Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,155 members, 7,907,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:15 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (460100 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by rodolpho: 11:58am On Aug 05, 2010
gentlemen,

does the canadian high commission check the balance in an account at the time of confirming the authencity of the account do they have the power to ask for the balance in the account at the time of confirmation e.g i submitted an account in june, it is being check in august, will the canadian check the balance in august? and if the answer is yes and i have been directed to do medical, can i be refuse visa on the sole ground that the amount in my account is substansially lower?

thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada by deneks4: 2:35pm On Aug 05, 2010
bgold3003:

my own is 42 working days today but we can only continue to pray and then wait. we should hear from them this week hopefully.

boss, i think friday it is, check on friday nite/saturday morning,

@ rodolpho, that na jamb question ooo, but don't sha try to be smart with this guys, thay always know better o
Re: Travelling To Canada by deneks4: 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2010
bgold3003:

my own is 42 working days today but we can only continue to pray and then wait. we should hear from them this week hopefully.

wat is ur e-mail, or number o
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 3:18pm On Aug 05, 2010
rodolpho:

gentlemen,

does the canadian high commission check the balance in an account at the time of confirming the authencity of the account do they have the power to ask for the balance in the account at the time of confirmation e.g i submitted an account in june, it is being check in august, will the canadian check the balance in august?

They will ask the bank to verify that the account details and amounts are correct. They obviously won't be seeking to ensure that every naira and kobo remains the same, but they will be seeking evidence on whether the funds in the accounts are sufficient for your studies.

and if the answer is yes and i have been directed to do medical, can i be refuse visa on the sole ground that the amount in my account is substansially lower?

thank you

I need to go back to look at my documents (after CDHC return your documents, you'll see faxes sent to the banks to confirm your A/C details) to determine when they checked the funds.

If the funds are substantially reduced, you stand a risk of being denied on the grounds of funds. That said, it is likely that your account was verified before you were issued a form to do medicals (i.e. if you had an interview before receiving medical instructions).

I feel it is unlikely that you will be denied a visa after medicals, but I'll check my docs and get back to you later.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bgold3003: 4:28pm On Aug 05, 2010
[/quote
deneks4:

wat is your e-mail, or number o
my e-mail adress is boluwajioladejo@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 4:33pm On Aug 05, 2010
charlie193:

Now I have some more questions

1. Can I attach a cover letter on the statement of result, explaining that the degree certificate is not ready?

You can do that - it should be sufficient.

3.Please  can someone please tell me how I can open a Canadian account from Nigeria?

Why do you want to open a CA account in Nigeria? You don't need to do so till you are in Canada.

Regarding the Quebec authorisation, I don't have experience of that.
Re: Travelling To Canada by rodolpho: 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2010
Thank you debosky and may the Almighty God bless you.

From the content of the fax sent to the bank in your case, did the chdc ask from the bank either

a) the balance in your account as at the the date of the fax? or

b) the balance as at the date you submited your application i.e the date the account was submited?

i believe therein lies the answer to the puzzle.

thank you for your anticipated response.
Re: Travelling To Canada by rodolpho: 4:52pm On Aug 05, 2010
Thank you debosky and may the Almighty God bless you.

From the content of the fax sent to the bank in your case, did the chdc ask from the bank either

a) the balance in your account as at the the date of the fax? or

b)  the balance as at the date you submited your application i.e the date the account was submited?

i believe therein lies the  answer to the puzzle.

thank you for your anticipated response.
Re: Travelling To Canada by rodolpho: 4:56pm On Aug 05, 2010
i can help with the CAQ. the process is quite straightforward and hazzle free. please let me know precisely what you ll like to know about that
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 6:17pm On Aug 05, 2010
@Debosky

Thanks man, U and all the wonderful people on this thread are the best set of open minded, intelligent people I have meet in this world. You guys are 'three' much!

Well, thanks for the reply to my question. And for the canadian bank account, I just wondering if I could open an account here in Nigeria before going to Canada. Anyway, thanks man for your help.

@ Rodopho

Please what I need to know about the CAQ is the timing, how long does the application takes. As in, from the time of application till the time I got the acceptance entry.

Also, are you going to the province of Quebec too?

I read through your posts and I just smile, because I know that you are just being anxious. Since you have done your medical, you will definitely get your VISA. Just try to have faith and hope in God. OK! cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada by seun28: 8:38am On Aug 06, 2010
hi everybody, Please can anyone advise me on this issue, I will be landing in toronto ending of this month on a study permit, And i still have a valid uk visa however i want to apply for us visitors visa immediately i land so that i can spend my xmas in the us. I have never visited us before. I just want to ask if this is possible and what are my chances that i will get a us visitors visa as an international student in canada. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by rodolpho: 8:53am On Aug 06, 2010
Charles,

I believe it takes between 3 (three) and 4 (four) weeks to get the CAQ. Try to do the application online as that way a copy of the CAQ will be sent to your email address immediately your application is approved while the hard copy will be sent to the canadian high commission. Mind you as i said the application is quite straightforward and you should have no problem at all.

Please lemme know if you have any other question
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 9:32am On Aug 06, 2010
@rodolpho

Thank you for the swift reply, I think I can use any of the courier service to send my document after I have register online . What do you think?

Please are you also going to Quebec?
Re: Travelling To Canada by rodolpho: 1:06pm On Aug 06, 2010
Charles,

Yeah, I am Quebec bound, the Canadian High Commission willing. Everything is ready, the fund, the will and the only thing that can stop me now is the visa. yes you can send your documents by courrier and after 2 weeks you can call Canada to confirm the receipt of the CAQ application. So which school are you going to in Quebec?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:06pm On Aug 06, 2010
@seun28, it is good you are starting now to think about applying. Once you land, book your appointment with the US embassy cuz there are hardly any space but at least you will be applying after summer so that's good. Of course they will give you. They will give you up to 5 yrs. Congrats and which of the schools in Toronto will you be attending? Is it for graduate or undergrad.?
Re: Travelling To Canada by seun28: 6:29pm On Aug 06, 2010
@ hotstepper, Thanks a lot. I will be attending schulich for my mba
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:26am On Aug 07, 2010
@seun28, oh k, u gonna love York nd your biz skool is outta this world tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada by sophy09: 1:54am On Aug 07, 2010
Is that your picture?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:56am On Aug 07, 2010
:p
Re: Travelling To Canada by bomly(f): 4:34am On Aug 07, 2010
Hello House,

What school in canada offer a Post Graduate Diploma in either Biochemistry or any other health science related major, with a third class and a good TOEFL and GRE score i believe if well directed i can still find a university offering a PGD in health sciences major. Thanks house
Re: Travelling To Canada by sophy09: 5:23am On Aug 07, 2010
@Hotstepper

Whao, you look good the name does suit you. So what is next after graduation for you, going back to nija or going to into the labour market in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada by seun28: 7:46am On Aug 07, 2010
men, i just saw your pictures, u look damn gorgeous, I wish you all d best after gradution. Are u going to work in canada or u are coming back to nigeria
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:34pm On Aug 07, 2010
@sophy09 nd Seun28, I am going bk to naija, NYSC is calling me
Re: Travelling To Canada by bomly(f): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2010
Hello House,

What school in canada offer a Post Graduate Diploma in either Biochemistry or any other health science related major, with a third class and a good TOEFL and GRE score i believe if well directed i can still find a university offering a PGD in health sciences major. Thanks house
Re: Travelling To Canada by sophy09: 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2010
@Hotstepper

That's good, going back to serve your father's land. I'll like to find out which city is better in terms of job search Toronto or Calgary
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2010
Both are though Calgary is more of Oil nd Gas, u can look at both places
Re: Travelling To Canada by tollu: 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2010
@ Hotstepper
There's this post where u sounded somewat sceptical abt Memorial University of Newfoundland, cld u pls tell me wat the problems wit the school are? Please.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Goalzilla: 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2010
hoping to see canada soon, too. but probably im able in 3 years time,

[img]http://flagcounter.com/count/X1h/bg=FFFFFF/txt=FFFFFF/border=FFFFFF/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/pageviews=0[/img]
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2010
@tollu, I cannot remember feeling anyhow about the Uni. all the uni. in Canada is standardized, Maybe I said something about Newfoundland but dif. not about the uni.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tollu: 3:29pm On Aug 08, 2010
You didnt say anything in particular, here's a link to the thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-429185.0.html

It's wat u didnt say dats actually go me bothered. Whats wrong with Newfoundland? Thinking abt going dere cos of the fees and any firsthand input from a Nigerian would be appreciated. Not all the tourist friendly responses found on the internet. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:37pm On Aug 08, 2010
Oh I get, I said that cuz no-one really goes to Newfoundland land, more or less still developing nd datz why school fees is cheaper compared to say Toronto.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tollu: 7:21pm On Aug 08, 2010
Oh ok. Tnks gurl

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.