Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,359 members, 7,947,580 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 12:41 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (462483 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by gbenga8301: 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2011
i just submitted my application today, thank to epic win who has been great with helping out, met some dude today who was refused and i felt realy bad for him cos he had been waiting on dis visa since last year, introduced him to dis forum cos dis forum has been of immense help to me, thanks alot guys, cool
Re: Travelling To Canada by lamide11: 9:36pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ all, was at the embassy today, and i was told to check with my courier (ups), on gettin to ups, i was told they havent received the package from them, and using the tracking number online, it says "not available", which suggest, they really havent received it from the embassy, i don tire for this ppl o, @ gbenga, meet the guy too oo, sad mehn, hopfully our case no go be like that sha,
Re: Travelling To Canada by tomiwaoluy: 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2011
Oh Sorry I was busy.

Email: lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

Email Format:

Name:

File Number:

Contact number:

Passport number:

Date of birth:     

Date of submission of application:

Courier service used:

Waybill no:

Visa Type:

Additional Information:

@Cuddlemii,
      I just came on now and I saw d format.I have already sent them a mail but I didn't incude some information on this format u pasted here, I will like to know if I can re-send another email or I should just hold till I hear from them.Responseeeee ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2011
@allexy

Bro, go to the immigration office and ask ur questions sir. They r plenty in lagos.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2011
@Newacca
Broda am still around,the CDHC advised that I shud differ my admission till jan pending the confirmation of my documents.So am waitin till jan,even though am currently in Namibia for holiday,dats why I ve not been here lately.
What's new wit ur visa status?
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ Epicwin: lol.men this is scary oh.guess those guys didnt give them a new start date.so they had no option than to refuse em.besides been echoing it since that their policy had changed so far.cos they jst issude out medical instructions to everyone who applied within the stipulated time.which is actually not their usual policy.cos previously they refuse those they wanna refuse n give medical instructions to those they wanna give visas to.it was also stated clearly in the letter that came wi the medical instructions that they just issued out medical instructions to everyone who they feel had all the requirements submitted. meaning they cud still deny someone despite having medical done.anyways lets jst hope for the best sha.
Re: Travelling To Canada by allexy2: 12:09am On Sep 22, 2011
[/quote]
cycline404:

@allexy2 Yes, you have to go to Abuja and you cant renew now unless your passport expiration date has been elasped. The only thing that can make them change your passport for u is when it got lost or damaged because today i was @UPS office to post my Package,  A guy was there with me that just came back from canadian embassy they returned his passport alone due to the fact that water splash on the data page and it makes his passport blond he called a guy at Festac they said 70k another one @ikoyi says 60k one guy @abuja in there computer room said he will pay 35k now he has gone for that option with that it will take 2weeks for processing,

so i dont know how this helps u,

[quote author=EpicWin link=topic=118823.msg9194088#msg9194088 date=1316638091]
@allexy

Bro, go to the immigration office and ask your questions sir. They r plenty in lagos.

@ cycline404 and Epicwin, thanks for answering my question,  i will declare my international passport missing and apply for a new one in abuja

Many thanks for ur advice, both of u
Re: Travelling To Canada by abroaduni: 9:48am On Sep 22, 2011
Hi Guys,
I am also looking for moving to Canada.I also need to know about Canadian visa status,because it's my first time to go there.So,I need to know that,How could i get visa? and What legal formalities should i have to fulfil for that?

Any suggestions or advice are welcome.

immigration canada
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 11:08am On Sep 22, 2011
@bashtee

Pls, have u gone 4 medicals? When did u go for medicals? When did u initially apply and how could u go to namibia if ur passport is with CDHC?
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 11:10am On Sep 22, 2011
@Lamide

When did u initially apply? When did u go 4 medicals? Pls keep us posted on ur application.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 2:05pm On Sep 22, 2011
@Epicwin: do u knw if those guys hv their extension dates sent to the embassy?
Re: Travelling To Canada by rowlandoo: 2:56pm On Sep 22, 2011
@cycline404

It happened to me , and i got it in 5days for 70k but might be 60k now if u can talk to the woman i will intriduce to u , but u will have to go to abuja never the less . but its sure without prejudice
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2011
@Isiri, why do u wanna come to Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2011
@Bashtee,
I am still waiting to complete the further medical test. I was told to come on October for x-ray after which it will be forwarded to Paris and I will be waiting for positive response then(God willing)
I wish u a nice stay in Namibia. when r u coming back home? Abeg buy something 4 ur guyz ooo. lol.

@Epicwin,

do u knw of the reasons why those guys were refused? Pls. tell us if u knw.
Re: Travelling To Canada by lamide11: 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2011
@ Epicwin, hv been to the embassy, actually wat happned was that i was given a wrong file number, so i was getin info on another persons file. Anyways dey gaven me my own file numba now sha, and then told me to cum bck on monday,

summited 2nd june, medicals 19th august
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2011
lamide11:

@ Epicwin, hv been to the embassy, actually wat happned was that i was given a wrong file number,  so i was getin info on another persons file. Anyways dey gaven me my own file numba now sha, and then told me to precipitate bck on monday,

summited  2nd june, medicals 19th august

That is the same way, they refered to me as Evelyn the reply I got that time grin grin grin grin grin. CDHC, it is well. When is your start date? Did they ask you to submit another start date?
Re: Travelling To Canada by lamide11: 6:40pm On Sep 22, 2011
@ cuddlemii, really, wen did u get urs??, nd no i wasnt ask nythin, jst told me to cum bck on monday
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 7:58pm On Sep 22, 2011
lamide11:

@ cuddlemii, really, wen did u get urs??, nd no i wasnt ask nythin, jst told me to precipitate bck on monday

grin grin grin grin grin They havent given me yet O. I meant the correspondence I got from them my first name was wrong. They called me Evelyn. Abeg change your post O grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada by lamide11: 8:03pm On Sep 22, 2011
loll ooo ok,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 8:41pm On Sep 22, 2011
lamide11:

loll ooo ok,

When is ur start date?
Re: Travelling To Canada by infobut(m): 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2011
@all, i'm a graduate here in Nig but stil want to travell to canada to study for first degree again, pls i nid info on how to go abt my application n d monetary part, i already av a passport. Pls help me wit any useful info. Tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada by allexy2: 11:38pm On Sep 22, 2011
infobut:

@all, i'm a graduate here in Nig but stil want to travell to canada to study for first degree again, pls i nid info on how to go abt my application n d monetary part, i already av a passport. Pls help me wit any useful info. Tnx

@ Infobut, I will recommend you go thru the whole thread of this page, from page 1, that the will give you the usefil info dat you need, you will see past comment posted by people who have use nairaland to get their canadian visa and those that are still waiting,

I hope my advice is useful,
Re: Travelling To Canada by infobut(m): 1:47am On Sep 23, 2011
@allexy2, it really helped, tanx, but i wudnt just start readin all d posts wen som one cud just give me the brekdown n saves me a lot of tym n bsides i can only read d first two pages n d last four ones. Do they accept NECO certificates cos dts d one i have? Any info is appreciated. Tznx once again
Re: Travelling To Canada by allexy2: 3:51am On Sep 23, 2011
infobut:

@allexy2, it really helped, tanx, but i wudnt just start readin all d posts wen som one cud just give me the brekdown n saves me a lot of tym n bsides i can only read d first two pages n d last four ones. Do they accept NECO certificates cos dts d one i have? Any info is appreciated. Tznx once again

@ Infobut

Yes, they accept NECO. but u must mantain a minmum of credit in ur NECO, BUT FIRST, u need to gain admission to a canadian school and receive an admission letter, I have attach a file that list of all documents the canadian embassy will need for you to apply for a visa,

PLEASE, DOWNLOAD THE FILE I ATTACHED  BELOW

NOTE : i download the  document from their  canadian website, this is their website in Nigeria,

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

I hope my info helps

Best of luck

Re: Travelling To Canada by IgweBLaze: 9:08am On Sep 23, 2011
Hello People,
Monitoring progress reports with keen interest,
I hope and pray God touches the heart of those embassy officials so that they understand that careers are on the line, AMEN
as for those coming to SAIT, we're waiting so as to welcome you warmly!!!
i met iso_saavy about 2days ago, the guy is a "giant"
anyway, i hope this process ends well for you all!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 9:56am On Sep 23, 2011
@Gbenga8301

if u need anymore help, feel free to ask or just ask the forum.

@allexy2

Your welcome.

@Chukie94, @newacca

Officially, it was not having sufficient funds for all of them. I dunno if that's like format or something. They brought new start date but it was all september.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 11:13am On Sep 23, 2011
@Epic: did CDHC return all their documents? omo those guys dey vex oh.lol. im still waiting on em oh. but this one don really reach the 4-5months way em talk for the love letter oh.na wa oh.
Re: Travelling To Canada by lamide11: 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2011
@ cuddlemii , start date was 6th, i was givn till 14th to resume,

there would have been no point differing the admission since d embassy didnt ask for that (at least they ddnt tel me too), but thats the only reasonable thin to do at this point cause we really cant continue with this sememster

and that mail dey send to ppl to send anoda start date or differ, dat thin is jst copy nd paste nd den dey mke it a lil bit personal to the individual dey sendin it too. they are only tellin ppl the logical thin to do
Re: Travelling To Canada by allexy2: 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2011
EpicWin:

@Gbenga8301

if u need anymore help, feel free to ask or just ask the forum.

@allexy2

Your welcome.

@Chukie94, @newacca

Officially, it was not having sufficient funds for all of them. I dunno if that's like format or something. They brought new start date but it was all september.

@ Epicwin, thanks for the kind gesture.u are also welcome anytime, I am using maple to process my application. my application was posted by maple today to the CHDC
Re: Travelling To Canada by allexy2: 9:18pm On Sep 23, 2011
@ Epicwin, if i may ask, have you gotten ur visa or you are still waiting ?

hope to hear from you soon,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 11:21pm On Sep 23, 2011
lamide11:

@ cuddlemii , start date was 6th, i was givn till 14th to resume,

there would have been no point differing the admission since d embassy didnt ask for that (at least they ddnt tel me too), but thats the only reasonable thin to do at this point cause we really cant continue with this sememster

and that mail dey send to ppl to send anoda start date or differ, dat thin is jst copy nd paste nd den dey mke it a lil bit personal to the individual dey sendin it too. they are only tellin ppl the logical thin to do

They asked you to wait till next week right? Does your admission letter carry 2 starting dates? I think they are done with September since some were given visa & some were asked to submit new dates so you should hear from them soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada by gogedda: 11:54am On Sep 24, 2011
@all
i really need your suggestions o, i am still waiting for my admission letter to SAIT for my BAPT program for the winter 2012 , it is almost end of september now. so i will love u people to pls help answer these questions cos am in a fix now.

1) if i should get the admission letter in october(next month) can i still apply for the visa, if so what is the chance of getting the visa since my program start on jan 9

2)if i miss the january entrance for my program,i will have to wait till september 2012 again which is another start date for my program.so will u advice i defer the admision till sept 2012 so that i will have enough time to apply for the visa.

3) what will the embassy say if they are unable to give me the visa for the january 2012 start date, will they deny me visa on my passport or will they simply say i should wait and re-apply for the new strt date which is sept 2012.

4) it seems everybody going to SAIT initially got admission for september intake,was unable to get visa and the embassy later advised them to give another start date which is january, how true is dat?

pls kindly answer my above questions no comment or advice is too small o because i am a novice and new here
God bless u all and i wish u all luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.