Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,132 members, 7,973,809 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 07:33 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (464156 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 7:19pm On Jul 03, 2011
@newacca
Inshallah,your visa is guaranteed.remember all the clues given to you in this thread previous and also relax urself and be prayerful.Pls keep us posted after ur interview. Intend to go the CDHC this week.Gudluck
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2011
newacca:

@House,
Tomorrow is the D-day. I will be going for interview at CDHC tomorrow(Insha Allah). Please remember me in prayer. cool

I pray for God's favor,and for we waiting to be called for medical we shall all get called!let us know how it goes!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 04, 2011
collinsfbi:

@shavel,
I am sorry I don't give out my email like dat, if you can give me your number or your email ID then I will text it to u or you let us do it in form of questions and answers so dat others can learn. Or you visit www.mun.ca for comprehensive student info.
thanks for the response, there are some infos that are personal and are not meant to be posted on public forums like this, so here is my addy, shevy4real4u so we can do some private chats. Thanks in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 5:16am On Jul 04, 2011
@newacca

success and Gods favour
Re: Travelling To Canada by collinsfbi(m): 6:46am On Jul 04, 2011
@sheval,
I think shevy4real4u@yahoo.com is your real mail because u never indicate any extension, if that is the case then check your box you hv my e-mail ID already.
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 9:41am On Jul 04, 2011
@newacca,
All the Best.

@ vkings,
Sorry this is coming late An Msc in oil and Gas eengineering in Uk is really a Blow, am still wondering why you want to change career path,becasue your present one is very good, anyway its your pick rigth, my best advice is applying for MBA in memorial, that puts you on the edge and makes your SOP less difficult they have an MBA program in oil and gas engineering also(a lot of cash though), this is the best route i can think of now because an MBA program is not limited to any profession . In the line of CDHC anything is possible,trust me, i have seen people that you won't believe had a chance get their Visa, guess that's where God sets in. You can start application to memorial now. You can drop your email so we talk better.
Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2011
@ newacca
pls when did u submit your application to d cdhc? want to know if mine falls within the period of the 30 working days. i submited mine on the 13th of May. and how did they contact you for interview via phone, email or courier? pls i'll appreciate your prompt response. cheers! i wish u d best in ur interview
Re: Travelling To Canada by vkings: 5:37pm On Jul 04, 2011
eky102:

@ vkings,
Sorry this is coming late An Msc in oil and Gas eengineering in Uk is really a Blow, am still wondering why you want to change career path,becasue your present one is very good, anyway its your pick rigth, my best advice is applying for MBA in memorial, that puts you on the edge and makes your SOP less difficult they have an MBA program in oil and gas engineering also(a lot of cash though), this is the best route i can think of now because an MBA program is not limited to any profession . In the line of CDHC anything is possible,trust me, i have seen people that you won't believe had a chance get their Visa, guess that's where God sets in. You can start application to memorial now. You can drop your email so we talk better.
Cheers!

@eky102,
Thanks for the response but do you mean someone who had a good chance was denied? on what basis?
For MBA just like Engineering Management, I noticed they usually give admission to those who have considerable work experience and don't think I'll want to risk that for the only application I'll be sending to CDHC.

I'm still pressing on the PhD positions though. Again, do you think I should just throw start the PhD application while still waiting for the Professor to respond?

My addy is volanderking@yahoo.com.
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2011
@all

All your comments, personal jabs, angered banter etc has not only been immensely helpful but also heart warmingly funny (I reckon 4 those waiting 4 CDHC medical call up, jokes would also be helpful). I have no jokes sha, just my own case and questions 4 general answer.

I submitted on the 7th of june 4 resumption on the 7th of sept. I submitted my weac and neco, IB Diploma results (A/level equevallent which I studied in england), proof dat I attended uni even though I droped out (which was also abroad and because of language reasons, german), personnal bank staty (Dom wiv $9860 ) and aunts bank staty (Dom wiv $70502). Letters from sponsors, naija police report, jand police report (which was submitted 2 weeks later) and I'm still waiting 4 the german police report to forward to them (its coming in mail :s ).

Past passport which shows I always came home on holidays and I've stayed in bout 7 western countries and always come back home. Present passport. Letters of sponsorship from my aunts company (its her company bank staty I'm using and a letter tieing her as MD of dat company and my guardian). Affidavit of sponsorship. Statement of intent. Letter of employment which shows I took up work wiv my company the week after I came back home (bout 1 year and 9 mnths).

Wiv everyone shouting bout being a bonafida student and all, I guess I shall also be be submitting all the prize certificates I won in school too (seriously). Please read and tell me what u think. Good luck to all. I've never applied 4 a student visa here before and I'm a bit gobsmacked that its this harrowing but na Green Passport cause am (and I aint ready to change dat passport anytime soon sha). Please oh, throway ur comments myway. Dankeschon.
Re: Travelling To Canada by VisaChris: 6:59pm On Jul 04, 2011
qqq
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 7:23pm On Jul 04, 2011
@vking
You probably did not digest my fomer post properly, did not mention anything about being denied. What i said was that i have actually seen people who i tott perhaps did not stand a chance get their visa. So in the world of CDHC anything is possible, the Phd route is also good, but i will advice you explore all possible options, so you don't put all eggs in a basket.

@ Epicwin.
With all you mentioned i think you are good to go, but like i always say, this is just my opinion, there is no particular pattern for issuing visas, every application is considered individually. So what works for Mr A migth not necessaryly work for Mr B. But remember to seal them up in prayers.
Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 10:24pm On Jul 04, 2011
@all,
Thank you so much for supporting with prayers,tips,comments and advises. I was directed to come

for interview today on 4th July by 8:00 am and that I will not be allowed entry after 10:30am. I

woke up exactly 4:00 and left Abeokuta(through public transport) around 6:00am. I got to

Berger,lagos on 7:10. I waited for 2hrs at the BRT terminal. I faced teriffic traffic jam and got to

CDHC exactly 10:00. Yet,I tried as much as possible be composed,calm and collected. I was

immediately directed to the reception. I told the receptionist my mission,that I came for interview.

She starred at me amazingly, interview? I said yes. I gave her the notice and she requested me to

sit. While sitting,I was praying silently with my heart and watching TV.(comfortably) though at a

point,my heart beat increases,but I called myself to order. While in the reception,two people came

in separately to rectify some issue,guess they are Permanent residence.
After sitting for One and half hour,a short while lady pointed to me and directed me to the interview

room.
I got into the room and this is my experience with VO:

Me: Good morning Ma'am

VO: No response( probably see did not hear me greet)

VO: I am , (she mentioned her name),I am the Visa officer.

Me: Ok Ma'am

VO: why do you want to study ACCA?

Me: There is necessity for me to expand my business,and to contribute more to the development of

my family business,and ACCA will give me prvilege to acquire the skills needed.

VO: I could see you have Cs in Financial Accounting and Mathematics on your O/Levels which

means you are just a bit above average in the subjects,how will be able to pursue the prog?

(Meanwhile,I actually have E8 in Accounting)

Me: ACCA is not limited to Accounting alone. It extends is scope to the whole financial

education,which includes decision making,managerial operation,financial management etc.

Furthermore,I have better and improved grades in Accounting at my higher education level. You

can check my ND results.

VO: I can't see any transcript here, (glancing through my documents)

Me: it's there

VO : Oh. I can see it(glancing through the results) Though I am not really sure if she see the course

(Principle of Accounting1&2 and cost accounting 1&2 but it is there and I think she was satisfied.

VO: how come you have mostly Cs on your O/level(she was focusing on the accounting as subject)

and As on your higher education results?

Me: It shows my determination. I was determined to improve on my studies when I get to higher

institution,and improvement reflects on my result at higher level.

VO: when did you complete your higher education? (still glancing through results)

Me: March,2004

VO: I could not see any document indicating this on your result. (she checked careful and I also told

her it's there). Oh. I can see. She saw it on my certificate. While,checking my results,she went to the

last page and saw that the last was project.

VO: what was your project at the Polytechnic about?

Me: research

VO: research about what?

Me: Marketing

VO: how did you do the research?

Me: The project was mainly based on paperwork. Teachings are mainly based on theory(she cuts

in)
, VO: I know that.(she was telling she already knew that teachings are based on theory in 9ja)
What was the project about?

VO: what is Marketing?

Me: (framed a definition,from the experience in management) Marketing is the introduction and

distribution of products to (acquire) customers. (All management students/professionals in the

house,I am sorry to use "to ACQUIRE customers",that was what came to my mouth) Yet,I think I

made my point to her.

VO: Marketing what?

Me: finished product

VO: what kind of product?

Me: ( I initially wanted to fumble,but God sent Angel Gabriel to me) I didnt want to mention

product I cant defend. Within a snap,I gained ground again and replied: local soap

VO: so,how did you market your product?

Me: I went into the local market,introduced the soap to the local market women,and told them to

come out with their dirty clothes and dresses,washed the dirty clothes with the sample product and

compared it with the ones they have,then I gained their approval.

VO: what is the name of the company?

Me: Fanol(just mentioned the name) though the company exist but, hmmmn

VO: how about the company now?(trying to ask the well being of the company)

Me: I dont knw the progress and present stand of the company as I only went their for the project.

VO: Did the Polytechnic instructed you to work on the Company?

Me: No. The Polytechnic only gave me topic(Marketing) to work on,and I submitted my research

report after conclusion.

VO: what are the (documents) you will request to know the financial health of a company?

Me: Balance sheet,Profit&loss account and Financial report(The financial report just came to my

mouth,though I am sure of the Balance sheet and P&L account) , Meanwhile,she noted the 3points

down.

VO: how will you use Balance to know the financial health of the company?

Me: I will differentiate it's Assets(both fixed and current) from it liabilities

VO: how about P&L account?

Me: The P&L will be used to determine the loss and profit of the company within a period of time.

VO: what of the financial report?

Me: it is the general report of the financial status of a company.

VO: what do you mean by general report?

Me: It is the summary of the total assets and liabilities of the company,and the report of the

financial status of the company.

VO: so,what will be your recommendation to the company?

Me: I will suggest to the company not to rely on their liabilities, and to utilize their capital resources

efficiently.

VO: what do you mean by not relying on their liabilities?

Me: I will advice the company not to rely mainly loan,because the present economic situation is

very unpredictable especially when it comes to finance and loan(I have forgotten the term I

used,but the point I stated I actually what I meant)
NOTE: she noted the above questions and even the sub-explanations on the printed paper where

she threw her questions from. {I think she wants to award score on her own(I saw her made a huge

lines line pass mark below) Not sure what it means though. only known to her}

VO: what do you mean by capital resources?

Me: Human and financial resources,which includes fixed and current assets like cash in hand,cash at

bank,employee and properties etc.

VO: Won't you entertain fear if you were given account of a high profile company to work on?

Me: No. As long as I have the adequate skills and knowledge needed,I wont entertain any fear.

VO: Have you ever enrolled with ICAN?

Me: No. ACCA superceeds ICAN.

VO: You intend to study ACCA at Stouffville college in toronto,do you realize ACCA is not recognize

the Canada,and you might not be employed after your studies in Canada?

Me: I am not pursuing ACCA to get employed in Canada,I want to acquire the skills to develop my

own business and family business.

VO: (going through a paper she has with her,guess that's where she highlighted some of the

questions she was throwing) Yes, Bleep company is your family business?

Me; Yes Ma'am

VO: and the name of your own business is Bleep

Me: Yes Ma'am

VO: what do?

Me: I sell Plumbing&Building materials,Sanitary ware and I am into Plumbing&fitting.

VO: Do you still work at your family business?

Me: I concentrate mainly on my own business,though I still a decision maker in my family business.

VO: you do you at your family business?

Me: I contribute to the decision making of the company.

VO: is your father sponsoring you?

Me: No. I am sponsoring myself.

VO: I didn't see any of your financial documents here.

Me: They are there. that's my VAT letter.

VO: I can't find any financial documents like your Bank statements,Tax certificate etc

Me: I have my Bank statements of account,VAT letter etc there.

VO: This is VAT letter not Tax certificate.

Me: Yes Ma'am. Taxation system is not good in Nigeria,especially in my state. I was at the IRS

office in my state and I was told it will take a long time for them to process the certificate.

VO: when did you start the business?

Me: 2008

Me: My receipts and invoices are there.

VO: You have your receipts and invoices here.

VO: (checking my documents again) I can't see your Bank statement of account.

Me: It's there. I submitted it.

VO: ok. I have see something, (reference letter from the Bank) Access Bank Plc. right?

Me: Yes. Ma'am

VO: This is only a reference letter.

Me: I attached Bank statement with the reference letter.

VO: Yes. We normally detach it.

Me: alright Ma'am

VO: Maybe it is under verification

Me: Ok Ma'am

VO: give me sometime to find the Bank statement.

Me: No problem Ma'am

VO: Yes. Your Bank statement of account is under verification. We shall get back to you whether

you will be called for medical or not( I am not sure of the final statement,owing to anxiety)****PLS.

NOTE: The last word I heard and copied from her is that YOUR BANK ACCOUNT IS UNDER

VERIFICATION and I also heard MEDICAL TEST.

My only worry is that while I was been interviewed,I stylishly read through the (printed paper) she

had with her,where she threw most of her questions,I guess it's little summary of my profile and the

key highlight she based her questions on. The words are very tiny though. I stressed my eyes and

on the final line of the printed paper,I saw a word like "Recommendation: refusal"

Though I saw this while still facing the interview,but it even gives me more courage to answer the

questions and I went back to it when the lady excuses herself to find my bank statement of acct.
I keep pondering on the word. Maybe they want to have a rethink and reverse the action. I think if

they want to refuse me,they will immediately do that without calling me for interview. why will they

call me for interview again,if I am right what I saw? why dont they verify my account since all these

days? maybe the account verification is the main issue that delays their decision?
When I got back to my city,barely 15mins after my arrival,exactly 2:45pm. I received a call from

my Bank that do I have any request from CDHC,and I responded immediately that I do. I also think

if they are refusing me,can they still take their time to verify my bank statement? If my Bank

statement is the main issue that is preventing them for calling me for medical,then I am very

confident and optimistic! cos the account belongs to me,and it is 100% genuine.

I want to thank everybody for supporting me in every way. I will update you as things go. I will be waiting to hear from you all. Now,I put my faith and trust in God(Insha Allah). what's gonna be gonna be. All I know is that God wants the best for me.

@tolualds,
My application got to CDHC on 4th April today marks the 3rd Month. They sent letter to me through courier. I took the letter along to gain entrance to CDHC for the interview. Thanx a lot.

@bashtee,
thx. brov. definitely,i will always update u all. i also wish u d best and implore u to check on CDHC 2 knw what's up
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 11:07pm On Jul 04, 2011
@newacca

It is well . Let's hope the approval of ur bank staty sways their judgement. Weird though, u apply since April and its just nau they call u up. (I no go shout), but, what docs exactly did u submit though?
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 11:12pm On Jul 04, 2011
@eky102

Thanks 4 the pep -up, But as u rightly said its just 'ur' pep-up (only if they needed someone to vote me 4 visa and u dey there, I sure say u go comply, but no be so). 4 some reason, I keep blaming the conservative gov. In canada 4 making things hard, if only liberals where there!
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 11:20pm On Jul 04, 2011
@ new acca,

That's a long one, thanks for the update though, please try and remove your mindset from denial, cause that's not your portion. You did very well in your interview, and you couldnt have done better. Just be positive and you will get a positive outcome soonest.
All is well my brother, all is well.
Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 12:10am On Jul 05, 2011
@Epicwin,Eky102 and others,
pls. do not mind my spelling mistakes. I didnt have time to review it. I was so exhausted and tired while writing the reply. Please bear with me.

@Epic,
I will comply the list of the dox I used later. right now,I am dead tired. I will try as much as possible to send u d list soon.
Meanwhile,I want to thank everyone of you for encouraging and supporting me to this stage. I really appreciate u all. I pray we all get favourable response at last. Once again,thank you.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 1:47am On Jul 05, 2011
@newacca
i feel u ll get d visa since u got to dis stage. they usually deny people coming for acca from wat i have seen.
u must have put up a strong application. new members of dis forum will benefit from ur experience

@bashtee
wats d latest

mine is about 9 weeks. still waiting for dem
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 6:20am On Jul 05, 2011
@newacca
What a long one and you were up to d task.Insallah you will be called for medical one of these days.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 6:35am On Jul 05, 2011
@chiz
I ve heard nothing oh,I will be in Lagos on Monday to see them.
Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2011
@all, mine is in the 6th week o! still waitin

@newacca,
''
newacca:

VO: You intend to study ACCA at Stouffville college in toronto,do you realize ACCA is not recognize the Canada,and you might not be employed after your studies in Canada?

Me: I am not pursuing ACCA to get employed in Canada,I want to acquire the skills to develop my own business and family business.

I think you have a chance of getting the visa.this was the most important part of d interview which u answered.I wish u the very best o.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tosinosho1992: 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2011
@ newacca

Hahahahahah, pali don't worry you did pretty well at the interview, it's just your fear playing a fast one on you. The stuff you saw was just a decision form by used by VO's. It has recommendation: Refusal/Approval, guess you did not see the approval part. After your interview, the VO will make a recommendation by ticking the appropriate tab.

Goodluck.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tosinosho1992: 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2011
@ vkings,

What did you study for your first degree?
Re: Travelling To Canada by SUJYDEE(m): 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2011
@newacca, thanx 4 d comprehensive updates bruv. I want 2 bliv its well, insha Allah cos we humans are better after our mistakes b4 our mistakes.
They were wrong 4 refusing u in d first place. So, put ur mind off d denial of a thing and be positive in ur expectations.
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2011
@Chizquare,bashtee,obietrix,tosinosh1992,Sujydee and all,
Thanx so much for the words of encouragement and support. Honestly,these words raises my hope and keep me going. Thx. so much. I will keep you posted immediately I receive response from them.
Ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2011
I haven't seen such a detailed interview just for a study visa. Things must have gotten much stricter since when I applied in 2005.
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2011
@Tosinosh1992,
funny! Thx. how did you knw about the decision form?(smiles) u knw of someone that worked with them or you have seen such form b4. Iam jst curious. The paper looks like summary of my profile and key points to interview me abt and conclusions.
Though I remain optimistic and hopeful,yet I need to know what makes u feel its a decision form and how you are so sure the paper contains such word like: " Recommendation: Refusal/Approval.
All the same,thx so much for encouraging me to keep my faith alive. I am doing that brov. Thx a lot.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 1:35pm On Jul 05, 2011
@debosky,
that's just it.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tosinosho1992: 1:51pm On Jul 05, 2011
@ newacca,

It used to be on most visa application forms at the "for office use" section. I guess CIC removed it, but some embassies still have it on their form. Plus most visa appeal bundles come with the for (UK specific).
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2011
@newacca, the woman wan kill u ni o o , but am sure with the answers u gave during the interview u are good to go and may allah subuhana lah watawala see us through, (amin)
@all, i would like to know if cdhc av a mandate of 6 million naira being the minimum cash in ur account during the course of application and i would like to know if cdhc have access to bank accounts submitted for application, thanks in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada by eky102: 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2011
@ shavel, there is no such thing as a minimum amount in your account. If cdhc wanted to see just that i guess they would probably ask for 1 month statement. They work with history, that's why they request for a 6 months statement. The main value in your statement is your total credit and total debit, which is seen just above your closing balance. So an account with a total debit of 5 million and a closing balance of 1-2 million is just fine.
About having access to your account, all banks have a protocol and will never ever share a customers details with anybody,the best cdhc will do is to scan the documents to the bank, for verification. Some banks migth choose to call the account owner for autorization while some won't.
Hope that helps !! Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 05, 2011
thanks bro, den am good to go coz my sponsor's acct is a biz acct so money comes in and goes out, thanx once again, am very grateful.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2011
@shavel
careful with biz acc. i think personal account is more reliable(from experience). u have to support d biz account with a lot of other docs. if u read dis forum from january till date u ll get good info

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.