Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,132 members, 7,973,809 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 07:33 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (464156 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2011
@ Rockefela

Congratulations U of R is a good institution, if your admission letter is for fall 2011, i guess you better start making moves to defer till winter and get a new start date soonest, if otherwise its for winter 2012 then you should start gathering all necessary documentations and prepare to submit by august or september.
Re: Travelling To Canada by rockafela(m): 7:29pm On Jun 26, 2011
@eky thank u very much am for Winter 2012 dats january 5th class resumption date, i have started gathering d documents, goodluck to me
Re: Travelling To Canada by mchuxx(m): 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2011
@cuddlemii and other SAIT hopefuls lets talk off forum . 08060434547
Re: Travelling To Canada by rockafela(m): 8:12pm On Jun 26, 2011
house i have a challege, i have been given admission, the School do not require TOEFL but i learnt its still necessary that it will be needed at the embassy. do i really need it>?
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 8:49pm On Jun 26, 2011
longecity:

@ALL
I did my medicals on thursday and it went thus:
1. 15mins conversation with the doctor about my medical history
2. Blood,urine and eye test.
3. Blood pressure was measured and i was told to remove my cloth and trouser,remaining boxers for the doctor to feel my body if there is any pain at all.
4. Then i was given another form to go to one hospital in oshodi for digital xray.dats all
I paid additional 3k making 30k altogether.i met a guy and a lady for same purpose but dey said na maple den use.dey said they have spent much money ooo but i told them dat i package it myself with God on my side.d doctor told me dat as far as student is concern now,dey will not waste time again in giving d report.i pray that i will never have any crisis,complication or mixed up in my report for Jesus has given me power and authority over sickness and unclean spirit,scorpions and serpent and my adversaries (medical practioner,consular and VO) and nothing shall by any means hurt me.i decree that we re going to have more medicals invitee's soonest and at the end of everything our study permit visa will be granted in the mighty name of JESUS CHRIST of NAZARETH. AMEN

@longe, i submitted my application back in May through Maple and am still waiting for medical instructions, i want to know if you paid any tuition fee or accommodation before getting the medical instruction or after going for the medical?
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 10:52pm On Jun 26, 2011
@Rockafela,

Tofel is in no way mandatory for processing your study permit from Nigeria, as far as your institution was not in demand of it, you are covered. The only relevance of these standardized test (tofel and GRE) is that it confirms you a bonifide student, and puts you in the edge. But its in no way mandatory to submit scores from these test. Even if one puts these test results and lag's behind in other documentations, still won't work out. So my advice is first get all necessary mandatory documentations, then if you have extra cash and time, you can sit for the exam.
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 10:59pm On Jun 26, 2011
@mchuxx,

Just a word of advice, don't be puting your too personal details here, information posted here are exposed to the world, i know we all in these forum have common goal, but there are still bad eggs out there. I suggest you open a public email addresse for such purpose and paste here, i guess cuddlemii and others can always reach you on that and afterwards you can give them your number,

There are a lot of hungry cheap scammers out there.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 9:18am On Jun 27, 2011
@ all
about 8 weeks now. still hoping and praying. i remember the case of Aydawale and Igbologo who posted comments on this forum around this time 2008.
igbologo was denied after 10weeks of waiting with d regular stupid reasons(he went to study in Scotland eventually). aydewale got his visa around d same time.

am full of anxiety coz i have given this my best shot. july is the month dat most of the decision for fall semester is made. lets c what this new month have for us.

and guys please continue giving us updates on ur status.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 9:52am On Jun 27, 2011
@chizsquare
Are u sure July is the month they take decision on fall session? Mine is d 14th Week dis week.I hope they decide soon because d waiting is slowing down my plans on other options.
Re: Travelling To Canada by rockafela(m): 10:42am On Jun 27, 2011
@Eky thanx alot, i ill do just dat
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 11:27am On Jun 27, 2011
@chizquare

The VO always has the start date of each application in mind, don't compare your appllications with others that were called for medicals in 4 weeks, it migth be a small verification that is delaying your application. applications differ so do Visa Officers, you still have about 2 months cus i believe your start date is september, if you called up for medicals, within 3-4 weeks your visa should be out. So just believe. All is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada by omosanyaolak(m): 11:40am On Jun 27, 2011
@chizsquare,lets keep praying and hoping,mine is in it 8th wk now, like eky102 sed, it may be sm verification dat is stil goin on.@eky102,thanks 4 sharing your wondafl xperience on here. U'r vry right.@bashtee,i tink u sud contact d embassy, on saturday d embassy replied my mail: saying they process study permit in 3 months and enquiries wl be responded to afta 3 months. Base on dis and d fact dat urs is ova 12wks,abeg make enquiry.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2011
@omosanyaolak
I ve contacted them via email,when I didn't get respond from them I realised that I did not include my email in the application form that I filled.am just keeping my fingers crossed hoping that a favourable decision will be made soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada by omosanyaolak(m): 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2011
@bashtee,why not visit the embassy? Maybe in the next 2 weeks.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 2:28pm On Jun 27, 2011
@eky
my start date is August 16 not September.(lectures starts on 18th).
if i dont hear from them till d end of the 12 weeks(July 28, note dat medicals take 2-4weeks) i can as well say bye bye to fall this year coz my program does not have multiple start dates like others.

@bashtee
i fill ur pain. thats well over 3months

any way i have to go to the embassy next week coz i need to retrieve my medical practitioners license and registration certificates for some very important stuff. dont want to risk loosing all my chances of good stuff this yr coz CDHC needs a quarter of a year to give or deny u a study permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2011
@omosanyaolak
I live in Abuja, let me wait till Mid July before I visit them,tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada by learn(f): 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2011
Hello please i just added u on bbb, my user name ends with go pls accept
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 10:10pm On Jun 27, 2011
@bashtee,omosanyaolak and all other experienced Nairalanders,
I received a letter from CDHC today,to come for an interview on 4th July. Pls. I need tips and advice from experienced nairalanders. I pray that all of us still waiting will receive positive response(Insha Allah). Please,I need ur advice and tips. Thanks.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 11:10pm On Jun 27, 2011
@newacca
that is good news, a positive step ahead, the watch word is confidence and dont you eve eva allow them to intimidate you, just be bold and just remember all that you have stated while applying, your study permit questionnaire,research more about the school,the course and go through your statement of purpose again so that you dont say anything out of the point that you have made there, and dont forget to PRAY FOR GOD'S FAVOUR AND HIS PRESENCE as we all pray for you, SUCCESS all is well, SEE YOU IN CANADA
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 11:12pm On Jun 27, 2011
@newacca,

were u asked to bring any other document while coming
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 11:21pm On Jun 27, 2011
@ newacca

Guess you they guy going to study ACCA, if am rigth, i guess you should do a lot of research on the importance of studying ACCA in canada, cus that would be a reasonable amount of space. I am really glad for you, you really did upgrade your profile well enuf, that's why they are inviting you, like cindel said, be confident and do not doubt any section of your initial application during the interview. And please research a good reason for studying ACCA in canada, just go onlin you should get goo resources. I think you would be good to go.

Go knock them out.
Re: Travelling To Canada by kwuseke: 3:08am On Jun 28, 2011
@chqsquare and batshee, u guys shldnt lose hpe pls, God is able to see us tru. Nothing is impossible wit him,
Mine is barely 3weeks plus, am vry positive and hpeful it wld be successful.
Cheer up guys its all well.
Re: Travelling To Canada by henrywest(m): 3:11am On Jun 28, 2011
@ kwuseke. How can we have a private chat? Pls
Re: Travelling To Canada by omosanyaolak(m): 6:04am On Jun 28, 2011
@newacca,this is a good step towards ur success.pls dnt be afraid jst follow wat cindel07 and eky102 said, plus during d interview feel relax,smile and look into VO eyes(constant eyes contact) to show ur confidence. God bless u.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 7:03am On Jun 28, 2011
@newcca
I wish you God's guidance as you go for your interview.Remember all what you stated in your statement of purpose n the form you filled.Insha Allah you will surely scale through.can we talk on phone
Re: Travelling To Canada by kwuseke: 11:10am On Jun 28, 2011
@newcca, gudluck,the house has spoken well. And hve givn u d best possible advice u can get.
@henrywest, u cld still send me ur cntact details on the forum,simply use the mail optn therein.
cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by henrywest(m): 2:30pm On Jun 28, 2011
@ kwuseke. Email me on md_veteran@yahoo.com. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2011
@newacca, congratulations o!ur case interest the VO so u sure have so questions to answer.but pls have ans to this questions below,
Q.Why did you choose you course of study or why did you decide to study this course?
Q.Why did you choose the specific university for your course of study?
when answering questions, please do not answer as you have lectured to give ready-made answers. Even though you already know answers to most questions, you must try as much as possible to answer as if you hearing the questions for the first time,

@kwuseke, urs is in the 3rd week, when is ur program starting.
Re: Travelling To Canada by kwuseke: 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2011
@obetrix, My prgm is scheduled to cmmence on d 6th sept, but trust me if i dnt hear frm dem afta d 4wks i will certainly email dem,wld want to leave anything to chances.
@henrywest, jot mailed u my contacts,we communicate beta of tru dat,
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by SUJYDEE(m): 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2011
@newacca, Alhamdulilah ( praise be to God ), i am happy for u bruv. may the good Lord guide u aright and give u the confidence of Adam before the Angels.
nothing much, all they want to find out is that they want to know why do u want to go and spend such a huge amount to earn a certificate u can buy in Nigeria with a fraction of that amount. its well ( insha Allah )
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2011
@Cindel07
Thx so much for the tips,word of encouragement and advice. I will try all my level best to get the visa and dedicate it to all you guyz here. No,I wasnt requested to bring any other dox. except the notice of interview slip and a pre-paid courier envelope. Thx. may God bless you.
ciao

@eky102,
Thx so much. I will do just as suggested by the cindel and all other members of the house. May God bless you.
ciao

@omosanyaolak,
thx for the advice,I will put all the advice into writing. Thx so much.
ciao

@bashtee,
thx so much for all you have suggested. I pray you will also get response soon,and a positive response(Insha Allah)

@obietrex,
thx for the pre-interview questions. here is the response to the questions:
1) There is necessity for me to expand my business and also to contribute more the the development of my father's company. definitely,I need broad knowledge especially in the area of financial management,financial strategies and managerial operation,and ACCA will give me the opportunity to acquire the skills and knowledge needed for me to achieve my aim. Also,getting ACCA certification will add to my prestige in the society,because it is a globally recognized certification.
2) I chose to study at stouffville college because of the qualitative eduation system in the college. Tuition comes with work project,intense research and loads of assignment. Furthermore,the college is an international student friendly citadel where I can meet my counterparts from across the world to share and learn from eachothers culture and tradition.

@kweseke,
Thx a lot brov.

@sujydee,
shukuralillah! Thanx so much brov. I wish you positive response from CDHC as you await your good news. I also want to thank u for the encouragement. I gotta go for it. I will get the visa(insha Allah) and dedicate it to you guyz in this house. thx.
ciao

@ All,
has anyone been called for interview? pls. keep me updated of the latest development and news in the house. Thx. and God bless. We shall all get there(Insha Allah)
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by vkings: 9:54am On Jun 29, 2011
Hello Everyone,

Nice to be a part of this thread.

Please, I want to start making arrangements towards studying in canada. My area of interest will be either in the Business or Management courses.

I will greatly appreciate if anyone here can advise me on what to do.

1) Is it through that it is difficult to do an on-campus programme for this area of specialization in canada i.e. what are the chances of getting a visa?

2) From your experience, which canadian schools are the cheapest in Business and Management courses?

3) Please, I 'll also like to know the entire steps to take from online application to visa issue.

You guys are really knitted together here and I hope I'll be accepted in here.

Wish everyone the best of luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.