Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,513 members, 7,911,242 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 08:11 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (460458 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by judenum: 1:06pm On Feb 21, 2011
Hi, @ALL. am a newbie, pls does any one in the house know of any other sch that accept 2.2 apart from memorial university of newfoundland. i am intrested in doing Msc earthscience or petroleum engineering. pls reply ASAP.
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 2:21pm On Feb 21, 2011
@house,please i want to know if i can lodge my application pretty soon,like March or April latest,i already have my offer letter and other documents.
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 6:19pm On Feb 21, 2011
I have tried to post this response again after being banned for spamming. This response will be very helpful to those who have posted questions on this thread. Let's hope this message goes through this time around.

@goldenval, thanks for posting that article. I hope everyone can learn from that and do things the right way.

@aocecelle – there are many institutions offering the programs you have posted here. I’ve done a search of the database of the Association of Canadian Universities and Colleges (www.aucc.ca). The database website search link is http://oraweb.aucc.ca/pls/dcu/dcu_e2?REF_ID=79945203&SORT_BY=1

You will probably be looking at the following institutions based on the result:
Athabasca University – MSc, Information Systems
Concordia University – Master of Information Systems Security and Management
Carleton University – Master of Infrastructure protection and International Security, Master of Information and Systems Science
University of Ontario Institute of Technology – Master of Information Technology Security

So, basically if you go through that database link it should provide you with all of the information you require per the programs and the institutions.  Should you require further assistance, feel free to contact me directly at canadaforum@hotmail.ca

@olatiler – You will certainly qualify to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency under the Skills Worker program. Based on the information you have provided, you will be eligible under Skill Level B. Now, having said that, all other requirements will have to be fulfilled. Feel free to contact me at canadaforum@hotmail.ca if you require further assistance and advise on how to proceed with the skill worker application process. In the meantime, you can go through this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/tool/tool_01h.asp

@Laajman – GMAT are usually required by most institutions for MBA programs especially for International Students. Having said that, each application are accessed individually but I will advise you to have a GMAT as this will make your application more competitive. Per GRE, not sure if it is a general requirement across board, however, you can consult the schools about this. I’ve included this link for you, which is the Association of Universities and Colleges in Canada, this will give you a database of all the institutions that will offer the programs in questions (MBA and MSc Business/Finance) - http://oraweb.aucc.ca/dcu_e.html . Should you require further assistance and information, e-mail me at canadaforum@hotmail.ca

@babsharon – Secondary School transcripts can be sent directly to the schools if you can obtain an official transcripts from WAEC (only official transcripts, no photocopies, no un-official results). Preferable, you may want WAEC to send it directly to them but knowing the inefficiency in our country, you may want to get the official results and send it directly (in a sealed envelope) to the college you are applying to. Contact me directly if you require further assistance (canadaforum@hotmail.ca)

@marvis32 – since this is a short term course, per Canadian Immigration requirements, you may not actually need a student visa to take the course. You will have to check the IATA website to see schedule of upcoming courses. Most of the trainings in Canada are held in Montreal. Here is a link to the IATA website. http://www.iata.org/training/pages/calendar.aspx . You may want to look at all of the courses  that will take place in Montreal and based on that you can be able to obtain a visiting visa, however, it is generally recommended to try and obtain a study permit, in case your study period goes beyond the anticipated time. So, to answer your question, it may be advantageous to apply for a study permit once you’ve determine which courses you are going to apply for. Read more about study visa in Canada http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-who.asp. Feel free to contact me at canadaforum@hotmail.ca if you require further assistance
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 7:43pm On Feb 21, 2011
guddylover:

@house,please i want to know if i can lodge my application pretty soon,like March or April latest,i already have my offer letter and other documents.
The earlier the better.
Re: Travelling To Canada by pharmow: 8:08pm On Feb 21, 2011
Hello guys, I need your help on writing of "letter of intent", anybody that has an example should please send to my email femcast@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by gel03: 8:23pm On Feb 21, 2011
@ Delta, debosky

I received my admission package from Uleth. It includes offer of admission, acceptance letter for visa application and a program planning guide but they stated dat after i have been granted study visa, i should contact one lady to accept d offer. They did not state any deposit. Is it normal please?
Re: Travelling To Canada by ebus82: 11:43pm On Feb 21, 2011
@ delta, sup bro. pls i need ur help in documentation required for visiting visa to cana, my company will be assisting me wit documents for a short course of one month and i dont know what documents from my company to tender, i have just my acceptance letter from the institute in canada, please advise.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 2:44am On Feb 22, 2011
gel03:

@ Delta, debosky

I received my admission package from Uleth. It includes offer of admission, acceptance letter for visa application and a program planning guide but they stated dat after i have been granted study visa, i should contact one lady to accept d offer. They did not state any deposit. Is it normal please?

No deposit stated is absolutely normal.
You must show evidence of amount stated for tuition & living expenses. You do not need to show any commitment towards it.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Bankijey(m): 8:06am On Feb 22, 2011
pls is it possible to get a canadian university where i can spend bout 15-20K USD? For everything(tuition,acc,feedin,clothin,etc) for an engineerin bsc.? If yes pls i need help with d names of schools! Thanks loadz
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 3:32pm On Feb 22, 2011
@ All, I have taken my time to answer most of the questions here on this post but each time I've tried, I've ended being blocked because the system claims I'm spamming. Not sure how else to help if I cannot, at least, provide detailed and useful information. Not sure how else I can be able to else if everytime I post I end up being banned

@ Bankijey, when you say everything, are you talking annually? As an International student, you're probably looking at spending close to that amount just for your first year. There are certainly many options open for you here. You can check out the associaiton of Universities and Colleges in Canada which will give you a good overview of different schools and the progams offered www.aucc.ca

@judenum. 2.2 is a tough GPA when you want to be competitive. Even with MUN, that is probably the bear minimum and you're probably competiting with other students with higher GPA. You can check out the website that I stated above to see if there are other schools apart from MUN that would accept 2.2 for an MSc.

@olatiler, based on the information you have provided, you can certainly qualify to immigrate to Canada under the skilled Worker Catergory. I believe your skill category will be Skill Worker B. Review the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website and you will get detailed information on there. Feel free to contact me if you require my assistance.

@Laajman, most universities here in Canada will require a GMAT for MBA, but having said that, most are also flexible in their admission process as they tend to look at other factors. I will recommend checking out the website that I had stated above to see if there is a match for your request.

@aocelle, there are many univerisities that will offer this program - Carleton in Ottawa, Athabasca in Alberta, I will advise you to review the website of the Asscoation of Univesities and Colleges in Canada and you should be able to find more institution. Here is a link for you to check http://oraweb.aucc.ca/dcu_e.html
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 22, 2011
Hello house, i must admit that you guys are doing a great job here, giving info that people pay for in seminars. KUDOS. i'm having a little problem here, after all my research for a good school in canada, i settled for carleton university reason because ive passed all d entry requirement to study MSc Information and System science. while tryin to apply, they said i'll have to fill a pre-screening form before i could apply to carleton. Please whats my chance, 3.52/5.00. BSc Computer Science. And also how is carleton in terms of admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 3:35am On Feb 23, 2011
@ Lilema, Carleton generally requires an average of B to be considered for a graduate studies. However, you'll have to remember that you're competing with other students who may have scores above the average. So, I would say the only way to find out is to try and go through the admission process first. Nevertheless you should also bear in mind that graduate studies take into consideration other aspects of your life not just academic, I wish you all the best, hope to see you in Canada soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Bankijey(m): 6:59am On Feb 23, 2011
if i spend that amount in the first year(let's say 18k USD)Would it get higher or lower?av always preferred university of manitoba.got friends there!
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 3:43pm On Feb 23, 2011
@ Bankijey, well, it all depends. Generally Tuition in Canada tends to increase on an annual basis unless where a freeze has been put in place. However, the good news is that we are talking about an increase of hundreds of dollars (not thousand). You may be interested in reading this report provided by Statistics Canada with respect to Tuition rates in Canada - http://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quotidien/091020/dq091020b-eng.htm

Moreover, one other way to go in order to save cost will be to live off campus, that way you can rent an apartment (may be a room or even find those who are looking for student for room and board (a situation where your rent includes feeding and accommodation - the only problem may be not liking the food they provide). You may actually be glad to know based on the referenced report above that Manitoba was one of the provinces that froze tuition in 2009. Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any question you may have
Re: Travelling To Canada by slamdunk99(m): 7:57pm On Feb 23, 2011
Guys, Nice to see the good work you are all doing.
I am new to the forum. I applied for a Masters degree in Uni. of British Columbia. But going through the pages of the forum I have really not seen much talk about the school or don't they offer Nig applicants admission? I applied for an MPH for Fall.
Well, if I am admitted, how do I proof ties to my country, The only things I have are a history of travelling to US for a clinicall rotation (during undergrad) and returning, and an official letter stating my qualification for medical residency in Nigeria. Pls reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2011
@slamdunk99, well, for a starter, I do not live in BC and I never attended BC so, that could be a good reason for not mentioning it here on the forum. I live here in Nova Scotia which is on the East Coast of Canada and BC is on the West Coast (a time difference of 4 hours for a starter, and also about 7 hours of flying between the two provinces). So, as you can see Canada is such a humongous country! Nevertheless, Unversity of BC is still an awesome university, considered to be one of the top universities here in Canada.

Now about providing the proof of your ties to Nigeria, first of all, the main reason for this is to ensure that you are going to RETURN to Nigeria after your studies. So if you're unable to convince the immigration officer that you will be returning to Nigeria, it doesn't matter if you have been given an admission, they can still very much deny your visa application. So, in this situation, if you are married, and may be married with children, that could be a valid reason for you to return to Nigeria upon the completion of your program. If you are employed and coming to study in Canada on a leave of absence and if your employer are in support of the program you're intending to study, it is also a proof that you have strong ties to Nigeria and you will be returning to your job once you've completed your studies. So, I'm sure you get the picture. Anything that will solidify the fact that you're not planning to stay in Canada will suffice.
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 7:22am On Feb 24, 2011
ayoalade:

@slamdunk99, well, for a starter, I do not live in BC and I never attended BC so, that could be a good reason for not mentioning it here on the forum. I live here in Nova Scotia which is on the East Coast of Canada and BC is on the West Coast (a time difference of 4 hours for a starter, and also about 7 hours of flying between the two provinces). So, as you can see Canada is such a humongous country! Nevertheless, Unversity of BC is still an awesome university, considered to be one of the top universities here in Canada.

Now about providing the proof of your ties to Nigeria, first of all, the main reason for this is to ensure that you are going to RETURN to Nigeria after your studies. So if you're unable to convince the immigration officer that you will be returning to Nigeria, it doesn't matter if you have been given an admission, they can still very much deny your visa application. So, in this situation, if you are married, and may be married with children, that could be a valid reason for you to return to Nigeria upon the completion of your program. If you are employed and coming to study in Canada on a leave of absence and if your employer are in support of the program you're intending to study, it is also a proof that you have strong ties to Nigeria and you will be returning to your job once you've completed your studies. So, I'm sure you get the picture. Anything that will solidify the fact that you're not planning to stay in Canada will suffice.

@ay,concerning the ties to my country,i am just 20years going to uni.of leth,undergraduate studies,how can i proof ties to my country,my dad is my sponsor,can i just tender his landed properties and identification of my siblings?will the be convincing?
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 12:34pm On Feb 24, 2011
@guddylover, well, if you're being sponsored your ties to Nigeria will definitely be your sponsor in this situation. Certainly anything that will prove that your sponsor is well grounded in Nigeria - such as the aforementioned documents should be able to help your situation. Plus where you are a recent High school graduate coming over for undergrad studies it will be more credible that you're indeed coming to study in Canada,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 24, 2011
Hello everyone, please can I get a sample of a letter from an employer promising employment to a student after he/she is done with studies abroad. More like something to show proof of ties / reason to return to home country, if you know what I mean. You can send the sample to my email address (tony_runo@yahoo.com). I need it asap. Thanks a lot.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 4:26am On Feb 25, 2011
@gudylover

I think that will be okay to show tie, please make sure you include all the identification of your sibling and evry other document you can get from your daddy.

@ Tony

Please do not use any fake latter of employment, dont fake employment or recommendation from employer or letter that you will return. look for other thing to use. so you will not have to blame yourself at the end.
Re: Travelling To Canada by fflowers: 4:42am On Feb 25, 2011
hello everyone
kudos to u all, this forum made me proud to be a Nigerian. please i graduated last year august from Electronic and computer engineering with a CGP of 4.1, and i intend to further my masters in Canada this september.  i checked university of manitoba and their deadline has elapsed. any idea of a good University that i can apply to ASAP, that will b willing to take me?
. a less cold province with good job opportunity will b preffered. thanks, your urgent response will b really appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 6:00am On Feb 25, 2011
@ Charlie193 No worries man. I dont plan to forge anything. Thanks anyway for the advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 3:15pm On Feb 25, 2011
@ charlie193 - thanks for reminding people the importance of not using forged and fraudulent documents.

@ fflowers - Well, if you're thinking about fall admission (September), you're probably cutting it too close. Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia offers the program and application deadline for International Student is April 1. So you will have to put in your application ASAP - see http://dalgrad.dal.ca/prospectivestudents/deadlines/

However if you'd like to check other Universities I've done a search of the Association of Canadian Universities and Colleges for your program and the link below is the result of all the universities that offer the program. You will have to check the websites of this universities to see when the application deadlines are
http://oraweb.aucc.ca/pls/dcu/dcu_e2?REF_ID=34336901&SORT_BY=1

Feel free to contact me should you require further assistance - canadaforum@hotmail.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2011
@Ayoalade

You such a great guy, you have been so busy helping guys in here, you keep the spirit of the thread going. one love brother!

@fflowers

I just check out the site ayoalade gave, i think you will want to check it out too. take care and keep the dream alive. see you in canada soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 4:41pm On Feb 25, 2011
@Tony

Good to hear that from you. I am so happy hearing that. see it very easy to enter Canada, if you plan yourself well. You can read some of my past posts and see that I had alot of red lights about my application, still i was given the study permit to enter Canada. Notable among them are :

1. I did not have a job

2. my sponsor is not my parent

3. My sponsor is not even base in Nigeria

4. I only use all my sisters base in Nigeria as a tie to the country.

N.B Please do go through all my posts, and the earlier posts on this thread and gain from people expriences during application. take care bro

it
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 6:02pm On Feb 25, 2011
@ charlie193

Thanks for the comment bro. I've made it my mission to educate people as much as I can about anything relating to Canada, and I mean anything. I mean having been here for 18 years, I can confidently say that I have enough experience to be able to educate people in this regards. By the way, where in Canada do you reside? Feel free to drop me a note anytime. Thank you for sharing your experience too, we need to make sure that people get the right information and that they do not become victims of unscrupulous individuals who are out to swindle people especially those desperate to travel out of the country.
Re: Travelling To Canada by sunky644(m): 6:29pm On Feb 25, 2011
@ayoalade and charlie, pls ve not gotten response from you on the work permit issue, a friend in new brunswick told me its 2years and that he already knows 2people who got to his province with it, please is it worth trying? Actually an agent who has once helped my cousin with US VISA is giving me the option and he is promising that no problem or any form of swindling with it, he said it will cost me 950k with a down payment of 100k and pay balance after the VISA as a form of assurance. Pls i need people like you guys who are there already to help me with firsthand information and advice on this, waiting to hear from you soonest.
Re: Travelling To Canada by johnkent(m): 1:35am On Feb 26, 2011
sunky644:

@ayoalade and charlie, pls ve not gotten response from you on the work permit issue, a friend in new brunswick told me its 2years and that he already knows 2people who got to his province with it, please is it worth trying? Actually an agent who has once helped my cousin with US VISA is giving me the option and he is promising that no problem or any form of swindling with it, he said it will cost me 950k with a down payment of 100k and pay balance after the VISA as a form of assurance. Pls i need people like you guys who are there already to help me with firsthand information and advice on this, waiting to hear from you soonest.

A US visa will only cost ya $140. Why pay some idiot $8000??
Nobody can get you a US visa but yourself.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 26, 2011
Hello people,G̶̲̥̅ud m̶̲̥̅orni̶̲̥̅ng̶̲̥̅ to U̶̲̥̅̊ all. Pls I want to know more about athabasca university of alberta. Wish to apply for a MSc in Information Systems.
From the degree requirement. They said, Applicants for admission to the MSc IS program
must:
hold a baccalaureate degree in computer
science, information systems, or a related area,
or
hold a baccalaureate degree and have
significant professional-level experience with
information systems (defined as follows:
"Experience must be in a role requiring the use
of a significant level of IT knowledge where a
high level of independent judgement and
responsibility are exercised"wink, or
hold the CIPS ISP designation or equivalent
(Canadian IT Professional (CITP) or Certified
Computing Professional (CCP)) designation).
They didn't ask for CGPA though I had 3.52. Pls how is the school generally and alberta. Also can I use my diamond bank ATM visa for D̶̲̅ application fee. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by sunky644(m): 1:47pm On Feb 26, 2011
@lilema,a 2;1 is a requirement for m.sc admission for any student coming from nigeria,the experience case is for those who dint meet the academic requirement. Confirm if they need toefl and gre and if they dont go ahead with ur application but if u ve good scores in d test u can send it, it gives u a edge above few others. If ur diamond bank visa card is dollar visacard then u can use it i used my gtb usd visacard for mine.@johnkent, i am talking about canada 2yrs workpermit, i just confirmation of its reality i can afford d money but at d sametime i want to be careful. I need somebody who is aware of d program or som1 who got to canada with it, thanks waiting to hear more,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 26, 2011
@sunky thans so much, I had a 2:1. From my research athabasca university is known for online education, Is it a good school in canada,
Re: Travelling To Canada by kurungu: 8:28pm On Feb 26, 2011
Hi,
A collegue of mine submitted application for study permit but has not been called for medicals,how ever she is pregnant now and she is worried that it might count against her in getting the visa.
Guys what do you think?

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.