Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,155 members, 7,907,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:17 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (460102 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by tosinosho1992: 9:57am On Dec 14, 2010
@ charles

Whao!!! congrats brother, I am so happy for you. God indeed is a miracle worker, he that has begun a new thing in your life will surely bring it to perfection. So arise and shine for your light is come and the glory of God is risen upon you. Did you get funding/scholarship for your course?

All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2010
Thanks Harry, Lanreade, and Tosinosho

Yes I got a scholarship and I was also able to secure an appointment as a Graduate research assistant with my Prof.

Harry, Yes I can wait to feel the winter breeze.

Lanreade, Please I think will should meet at somewhere in Yaba or Ikeja , it is going to be the meeting of the successful Winter students in Nigeria. I know it will be great to meet fellow nairaland that are going to Canada for studies.

whoops, Tosinosho how I wish you will be there, if not that you are in UK. Anyway, is all well.

Am so happy about every thing. It is all about God. You need to see me fasting, praying and going to prayer services in church during all the trying times of application and Embassy wahala.

But now am happy planning for my trip. I don start buying some of the things I will take along.
Re: Travelling To Canada by nklove1: 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2010
@gel03,
do u know much about ULET. are they very expensive.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2010
U of Let is a good school, base on my research I will advice you to look for any other school in Alberta. Why not University of Alberta? But anyway U Of L is a good school I guess, if I can still remember , u need about 100 dollars for application and about 92 ibt in Toefl exam as a mandatory entry requirement for all international students.

Yea the tuition is moderately ok.

But please Google more about the school or simply visit their web site. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by nklove1: 3:22pm On Dec 14, 2010
@charlie
thanks bro for advice. am not bouyant enough, infact i will be responsible for my education over there and that's why am looking for a cheaper one in canada.
cheers!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by sosodat: 8:54pm On Dec 14, 2010
WHAOH!! GOD BE PRAISED!

The Lord has done it for me. I got my Student visa after my interview today at CDHC.

Jehovah I thank you. Am so happy. Prayer and fasting for almost 3 months, who said
God doesnt answer prayers. To God be all the glory. Windsor here I come.
Re: Travelling To Canada by gel03: 9:04pm On Dec 14, 2010
@ nk-love

i equally applied to uleth for mgt as a second degree( undergraduate degree to be completed in 2yrs). the reason is still because of my 2.2 degree. uleth undergraduate application fee is $75 but if i get both admission, i will go 4 memorial university of newfoundland and 4get uleth. i sent mails to various schools for graduate studies including uleth and i was told that they wont accept me with a 2.2.
Re: Travelling To Canada by gel03: 9:07pm On Dec 14, 2010
@ charlie 193, sosodat

congratulationsssssssssssssssssssssss. i am so happy happy for u both. TO GOD BE ALL D GLORY. we will join u guyz by fall 2011 by Gods special Grace.
Re: Travelling To Canada by biometrix: 10:30pm On Dec 14, 2010
SO sorry for abandoning ship on the forum. Landed in Canada on the 28th of Nov so as to beat the xmas rush which i did. Fair was just $1080 to Toronto. Men did anyone say Canada was cold? Nah it isn't, its freaking freezing and they say the good news is that is going to get worse, (how that is good news am still trying to figure out). Prepare b4 you come o, I wear double everything so i can keep my organs intact. Dont bring you normal shoe here oo. God and get better shoe way get teeth so u can walk on the slippery snow grounds. Bring lots of food that you can carry and try as much as possible to answer the questions as straight forward as possible at the port of entry. They will just confirm somethings and print out your study permit. if you have connecting flight know the carrier.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Laajman(m): 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2010
Glad for y'all.
If any of you is in Toronto, or comes around Toronto, drop me a line @ Laajman@yahoo.ca, and let's meet up.

Cheers,
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 4:02am On Dec 15, 2010
@ Biometrix,
that fair was really a good price. Was it a one way trip?, please link me up with the booking agent you use as soon as possible please. My email is engineer_harry@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 4:04am On Dec 15, 2010
@ Biometrix,
that fair was really a good price. Was it a one way trip?, please link me up with the booking agent you use as soon as possible please. My email is engineer_harry@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 4:22am On Dec 15, 2010
Help Help Help

Must someone pay full tuition before applying for visa or during the visa process? All this agents na wa oh. Please does that have received their visa, can you shed more light to the tuition thingy especially if you are going to first for PGD in a college first.

Tuition has been something that has not been fully analyzed in recent times. So gurus in the house please explain
Re: Travelling To Canada by pharmow: 8:55am On Dec 15, 2010
charlie193:

I am very sorry not coming to this Thread for sometime now. Am so sorry for that. I have been busy trying to fix everything fixable before,

Well, with all the red signals in my application I GOT MY VISA SOME WEEKS BACK

1. My Sponsor is not my father

2. My sponsor not base in Nigeria

3. My eyes defect

4. Many that I will still write about letter

The only green signal in my application is GOD GOD GOD, It was God that have done it for me. I will teach you a song at the end of this post that you will join me to sing for the glory of God

N.B I will post detail letter about how I started applying for schools, why I chose Canada University instead of the America University that gave me, how I got a scholarship, how I applied for the Visa, and how I have successfully booked the flight to Canada. I will be leaving 30th December.

Please I will post all the details letter.

Now the song, I hope you know how to sing it

My God is a miracle God
Our God is a Miracle God

He has never change
He will never change
He will do what he says he will do

He has never change
He will never change
He will do what he promise to do

I can see him working for my favour
I can see him fighting in my battle
I can see him moving in my miracles

He will do what he promise to do

Now let sing, My God is a miracle,

Charlie am so happy for your good news, having not heard from u for a while was actually giving me concern that may be there was something wrong not knowing that u were doing some underground works which resulted in this good news. considering the red signals in ur application, am sure u were feeling scared but can u now see that God is bigger than them. bro am happy for u.

former:

@Pharmow, I am 23 years, I had my GCE O' level result in year 2003 and 2004 respectively. Thanks

@ former sorry for not replying u since, i was quite busy. about ur age i think is still okay for application to undergraduate but my concern is d yr u finished. Can u give proof to show that u've been doin something since then? if yes, then i will still urge to go thru the entire thread so that u know requirement for application and useful links supplied by the gurus that will help u in ur application.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 9:18am On Dec 15, 2010
@All
Thank you all

@Pharmow

Yea, I am sacred of everything about my application, but I have seen truly that God pass them.

@Cuddlemi
You don't have to pay your tuition.

@Biometrix

How far now, tell us more about your experience so far in Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 10:17am On Dec 15, 2010
@charlie

I dont have to pay any tuition at all but some schools ask that you pay deposit or part. Then some ask that you pay a month before the program starts.

Shed more light please
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 15, 2010
Hi all,
please I need some clarifications on some questions,
I'm 23,got my waec & neco in 2003,currently a student of LASU PT.I intend to apply for a study permit in canada and I'll be starting the whole process in January,
1.Can I get a school that will give me admission without having to pay tuition?
2.I dont have a dime in my account but my sponsor will be my uncle.He is based in Canada and hes a citizen.He recently sponsored his 5 kids to canada.though i dont know exactly how he did it but they are all citizens now.
3.Do I need toefl? I just wrote the test and I have not got the score yet.
Please do I stand a chance of getting the permit as I dont have ANYTHING in terms of money.All I have is my original certificates and my yet to be released toefl, thanks all
Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 4:08pm On Dec 15, 2010
@ charlie193, wat a Song! song of Victory despite the reds.Wow. Congrats
@gel, did u apply to mun for a research program?if yes, av u gotten a supervisor.its pretty difficult getting one will accept to be my supervisor
@all, hello ever1, does any 1 know of any person that av been admitted to memorial university?does with 2.2 should consider the postgraduate programs .its easier to get admission than graduate program
@cuddlemii, what level are u in the processes ?admission or visa application.
Re: Travelling To Canada by gel03: 4:22pm On Dec 15, 2010
@ obietrix

i applied for a non- research course. Masters of Employment Relations. did u receive a hard copy acknowledment letter from mun? i did receive one at my office 2 weeks ago.
Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2010
@gel yes , I received mine a month ago from noseworthy .Just want to be sure if they give admission to those with 2.2 .
Re: Travelling To Canada by gel03: 4:35pm On Dec 15, 2010
@ obietrix

noseworthy told me B standing of naija equivalence is 50% (C/CD) or so. my cgpa is 2.97. whatz urs? i think they should accept 2.2 ooooooooooooo. what course did u apply for?
Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2010
Mine is 3.2, ya we both meet the minimum requirement but i learnt that admission slot for international student is limited and competitive.However i need that admission.
have u submitted notarised documents of ur credentials
Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 4:43pm On Dec 15, 2010
@gel.its masters of engineering oil and gas engineering.is ur application on the webpage complete
Re: Travelling To Canada by gel03: 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2010
@ Obietrix

God is God any day any time. Dont worry just keep faith we will get the admission. my main worry is the fact dat people say the place is extremely cold and i will be goin with my son who will be like 14months by then. but like i said, God dey cos i need the admission too.

No, my application is not complete yet o. i am still waiting for my transcript from Delsu. but i have the notarised copies ready to be sent. appraisals have been sent already.

what did u do about english proficiency? abi was it not on ur application status table on their website?
Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2010
@gel , English proficiency was not on my application profile page.i sent them my waec result and a scratch card .the English result there should do.

Dont worry about ur kid and the cold.I understand its cold out there but that will sorted out when u get there.

U also need to send the notarized copy of other documents quickly while waiting for delsu to send the transcript.these documents should get the before the application deadline.

God is in control
Re: Travelling To Canada by gel03: 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2010
@ Obietrix

i will do so before the end of this week or next. so your application is complete already?
Thanks for d concern. i know we will survive it.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 5:35pm On Dec 15, 2010
@obietrix

I dont think it matters what stage I am in, tuition is a vital topic which has not been fully addressed recently. So if you have any useful info abt tuition please let me know.

Everyone is in for the oil and gas engineering na wa oh. naijas like good thing, lol
Re: Travelling To Canada by MARCLEO(m): 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2010
hello nairalanders i have been following this thread for like 3months but now am forced to register and ask questions
cos i do not know how to handle this myself pls i also made a student visa application and i have been called up for medical examination, and its almost 4 weeks since i did my medicals.
i do see people who obtain their permit after two weeks after their medical examination, i really don't know what could have kept mine with them for so long, can anybody in the house offer me any advice on this, cos i was thinking of writing them to know what the problem is and besides its getting late pls any advice house
Re: Travelling To Canada by Dantecmu(m): 8:01pm On Dec 15, 2010
MARCLEO:

hello nairalanders i have been following this thread for like 3months but now am forced to register and ask questions
cos i do not know how to handle this myself pls i also made a student visa application and i have been called up for medical examination, and its almost 4 weeks since i did my medicals.
i do see people who obtain their permit after two weeks after their medical examination, i really don't know what could have kept mine with them for so long, can anybody in the house offer me any advice on this, cos i was thinking of writing them to know what the problem is and besides its getting late pls any advice house

Mr Mecleo you have been benefiting from this thread you have been reading people ask questions on what schools they could apply to and how to go about it, you haven't bothered to contribute 1 single line but instead you have been benefiting from other pples advice up until you have even gone for your medicals and now you only registered because you are stuck i find this your post selfish and nonsencicallllll (perdon ma grammar abeg i dey vex) your only concerned about yourself well i have an advice for you just in case your visa is granted when you get to canada learn to be your brothers keeper ok some of us have been there and if you carry this character am thinking you have then you might not really find Canada all rossyyy as imagined by you

NONSENCE
Re: Travelling To Canada by MARCLEO(m): 9:32pm On Dec 15, 2010
thats not fair you dont even know who i am and what i have done in life
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 4:34am On Dec 16, 2010
@ marcleo,
dont worry, you will get your VISA. I have seen some one who got his after one month from the time he did his medicals. If i may ask, when is your school starting ?. Also you might need to send them a mail so that you will know what is wrong or better still, if you stay in Lagos, you can go to the embassey to find out. It might be that a very small thing is delaying it and your appearance can help.
Re: Travelling To Canada by nklove1: 9:06am On Dec 16, 2010
pls house i was asked to do a post baccalaureate certificate in Accounting in Ulbridge first before i will be eligible for Msc in Accounting. am a HND holder. pls is any one aware of this baccalaureate because is not a known certificate in niga.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.