Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,100 members, 7,933,685 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 11:21 AM

Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? (39384 Views)

Nigerians Attack The Presidency Over Abacha Loot Post on Twitter (Snapshot) / Tension In Military As Buhari Demands Records Of Weapons Procurement / [picture] Buhari And GEJ Dress Up In Military Attire To Salute Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by gratiaeo(m): 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2013
Joey82: u guyz supporting ihejirika do not seem to understand how the military operates.
the military is not a civil ministry so quit the comparisms.
there is nothing as important to a soldier as loyalty.
when high ranking officers, generals for that matter start questioning the authenticity of a leaders action, then there is problem.
and the report imho is not biased especially giving the reasons as stated by the report.
COAS can be biased in his promotions but he's got to apply diplomacy and he should also know that it will take time for igbo officers to catch up with their northern and western counterparts since the numbers of the later is by far higher in the rankings.
i just pray mutiny isnt brewing already
Muting my aSs
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by dnawah(m): 4:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
gboss4sure: These people are madt, Before Jonathan how many igbos where in the military? The hausa;s makes sure that igbo don't get men in the military now they have begin crying. Anyway Nigerians breaking up will have to start with someone.
lord is it me?
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Balkan(m): 4:02pm On Jan 31, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Your repeated rants marks you out as a loony desperately in need of medication.

When did I become an Igbo hater? When I started a discussion thread on a topic already in the public domain?

If only you knew who you are addressing, you'd know how redundant your flights of fantasy (you call them prayers) are.

You are just a useless yoruba man. You will die of inferiority complex

2 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by aduboy(m): 4:04pm On Jan 31, 2013
Joey82: u guyz supporting ihejirika do not seem to understand how the military operates.
the military is not a civil ministry so quit the comparisms.
there is nothing as important to a soldier as loyalty.
when high ranking officers, generals for that matter start questioning the authenticity of a leaders action, then there is problem.
and the report imho is not biased especially giving the reasons as stated by the report.
COAS can be biased in his promotions but he's got to apply diplomacy and he should also know that it will take time for igbo officers to catch up with their northern and western counterparts since the numbers of the later is by far higher in the rankings.
i just pray mutiny isnt brewing already
If you are part of the system then you should tell me if any Chief has done better than Ihejerika in recent times. Sincerely the write up is a hoax, there is no tension to with respect to this write up. Officers may grumble due to high corruption among the politicians but not because of promotions and postings of some particular officers that deserve it, there ethnicity not withstanding.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Joey82(m): 4:05pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ozichim:
I think I understand what U mean, But U see, whoever start anything caos in this country will difintly regrete it. Becouse the country is now beyound any man's manipulation. the time has passed when some group of people will ill-inform and manipulate the public for his selfish reason! such fellow will difintly be consumed.

u seem not to understand what is brewing.
that article at op was not really meant for public consumption but for the advent of info tech, it got out.
these military guys live by the gun and they need not manipulate the public to feel right,
the question we should be asking ourselves is what backing does ihejirika have in the army to contain any kind of mutiny.
the military is still over populated with northern and western elements.
its not just abt promoting undeserved officers to more senior ranks.
its abt also recruiting well enof to have the backing.
in the end loyalty is what is more important and he seem to be loosing it

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Joey82(m): 4:11pm On Jan 31, 2013
aduboy:
If you are part of the system then you should tell me if any Chief has done better than Ihejerika in recent times. Sincerely the write up is a hoax, there is no tension to with respect to this write up. Officers may grumble due to high corruption among the politicians but not because of promotions and postings of some particular officers that deserve it, there ethnicity not withstanding.

we are talking loyalty here.
in the army, most senior officers are corrupt, but they understand their game when it comes to issues of satisfying their subordinates.
yes these seniors pocket lots of money but they know how not to toy with promotions and rewards and in the end subordinates are satisfied not really because the COAS did so well but because he gave them their due.
in the Nigeian army, seniority counts a lot more than brilliance ( whether it is right or wrong).
I understand that the igbos have to play the catch up and there couldnt have been any time better than now
my contention is it is has to be gradual not in 1 fell swoop
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by aduboy(m): 4:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
Joey82:

that article at op was not really meant for public consumption but for the advent of info tech, it got out.
these military guys live by the gun and they need not manipulate the public to feel right,
the question we should be asking ourselves is what backing does ihejirika have in the army to contain any kind of mutiny.
I want to believe that you are not informed well enough on how the army command structure works otherwise the issue of loyality would not come up, are you saying the genarals will stop taking orders from the chief or the soldier will not take orders from his guard commander. There is still discipline in our Army irrespective of the 'military politics' for trust (something more than loyality). The chief as a leader puts his trusted collegues in sensitive positions and their tribes does not influence such positions. Some of us are privilaged to know reasons for such appointments and basically its not ethnicity.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Ozichim(m): 4:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
Joey82:

I'm aware of this. I know before now that most of the old military filled with Igbo hatred are still there with the military. If you have ever visited military barrack and you are an Igbo, you will notice that you will have to be extra careful on the way you greet this military personnel, especially the Hausas. Most of them still openly treat the Igbos as if the Nigeria civil war is still on. You see this amongst the less educated military officers, they are the same group that can easily be manipulated by the same write-up that generated this argument. The Hitlers/Evil ones amongst them are more educated and they are the type that write such article.
If you don't take them serious then you are not serious. This write-up may be a move to prepare the public mind against the Igbos.
I can assure them that they have failed already before starting. infact they should come out because God want to still punish all those Nigeria civil war criminals.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by kettykin: 4:33pm On Jan 31, 2013
for those who care to know , A mutiny will lead to Civil War 2.0 The Civil war 1.0 . has been fought and the mistakes of the combatants have been studied this time around it will be "There were countries" because the Battle line up and alliances have changed those who want to do mutiny should please be fast with their plans .

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by baffylander(m): 4:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Nigeria runs a tribal army. Have you forgotten how Abacha and other northern soldiers systematically implicated SW generals in that coup? Have you forgotten how Dumbauzu was disrespecting GEJ because he was not a northerner? Be real with yourself, Nigeria is divided long before 1966 coup
Bro, i understand the fact that the army seems like a tribal one but u shld also understand that the problem of lopsidedness in the composition of officers and men of the nigerian army was not created today or yesterday, it was entrenched in the polity the moment we had more Northern states compared to the southern parts.
P.S
- I have only heard of a VERY few coup plotters who admit to having being involved in the planning and execution of same (considering its a capital offence)
-
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by baffylander(m): 4:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Nigeria runs a tribal army. Have you forgotten how Abacha and other northern soldiers systematically implicated SW generals in that coup? Have you forgotten how Dumbauzu was disrespecting GEJ because he was not a northerner? Be real with yourself, Nigeria is divided long before 1966 coup
Bro, i understand the fact that the army seems like a tribal one but u shld also understand that the problem of lopsidedness in the composition of officers and men of the nigerian army was not created today or yesterday, it was entrenched in the polity the moment we had more Northern states compared to the southern parts.
P.S
- I have only heard of a VERY few coup plotters who admit to having being involved in the planning and execution of same (considering its a capital offence). We only hear "i was implicated"...were there no meetings/consultations before these coup(s)were eventually pulled off?...Coup planning is an expensive venture which mostly results in the death(s) of people....
- I am also sure GEJ had his pound of flesh too by removing Danbazau as the COAS....
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by frodobee: 4:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
It seems all the perfect-officers put up for promotion are only from South-West, same region that controls Nigerian media. Same region where one eediot wrote an article on favouritism in Super Eagles money sharing qouta. Somebody should throw this write-up to the bin.

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Joey82(m): 4:58pm On Jan 31, 2013
aduboy:
I want to believe that you are not informed well enough on how the army command structure works otherwise the issue of loyality would not come up, are you saying the genarals will stop taking orders from the chief or the soldier will not take orders from his guard commander. There is still discipline in our Army irrespective of the 'military politics' for trust (something more than loyality). The chief as a leader puts his trusted collegues in sensitive positions and their tribes does not influence such positions. Some of us are privilaged to know reasons for such appointments and basically its not ethnicity.

I aint saying the generals will stop taking orders from the chief.
but there's a possibility the aggrieved ones grudgingly take orders.
yes there is still discipline in spite of the politics but where does it stem form; from loyalty
and u are well lying if u say tribe does not influence such politics.
if there were so much discipline as u claim y are senior officers complaining.
in a typical military setting, this is mutiny already
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by nkenu(m): 5:01pm On Jan 31, 2013
Grumbling is the most senior General in the military, it is allowed in the military. Wait for your turn is always the slogan. Things must not always remain the same! Change is the only imminent thing on plannet earth. Mr Ananimouse writter, pls wait for your time oh! If your time comes, pls carry the Army HQ to your village and all the army barracks. Also promote only your children in your house and yourself. That is your fucking cup of tea! ;Dr grin cheesy
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by seanet01: 5:05pm On Jan 31, 2013
Northern Nigerians have no moral right to complain about this.
They have taken other regions through this path of iniquity before and so should enjoy this fanfare while it last.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by miiraaj: 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2013
gboss4sure:

See outpouring of foolishness. Oya take the award of Most Foolish Nlander. Na so dem brainwash you reach? IBB wey thief all of our money nko, That police pension man nko. OBJ himself nko, just to mention but a few, Are they igbos?. Cover your face in shame.

Y do some people make comments from beer parlour?
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by alakid: 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2013
seanet01: Northern Nigerians have no moral right to complain about this.
They have taken other regions through this path of iniquity before and so should enjoy this fanfare while it last.

What's with you people and insulting the North, please go continue your tribalism and leave us out of it. We are too progressive to give a damn, a new crop of Arewa concious youth is on the rise. We are looking forward to a true federalism where we explore the potentials in the North for our development. So keep whining and hating, while we move on.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by alakid: 5:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
@All those calling northerners aboki, cattle, goats, illiterates etc, should know that they are just a bunch of local champions who have not crossed the Niger to explore the Vast greatness that is Northern Nigeria.
Why don't you ask yourselves this question, what percentage of Corp members that get posted to the north return back home after POP.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by aduboy(m): 5:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
Joey82:

yes there is still discipline in spite of the politics but where does it stem form; from loyalty
Even in Academy junior cadets are allowed to grumble and even soldiers grumble sometimes against officers. Grumbling so therefore is an old tradition in the Army. But when you voice out or act it then becomes an offence. So far so good no group officers or men as far as we know have voiced or acted the way this publication on nairaland is portraying. And mind you guys once you are retired you can grumble but you won't have commanding power because officers and men would cease to be under you. And like the disgruntled fellows are likely retired and discharged. Also your God sons and fathers in the Army may not necessarily be your tribesmen.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by aduboy(m): 5:27pm On Jan 31, 2013
Joey82:

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Akpan107(m): 5:31pm On Jan 31, 2013
Afam4eva: If this is true, they have to tell us those that were occupying the top positions before and why?
God bless you my brother, the Igbos should stop crying for the devision of Nigerian, but let them be involed in full politics, let them take all that belong to them, so that anybody that dont like it can leave the Country and form a new one!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert / Emir Sanusi Chilling With Obasanjo In London / Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.