Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,085 members, 7,939,389 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 02:12 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (462124 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by seedgie(m): 5:53am On May 06, 2011
all the gurus in the house, pls i need your help, i ve been trying to get admission wth my 2.2 in geology since jan this yr but i ve only applied to mun and my status reads application complete. mun can b funy at times, pls can smbody in the house help me out wth a uni or sch dat accept 2.2 in earth science/ petroleum engineering or any oil and gas related field cos time is runing out to get decision from mun since we need to apply for visa 3month b4 fall. pls i need u prompt respons even if is pgd. thank
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 8:27pm On May 07, 2011
Hello house, pleasee this is Urgent,

I just got information that i have been accepted to memorial for my masters, the information came in from my department, and they said soon SGS, would send out my offer letter, i intend using a private deleivery service probably DHL or fedex, would probably pay online for their home service, then it will be picked up in memorial and sent down here to avoid delays of their mailing service at regular speed in order to meet up for my study permit application, still making arrangements on that offcourse has School of graduate studies has to approve of that. please i need a full list of docments required for study permit pasted here please. The website isn't doing much help so please paste list here, and please can still apply by first week of june? Will my application still be processed before september or would it be late?

Please i need answers from everybody please!
Hope to heear from you soon.
Fanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 10:02pm On May 07, 2011
please all,

do i need to staple my passport photograph to my application form or where can i keep them

to eky,

first week of june is ok if it is up to 3 months before the start date, and for the doc,just check the website and read the forum, or better still send your email
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 10:10pm On May 07, 2011
@ cindel 07,

Thanks a lot my email is ekeneifeobu@yahoo.com. Please send a list of required documents to my emaill. Thanks a lot, appreciate.
Re: Travelling To Canada by webstradamus: 10:48pm On May 07, 2011
eky102:

Hello house, pleasee this is Urgent,

I just got information that i have been accepted to memorial for my masters, the information came in from my department, and they said soon SGS, would send out my offer letter, i intend using a private deleivery service probably DHL or fedex, would probably pay online for their home service, then it will be picked up in memorial and sent down here to avoid delays of their mailing service at regular speed in order to meet up for my study permit application, still making arrangements on that offcourse has School of graduate studies has to approve of that. please i need a full list of docments required for study permit pasted here please. The website isn't doing much help so please paste list here, and please can still apply by first week of june? Will my application still be processed before september or would it be late?

Please i need answers from everybody please!
Hope to heear from you soon.
Fanks

Congrats man , am glad u made it in finally!!! What program were u accepted in? Did u any get funding?
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 10:57pm On May 08, 2011
@ house,

Me i am confused, i don't think i can fill tha visa application myself, and everybody is saying maple? Please i need help from people would have succesfully goten their study permit, how did you do this please? Did you use an ageent? Or. You filled it yourrself? I need to submit my application by ending of this month, i already got admission, i just need help in filling the form and knowing what necessary document to. Submit!

Hope to hear from y'all
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 10:58pm On May 08, 2011
@ house,

Me i am confused, i don't think i can fill tha visa application myself, and everybody is saying maple? Please i need help from people would have succesfully goten their study permit, how did you do this please? Did you use an ageent? Or. You filled it yourrself? I need to submit my application by ending of this month, i already got admission, i just need help in filling the form and knowing what necessary document to. Submit!

Hope to hear from y'all
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 12:11am On May 09, 2011
eky102:

@ house,

Hope to hear from y'all
Thanks

@ eky 102

Are u asking this question for real?

The answer is simple, go through the thread. Peeps have pasted visa application requirements like a million times on this thread. Even recently we September hopefuls have addressed requirements issue. As for all the people that got visa on this thread, most of them did it on their own so using Marple is entirely your decision. Although people have sang praises about Marple, they are actually good but definately not cheap.

Go through the thread, a lot of useful info right here! If after u go through the thread (even if its 10 pages) and you dont get the requirements then you can ask for help again.

And please rephrase your first sentence, what do you mean by you cant fill the visa application yourself. There are just 3 forms, easy and straight forward . Download them on the cic website and see if you cant fill them yourself, then call me although my hand writting is bad sha, Lolz. Dont mind me!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 12:13am On May 09, 2011
@ eky 102

Congrats on memorial. Its not easy to have been selected after all the delay and refusals. Channel that same victory to filling your forms yourself. lolz
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 12:27am On May 09, 2011
@ cuddlemii,

Not like i can't fill the application form myself, i just need guidelines, for instance is the application form supposed to be filled online or handwrittern? And is the form for temporary Residence permit included? I can only get this informations from experience.
Could you be kind enuf to email me a detailed list of required documents and a direct link to the application forms required so i can have hands on deck, suppose to submit by month end.
My emaill add is  ekeneifeobu@yahoo.com
Thanks alot
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 9:20am On May 09, 2011
See me see trouble oooO, maple is asking for my whole tuition fee oooO, first you pay 120k, then they process and submit your application, then when you are called for medical you pay another 2000$, yes 2000$. That's my tuition already @ memorial. I can't use them. Please housee give me guidelines on filling the application form and writing a good statement of purpose (SOP).

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 12:04pm On May 09, 2011
@ all, most of the questions that people keep posting have already been answered on this thread, take your time read through and you'll find the answers to your questions. And by the way, you can never go wrong if you follow the instructions step by step.

eky102 read the instructions and don't get yourself overwhelmed! Here is a link to the instruction guide for submitting your application, and by the way, it's been posted on this thread over and over again - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5269E.PDF

And for those still talkng about 2.2 GPA admission, it's a stretch! The minimum required GPA for admission into graduate programs in Canada is an average of B, however, being a graduate program, each applicant is assessed individually and what applies to one person MAY NOT necessarily apply to another. Is it possible to get into a graduate program with a 2.2? Well, it is quite possible but there's got to be a reason behind this, which unfortunately those who had been successful getting in with a 2.2 will not explain to you. So, you need to remember that a GPA of 2.2 for graduate admission to any school in Canada (not just Memorial) is an exception not the norm.

By the way, happy mother's day to all the mom's and mother to be in the house, and happy mother's day to a very special friend - thank you for your love and care!
Re: Travelling To Canada by DisGuy: 2:37pm On May 09, 2011
Re: Travelling To Canada by tosinosho1992: 2:58pm On May 09, 2011
@ eky102,

Congrats on your admission to Memorial. While you await the original copy of your student letter, you could call the SGS to have a scanned copy e-mailed to you immediately. This would give you a general idea of your terms of admission and funding package if any, and allow you enough information to start gathering documents for your visa application. Mostly likely you would be awarded funding, if the funding is enough to cover your tuition and living expenses, then you don't need to pay any tuition in advance. All you need do is to quickly fill an accept/decline form, and upon registration when you arrive at MUN, you would be given an option for tuition fee payroll deduction. If the funding is enough, you honestly do not need to much financial solvency documentation for your visa. If the funding is from your supervisor's grant, he can even send you a supporting letter.

Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 4:06pm On May 09, 2011
@ tosinosho,

Thanks a lot i will just call SGS rigth away to send scanned copies so i can go ahead with filling the application. I intent filling the application tomorro ( hand written not on the computer) is that advisable? And i will be using my statement of result from univeersity as my certificate will not be ready before the ending of the month, due to various clearances. Hope the statement can surfix, besides my institutiinal transcript always comes with confrimation of degree. Also my sponsor is not my parents but a family freind. Hope that can surfix too?
Re: Travelling To Canada by tosinosho1992: 4:33pm On May 09, 2011
eky102,

That's a good choice. Just to clarify something, the scanned copy is just to gather your documents, only the original should be used to make your application. The statement of result is a confirmation of your grade, and it's issued in lieu of your certificate, and only valid for a duration of time. If the statement of result is still valid, then no problem. If your admission comes with good funding, using your family friend as sponsor is no big deal at all. All he needs to do is to include his financial documentations, with a letter reiterating that he understands you have funding enough to cover your expenses, but he feels financially obligated to your studies, and would be providing any funds you'ld be needing to be successful in your studies.  Please pay attention to the wordings of your funding offer, it must be guaranteed for the first year, and renewable for subsequent year(s). The first year funding must not be contingent upon any condition. If that, then fine.

On the section of funding on the application form, if you're receiving full funding, then the University should be your source of funding. Filling the application online or with pen does not really matter. Make sure you use a legible hand-writting and a black pen.

bonne chance!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 5:30pm On May 09, 2011
@all

My office only gave me sponsorship letter and Notary Sworn Affidavit of Support signed by the Chairman and scrapped the study leave letter. They said the two docs are contradicting eachother. Thats its either your company is sponsoring you and you are coming back to work for them obviously OR you are going on study leave on your own without the support of the company. No board resolution as well.

I trust God to do his will.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 10:13pm On May 09, 2011
guys be careful about your forms so that you do not waste your courier envelope. my application was returned unprocessed coz i used d family information form on d canadian website for nigeria. dey said it was outdated
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 11:10pm On May 09, 2011
@ chizquare,
Reallly? So how do we get the updated version of the family composition form? Was just about filling tha too?
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 1:18am On May 10, 2011
@eky 102,

i think i understand what chyzquare is talking about, if you check the family composition in the nigerian website and the one in canadian website, it is really different and if you go through the instruction guidelines you will find out that the instructions on how to fill the forms were given for the family composition on the canadian website, as for the application form, i would advice you to fill it online cos you will avoid little mistake that you could have overlooked  and you wil not bother about the bad handwritingor you can download it fill it on your system and if you still want to use your handwriting, you can still copy all you have filled online or downloaded but dont forget to sign and date it.read through the instruction guidelines,there are places in the form that they will ask you if you be thief and bla bla bla and if na true, you must fill the temporary resident form. well i will be coming down to lagos to submit my doc and do my police certificate so inbox me your number,i can put you through.soulzangel@hotmail.com

@chyzquare,

please educate us on the family composition form to fill, if it is the one on canadian website or nigerian website

@cudisomii,

i hope the chairman is a nortary public that is the person who signed your nortorized sworn affidavict if not rush sharp sharp to the court and look for one who will sign and put that beautiful red stamp on the document, and see how you go whine dem concerning your board resolution

@all,

i have a friend whose documents were returned unprocessed cos of the family composition form and that he got his bank draft in port harcourt so please do they have one specific branch of the bank that do the bank draft.please let the house know.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 1:23am On May 10, 2011
@eky 101

soulzangel@hotmail.com

@the house, she was asked to do the bank draft in lagos
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 1:37am On May 10, 2011
@ chyquare and please all in da house,

do i need to staple my passport photograph to my application form or just keep it in my sealed documents

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 2:09am On May 10, 2011
@ cuddisomemill

abeg no vex, your chairman go sign but it must be in the presence of the nortary public, so that is where the lovely red stamp comes in, and just gather the documents tthat you can get cos Na God get the final say, JUST BELIEVE GOD
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 6:41am On May 10, 2011
@ cindel 07,

Just send you an email, besides, it wasn't stated anywhere, that we should staple the passport to the form ,i guess just puting in the sealed envelope is perfect, once received the immigration officer attached to your file, will first inspect all contents in the file thoroughly, of its complete and appropraite, then a file is created for you on their system.

Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 8:37am On May 10, 2011
@cindel f

Yeah there is a notary public red stamp thingy that my Chairman signed yesterday stating that the company is sponsoring me and that if at the any point financial situation changes, my studies should be terminated and I should be sent back.

He also signed my Sponsorship Letter and claimed that the company is sponsoring me up to the tune of $27,000 CAD. Hope this amount is enough to cover everything as my tuition fee is $12,000 CAD.

Do I still need to submit pay slips? If yes, how many months pay slip? Is my own statement of account necessary as I dont have any money in it and I am not sponsoring myself.

How far with yours?
Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 12:28pm On May 10, 2011
@cuddlemii,
yes u still have to submit payslips for confirmation of the monthly income u receive as stated in the application form.

@ eky102,
congrats on your admission to memorial , that surely will make ur application easy because of the funding attached to it. i wish u the best

@ all,
i am still waiting for my sponsor to print out his statement of account so that i can submit my application.
Note :A friend of mind got his application return 1 week after submission, he was told to write names of family members in full as against using initials in the family composition form
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 2:05pm On May 10, 2011
@ obitrex,
Thanks a lot, already in process of gathering necessary documents

@all,
Actually i intent using just my Neco certificate and not waec, because i had a low grade in waec English and a high one in NECO, and besides i had more distinctions in NECO than Waec, so i intend using just NECO, hope this is advisable?
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 4:02pm On May 10, 2011
@cuddisome,

abeg make i ask question

who be your sponsor,na the chairman or the company

@eky,

i got the mail

talk later

@chysquare

how far with the updated family composition form, abeg put us through
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 5:26pm On May 10, 2011
fill the family information form on the general Canadian site not the Nigerian site IMM5645
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 5:37pm On May 10, 2011
cindle107

i put my photographs inside my passport but when dey returned my unprocessed application dey had stapled it to d lower left border of d 1st page of my form. just put it where dey will c it else dey might declare it absent.

am a bit disappointed about services at the CDHC. now i appreciate VAC for uk visas. those guys r d bomb jo

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.