Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,989 members, 7,942,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 12:05 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (462272 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by barneli(m): 1:58am On Aug 09, 2010
Hello House,

What school in canada offer a Post Graduate Diploma in either Biochemistry or any other health science related major, with a third class and a good TOEFL and GRE score i believe if well directed i can still find a university offering a PGD in health sciences major. Thanks house
I also have same issue as bomly.
Re: Travelling To Canada by adeoye777: 9:56am On Aug 09, 2010
please i will like someone to please assist me in the area of this PR in canada.i have being trying to apply for permanent residence for skilled worker category but do not know what to do.i have my first degree in economics,i am a plumber and i have 6 years working experience.i have been hearing people say we submit the first or initial application to ghana and also the payment without documents.how true is this? and others say you post directly to canada.please i need your assistance.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by adexchamp(m): 12:48pm On Aug 09, 2010
Please i learnt Swaziland passport holders are free to enter and remain in Canada for a period of 7 months,i really want to know if they scrutinize them at the port of entry of it they have a smooth-free passage to enter the country, Thanks people i need your comments!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by buchy321(m): 11:52pm On Aug 09, 2010
Hi everyone,
Its about 25 working days since i did my medicals at Marien clinic (results left nigeria for france on July 5) and returned my int'l passport back to the embassy(along with a pre-paid courier envelope and my medical license)
I wonder why the delay and i've sent them emails stating that my school resumes on Aug 20. All i get is an automated response saying they'll get back to me as soon as a decision is reached.
Pls guys, wat else should i do?
Is there a possibilty of denial after medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:45am On Aug 10, 2010
@buchy321, dont worry you will get it
b/w, which school are you going to? its rather weird that school will resume for you on August 20th as even high skool students here would resume Sept. 7
Re: Travelling To Canada by buchy321(m): 3:56am On Aug 10, 2010
@ Hotstepper,
Am goin for MPH at the uni. Of Saskatchewan.
Term 1 starts of with the introductory class, Foundations of PUb.Hlth from Aug 20 - Sep 3 and its compulsory for all incoming MPH students.
I pray for a positive response ASAP.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada by buchy321(m): 4:28am On Aug 10, 2010
@ Bobobabe,
Congrats !
How long did it take for the TRV to be issued after your medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:53am On Aug 10, 2010
@buchy321, oh ic, still weird though tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada by deneks4: 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2010
buchy321:

@ Bobobabe,
Congrats !
How long did it take for the TRV to be issued after your medicals?

wgwod dey, lol, see ehn, u no get choice o, u go gas wait ni. i don submit my application since june 8, and i still never hear anything from them, i bet they know best. the way bobobabe got his own might be different from urs o, thats what i have discovered,

everybody get hin own head o
Re: Travelling To Canada by barneli(m): 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2010
Hello pls can anyone give me advice on the skilled worker program, i want to know if its a possible to take a toefl test in place of an ielts to proof my proficiency in english language.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 3:34am On Aug 11, 2010
barneli:

Hello pls can anyone give me advice on the skilled worker program, i want to know if its a possible to take a toefl test in place of an ielts to proof my proficiency in english language.thanks
IELTS only!
Re: Travelling To Canada by bobobabe: 8:02am On Aug 11, 2010
@buchi, i was called for interview two weeks after my medical and the interview was based upon my immediate family i.e my wife and my daughter. My TRV was issued that day that means just 10 working days after my medical. Believe in HIM , They will surely grant u. it is well
Re: Travelling To Canada by rodolpho: 9:14am On Aug 11, 2010
Gentlemen,

It would seem as if the no of people who had been directed to do medical yet were not issued TRV within 4 or 5 weeks after has risen this year. I personally know four people who are patiently waiting for TRV after doing medicals.

Well I am perplexed because my school will resume in the next two weeks and this silence from the canadian high commission is hindering my preparation. just cant bring myself to prepare when I am still waiting for the visa to be issued.

I am thinking of doing a mail to my school to do a reminder to the High Commission, is that a wise move your sage advice will be welcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada by neroflick(m): 10:03am On Aug 11, 2010
buchy321:

@ Hotstepper,
Am goin for MPH at the uni. Of Saskatchewan.
Term 1 starts of with the introductory class, Foundations of PUb.Hlth from Aug 20 - Sep 3 and its compulsory for all incoming MPH students.
I pray for a positive response ASAP.
Thanks.

Hi Buchy321, nice to know ur heading to USask. I am planning to apply there for Fall 2011. Did u write GRE/Toefl? Did ur offer include any form of funding? I really hope you don't mind my asking; I just need to prepare adequately and weigh my options carefully. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada by rodolpho: 11:23am On Aug 11, 2010
Gentlemen,

It would seem as if the no of people who had been directed to do medical yet were not issued TRV within 4 or 5 weeks after has risen this year. I personally know four people who are patiently waiting for TRV after doing medicals.

Well I am perplexed because my school will resume in the next two weeks and this silence from the canadian high commission is hindering my preparation. just cant bring myself to prepare when I am still waiting for the visa to be issued.

I am thinking of doing a mail to my school to do a reminder to the High Commission, is that a wise move your sage advice will be welcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 2:18pm On Aug 11, 2010
If you haven't heard so close to your resumption date, GO TO THE HIGH COMMISSION and request to see someone.

It is too late to be calling and sending emails right now - stop 'waiting' and ACT.

Rodolpho and Buchy this is directed at you. . . .if you continue to wait, the date might just pass you by with no response.
Re: Travelling To Canada by buchy321(m): 7:17pm On Aug 11, 2010
@ neroflick,
U of S offers financial support for MPH students but its very competitive. They do not require GRE but TOEFL is optional.
A high score in TOEFL with a great undergrad record can get you some funding especially with the tuition.
Good luck and God willing we'll see in school.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 10:14pm On Aug 11, 2010
Folks;
After reading this wonderful thread, and applying for visa successfully (well ahead of time); I'm finally headed to Edmonton in about 2 weeks time.

Thanks y'all !!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanresz(m): 10:19pm On Aug 11, 2010
@Rare, welcome to Edmonton (The City of Champions). I hope you like the city.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:53pm On Aug 11, 2010
YAYYYYY! Congrats Rare, Wishing you journey mercies
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 2:10am On Aug 12, 2010
lanresz:

@Rare, welcome to Edmonton (The City of Champions). I hope you like the city.

@Lanresz, The city of champions? Any particular reason. Just curious.

How safe is it to travel with cash? Been thinking best way to carry money across.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:32am On Aug 12, 2010
@Rare, its safe nd u can carry up to $10,000, just keep it with you
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 11:35am On Aug 12, 2010
My employers won't let me be; bringing new job offers, mmmhhhhh. I really don't want to look back oohh. Confusion galore !!!

Why can't they believe me when I say I'll return.
Re: Travelling To Canada by deneks4: 12:40pm On Aug 12, 2010
Men, 49 working days,10 weeks, where is hope, peops i beg, what do u think.
@ rare, if u'r in the IT world, i can hold on to ur new job offer o, cuz am so confused now, resigned my job to go to skool,now 10 weeks and no reply.

is anyone here who applied after june 8th, and has done medicals, or do u know of anyone,
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanresz(m): 4:14pm On Aug 12, 2010
@Rare, Edmonton is called the city of champions because both the football club and the hockey club had won all the throphies possible. It is possible to travel with money just do as Hotstepper said.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2010
deneks4:

Men, 49 working days,10 weeks, where is hope, peops i beg, what do u think.
@ rare, if u'r in the IT world, i can hold on to your new job offer o, cuz am so confused now, resigned my job to go to skool,now 10 weeks and no reply.
is anyone here who applied after june 8th, and has done medicals, or do u know of anyone,

@Deneks4; you resigned before final visa decision? Is that called faith? Or you always hated the job.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bobobabe: 9:25am On Aug 13, 2010
@ Rare, are u going to university of alberta, if so gimme there too by september 7th because we need to continue the good network of nairaland.
good luck n see yaa at edmonton city.
Re: Travelling To Canada by etrader(m): 10:28am On Aug 13, 2010
Do you want to find yourself inside Canada in Less than 6 months, if Yes is your answer. You are advise to SEND YOUR EMPTY EMAIL ADDRESS TO THIS email Address Micro_lake@yahoo.com. let your SUBJECT BE " CANADA IN SIX MONTH"

Not every single trip involve money if you want to move an inches you need money.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 10:30am On Aug 13, 2010
bobobabe:

@ Rare, are u going to university of alberta, if so gimme there too by september 7th because we need to continue the good network of nairaland.
good luck n see yaa at edmonton city.

Yeah univ of alberta. Are u starting a program there this Fall as well?
If yes, how do we speak?
Re: Travelling To Canada by deneks4: 11:59am On Aug 13, 2010
Rare:

@Deneks4; you resigned before final visa decision? Is that called faith? Or you always hated the job.

@rare, lol. for a momin, u sounded like my mom, well my faith is still up o, and i never hated my job, ileft it cuz it was giving me 0sec to read for my CISSP, i still luv the job even now that am not workin.thats y i need tis, i guy, 2 years to prepare myself will be great,

@rare, do u know anyone who applied in later than june 4th and has a response yet, i mean any response, either negative or positive, cuz everybody seems to be on hold, i even saw someone who told me they don't do medicals no more.
Re: Travelling To Canada by 99dreamkid: 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2010
Hello people,
I've been out for a while. Hope every one is doing great. I am still waiting for a response from them since my medicals- its been two weeks now.

@ deneks 4, when i went for my medicals two weeks ago, I met someone who submitted on the 8th of June and he was there for his medicals as well. Maybe u should try calling them and sending e-mails. Better still, u can go to their office to find out what is slowing things down cos fall term is around d corner. Best of luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.