Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,986 members, 7,942,538 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:57 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (462268 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by thebaft: 9:35am On Dec 16, 2010
Can someone tell me where I can get the rankings of postgraduate schools in Canada? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada by nklove1: 9:41am On Dec 16, 2010
check university of letherbridge albata
Re: Travelling To Canada by nklove1: 11:25am On Dec 16, 2010
@gel03,
which method did u use in paying for ur application fee for that of Uleth. pls i want to apply but i dont know how to pay for the application. i learnt the application is $75 canadian dollar. pls reply
Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 11:38am On Dec 16, 2010
@Cuddlemii, U dont av to pay tuition before application for visa .However most instituition require u pay tuition fee intallmentally by semester or yearly before a certain deadline to keep ur place.
Most agents collects the full tuition payment to keep there commitment with these schools too,
@nk-love , a bacclaurate degree is equivalent to a bachelor degree hence a post bacclaurate in accouting is a post graduate certificate in accouting.
Re: Travelling To Canada by nklove1: 1:38pm On Dec 16, 2010
@obietrix, thanks so much for that explanation, i can now apply. u are darling
Re: Travelling To Canada by gel03: 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2010
@ nk-love

i apllied online and equally paid the application fee with a visa card online. remember its management as a second degree i applied for(undergraduate) but i will be given transfer credits from my first degree.
Re: Travelling To Canada by MARCLEO(m): 4:16pm On Dec 16, 2010
@harryman thanks a lot am happy you are not intoxicating, suffocating and repugnant like Dantecmu sorry for that but he dosent know me and yet he had to crucify me cos of something we only have to enjoy here on earth. well i think i will write them as soon as possible thanks again for you advice
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2010
@Marceleo

Just put all your trust in God. He will surprise you soon.

@ All

For all those that are in the stage of universities application, the truth is that you will get admission provided you meet the entry requirement of the school.

N.B, Please note that the sure way of getting an offer of admission for those of you that will be going for a research programme is to get a Professor from your department that will be willing to work with you, this can also open door to scholarship, grant and even immediate employment provided that you can present your self well well to the Prof, through your CV, TRANSCRIPT, GRE SCORE, STATEMENT OF PERSONAL PURPOSE, Emailing and any other research papers that you have been involve.

You don't need to apply to many school. Though I applied to three schools in Canada and three in the US, is all waste of application fee, cos most times you will get the admission provided you meet their entry requirement. I was admitted to all the six schools, then I have problem trying to select the one to go for,

Just apply to 2 schools, just make sure you meet their requirement. and you will be good to go.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 16, 2010
@charlie, please is there a way to apply for a pre degree course? I mean something like a foundation course before undergradute or can i just go for undergrad straight away.hope i wont need to pay tuition before visa application
Re: Travelling To Canada by biometrix: 8:16pm On Dec 16, 2010
I bought a one way ticket and i did some explanation as to why that was so in Nigeria airport. I went with Emirate. It was a very long,pleasant and smooth flight. Men they sure know how to care for their passengers, Went the long distance like Lagos-Dubai-Toronto. I didn't use any agent. I found it was cheaper. Toronto wasn't my final destination so i had to get on another flight(from air Canada carrier which i bought upon arrival not in b4).Google that if u are making connections so you will know .
On my experience in Canada well it has been really cool, i mean asides the cold, on a very sad note,The black folks here no dey try at alll!!!!!! I mean i have strong beef for them. In my humble opinion i think they are just childish. When i got here i always wanted to give a smile or a wave(courtesy) but on my campus every black dude they form 'bigger than thou'.I really don't know whats wrong. went to the Gym and the black dude there instead of attending to his own, just ignored himsef till a white guy came and gave me my kit. Am so very disappointed, seriously.
Some may say i didnt come to make friend but if this place is gonna be my home, the people b4 me should try to make friendship easy we are all 'immigrants' ooo there is no class the last time i checked, The native Canadian are lovely, i feel like a star,just be straight and out going they will love you. I get invited for dinners and meeting almost every day(now i have not started classes by the way). During xmas i ve a get2geda with a native family. I guess they see honesty cos they are really very good human lie detectors. My house mates are the best, Men, they drive me around shopping malls (just for window shopping sha oo), McDonald (na coffee i go drink only o!) and skating (well i didnt try that cos am not in the mood to brake my spinal cord.) Going for a football match soon but i know i these fun is just for now cos when i start work, hmmmn, notin for me.lol, I saw my first snow, but i no Bleep up, Like its said warri no dey carry last, if e too bad na bracket first!! I remained gallant but it was a beauty to behold, thats about it. The land is so organized and most of them pray to themsef or the government and sleep on sundays( what did i expect, they have it all in terms of infrastructures ), its easy to get used to that if ur not grounded in christ and rooted in God. On a final note,Remember the father of whose name you bear at all times!! I miss Naija already cos i be proper Ikeja, Adeniyi Jones Guy, God bless Nigeria!!! God Bless u all, compliments.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by MARCLEO(m): 8:34pm On Dec 16, 2010
@charliei93 thanks for the courage am faithful in him i try as much as i could to fast everyday at least 6-12, if not for my stomach ulcer it would have been longer well i just pray God answers me i just need to get out of here. look at the testimony by biometrix i feel like am already there, well may God help us all Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2010
@Choose4me

Yea, you can apply for a pre degree programme. There is one I personally know about that it is called University 1 at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg. You can check this web site for more info www.umanitoba.ca.

Also try to Google for more schools in Canada that does Pre- foundation degree programmes, check this website www.aucc.ca for the list of colleges and Universities in Canada.

Well, if I may ask do you just graduated from a secondary school here in Nigeria or you are in a University already? Please answer so I can know how best I can be of help to you.

But in all just be happy, cos it is very possible to go to Canada for a Pre- foundation programmes

@ Biometrix

Good to hear your story, but please don't let anybody's behavior , black or White, to bring your moral down, just enjoy your time in Canada. We all here are coming very soon.

@Marcleo

Just keep the feeling aglow, cos soon you will be there. Do you believe?

@!All

Please bear with me I am still compling the lists of all the documents I used for my application.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 16, 2010
@charlie,bros I no just finish secondary school oo.I finished in 2003 and had my waec & neco at one sitting but getting admission into uni has been a battle since then.I was forced to go for PT last year when time is running out.so now i'm in 100L pt and the damn school is on strike.I so fed up with everything.I will check out the sites thanks.please advice me now that you know my current educational status.I'm 23 by the way.
Re: Travelling To Canada by sosodat: 10:53pm On Dec 16, 2010
@MARCELO

Just keep praying, your visa is on the way. My own case was, I did Medicals in the last week of October, with no response for more than 5 weeks. Had to send them mail and 3 days after the mail I sent, the called me for an interview. It was just a small thing which the wanted to clear up that was holding up my stuff. Got it that day (3days ago) after the interview. So all is good. Just send them a mail, pray, believe and we will be hearing the good news from you here soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada by DisGuy: 11:20pm On Dec 16, 2010
When i got here i always wanted to give a smile or a wave(courtesy) but on my campus every black dude they form 'bigger than thou'.I really don't know whats wrong. went to the Gym and the black dude there instead of attending to his own, just ignored himsef till a white guy came and gave me my kit. Am so very disappointed, seriously.
Some may say i didnt come to make friend but if this place is gonna be my home, the people b4 me should try to make friendship easy we are all 'immigrants' ooo there is no class the last time i checked,

I dont think its bigger than thou, it's more of a mind your business, people find it funny when you wave or smile at them if you don't know them, you are not even friends with them you dey shine teeth especially as a male- if na me i go run sef, some will get the wrong impression, try it with female if your body still dey sweet you as jjc
come sef why u waving at strangers are you a tourist?

you cant tell people what to do, if you wanna make friend make friends with your course mate or hostel mate not with the dude at the gym *weird homo spotting location*

Join a society if you're bored
Re: Travelling To Canada by biometrix: 2:45am On Dec 17, 2010
Maybe you have a problem reading or understanding or maybe both cos i don't see a correlation with what i wrote and your silly and kinda absurd reply. I said i went to the gym, did i say anything about homo's?In my write up, did i in any phrase say i wanted to give people a de facto kinda behavior or thinking pattern?? Are you ok or are you just being intentionally dense? I was asked how it has been for ME and i gave my opinion (if you were educated enough you would have read the part were i said 'in my humble opinion') Am sure its people like you that form like say u no dey shit for Canada just to impress. Read a post, understand it, empathize with it b4 you start typing crap at something you didnt take time to understand.
Wanted to wave and waving hands are they the same? Do you think am looking to get layed or this is the first country i ve traveled to? JJC- very funny u would use a word like that cos it shows how u came in, your kinda background and mentality. The native Canadian give a wave at the bar, bus stop and church meetings does it mean that they are gay, homo's or looking for a stand?? What do you take humans for? I have made friends here in a short while, people that u w never dream of meeting just because of the right attitude. Well i feel you come from a very sad background and am sorry for you because if you still ve this kind of mentality as old or young as you are in this time and/age shame on your up bringing.U think say na everybody use community development fund come Canada like you? If your still a child grow up dude and get a tutor on critical thinking if u lack it!!!!. You can add manners and co ordination if you have the jaws for it.
Am a certified Project manager by the P.M.I Institute USA and trust me i cant be bored. only fools type the way you do, i pray u get a higher knowledge asap.

Dis Guy:

I dont think its bigger than thou, it's more of a mind your business, people find it funny when you wave or smile at them if you don't know them, you are not even friends with them you dey shine teeth especially as a male- if na me i go run sef, some will get the wrong impression, try it with female if your body still dey sweet you as jjc
come sef why u waving at strangers are you a tourist?

you cant tell people what to do, if you wanna make friend make friends with your course mate or hostel mate not with the dude at the gym *weird homo spotting location*

Join a society if you're bored
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2010
sosodat:

WHAOH!! GOD BE PRAISED!

The Lord has done it for me. I got my Student visa  after my interview today at CDHC.

Jehovah I thank you. Am so happy. Prayer and fasting for almost 3 months, who said
God doesnt answer prayers. To God be all the glory. Windsor here I come.

Am so happy for you,pls can you tell me how you got to the stage of getting the visa,am just planning to package my own document and send to the embassy but am thinking of using Maple.hit me back or betterstill try to let me your email address so with that I can communicate directly.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 17, 2010
@ charlie,
where are you o.please respond to my question
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 8:21am On Dec 17, 2010
Most your parents be your sponsor. What if you have a sponsor who has no family linkage to you, can you use that and how do I go about it. My mom doesnt have that kind of money in her account.
Re: Travelling To Canada by yemmii(m): 11:22am On Dec 17, 2010
Am adeyemi HND in business administration with lower credit, i need school in canada that offer PGD in tourism or public Administration and the fee should not be more than 1.5million
Re: Travelling To Canada by gel03: 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2010
@ yemmi u can check dalhouise university, halifax, nova scotia for graduate diploma in public administration.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cavad4real: 2:17pm On Dec 17, 2010
@all i just recieved an offer letter from a school and i want to start up with my travelling document as soon as possible.i need to know d necessary document for my application.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 2:34pm On Dec 17, 2010
@Cavad,

What school and course are you going for so that the gurus in the house can be more specific. I need directions too in that department.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2010
@cavad, did you pay any tuition before you got the offer and do answer cuddlemi's questions so you'll be better served
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 17, 2010
choose4me:

@charlie,bros I no just finish secondary school oo.I finished in 2003 and had my waec & neco at one sitting but getting admission into uni has been a battle since then.I was forced to go for PT last year when time is running out.so now i'm in 100L pt and the damn school is on strike.I so fed up with everything.I will check out the sites thanks.please advice me now that you know my current educational status.I'm 23 by the way.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cavad4real: 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2010
@cuddlemii my uncle in canada helped me out in getting the admission,school name is humber college.bussiness administration .he paid an application fee,and when the admission was given he told me to go get my documents ready.pls i need the necessary documents@ all gurus.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cavad4real: 4:31pm On Dec 17, 2010
@ song4me i did not pay any tuition what my uncle paid was only application fee abt 90 cad dollar.and after that they send my offer letter with other documents.the sch will start on may 2011 so i nid d necessary documents.@song@ wonderful gurus.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2010
@cavad, is it at undergraduate level or masters?i have an uncle in canada too that will do thesame but he wants to start in january.please how long did it take to get the admission and what certificates did you use.did you submit toefl?
I dont know much as i'm new to it too but i'll advise you google CDHC and check the student visa travel docs.you should get all you need there.I leave the rest to my ogas to help you further.
Re: Travelling To Canada by DisGuy: 8:42pm On Dec 17, 2010
Am a certified Project manager by the P.M.I Institute USA and trust me i cant be bored

Is that you own way of saying the usual- do you know who i am?  undecided

Cavad4real:

@all i just recieved an offer letter from a school and i want to start up with my travelling document as soon as possible.i need to know d necessary document for my application.thanks 

Would be nice if you read most of the thread (I know it's a lot but its well worth it-you can even become a guru) questions like these have already been answered several times
Re: Travelling To Canada by biometrix: 10:40pm On Dec 17, 2010
Dis Guy:

Is that you own way of saying the usual- do you know who i am?  undecided

Would be nice if you read most of the thread (I know it's a lot but its well worth it-you can even become a guru) questions like these have already been answered several times

Well i guess living in PH and in Brazil has made you gotten used to rat dung syndrome (Lassa fever is eminent). I tot you were well worth my earlier comment but after i found out whom u are, Its just like talking to a dumb-backside. I must apologize for its not in my nature to exchange words of writings with someone with your mind's set.

Just to add,Not everyone is as proud as you(u just dey show your xter) the statement also said [b]"so i cant be bored" [/b]in reply to your cynical statement of joining a society(If i wanted to sound my trumpet i would post my C.V herein but am not as myopic as you.). It also was meant to give you a clue that as a P.M, we deal more on communication management with people who are directly or indirectly connected to us, Its my job, whats yours in Brazil?I guess you miss all that just trying to remain as Dull as you were @ PH. I also see your the moderator in this forum, keep your job that way and moderate adequately but in doing that don't you EVER ENGAGE IN WHAT I TERM A DIRECT SLIGHT ON A STATEMENT OR PERSONALITY.

Grow-up boy, The world has been watching you being silly@ home, abroad and now herein(pitty) cry
Re: Travelling To Canada by gel03: 11:00pm On Dec 17, 2010
@ biometrix

please pardon those that dont know how to address people. its ok.
Re: Travelling To Canada by biometrix: 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2010
gel03:

@ biometrix

please pardon those that dont know how to address people. its ok.

Yea, i think it's ok. thanks alot

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.