Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,615 members, 7,975,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 02:10 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (464304 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 1:20am On Oct 02, 2011
@lamide12

Ermm, you had earlier said u where asked by the embassy thru mail to go pick up your package from courier. Which story is it?
Re: Travelling To Canada by aayoola1(m): 9:51am On Oct 02, 2011
Hi Nairalandaz

I'm nu here, and see that this a place to get info bout a lot of things. I just got an admission 2 BCIT in British Columbia. I'm planning 2 apply for a canadian study permit on Friday (7th oct), my concern now is dat I ve just been denied uk-visa last week. I wnted 2 visit my dad in UK.

Pls, I want 2 inquire if this won't hav any effect on d canadian study permit.

I ve all my documents already :

acceptance letter from the institution
Paid the commitment fee
Statement of account
Letter from the professor that I ll be staying with (home stay)
WAEC Certificate
Undergraduate Transcript from my university
Bsc certificate for the university I grad from
Statement of result for the high school that I grad from
Birth certificate
Cert of origin from local gov
Police cert from ikoyi police hq
NYSC certificate (which I ll be collecting on tuesday)
And of course my international epassport which I was denied uk visa

Pls advice me on wat 2 add to my doc list or remove.

Thanks
Ayoola
Re: Travelling To Canada by soye35: 11:39am On Oct 02, 2011
pls kindly tell me what document is need from my wife in Canada,my wife hold Canadian permanent resident,pls kindly give me the best way to enter Canada,either thru visiting or filling for me since she want me there with her asap,u kind advice and update will be highly appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada by vic4vi(m): 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2011
a.ayoola:

Hi Nairalandaz

I'm nu here, and see that this a place to get info bout a lot of things. I just got an admission 2 BCIT in British Columbia. I'm planning 2 apply for a canadian study permit on Friday (7th oct), my concern now is dat I ve just been denied uk-visa last week. I wnted 2 visit my dad in UK.

Pls, I want 2 inquire if this won't hav any effect on d canadian study permit.

I ve all my documents already :

acceptance letter from the institution
Paid the commitment fee
Statement of account
Letter from the professor that I ll be staying with (home stay)
WAEC Certificate
Undergraduate Transcript from my university
Bsc certificate for the university I grad from
Statement of result for the high school that I grad from
Birth certificate
Cert of origin from local gov
Police cert from ikoyi police hq
NYSC certificate (which I ll be collecting on tuesday)
And of course my international epassport which I was denied uk visa

Pls advice me on wat 2 add to my doc list or remove.

Thanks
Ayoola
you need to show proof that you will return after your studies. You therefore need to add docs showing family tie, employment, landed property etc.
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by aayoola1(m): 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2011
@vic4vi

Thank for the info, wat kind of docs do I need 2 show family ties, i'm just completin my NYSC on tuesday, I'm not working yet and my dad (which is my sponsor) is a lecturer in uk, he doesn't leave in Nigeria.

Pls advice
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by lamide11: 9:15pm On Oct 02, 2011
@ Epicwin, sorry mehn, gues i frgt to post wat happend,

wen i got my medicals the letter attached to it was a wrong 1, so i had the wrong file numba,
apparently all the while i was asking for the status of my file , i was getin info on sum1 elses passport

afta disturbing them for a while they called me inside and den told me they mde a mistke gvnin me the wrong file numba, so they den gave me the real 1 and told me to submit a new letter, which i did on thursday.
Re: Travelling To Canada by rowlandoo: 9:44pm On Oct 02, 2011
@CUDDLEMII

AM VERY HAPPY FOR U , GOD IS GOOD AND LOVES U , HOPE HE WILL STILL HELP ME TOO , RE U GOING UNDERGRDUATE OR PG , HELP ME WITH HOW U DID UR OEFL , THEY ARE SCAMMING ME WITH TOEFL EXAMS
Re: Travelling To Canada by cycline404(m): 10:23pm On Oct 02, 2011
rowlandoo:

@CUDDLEMII

AM VERY HAPPY FOR U , GOD IS GOOD AND LOVES U , HOPE HE WILL STILL HELP ME TOO , RE U GOING UNDERGRDUATE OR PG , HELP ME WITH HOW U DID your OEFL , THEY ARE SCAMMING ME WITH TOEFL EXAMS

@rowlandoo call 08060134323 They will help u out more on toefl,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 10:25pm On Oct 02, 2011
rowlandoo:

@CUDDLEMII

AM VERY HAPPY FOR U , GOD IS GOOD AND LOVES U , HOPE HE WILL STILL HELP ME TOO ,  RE U GOING UNDERGRDUATE OR PG ,  HELP ME WITH HOW U DID your OEFL , THEY ARE SCAMMING ME WITH TOEFL EXAMS

Special way dey to do Toefl? What part of Nig are you? Just book and pay for it na. You can pay it yourself online or you can pay at the testing center.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 10:34pm On Oct 02, 2011
cycline404:

@rowlandoo call 08060134323 They will help u out more on toefl,

Badt guy, keep it up!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by IgweBLaze: 3:32am On Oct 03, 2011
At long last, Cuddlemii has won the victory
i can confidently say nairalanders in SAIT have been planning for your potential arrival or iso_saavy, no be so??
Congratulations!!!!!!
will you be at the residence?
make sure you bring lots of naija food and winter clothes
Calgary is getting cold!!!

Safe journey!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 5:22am On Oct 03, 2011
@ all.

Nice to see that the house is still waxing stronger. Am impressed. For newbies putting up their application, i will advise you to read thru the whole whole thread from (1 - 164), you will gain a lot of informations.

Most of us have contributed our own quota by posting our sucess stories and what we submitted. So make good use of it. I wish you all sucess.

(( any one coming to regina? )
Re: Travelling To Canada by bullstriker: 5:34am On Oct 03, 2011
@rowlandoo,
Go to their website,u would see sample questions which would make u to be more familiar with the exams.Also,if u are not fast in typing with keyboard,i would advice u to take the paper-base type,but it is only taken at aba.That's the type i took.
Re: Travelling To Canada by vic4vi(m): 5:56am On Oct 03, 2011
a.ayoola:

@vic4vi

Thank for the info, wat kind of docs do I need 2 show family ties, i'm just completin my NYSC on tuesday, I'm not working yet and my dad (which is my sponsor) is a lecturer in uk, he doesn't leave in Nigeria.

Pls advice
Thanks
is your whole family in the Uk? If no then you can show family photographs including birth certificates.
Also if your father have land, house, even shares in Nigeria you have to present them also.
You also need to explain that your course will be valuable to Nigeria on return.
Other veteran in house can add.
Cheerz
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 03, 2011
@ henrywest,seems d person concerned 4gt to include a copy of you acceptance leta. I gues that shld nt count against hm bt you can go to embassy to make further clarifications. Don't force your docs out if it is unda verification cos u wanna make a photocopy of original docs cos you might already fall behind the mandatory processing duration.
@ a.ayoola, dey denie ppl mainly cos of lack of sufficient proofs to show return afta studies. Ur denial @ uk is not a yardstick to measure ur success @ canadian embassy. Though dey might contact uk embassy 4 sum issues. You have to do sth to d reason u were denied so dat it will nt reoccur here, Once bitten twice shy they say. Write a gud sop on how ur intending prog will benefit us here afta studies. Since ur dad is ur sponsor n he was able to gt u all docs relatin to financial proofs, he nids to gt u some family ties lyk landed properties, rental properties dt you will help him oversee since he is also out of d country n if u r his heir dat wld work too. Also mayb a future employment frm relevnt agencies wil do
too n ur commitment in ur home country. Since I cannot fully express mysef in words, I hope ds little will help.
We shall al gt there Amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Dare14: 10:19am On Oct 03, 2011
pls house my younger brother is about submitting his application this week or early next week and he wants to use DHL, how about medicals if he use DHL? or is it better he submit the application himself at the embassy so they can tell him when to come for meds? pls house help out on this, thanks yall
Re: Travelling To Canada by aayoola1(m): 11:10am On Oct 03, 2011
Thanks globalpaul & vic4vi, I appreciate u guys.
I ll keep u posted .
Re: Travelling To Canada by rowlandoo: 11:38am On Oct 03, 2011
@cudleiii

na undergraduate u going for or PG , i have been denied american F-1 can it count or canada study perit , wetting the number u give me go do for me abt the toefl special centre?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 11:53am On Oct 03, 2011
@rowalndo,

no be me give u number O. I only commented sey the person na badt guy cos I didnt know u needed mtn nos to write toefl. No I am not going for undergrad but pg sort of. How about u?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2011
IgweBLaze:

At long last, Cuddlemii has won the victory
i can confidently say nairalanders in SAIT have been planning for your potential arrival or iso_saavy, no be so??
Congratulations!!!!!!
will you be at the residence?
make sure you bring lots of naija food and winter clothes
Calgary is getting cold!!!

Safe journey!!

Na wa oh, hope I am safe, lolz. Anyways thanx.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 03, 2011
@ dare14, if ur bro stays in lagos or nearby states like ib or abk, it is beta to use the drop box.den u dy gv hm a card wch contains ur file no. But if used courier, d waybill no will is file no, Dy won't tell u wen to go 4 meds but normally gv den 30-40working days. I gues ds has hlped u in a way, We shal gt there Amen!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Dare14: 5:28pm On Oct 03, 2011
globalpaul:

@ dare14, if your bro stays in lagos or nearby states like ib or abk, it is beta to use the drop box.den u dy gv hm a card wch contains your file no. But if used courier, d waybill no will is file no, Dy won't tell u wen to go 4 meds but normally gv den 30-40working days. I gues ds has hlped u in a way, We shal gt there Amen!

Thanks for your help, my brother lives in lagos and if he uses DHL how would he pay for the study visa fee? he has every documents ready just waiting to get the police report from alagbon,can he use his own account statement and also a family friend account statement that has a company? hes going for undergraduate study, pls help out
Re: Travelling To Canada by cycline404(m): 5:59pm On Oct 03, 2011
Dare14:

Thanks for your help, my brother lives in lagos and if he uses DHL how would he pay for the study visa fee? he has every documents ready just waiting to get the police report from alagbon,can he use his own account statement and also a family friend account statement that has a company? hes going for undergraduate study, pls help out

@Dare he can pay to any registered bank i will advice GTBank and Zenith Just go there raise a bank draft on Canadian Deputy High Commission the draft should be exactly 19,500 Not more or less, A fee of 315N will be charged raising draft via GTBank i think Zenith is 200N Then he can post via DHL to get the Clearance is easy it take just about 3hrs to get ready @alagbon u dont need to know anyone there just walk in with confidence they will ask u where u re going tell them u want to see Alajah She heads the finger print dept,

I hope this helps
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2011
@ dare, I tnk cycline hs answered ur question. Okay let me gv fuda clue, incase d woman is nt available u may also ask afta mr usman @ d fingerprint section, wit 3k he will do it 4 u. I may gv u hs no if need arises. I dnt tnk we gt ur qustn on d statement of acc stuff, mayb u can simplify it, I tnk ds has helped u in a way, we shal gt there in IJN Amen!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Dare14: 8:28pm On Oct 03, 2011
thanks so much for ur help, abt the statement of account i said he intend using his own account and also a family friend account,i hope he can use both,

Also after he has sent package via DHL, will the embassy call him for medicals? do they still interview applicants?
Re: Travelling To Canada by monie(f): 10:02pm On Oct 03, 2011
@ iso_savvy,thank you so much,how can i have ur email add?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Dare14: 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2011
@ cycline404,globalpaul

pls answer
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 03, 2011
@ dare, I gues if u take ur time to go tru the thread u wil find so many info wch may b of help. Hw mch is in hs acc, if it is mch, where does he gt is fund, is he working, u can use ur acc, parents acc, relatives, cmpy acc or if sponsored by govt or any agencies. I hope ds has hlped u a little. We shal gt there, Amen!
Re: Travelling To Canada by cycline404(m): 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2011
Dare14:

@ cycline404,globalpaul

pls answer

@dare this forum is just like a brocure read it carefully u will see all those answers, !
Re: Travelling To Canada by isOSavvy(m): 3:21am On Oct 04, 2011
@ monie Sorry, i thought i connected to u already. I've just sent a request thru IM. Here's my mail tough, blazingphrase@yahoo.com.

@IgweBLaze Guy how far? This one wey u yan say i be giant. Make them no think say i be yokozuna ooo lol. and yeah, i told Cuddles that she'll be more than welcome over here.
Re: Travelling To Canada by monie(f): 11:37am On Oct 04, 2011
@ all,i nid advice asap,my current workplace wants to take me to europe for training,i was supposed to go september but declined 2 go for 2nd batch hopin for a miracle fro d embassy,nw have been asked 2 bring my passport,and is still with CDHC.i do not know what 2 do,i was there 2day 2 withdraw just my passport but the security man said they will return everything back 2 me.dat they dnt return only passport,i work with an airline,i am supposed 2 travel all d time,if i dnt go for dis trainin meanin i will loose d job cuz i just got it and am supposed 2 be trained on d aircraft type.pls what can i do?i nid advice,cuz if i loose this trip and eventuali they come deny me,it will be deadly ooooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 12:29pm On Oct 04, 2011
@ Monie: pray bout it. there are always distractions. there are things that wud always appear like they real but they not. if the job is really urs, they wont kick out. so to this end, i advise u keep on waiting on the embassy to see what happens wi ur case. cos if eventually u withdraw ur application n they actually had it in mind to give u the visa, then i think u on the losing end cos u going for ur education which is actually more vital. i mean u cud still go into that ur aviation field anytime u want. u get? so yea. wait on em embassy.but if ur patience is wearing out, send em an email explaining your plight to em.

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.