Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,202 members, 7,933,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 03:22 PM

Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? (39388 Views)

Nigerians Attack The Presidency Over Abacha Loot Post on Twitter (Snapshot) / Tension In Military As Buhari Demands Records Of Weapons Procurement / [picture] Buhari And GEJ Dress Up In Military Attire To Salute Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by chidibond(m): 11:59am On Jan 31, 2013
lacasa: i just pity the ig*os if 1966 shld play again

Theyy beta warn GEJ n his Army dog

This time arnd there wnt be reconciliation nor rehabilitation coS the way the ig*os r alienating themselves this days,. Hммм°! It will be Total Annihilation of them

please shut up if u cannot make a valid point. Who will u annihilate? Can u even load a gun? MODs take note there's a killer on this thread.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2013
The only institute that unites Nigerians is the military. The day that ethnicity gets into the military is the begining of Nigeria disintegration. Disintegrate the military and Nigeria will break easily.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
owenlala: dat is a gud one for d igbos.u people be like say una don wake up frm sleep.d dominant of d hausa,fulani,yuroba,tiv,igala,idoma etc in d military n police has to come to an end.pls ihejirika should try and build army training schools and barracks in igboland.we need to face them bomber to bomber.do me i do u no be sin.if them don tire,make dem resign frm d military.if dem like make dem plan mutiny.u no go die for protecting ur people.u are a real son of ur father.igbo we ndi oma.igbo ofu obi oooooo.

Keep shut!

....stop inflaming tempers here!
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Iykopee(m): 12:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
when humans begin to think less of human status as accorded by our creator, they become animals.......this is a fact, there was a period u can't find the least general in the nigerian army of igbo extraction...why? Did igbo people complained about it? even if they did, were dey heard? I expected those dat decried d recent development in d army postings and promotions to keep quiet coz it started from dem...what is good for d goose is good for d gander....its our turn to rule, simple.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by kaeto(m): 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2013
Trouble Maker: I hope Ihejirika doesn't end up like his sister who was Immigration Boss!!

Dissension within the ranks and file of the armed forces is a very dangerous thing!!!
No, I think Ihejirika will earn up praises like his sister,the aviation boss, who has brought enviable sanity and sanctity in the aviation industry as we never, as a country did, since the amalgamation by some Flora shit in 1914...

2 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2013
ABAKA72: @eGuerrilla, are these 3 or 4 millitary formations the only units in the Nigerian army. If those mischief maker want to be taken serious let them publish the result of promotions in other millitry formations scattered all over the fedration to enable us carryout a comparative analysis, otherwise this will only be seen as a malicious attempt to discradit the COAS.

This is precisely the sort of question that can serve as a litmus test for the FOI act.

Like you, I also believe that we might have been given a rather skewed representation, by disgruntled elements with an axe to grind.
But what if the contrary is true?

In my opinion, it is rather unfortunate that Nigerians are still unduly exercised with matters of this sort in 2013.
The adoption of an open government policy, which provides citizens access to non-sensitive data, is long overdue as the article provided by ireports clearly shows.

Open government is the governing doctrine which holds that citizens have the right to access the documents and proceedings of the government to allow for effective public oversight.[1] In its broadest construction it opposes reason of state and other considerations, which have tended to legitimize extensive state secrecy. The origins of open government arguments can be dated to the time of the European Enlightenment: to debates about the proper construction of a then nascent democratic society.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_government
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by DeCleff(m): 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2013

This time arnd there wnt be reconciliation nor rehabilitation coS the way the ig*os r alienating themselves this days,. Hммм°! It will be Total Annihilation of them

If the current Army Chief brings a policy that is targeted at reducing ilitracy in the army by recruiting only those are litrates, what's wrong in it?

Its time we speak the truths and stop deceiving ourselves.

How will Nigeria grow when u recruit ilitrates who knew nothing but COME & GO in the army?

The northerners should go to school and quality education before joining the army

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 31, 2013
executinal:
I am not insinuating anything, rather allow the person in position to do his job and not crying fowl at any slitted change in administration. Promotion is based on merit and not how long you have been in the service.

I was one time promoted to position of Assistant manager in my formal office within 8 months of service with the company and people were like what type of connection does this guy have to warrant this position within this short period of service? while there are people that have put in up-to 5 years with various recommendation and awards but never got the promotion.

So Nigeria tribalism have really made us not to see things the way they should be. Promotion should be giving based on merit and not years of service put in.

Simply showboating..
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by ABAKA72(m): 12:08pm On Jan 31, 2013
For now Ihejirika remains the chief of Army staff of the Nigerian army, so untill he is removed, anybody who can not live with that fact knows what to do with the NEPA transformer nearest to him.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by miiraaj: 12:09pm On Jan 31, 2013
This is what happens when an Igbo man gets power, just like the Immigration Madam. Reminds me of Gen Ironsi. Let's just hope 1966 doesn't repeat itself.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
Absolute
rubbish. This must be the handwork of Boko Haram members and loyalists
in and around the military. When they were everywhere commanding, nobody
talked and now someone is doing something right and they are crying.
Nothing will happen. Pls, Oga Ihejirika, carry go.

2 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by aryzgreat: 12:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
I have said it before and will say it again that there is a deliberate effort to stop or pull down igbos since after the way and this campaign is headed by no other tribe than yorubas and hausas!

The Writer of this gibberish should start from giving us ALL(NOT SOME DEPTS DAT IGBOS GOT PROMOTED) the departments in d Army, the number of staff and their tribe(since he want to use tribe to get attention), then the statistics of all tribes promoted so we can all see how Ihejirika commited a crime here

Secondly y is it that of all the listed departments igbos are all on lower rank and top ranks were headed by hausa and yoruba? Does this not show how igbos have been supressed prior to Ihejirika emergence? why was there no aalarm raised when d igbos were marginalised?

Why has there been recent outcry by yorubas especially about igbos in top govt position? Can the same set of crybabies also check NPA, NNPC,NAVY, CUSTOM, NIMASA etc were yoruba and hausas has turned to their town union and lingua franca in those establishment are hausa and yoruba? Am begining to think this people have hidden agenda to either petition out any igbo in top rank or supress them, why is there outcry only when yorubas seem to be loosing grip?
they cried wolf at Aviation, Immigration, Now Aermy and even super eagles undecided This is really bad. Live and let leave. Let us go u say no, allow us survive in nigeria u say no! Dem swear for una?

9 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 31, 2013
kaorama: Absolute rubbish. This must be the handwork of Boko Haram members and loyalists in and around the military. When they were everywhere commanding, nobody talked ands now someone is doing something wright and they are crying. Nothing will happen. Pls, Oga Ihejirika, carry go.

..something really wright indeed.. grin
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
Trojavirus: The
only institute that unites Nigerians is the military. The day that
ethnicity gets into the military is the begining of Nigeria
disintegration. Disintegrate the military and Nigeria will break easily.

Why are u talking like a JJC? Ethnicity has been in the Nigerian Army. When IBB, Abacha and Abacha were military Heads of States, how many Igbos were State Administrators? One or two at a time with their brothers flooding everywhere. Go and check.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by kaeto(m): 12:14pm On Jan 31, 2013

Don't do the slow thinking bro. The times are changed, the international comunity, the US,UK and on and on, are through with the experiment by a kindergatin Flora sh.it. Guess what the result is, 100 years of failed yield, this contraption is on the blink of splitting. And lest I forget, I still have your(facts of the US trying to split nigeria) and the world will never come to your aid again, not even by diplomatic assistance nor direct aid. So, fathom your war and bring it on, the Igbos are waiting for you...

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Iykopee(m): 12:20pm On Jan 31, 2013
miiraaj: This is what happens when you put an Igbo man gets power, just like the Immigration Madam. Reminds me of Gen Ironsi. Let's just hope 1966 doesn't repeat itself.

This is 2013, so, stop dreaming coz changes have been made and lotta guys aint smiling with d negros up north...u can't have a cakewalk this period if we go back to war..beta dont remind us of 1966.

2 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by talktimi(m): 12:20pm On Jan 31, 2013
I once met an elderly ex soldier in ph who fought in the Biafran war, he told me of all the military courses he took and how he excelled in all of them in different parts of the world but he retired as a SERGEANT from the army with soldiers who he trained promoted over and above him all because he wasn't a northerner. This culture of nepotism has been going on for a very looooooong time in the military as well as the civil service and frankly speaking I think Nigeria is too far gone to correct it because the next man who goes in if Ifejirika leaves the position WILL STILL do the same thing, its just a fact of the Nigerian life eg the top 13 positions in the NNPC were held by Northerners until the present minister of petroleum came on board then the Northern elite started screaming blue murder.
Quote me if I'm wrong but any person in Nigeria who goes into a position of authority WILL favor people from his TRIBE.

2 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by ichidodo: 12:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
aryzgreat: I have said it before and will say it again that there is a deliberate effort to stop or pull down igbos since after the way and this campaign is headed by no other tribe than yorubas and hausas!

The Writer of this gibberish should start from giving us ALL(NOT SOME DEPTS DAT IGBOS GOT PROMOTED) the departments in d Army, the number of staff and their tribe(since he want to use tribe to get attention), then the statistics of all tribes promoted so we can all see how Ihejirika commited a crime here

Secondly y is it that of all the listed departments igbos are all on lower rank and top ranks were headed by hausa and yoruba? Does this not show how igbos have been supressed prior to Ihejirika emergence? why was there no aalarm raised when d igbos were marginalised?

Why has there been recent outcry by yorubas especially about igbos in top govt position? Can the same set of crybabies also check NPA, NNPC,NAVY, CUSTOM, NIMASA etc were yoruba and hausas has turned to their town union and lingua franca in those establishment are hausa and yoruba? Am begining to think this people have hidden agenda to either petition out any igbo in top rank or supress them, why is there outcry only when yorubas seem to be loosing grip?
they cried wolf at Aviation, Immigration, Now Aermy and even super eagles undecided This is really bad. Live and let leave. Let us go u say no, allow us survive in nigeria u say no! Dem swear for una?

my brother, i am lost for words.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
aryzgreat: I have said it before and will say it again that there is a deliberate effort to stop or pull down igbos since after the way and this campaign is headed by no other tribe than yorubas and hausas!

You rubbished what would have supposedly be an ordinary beautiful comment with your insults towards the last part.

This is 2013...quit bigotry. The post so far have been civil with little hidden comments..don't turn it upside down. We have people that can easily turn this thread into a jungle of hidden comments.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by surecan: 12:22pm On Jan 31, 2013
Demdem:

Haba shocked shocked This man seems to be foolish in my opinion. even if u intend favouring ur tribe, at least apply wisdom

you have just accepted faceless write up
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by executinal(m): 12:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
Nigeria and tribal mentality. Lets analyse this now.
GEJ President
Sambo Vice President
David Mark Senate President
Ayim Sect. of the State
House of Rep. Tambuwal

IG Dominated by Houasa and Youruba

Allow IGBO to enjoy their turn joor, if you no like am WET TRANFORMER
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by omayyi: 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
This is so reminiscent of the events of the 60s...the actions of their officers, the gloating of their ordinary citizens, just the 60s all over again. Only this time, it's gonna get more bloody if something isn't done on time.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
there is silent slavery in Nigeria. some particular ethnic group in core north and their willing tools in the middle-belt have been dominating virtually over 85% of the Nigerian Armed Forces, for Four(4) solid decades(40 years) shocked shocked shocked shocked there has not been any complain.its a known fact that if you cannot speak some certain languages, everywhere you turn you will be grossly rejected. some certain languages together with their ethnic owners dominate the entire Govt/Civil service and most, if not all multi-national establishments. these people beleive all other regions are slaves and also beleive suffering run in their vein/ families. so why are they complaining now. this is how they chase immigration woman out! one day is one day their cup will be filled, and every hidden thing will be revealled.

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Omen100(m): 12:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
Interesting, its only matter of time before things will change to normal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan / Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc / I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.