Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,905 members, 7,942,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 05:04 AM

North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State (18876 Views)

50 Cent Visits Famine Victims In Somalia And Kenya As Part Of World Food Program / Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader / North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by warrior101: 7:28am On Jan 30, 2013
Vires: Rather than provide food for its citizens, their government continue to stock pile nuclear weapons, whether na weapons they go chop!!!

All the people shouting propaganda, if North Korea was such a fantastic country, how come they are not as rich n as sucessful as their Southern brothers?

Venezuela for instance has alot of mineral resources and is the second large oil producer only next to Saudi Arabia, the country itself is almost as old as USA and yet still very poor while the the US is basking in wealth? If you go through history and you are able to see the struggle they are going through under the oppression of USA, then you can understand the position of NK too.
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by warrior101: 7:39am On Jan 30, 2013
inufele2:

Rubbish!
If NK is such a fantastic country why are they hiding all their affairs for the world? Why don't they allow their citizens to travel or use telephone? A prosperous country looking after her citizens will be more than willing to showcase their pride not hiding it. Something is definitely wrong with you and the likes of you becos you thought are upside down. For once stop blabbing on this forum and relocate to NK mumu.

The highlighted is also very common with most so called developed countries i think... I have heard a Chinese saying that their government is like that. even in the US, majority of it's citizens live on debt (credit card) so they can not travel out of country... In Malaysia, the same thing. At least i have lived there for +3yrs. They buy houses, cars etc etc on loan and pay monthly sometimes for 50yrs. how can somebody like that have a passport talk-less of to travel? But, saying that NKs are not allowed to use phone. I don't think that is true. I can find out if i want to. All i need to do is join a dating site and bomb NKian girls and ask them for their numbers but don't have the time now. Can someone else in the house do that and get back to us?

1 Like

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 30, 2013
warrior101:

The highlighted is also very common with most so called developed countries i think... I have heard a Chinese saying that their government is like that. even in the US, majority of it's citizens live on debt (credit card) so they can not travel out of country... In Malaysia, the same thing. At least i have lived there for +3yrs. They buy houses, cars etc etc on loan and pay monthly sometimes for 50yrs. how can somebody like that have a passport talk-less of to travel? But, saying that NKs are not allowed to use phone. I don't think that is true. I can find out if i want to. All i need to do is join a dating site and bomb NKian girls and ask them for their numbers but don't have the time now. Can someone else in the house do that and get back to us?

Pls lists some countries that is secretive as NK and does not allow their citizens to travel. Note not being allowed to travel is different from choosing not to have a passport. Secondly, even as a tourist you're not allowed to use mobile phone in NK I'm surprised that you don't know this! All the same carry on with your fact finding mission and get back to us asap.
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 30, 2013
inufele2:

Rubbish!
If NK is such a fantastic country why are they hiding all their affairs for the world? Why don't they allow their citizens to travel or use telephone? A prosperous country looking after her citizens will be more than willing to showcase their pride not hiding it. Something is definitely wrong with you and the likes of you becos you thought are upside down. For once stop blabbing on this forum and relocate to NK mumu.

Chei, na wah for you oo, I hope you are not suffering from CCD (Compulsive Comment Disorder). Where in my comment did u see me mentioned NK as a fantastic country? Someone made thesame allegation like yours, and I refuted that in my comment which unfortunately you couldnt read or comprehend. Pls when responding to people comments, read and understand the whole stuff, dont just read the first few sentences b4 commenting. Btw, Name-callings is an easy get away ticket for those who are too retarded_ and impulsive to have an intellectual discussion.

Anyways, here again is my earlier comment for your perusal:

Maple: ^^^
Has your country Nigeria provided food for its citizens? Atleast the NKs stockpiled weapons that protects their country against any foreign invasion army. God forbids my country Nigeria comes under military invasion by a much powerful country, we have nothing to deter that.

While NK leaders are stockpiling weapons to deter foreign military invasion of their country, our corrupt leaders are busy stockpiling "ballistic missiles" perfected only to loot money from the country's coffers into their personal foreign bank accounts. The fact that our country makes atleast $100billion profits annually from Oil alone, and with nothing to show for it, means our "ballistic missiles" has for long gone Nuclear. Thus, our leaders have already secured for themselves and their families a comfortable life and one-way flight tickets outside of the country, the moment they hear the first gunshots. So, are we Nigerians that qualified to cast the first stone on NK?

I have not seen anyone mentioned NK as a fantastic country, most only refused to swallow everything the western media tells them about a country they've tagged not only as their enemy, but "an axis of evil". They've compromised their judgement about anything NK.
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by SAFO(m): 10:32am On Jan 30, 2013
No mind dem jare.

That same "war torn", "famine and starvation stricken" country would conquer SK within days the moment US Army stop babysitting SK.

With all its shorcomings, NK is one hell of a country the US can not afford to mess with.

I highly doubt that. The US military has what they call KATUSAs (Koreans augmented to US Army). They train alongside US soldiers and then implement it into their own army, so everything from maneuvering patterns to high grade weaponry, they have access to. As far as technology goes,, they're well ahead of their kin in the north.
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 30, 2013
^^^
So, why has the South refused to be "weaned" off the 50,000 plus US Army still marooned in their country, if wut you said is indeed true?
with all their sophistry SK does not stand a chance in any war against NK, without direct US involvement. NK is a country that brews its people for war right from infant-hood, and nothing else. Ask most military analysts, the most die-hard and disciplined soldiers in the world are the NKoreans. The US revere them.

1 Like

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by warrior101: 10:54am On Jan 30, 2013
inufele2:

Pls lists some countries that is secretive as NK and does not allow their citizens to travel.

There is no country that is not secretive... Even the US who is the current card holder is super secretive, they only give out the side the want you to see. As for not allowing citizens of North Koreans to travel, i am not sure that is true because i patronized Korean food very well while i was in Malaysia. One in sunway pyramid and the other near IPD Office (where i wrote my IELTS Exams) around pataling jaya. Are you saying that those Koreans only are from the south? (Remember, they are all Korean)...

Note not being allowed to travel is different from choosing not to have a passport.

If you are living in a communist country like russia for instance and everything you own is from the government, or you live in america, malaysia, singapore etc where you can live well on loan, not only will you not choose to have a passport, you will not be allowed to travel...

Secondly, even as a tourist you're not allowed to use mobile phone in NK I'm surprised that you don't know this!

Because i don't care...

All the same carry on with your fact finding mission and get back to us asap.

I don't care Nigga... I have been polite enough to throw out the idea open, you do the work and let us know asap.
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by elampiro(m): 12:10pm On Jan 30, 2013
A-ZeD:
So many ignorant folks on Nairaland. All those shouting propaganda should spend more time educating themselves instead of spending all day on Nairaland.

North Korea is the most secluded country in the world.
1) The citizens are not allowed to leave the country. If you are caught trying to leave, its prison straight.
2) The citizens are not allowed to own cell phones. Even foreigners drop their phones at the airport.

Limited internet access.
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by SAFO(m): 1:23pm On Jan 30, 2013
So, why has the South refused to be "weaned" off the 50,000 plus US Army still marooned in their country, if wut you said is indeed true?
with all their sophistry SK does not stand a chance in any war against NK, without direct US involvement. NK is a country that brews its people for war right from infant-hood, and nothing else. Ask most military analysts, the most die-hard and disciplined soldiers in the world are the NKoreans. The US revere them.

Actually it's only around half that number and the main reason is because of economic ties. If they wanted to S Korea could be sole sufficient, their GDP dwarfs that of the North and they could stockpile an arsenal that could rival any of the world's super powers. They just choose not to invest solely in military like their starved famined neighbors to the north.

As long as they're one of the trading giants of the world, it would be foolish to sever military ties with the US. You scratch our back, I'll scratch yours.
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
warrior101:

There is no country that is not secretive... Even the US who is the current card holder is super secretive, they only give out the side the want you to see. As for not allowing citizens of North Koreans to travel, i am not sure that is true because i patronized Korean food very well while i was in Malaysia. One in sunway pyramid and the other near IPD Office (where i wrote my IELTS Exams) around pataling jaya. Are you saying that those Koreans only are from the south? (Remember, they are all Korean)...

If you are living in a communist country like russia for instance and everything you own is from the government, or you live in america, malaysia, singapore etc where you can live well on loan, not only will you not choose to have a passport, you will not be allowed to travel...

Because i don't care...

I don't care Nigga... I have been polite enough to throw out the idea open, you do the work and let us know asap.

Just f***listen to yourself! Your are just blabbing about and making no points.
1. I asked you to lists those countries that are as secretive as NK-
your answer- there is no country that is not secretive

2. I asked you why NK don't allow their citizens to travel
Your answer- your are not sure this is true because you patronised Korean food in Malaysia! What a ridiculously daft answer! Koreans are homogenous and those Korean restaurant you patronised are SK restaurant if you don't know.

If you've travelled enough you'll notice that while you see people of different nationalities you cannot see N Koreans.

3. I stated that I'm surprised you don't know this
Your answer- you don't care! So if you don't care why are you quick to shout propaganda as if your life depended on it? What a hypocrite you are!

And please don't call me a nigga because I'm not one. If you're comfortable being called with such derogatory names I shouldn't be surprised by your shallow thinking.
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by SAFO(m): 3:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
^^^ he really doesn't fully understand the magnitude of the situation but I've seen it first hand. When you stand on the dmz line you can hear a thousand loud speakers preaching propaganda from the Norths side. All they do is brainwash their citizens with a thinly veiled illusion of unity. If a north Korean defects to the south his entire family is arrested and carted off to a concentration camp. It really is a depressed nation.
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by Jamisco: 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
kaysy: This is why African remains the best continent in the world, things like this never happens here and will never happen. sometimes over development is even a problem, just imagine the problem of these ones, something that is not supposed to even happen in the first place. na wa for some people oooo

BUT YOU AFRICANS CAN DO RITUALS WITH YOUR KIDS TO MAKE MONEY ABI? THERE OWN IS BETTER COS IT WAS HUNGER.
MOREOVER WHO TOLD YOU THAT NORTH OR SOURTH KOREA IS OVER DEVELOPED? THEY ARE STILL DEVELOPING COUNTRIES LIKE NAIJA
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 30, 2013
SAFO:

Actually it's only around half that number and the main reason is because of economic ties.If they wanted to S Korea could be sole sufficient, their GDP dwarfs that of the North and they could stockpile an arsenal that could rival any of the world's super powers. They just choose not to invest solely in military like their starved famined neighbors to the north.

As long as they're one of the trading giants of the world, it would be foolish to sever military ties with the US. You scratch our back, I'll scratch yours.

Halfoo, three-halfoo, fourth-halfoo, doesnt change the fact that SK needs US to protect it from NK.

I work with facts and whats on ground, not IF scenarios. Nigeria GDP dwarfs, ethiopia's and Egypt, yet these two African country's are military more powerful than ours. Also, China and Brazil are bigger trading giants than SK, yet they have no military ties with US. So, whats ur point?

In a non-diplomatic language terms, South Korean-US relation is more of, you(SK) svck my balls in your country, and I(US)would make sure your SKorean azz is not invaded by the NKoreans.

1 Like

Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by SAFO(m): 12:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
Maple:

Halfoo, three-halfoo, fourth-halfoo, doesnt change the fact that SK needs US to protect it from NK.

I work with facts and whats on ground, not IF scenarios. Nigeria GDP dwarfs, ethiopia's and Egypt, yet these two African country's are military more powerful than ours. Also, China and Brazil are bigger trading giants than SK, yet they have no military ties with US. So, whats ur point?

In a non-diplomatic language terms, South Korean-US relation is more of, you(SK) svck my balls in your country, and I(US)would make sure your SKorean azz is not invaded by the NKoreans.

Fair point but I would still disagree that NK could overrun them. Yes, maybe 20/30 years ago but as of date, their weapons are antiquated and their soldiers are mal-nourished and ill trained. Only by sheer military numbers could they hope to succeed but that would still be trumped by S Korea's more advanced technology.

In logistics terms, we (SK) would wipe the floor with your (NK) azz.
Re: North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State by Nobody: 6:27am On Feb 03, 2013
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe the are free.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US / Jamaican Teen Transvestite Stabbed To Death At Street Dance / Uganda Orders All Social Media Platforms Shut Until Further Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.