Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,155 members, 7,933,848 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 01:29 PM

Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? (39387 Views)

Nigerians Attack The Presidency Over Abacha Loot Post on Twitter (Snapshot) / Tension In Military As Buhari Demands Records Of Weapons Procurement / [picture] Buhari And GEJ Dress Up In Military Attire To Salute Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by aribisala0(m): 11:03am On Jan 31, 2013
Afam4eva: If this is true, they have to tell us those that were occupying the top positions before and why?
Your words are intelligible only to you.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Demdem(m): 11:03am On Jan 31, 2013
FUTHER DISTURBING POSTINGS.

The recent postings of the officers of the Nigerian Army, has confirmed our earlier observation of the dangerous trend in that important state institution. The on-going attempt to Igbonise the Nigerian Army has been given further impetus, as the table below brings out clearly. This dangerous trend has to be stopped to avert a looming disaster.

No Name Posting Ethnic Group
1. Major General Emeka Commandant, Nigeria Defence Academy Igbo
2. Major General Umahi GOC 81Division Igbo
3. Major General Nwuago Commander, Armoured Corps Igbo
4. Major General Chioba Commandant, DICON, Kaduna Igbo
5. Major General Odunukwe Director of Operations, Army Headquarters Igbo
6. Major General Nwuagbo Chief of Training Operations, Army Headquarters Igbo
7. Major General Orji Commander, Corps of Signals Igbo
8. Brigadier General Azinta Brigade Commander, Calabar Igbo
9. Brigadier General Egwuagu Director Army Recruitment Igbo
10. Brigadier General Okorie Affra Commandant, NYSC Igbo
11. Col Anene Commander, AHQ S&T Igbo

Haba shocked shocked This man seems to be foolish in my opinion. even if u intend favouring ur tribe, at least apply wisdom

4 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by AjanleKoko: 11:05am On Jan 31, 2013
Maybe it's time for a regional army structure undecided

3 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by aribisala0(m): 11:06am On Jan 31, 2013
I have never ever heard this sort of disgruntlement being aired by the Nigerian Army and it should not be ignored.If this is said in public then surely a lot worse is being said in private. The consequences of ignoring this will be catastrophic.Much as i do not support GEJ I do not wish to see him come to harm.This is one area where he needs good advice and needs to keep his eye on the ball.

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Afam4eva(m): 11:06am On Jan 31, 2013
Demdem:

Haba shocked shocked This man seems to be foolish in my opinion. even if u intend favouring ur tribe, at least apply wisdom
Those are not all the names. They just printed Army officers of Igbo extraction. Don't tell me you believe that they're all Igbos.

9 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Afam4eva(m): 11:08am On Jan 31, 2013
AjanleKoko: Maybe it's time for a regional army structure undecided
It's not possible. The federal government is supposed to handle anything defence.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Demdem(m): 11:08am On Jan 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
Let's stop deceiving ourselves. Tell me when due process has ever been followed in this country. Even now, there's nothing like due process. It's only when people that have been benefiting from these things start losing out that they'll start shouting nepotism.

Then do u agree that the retardeen lied to us that he brings transformation to a spheres of our national lives. The bottom line is we cant continue the way we were. someone needs to start effecting changes from the status quo. Because its been done that way then doesnt mean it had to continue. what is wrong is wrong. simple.

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Pharoh: 11:09am On Jan 31, 2013

That was long overdue but we keep on deceiving ourselves that we are one united country and living in a fake harmony.

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by aribisala0(m): 11:09am On Jan 31, 2013
Demdem:

No naa they are Igbo they must have got it on merit. Haba !
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by SamMilla1(m): 11:09am On Jan 31, 2013
Philip Emeagwali - The father of computer - Igbo

Chike Obi - Best Nigerian Mathematician - Igbo

Chinua Achebe - Best novelist - Igbo.

Why is it only in the army that every other tribe came out with higher grades? While the Igbos are being promoted.

During the time of Danbazu, why were there no Senior officer of Igbo decent?

Just like what happened in the aviation ministry, you northerners held this country hostage for long, its time to cry.

15 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Afam4eva(m): 11:10am On Jan 31, 2013
Demdem:

Then do u agree that the retardeen lied to us that he brings transformation to a spheres of our national lives. The bottom line is we cant continue the way we were. someone needs to start effecting changes from the status quo. Because its been done that way then doesnt mean it had to continue. what is wrong is wrong. simple.
I can't remember ever telling anyone that i believe Jonathan's fresh air lies...

What is wrong is wrong and if it must be tackled, it has to be tackled in every ministry in the country. You don't tackle something because some certain people not longer benefit from it. We all know that before now, there was no ministry in the country that Igbos dominate. It has always been dominated by the hausa/Fulani and others and we never heard jack about it.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Demdem(m): 11:10am On Jan 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
Those are not all the names. They just printed Army officers of Igbo extraction. Don't tell me you believe that they're all Igbos.

u are wrong. go to this site given by the OP:
http://ireports-ng.com/2013/01/30/panic-in-presidency-over-mounting-tension-in-military-as-fear-of-mutiny-grips-army-barracks/

I simply copied the last paragraph before the conclusion out as it was presented, i didnt tamper with it.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by ichidodo: 11:11am On Jan 31, 2013
Nothin will happen, how many non-igbo chiefs of staff has d country had since 1960? have'nt these COASs also implemented their own agendas? Did we complain? Why is it now this dude is talkin now? He should stop making noise because his junior brother did not make the cut.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 31, 2013
CHYKMAN: Nice one, Gen Ihejirika. Though I can't get why this OP is complaining. It's not like there ever was One Nigeria at any time before especially in the faces of our ex-Northern heads.

Where do you see @OP complaining?

Would you rather have the factual information presented here suppressed?
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Fiawest(m): 11:12am On Jan 31, 2013
Rolling.:

Military intervention is long over-due in Nigeria.
see the way u r reasoning,Go n plan d coup now......cutting off d head is nt a panacea to headache my friend.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by FreeGlobe(f): 11:13am On Jan 31, 2013
Afam4eva: If this is true, they have to tell us those that were occupying the top positions before and why?
This here is the summary of the whole thread. Until anybody gives us answers then the thread is a joke. By the way, the veracity of this allegation from disgruntled elements has not been established.

I dare say they should hurry up with the threat of mutiny asap. Any thing to break up the country.

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Igwe9(m): 11:13am On Jan 31, 2013
Demdem:

why not ask yourself if that were all the positions available in the Nigeria defense ministry.

3 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by aribisala0(m): 11:14am On Jan 31, 2013
The reality is there are not enough Igbo soldiers in the Nigerian Army to protect those promoted Officers or even Ihejirika himself. Making someone GOC does not mean his own troops won't kill him when "yawa gas" those who have ears let them hear.

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 31, 2013
The report apparently didn't give a full picture ...

Let's know the the total positions and those occupying the positions and not this selective listings ...

Am not Igbo nor the COAS,so I can't hold brief for him.. ..but then we have to balance all things out to have a perfect picture.

11 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Ahmedie25(m): 11:16am On Jan 31, 2013
[quote
author=Feed me more]Balderdash!!!

Why is it that when the Hausa-Fulani are in Power they appoint their
kinsmen to head sensitive military positions, but nobody dares complain.

Now a South south man is in power and he appoints and approve who ever
he seems fit and trusted, and some disgruntle element are whining.

Who ever thinks/ believes appointment in Nigerian civil service or
military in based on merit is on a very long thing. [/quote] u are a big fool,when wil dat sentiment in our dumb brain? igbo are 2 sentiment & dat is y they wil never produce Nigeria president,
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by 999666: 11:16am On Jan 31, 2013
When appointments does not favour you, you rally against federal character; but when you are benefiting from it you see nothing wrong with it grin grin grin.

In fact you seem to derive a special joy in putting one up on others who are at the receiving end. This logic is confusing!!!

Although, truth be told, I do not believe in this mischief riddled report. The author should give a full list of all appointments carried out recently by the Nigerian army and not some selective positions to buttress his dubious argument. I smell bullshit here.

He who ask for equity must come with clean hand!!!

4 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by fkaz(m): 11:18am On Jan 31, 2013

Even regional govt, we can achieve it now and peacefully.

Let stop pretending
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by FreeGlobe(f): 11:18am On Jan 31, 2013
The same allegation they made on the minister of aviation, now its the chief of army staff. we all see its inferiority complex. How many times did igbos complain about chief of army staff position that the hausas and Yorubas were sharing among themselves until now. They thought the fruits of their tribalism will last forever. rubbish

4 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by chosen04(f): 11:20am On Jan 31, 2013
ilugunboy: The report apparently didn't give a full picture ...

Let's know the the total positions and those occupying the positions and not this selective listings ...

Am not Igbo nor the COAS,so I can't hold brief for him.. ..but then we have to balance all things out to have a perfect picture.

Nice observation. Now you are talking.....

2 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 31, 2013

That is the fastest route to disintegration...

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by casiraghi: 11:21am On Jan 31, 2013
The reality is there are not enough Igbo soldiers in the Nigerian Army to protect those promoted Officers or even Ihejirika himself. Making someone GOC does not mean his own troops won't kill him when "yawa gas" those who have ears let them hear.

You are on point
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by executinal(m): 11:22am On Jan 31, 2013
Joe boy is very smart man. He knows what will happen if IHEJIRIKA will give more power to North.

This is just the beginning cry never start.

Bleep one Naija

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by FreeGlobe(f): 11:23am On Jan 31, 2013
aribisala0: The reality is there are not enough Igbo soldiers in the Nigerian Army to protect those promoted Officers or even Ihejirika himself. Making someone GOC does not mean his own troops won't kill him when "yawa gas" those who have ears let them hear.
so why are there not enough igbo soldiers in the Nigerian army as you admitted. Let the troops kill one igbo soldier out of tribalism and see if the country will not break up. Its what we pray for on a platter of gold.

4 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Afam4eva(m): 11:23am On Jan 31, 2013
Demdem:

u are wrong. go to this site given by the OP:
http://ireports-ng.com/2013/01/30/panic-in-presidency-over-mounting-tension-in-military-as-fear-of-mutiny-grips-army-barracks/

I simply copied the last paragraph before the conclusion out as it was presented, i didnt tamper with it.
I need to see the full lists of the postings. The list supplied by the disgruntled does not tell the whole story. They just listed the names of Igbos that were promoted to support their assertion. They should have listed the names of everybody so that we'll juxtapose.

7 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by FrankC3: 11:24am On Jan 31, 2013
This appears like another Musiwa's attempt to defend the interest of Western Naija. I have no doubt in my mind that this is all an attempt to tell us how SW is not getting their due recognition in the Army. The last time, the complaint was about Aviation sector, few days back, it was about Super Eagles and today, it is about the Nigerian Army, the only surviving professional group in the country as i type. All striving to present the Igbo as the beneficiaries of the perceived marginalization of their kin.

Shame on the cowards that put together this article and the fellow that put it up here. Must we play politics with every thing? Yes, Igbo supports GEJ 100% and they will continue to do so until 2015 and WILL only review their support for him based on specific promises he made to them, promises that many others ahead of him has made and failed. It is clear that GEJ's only source of bloc support is the SE, hence all these attempts to taint the them and bring down the government. We know where this is coming from but they are bound to fail. By 2015, there shall be stock taking and Nigerians shall decide again.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan / Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc / I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.