Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,445 members, 7,971,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 12:42 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (464025 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 8:22am On Feb 06, 2011
@ alikote,

Nineteen thousand, nine hundred and ninety nine dollars for just tuition but there are other fees and living expense fees summing up to twenty seven thousand something CAN dollars.

Best of luck
Re: Travelling To Canada by phar897: 5:26pm On Feb 08, 2011
@cuddlemii

I was also interested in Lambton College before I got know about the tuition. Just too outrageous for such program. I read one of your previous post and realized you ve gotten another college/university admission in Calgary. I'm also interested, pls whats the name of the college/uni??

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fhemmmy: 2:45am On Feb 09, 2011
Cuddlemii:

@ alikote,

Nineteen thousand, nine hundred and ninety nine dollars for just tuition but there are other fees and living expense fees summing up to twenty seven thousand something CAN dollars.

Best of luck

What course is this?
Re: Travelling To Canada by omasi97: 4:48am On Feb 09, 2011
I intend moving to Toronto by March, is it possible to get a $150 per month one room apartment, somewhere that is walking distance to a bus stop.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 9:44am On Feb 09, 2011
Fhemmmy:

What course is this?

Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Professional Programme at Lambton College. A very good one if you have the cash as most the job prospect is off the hook.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Olamilec(m): 5:44pm On Feb 09, 2011
Please can anybody tell me Canadian University or College that the school fees is not much and the accommodation. And maybe the school that will not require SAT or TOELF
Re: Travelling To Canada by audrey001: 7:08pm On Feb 09, 2011
omasi97:

I intend moving to Toronto by March, is it possible to get a $150 per month one room apartment, somewhere that is walking distance to a bus stop.

at poster, are u joking me? $150/month for one bedroom?? pls budget at least $500
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fhemmmy: 3:32am On Feb 10, 2011
audrey001:

at poster, are u joking me? $150/month for one bedroom?? pls budget at least $500

500$$ would be when you are sharing like a 2 bedroom or a 3 bedroom with people.
See the clause he has there, close to the bus stop
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fhemmmy: 3:34am On Feb 10, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Professional Programme at Lambton College. A very good one if you have the cash as most the job prospect is off the hook.

Already have a career, sir.
I just asked cos of the cost you associated to the program, but them, i forgot that would be the price for the international students . . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fhemmmy: 3:35am On Feb 10, 2011
Olamilec:

Please can anybody tell me Canadian University or College that the school fees is not much and the accommodation. And maybe the school that will not require SAT or TOELF

What is not much to you, monetize the question and people might be able to be of help . . . .to some people 10K$$ is not much and to some people, not much starts from 500K$$ . . . so give more info
Re: Travelling To Canada by galex86: 6:56am On Feb 10, 2011
Hi great people, kindly put me thru the cost of flight ticket to canada,precisely aberta am going for 3 months visit,am waiting for my visa to come out.i like also to be educated on the air line one can take.i have not been there before so as i know how am preparing.any other information i shall need to know kindly advice me now. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 12:00am On Feb 11, 2011
galex86:

Hi great people, kindly put me thru the cost of flight ticket to canada,precisely aberta am going for 3 months visit,am waiting for my visa to come out.i like also to be educated on the air line one can take.i have not been there before so as i know how am preparing.any other information i shall need to know kindly advice me now. Thanks

Use Emirate, it is cheaper
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Feb 11, 2011
galex86:

Will advice you go in the Summer so as to be able to enjoy your visit.
I am used to KLM or BA . . . I am not saying others are not good, but i just enjoy their service
If you really wanna save money, fly to Toronto and finish the rest of the Journey using a Bus with that you would see a lot of good scenery, if you are the type that enjoy nature.
Re: Travelling To Canada by galex86: 6:22pm On Feb 11, 2011
Like how much will the ticket flight to canada cost,kindly let me please
Re: Travelling To Canada by sunky644(m): 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2011
@jaga jaga, i'm afraid there is no vacancy, infact to compound the whole issue my boss just laid off some of our sales rep, just keep following your application, if your package is well arranged you will surely get the admission if you meet their requirement which i think you should. is Norway still doing this their free tuition stuff?
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2011
@ Olamilec, there are many other universities across Canada that you can explore. The problem is that most people tend to gravitate towards Ontario and part of western Canada. The reality of the matter is if you try Eastern Canada, Nova Scotia in particular, the are are many great institution of learning that are world class in comparison. However, the reality of the matter is if you're not a permanent resident or a Canadian, tuition will almost always be expensive no matter where you go as a result of what is known as differential payment. You can offset part of the cost (at least for your living expenses) by working off campus (international students are now allowed to work off campus in some occupations).

Some of the universities out here in the east that you can explore included but not limited to:
Dalhousie Unviveristy - www.dal.ca (one of the best universities in Canada - arts, sciences, medicine, engineering etc)
St Mary's University - www. smu.ca (great for business programs - MBA especially)
St Francis Xavier - www.stfx.ca
Mount Saint Vincent University - www.msvu.ca (a great place to go for Education programs)
Acadia University - www.acadiau.ca
Nova Scotia College of Art and Design - www.nscad.ca
Cape Breton University - www.cbu.ca
Nova Scotia Agricultural College - www.nsac.ca

These are the main publicly funded universities in Nova Scotia.

If you're also contemplating Diploma Programs, you can check out the Nova Scotia Community College - www.nscc.ca

The key thing is knowing exactly what it is you want to do, that way  the choice of institution will be made easier. I should also mention that cost of leaving on the East Coast is not as outrageous as it is in Ontario especially Toronto.

For those that are interested in coming to the East Coast, talk to me, and I can be able to guide you appropriately - canadaforum@hotmail.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada by gel03: 12:17pm On Feb 17, 2011
@ debosky

Please drop ur email add in my box chims003@yahoo.co.uk so dat i can respond to ur last post on page 85. Uleth has given me admission though DHL has not delivered d admission package to me so i wld not know if its d mgt as a second degree i was admitted to or d certificate program. The second degree was my first choice when i was applying anyway.
Re: Travelling To Canada by aocecelle: 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2011
@all, can sum1 give me list of universities in any of the canadian province that offers INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY apart from YORK
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 4:16pm On Feb 17, 2011
@aocecelle. When you say Information Technology you've got to be more specific. Moreover, at what level are you considering this degree - undergrad, grad, post-grad. IT is a very diverse vocation.

As listed in my previous post, if you're looking on the East Coast of Canada, I believe you may want to check out Dalhousie University as they offer a few IT based program both at the undergrad and graduate level. And I believe almost all of the other university will offer some form of Information Technology program. Again, it all depends on what you mean by "Information Technology"
Re: Travelling To Canada by babsharon(m): 11:27pm On Feb 17, 2011
hello house, how can someone send secondary school transcript to a college, very urgent plsssssss
Re: Travelling To Canada by marvis32: 11:30pm On Feb 17, 2011
Hello House i want to go for IATA Training & Development Institute course (Air Cargo Management)
in Canada, is it possible to get a visa to study this course? plz kindly advise me,
Re: Travelling To Canada by aocecelle: 7:03am On Feb 18, 2011
@ayoalade i intend doing Msc in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY in the following areas A. management information system B. information systems C. information systems security or information assurance and security
options A and C will be appreciated if u can do justice to it.
one love
Re: Travelling To Canada by goldenval(m): 11:18am On Feb 18, 2011
His quest to relocate abroad and drop the shackles of poverty pushed him to the extreme of desperation. Rasheed Adekola was arrested on Tuesday at the Canadian embassy for submitting 17 fake documents in order to obtain a student visa to Canada, TOYOSI OGUNSEYE reports.

ONE, two, three, four, five…, 17! That was the number of forged documents submitted by Rasheed Adekola at the Canadian Embassy in Lagos in order to obtain a student visa.

That was not his first time. Adekola started applying for the visa in 2009 and had applied four times. Each time he submitted his application materials and was denied, he always returned with more documents to convince the officials at the visa section that he was worthy of it.

It wasn’t as if the officials at the embassy were ignorant of Adekola’s antics from the beginning. In fact, they knew the documents he submitted during his first application were not genuine but they decided to ignore him hoping that he would stop.

A source at the embassy who did not want his name mentioned said that when the embassy gets fake documents, they deny the applicant visa hoping that the person will not bother applying again. “It usually works because they spend a lot of money obtaining the documents and they are usually not eager to spend that amount of money when we turn down their request,” he said.

Adekola was however different. He refused to give up and his application soon became a regular one at the embassy. After he applied the fourth time, officials at the embassy decided that they had had enough of him.

What piqued them the most was that Adekola submitted a certificate of scholarship from the Kano State government. The purported certificate from the Kano government read that Adekola had been given scholarship worth over $80,000 to study business administration at the Acadia University, Canada.

So, they invited him for an interview. When Adekola got the letter of interview from the embassy, he was very excited; that was the first time he was getting a ‘positive’ response from the embassy.

He couldn’t wait to visit the embassy on the appointment day which was last Tuesday. He appeared in his best attire and answered all the questions he was asked with confidence.

The interview however turned sour after the interviewer accused 28-year-old Adekola of submitting fake documents. Initially, he denied the allegation vehemently; unknown to him that the embassy had alerted the police to arrest him.

While he was still denying the allegation, a policeman from the Special Fraud Unit, Milverton, Ikoyi, Lagos, stepped into the interviewing room and arrested Adekola.

The 17 documents submitted by the suspect included a diploma certificate from the National Centre for Economic Management and Administration, a certificate of achievement from KarRox for successfully completing Oracle 10g, a first school leaving certificate from the Lagos State government, a school leaving certificate and testimonial from Abibat Mogaji Millennium Senior Secondary School.

Other data submitted by him were a birth certificate from Mushin local government, notification of result from the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, a scholarship certificate from the Kano State government, a desktop publishing certificate from Omega computer village and identity cards from Federal polytechnic, Ilaro and NCEMA.

Adekola however told SUNDAY PUNCH that not all the documents were forged. According to him, it was one Ibrahim Ogundele that offered to obtain the documents for him at no cost until he received the visa.

He said, “I finished secondary school in 2004 and I have been trying to gain admission into the university since then. In 2006, the Lagos State University offered me admission to study business administration but I did not have money to pay my school fees so I let it go.”

Adekola, who lives with his elder brother and does menial jobs said that Ogundele, offered to assist him to seek for greener pastures outside the country. He said, “Ogundele is like a big brother in our neighbourhood at Shasha. He told me that he has been assisting people to get visas and I decided to try my luck too. Even though he said that he would do it for free, I used to give him money occasionally. From 2009 to date, I have given him N55, 000.”

Adekola further said that he did not know that Ogundele gave him forged papers, “That was why I had the confidence to go to the embassy for the interview. If I knew that they were not genuine, I would not have appeared. When Ogundele said that he was going to help me, I did not know that he would offer me forged documents.”

The suspect stated that only his secondary school and computer skills certificates were genuine. He said, “Ogundele said I should give him all the documents I have because he would need them to procure other documents. I even told him that I was going to the West African Examinations Council to collect my original certificate but he offered to go for me. Unknown to me, what he got for me was not genuine.”

Other documents Ogundele allegedly gave Adekola were a Will that was purportedly written by Adekola’s late father giving the suspect two choice properties in Lagos, a Toyota jeep and Harvestfield Industries Ltd; forged shares certificates from Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc and Oando Plc; forged Lagos state certificates of occupancy, among others.

Adekola, however, told our correspondent that his late father did not bequeath him with any of such properties and that everything was a figment of Ogundele’s imagination.

Adekola will soon be charged to court and made to face the consequences of his actions alone as Ogundele relocated to the United Kingdom last September.

Adekola and some of the fake documents

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201101160285962
Re: Travelling To Canada by Laajman(m): 4:24pm On Feb 18, 2011
Hello Folks!
Does anyone know any Universities in Canada that do not require the GMAT/GRE for
MBA/MSc (Business/Finance related) programmes.

I'd appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

P.S-- I'm interested in only Universities, and not Colleges.
Re: Travelling To Canada by olatiler(m): 10:51pm On Feb 18, 2011
@All! Am a professional TILER, i mean a TILES LAYER, i will like to TRAVEL ABROAD, pls & pls were do you advise me to GO? I mean were i can continue my job

Re: Travelling To Canada by olatiler(m): 11:05pm On Feb 18, 2011
More of my work

Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 6:18pm On Feb 19, 2011
goldenval:

His quest to relocate abroad and drop the shackles of poverty pushed him to the extreme of desperation. Rasheed Adekola was arrested on Tuesday at the Canadian embassy for submitting 17 fake documents in order to obtain a student visa to Canada, TOYOSI OGUNSEYE reports.

Adekola will soon be charged to court and made to face the consequences of his actions alone as Ogundele relocated to the United Kingdom last September.

Adekola and some of the fake documents

@all,
every1 with the intention of applying to any embassy at all let alone Canadian embassy should learn from Adekola.Its always better to submit legit documents than fake documents.
complete documents won't grant u visa if God hand is not there.A word is enough for the wise

@babsharon
yes u can submit secondary school transcript only if it is required by the university or u are applying for a post secondary programme (undergraduate)
Re: Travelling To Canada by aocecelle: 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2011
@ayoalade,Delta007,cull where r u guyz i need you hommies help here men
Re: Travelling To Canada by pharmow: 9:53pm On Feb 20, 2011
goldenval:

ONE, two, three, four, five…, 17! That was the number of forged documents submitted by Rasheed Adekola at the Canadian Embassy in Lagos in order to obtain a student visa.

@ goldenval thanks for the information, I hope this will serve as a good lesson to those that believe they must travel out of the country by all means by providing fake documents. I pray that this would not make the embassy to be too strict on us that want to apply genuinely
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 12:57am On Feb 21, 2011
@ all, I have decided to answer everyone that has posted some questions on this page, and hopefully this will be of great assistance for you all.

@goldenval, thanks for posting that article. I hope everyone can learn from that and do things the right way.

@aocecelle – there are many institutions offering the programs you have posted here. I’ve done a search of the database of the Association of Canadian Universities and Colleges (www.aucc.ca). The database website search link is http://oraweb.aucc.ca/pls/dcu/dcu_e2?REF_ID=79945203&SORT_BY=1

You will probably be looking at the following institutions based on the result:
Athabasca University – MSc, Information Systems
Concordia University – Master of Information Systems Security and Management
Carleton University – Master of Infrastructure protection and International Security, Master of Information and Systems Science
University of Ontario Institute of Technology – Master of Information Technology Security

So, basically if you go through that database link it should provide you with all of the information you require per the programs and the institutions.  Should you require further assistance, feel free to contact me directly at canadaforum@hotmail.ca

@olatiler – You will certainly qualify to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency under the Skills Worker program. Based on the information you have provided, you will be eligible under Skill Level B. Now, having said that, all other requirements will have to be fulfilled. Feel free to contact me at canadaforum@hotmail.ca if you require further assistance and advise on how to proceed with the skill worker application process. In the meantime, you can go through this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/tool/tool_01h.asp

@Laajman – GMAT are usually required by most institutions for MBA programs especially for International Students. Having said that, each application are accessed individually but I will advise you to have a GMAT as this will make your application more competitive. Per GRE, not sure if it is a general requirement across board, however, you can consult the schools about this. I’ve included this link for you, which is the Association of Universities and Colleges in Canada, this will give you a database of all the institutions that will offer the programs in questions (MBA and MSc Business/Finance) - http://oraweb.aucc.ca/dcu_e.html . Should you require further assistance and information, e-mail me at canadaforum@hotmail.ca

@babsharon – Secondary School transcripts can be sent directly to the schools if you can obtain an official transcripts from WAEC (only official transcripts, no photocopies, no un-official results). Preferable, you may want WAEC to send it directly to them but knowing the inefficiency in our country, you may want to get the official results and send it directly (in a sealed envelope) to the college you are applying to. Contact me directly if you require further assistance (canadaforum@hotmail.ca)

@marvis32 – since this is a short term course, per Canadian Immigration requirements, you may not actually need a student visa to take the course. You will have to check the IATA website to see schedule of upcoming courses. Most of the trainings in Canada are held in Montreal. Here is a link to the IATA website. http://www.iata.org/training/pages/calendar.aspx . You may want to look at all of the courses  that will take place in Montreal and based on that you can be able to obtain a visiting visa, however, it is generally recommended to try and obtain a study permit, in case your study period goes beyond the anticipated time. So, to answer your question, it may be advantageous to apply for a study permit once you’ve determine which courses you are going to apply for. Read more about study visa in Canada http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-who.asp. Feel free to contact me at canadaforum@hotmail.ca if you require further assistance.
Re: Travelling To Canada by ebus82: 3:21am On Feb 21, 2011
@ thebaft, I read abt ur visa application and obtaining ur visa, please could you send me a list of the documents you submitted, i'm going for a short course of 1 month and have to apply for a visitors visa, my company will be sponsoring me and i already have a letter of acceptance from the institute, what documents will i need to provide from my company and my own personal docuements, please reply to my email jude_kd@yahoo.com,,,,,,,,,,i intend submitting my application 1st of March 2011, please kindly assist.
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 5:15am On Feb 21, 2011
@ all, I have decided to answer everyone that has posted some questions on this page, and hopefully this will be of great assistance for you all.

@goldenval, thanks for posting that article. I hope everyone can learn from that and do things the right way.

@aocecelle – there are many institutions offering the programs you have posted here. I’ve done a search of the database of the Association of Canadian Universities and Colleges (www.aucc.ca). The database website search link is http://oraweb.aucc.ca/pls/dcu/dcu_e2?REF_ID=79945203&SORT_BY=1

You will probably be looking at the following institutions based on the result:
Athabasca University – MSc, Information Systems
Concordia University – Master of Information Systems Security and Management
Carleton University – Master of Infrastructure protection and International Security, Master of Information and Systems Science
University of Ontario Institute of Technology – Master of Information Technology Security

So, basically if you go through that database link it should provide you with all of the information you require per the programs and the institutions. Should you require further assistance, feel free to contact me directly at canadaforum@hotmail.ca

@olatiler – You will certainly qualify to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency under the Skills Worker program. Based on the information you have provided, you will be eligible under Skill Level B. Now, having said that, all other requirements will have to be fulfilled. Feel free to contact me at canadaforum@hotmail.ca if you require further assistance and advise on how to proceed with the skill worker application process. In the meantime, you can go through this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/tool/tool_01h.asp

@Laajman – GMAT are usually required by most institutions for MBA programs especially for International Students. Having said that, each application are accessed individually but I will advise you to have a GMAT as this will make your application more competitive. Per GRE, not sure if it is a general requirement across board, however, you can consult the schools about this. I’ve included this link for you, which is the Association of Universities and Colleges in Canada, this will give you a database of all the institutions that will offer the programs in questions (MBA and MSc Business/Finance) - http://oraweb.aucc.ca/dcu_e.html . Should you require further assistance and information, e-mail me at canadaforum@hotmail.ca

@babsharon – Secondary School transcripts can be sent directly to the schools if you can obtain an official transcripts from WAEC (only official transcripts, no photocopies, no un-official results). Preferable, you may want WAEC to send it directly to them but knowing the inefficiency in our country, you may want to get the official results and send it directly (in a sealed envelope) to the college you are applying to. Contact me directly if you require further assistance (canadaforum@hotmail.ca)

@marvis32 – since this is a short term course, per Canadian Immigration requirements, you may not actually need a student visa to take the course. You will have to check the IATA website to see schedule of upcoming courses. Most of the trainings in Canada are held in Montreal. Here is a link to the IATA website. http://www.iata.org/training/pages/calendar.aspx . You may want to look at all of the courses that will take place in Montreal and based on that you can be able to obtain a visiting visa, however, it is generally recommended to try and obtain a study permit, in case your study period goes beyond the anticipated time. So, to answer your question, it may be advantageous to apply for a study permit once you’ve determine which courses you are going to apply for. Read more about study visa in Canada http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-who.asp. Feel free to contact me at canadaforum@hotmail.ca if you require further assistance

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.