food-security/famine-north-korea

1 Like

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by misslaw(f): 8:11pm On Jan 28, 2013
gerrardomendes: i blame jonathan sha undecided
wetin concern jonathan wit north korea
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by laivwire(m): 8:21pm On Jan 28, 2013
What's the correlation? undecided
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by pendo89(f): 8:24pm On Jan 28, 2013
Therefore in your midst fathers will eat their children, and children will eat their fathers. I will inflict punishment on you and will scatter all your survivors to the winds.Ezekiel 5:10
And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat. (Leviticus 26:29)

And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son tomorrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son. (2 Kings 6:27-29)
Strange things have happened.Not suprised.
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
This is one more reason why I loathe (and DREAD) the idea/possibility of reincarnation. You never know where you might find yourself next lifetime. . .and unfortunately, there's more than an 80% chance that you would end up in a pathetic situation.

Imagine being born to parents that are so hungry, poor, dehumanised, and hopeless that they mate primarily because they need meat.
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by MicroBox: 8:27pm On Jan 28, 2013
Charles.nerd:
US and European propaganda machine at work!!
Exactly what came to my mind before i read your post. Purely propaganda. Thank God people are now wakingup to understand the power of US propaganda.

1 Like

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
Western Propaganda machines at work

2 Likes

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by anonymousjuju(f): 8:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
This is pure propaganda by the westerners.....I find this hard to chew.

1 Like

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by doggshaven: 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2013
Sum Tim Wong!!!

1 Like

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 28, 2013
outrage: US at it again! All these propaganda rubbish.
No mind them. They would have given us pictures now since they had an undercover reporter. Very fake story. US and UK sef! They actually take the rest of the world for muggs!

1 Like

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by ehispapa(m): 8:45pm On Jan 28, 2013
aka tonero: North Korea don turn Thailand? grin grin grin grin
Nothing like end time here na hunger grin grin

and who told you the thais are hungry...leave your house they point another man own.
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by CGKing(m): 8:47pm On Jan 28, 2013
Horrible. Just plain horrible. Horrible people, horrible nation. Y not just die instead of eating a human? When u have eaten all the humans around u, what next? Would u proceed to the presidential villa to eat Kim jun un?

Rubbish nation. Foolish leaders. Investing all ur time and funds in nuclear weapons at the expense of food. Nonsense.
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by ibooky: 8:55pm On Jan 28, 2013
Please someone should read the news papers and tell us if this is true or not.

shockedshocked
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by imperiouxx(m): 8:55pm On Jan 28, 2013
Why that stupid Nigerian Judge no fit sell that motherfucckin Yakubu Yusuf (former head of the Police Pension Board) go this village for N250K, make them fest on him like kpanla (okporoko). angry
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by ceejay80s(m): 8:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
Very soon e no go be news to us becos we sabi perfect copy cat e.g oyibo start kidnapping, naija took over, oyibo start bombing, we took over. Oyibo dey kill each other anyhow, we took over. Now oyibo dey eat them selves, we go soon take over

1 Like

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by vision2050: 8:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
God dont let this lies happen.....
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by vision2050: 9:00pm On Jan 28, 2013
Choi kan ta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by Nwunuken(m): 9:01pm On Jan 28, 2013
na jonathan cause d hunger?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UK Considers Supplying Anti Aircraft Star Streak Missiles To Ukraine / Jamaican Teen Transvestite Stabbed To Death At Street Dance / US Plans To Station Nuclear Weapons In UK As Threat Of WW3 With Russia Increases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.