Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,157 members, 7,907,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:20 AM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (669607 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by seekermi: 9:35pm On May 11, 2013
justi4jesu: grin
Lolz I can see justwise is havin fun,Meanwhile freezone visa is expensive and good also. My company here in dubai is a freezone company and my residence visa is freezone. That's the best visa you can have and leave the company without a ban on ur passport. Some jobs on dubizzle and Walk in interviews even request for Own visa, having ur own visa makes you ur own boss and you can get a job easily wit it. Some people in dubai here also do direct employment but its also expensive and its difficult to see a genuine nigerian person here in dubai. But life they say its all about risk. So you guys can give it a try and get back to us with your stories.

Pls W̶̲̥̅̊н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇@̤̥̣̈̊̇†̥ do you mean by own visa?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by hightechIT: 12:07pm On May 12, 2013
Lolz I can see justwise is havin fun,Meanwhile freezone visa is expensive and good also. My company here in dubai is a freezone company and my residence visa is freezone. That's the best visa you can have and leave the company without a ban on ur passport. Some jobs on dubizzle and Walk in interviews even request for Own visa, having ur own visa makes you ur own boss and you can get a job easily wit it. Some people in dubai here also do direct employment but its also expensive and its difficult to see a genuine nigerian person here in dubai. But life they say its all about risk. So you guys can give it a try and get back to us with your stories.

What's the cost of this freezone visa and how long will it take to process? Does it entitle one to enter and leave UAE anytime? Lastly who is eligible to process such visa for another. Cheers
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:11pm On May 12, 2013

Please can you explain to people here how they can go about the freezone visa?

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 1:34pm On May 12, 2013
(@ justwise from my findings on visiting dubai this month shown that justi4jesu left nigeria on feb 2013 on visiting visa. He posted it tru visiting dubai this month on feb 8 @ 9:51 am. He said Am travelling to Dubai for the first time...Anyone in
Dubai? Just Curious! Would love to meet someone dat is actually conversant with the environs! Won't be a bad idea though!. Please my people dont let anybody scam you or create fear for u. try to get your 2 month visa when u get there u will know better. free zone hard zone labour or salve work/job. justi4jesu is just 2 month plus in dubai
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 12, 2013
Just to add to what you have just said,Femiaction, l have taken my time to explain about free zone or labour zone.The best bet to come work in Dubai is to get your 1month visa, which is extendable, then be in Dubai yourself, submit your Cv online and network with as many people you can. The company that employs you will tell you if they are under freezone or not. Again, if you get a job under labour zone say e.g 2000dhs, and you want to leave that job for another job, the UAE labour law requires you to get an offer from you new company of 5000dhs for school certificate holders, 7000dhs for Diploma holders and 12,500dhs for Degree holders, once you can present any of this offers from your new company, AUTOMATICALLY THE LAW IN UAE SAYS YOU WONT ATTRACT ANY BAN.....This is what the law states which everybody knows, The writer has called ministry of labour several times and they affirm same to me...........l also disagree with some people on this forum who says labour zone is only for unskilled workers, that is pure lie, we have both skilled and unskilled workers in both labour and freezones, we also have people who earn more in labour than freezones.Most companies in Dubai place so much premiums on gulf experience and that is one of the reasons why you see some people accepting lower offers during there 2yrs contract, while at the same time gathering the necessary gulf experience, once you have worked in Dubai for 1yr, you are good as someone who has 2yrs experience. so most companies prefer people with either 1 or 2yrs experience to a fresh person coming to Dubai and expecting to earn millions. This is how the system works in Dubai. Finally, you can move from labour zone to freezone anytime as soon as you get the salaries l listed above, but it is better to make that move after 1yr. This is the truth from my experience and also from people who have lived in Dubai for close to 10yrs.As regard getting the freezone visa, l will suggest you arrive Dubai yourself, visit any travel agency and they will assist you, but it is better you get it through a company that employs you. This is my 2cent advice, dont give your money to any agent, they are only interested to benefit from you and leave you stranded. Justwise l also want to commend you for your good work you are doing on this forum, you have saved so many nigerians who would have fallen to some people on this forum who dont even have a job in Dubai but are claiming to be LORDS in dubai, some of them are claiming to have one permit or the other, please it is all games to swindle innocent nigerians. My younger brother is a living testimony of what God can do, for those of you who havent read my post go back on this thread and read and see how God gave my brother a job in Dubai without an agent. Thanks once again, Justwise.
femiaction: (@ justwise from my findings on visiting dubai this month shown that justi4jesu left nigeria on feb 2013 on visiting visa. He posted it tru visiting dubai this month on feb 8 @ 9:51 am. He said Am travelling to Dubai for the first time...Anyone in
Dubai? Just Curious! Would love to meet someone dat is actually conversant with the environs! Won't be a bad idea though!. Please my people dont let anybody scam you or create fear for u. try to get your 2 month visa when u get there u will know better. free zone hard zone labour or salve work/job. justi4jesu is just 2 month plus in dubai
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 12, 2013
Just to add to what you have just said,Femiaction, l have taken my time to explain about free zone or labour zone.The best bet to come work in Dubai is to get your 1month visa, which is extendable, then be in Dubai yourself, submit your Cv online and network with as many people you can. The company that employs you will tell you if they are under freezone or not. Again, if you get a job under labour zone say e.g 2000dhs, and you want to leave that job for another job, the UAE labour law requires you to get an offer from you new company of 5000dhs for school certificate holders, 7000dhs for Diploma holders and 12,500dhs for Degree holders, once you can present any of this offers from your new company, AUTOMATICALLY THE LAW IN UAE SAYS YOU WONT ATTRACT ANY BAN.....This is what the law states which everybody knows, The writer has called ministry of labour several times and they affirm same to me...........l also disagree with some people on this forum who says labour zone is only for unskilled workers, that is pure lie, we have both skilled and unskilled workers in both labour and freezones, we also have people who earn more in labour than freezones.Most companies in Dubai place so much premiums on gulf experience and that is one of the reasons why you see some people accepting lower offers during there 2yrs contract, while at the same time gathering the necessary gulf experience, once you have worked in Dubai for 1yr, you are good as someone who has 2yrs experience. so most companies prefer people with either 1 or 2yrs experience to a fresh person coming to Dubai and expecting to earn millions. This is how the system works in Dubai. Finally, you can move from labour zone to freezone anytime as soon as you get the salaries l listed above, but it is better to make that move after 1yr. This is the truth from my experience and also from people who have lived in Dubai for close to 10yrs.As regard getting the freezone visa, l will suggest you arrive Dubai yourself, visit any travel agency and they will assist you, but it is better you get it through a company that employs you. This is my 2cent advice, dont give your money to any agent, they are only interested to benefit from you and leave you stranded. Justwise l also want to commend you for your good work you are doing on this forum, you have saved so many nigerians who would have fallen to some people on this forum who dont even have a job in Dubai but are claiming to be LORDS in dubai, some of them are claiming to have one permit or the other, please it is all games to swindle innocent nigerians. My younger brother is a living testimony of what God can do, for those of you who havent read my post go back on this thread and read and see how God gave my brother a job in Dubai without an agent. Thanks once again, Justwise.
femiaction: (@ justwise from my findings on visiting dubai this month shown that justi4jesu left nigeria on feb 2013 on visiting visa. He posted it tru visiting dubai this month on feb 8 @ 9:51 am. He said Am travelling to Dubai for the first time...Anyone in

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 5:19pm On May 12, 2013
ogakpatakpata: Just to add to what you have just said,Femiaction, l have taken my time to explain about free zone or labour zone.The best bet to come work in Dubai is to get your 1month visa, which is extendable, then be in Dubai yourself, submit your Cv online and network with as many people you can. The company that employs you will tell you if they are under freezone or not. Again, if you get a job under labour zone say e.g 2000dhs, and you want to leave that job for another job, the UAE labour law requires you to get an offer from you new company of 5000dhs for school certificate holders, 7000dhs for Diploma holders and 12,500dhs for Degree holders, once you can present any of this offers from your new company, AUTOMATICALLY THE LAW IN UAE SAYS YOU WONT ATTRACT ANY BAN.....This is what the law states which everybody knows, The writer has called ministry of labour several times and they affirm same to me...........l also disagree with some people on this forum who says labour zone is only for unskilled workers, that is pure lie, we have both skilled and unskilled workers in both labour and freezones, we also have people who earn more in labour than freezones.Most companies in Dubai place so much premiums on gulf experience and that is one of the reasons why you see some people accepting lower offers during there 2yrs contract, while at the same time gathering the necessary gulf experience, once you have worked in Dubai for 1yr, you are good as someone who has 2yrs experience. so most companies prefer people with either 1 or 2yrs experience to a fresh person coming to Dubai and expecting to earn millions. This is how the system works in Dubai. Finally, you can move from labour zone to freezone anytime as soon as you get the salaries l listed above, but it is better to make that move after 1yr. This is the truth from my experience and also from people who have lived in Dubai for close to 10yrs.As regard getting the freezone visa, l will suggest you arrive Dubai yourself, visit any travel agency and they will assist you, but it is better you get it through a company that employs you. This is my 2cent advice, dont give your money to any agent, they are only interested to benefit from you and leave you stranded. Justwise l also want to commend you for your good work you are doing on this forum, you have saved so many nigerians who would have fallen to some people on this forum who dont even have a job in Dubai but are claiming to be LORDS in dubai, some of them are claiming to have one permit or the other, please it is all games to swindle innocent nigerians. My younger brother is a living testimony of what God can do, for those of you who havent read my post go back on this thread and read and see how God gave my brother a job in Dubai without an agent. Thanks once again, Justwise.
@ Ogkpatakpata thanks alot God will bless you more
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by emamos: 6:36pm On May 12, 2013
Ogakpata,just4jesu,infakt u wil neva be lead astray.Pls pardon my ignorance, wot do one derive 4rm dis FREE ZONE & do Nigerian marry one another over there
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by emamos: 6:38pm On May 12, 2013
Ogakpata,just4jesu,infakt u wil neva be lead astray.Pls pardon my ignorance, wot benefit do one derive 4rm dis FREE ZONE & do Nigerian marry one another over there
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Topam: 6:54pm On May 12, 2013
@ ogakpatapata,
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 12, 2013
The 5000dhs that the lABOUR LAW requires for school certificate holders to have before they switch jobs is not what you can get easily either from freezone or labour zone, most companies will prefer you have UAE experience either 1 or 2yrs. It takes the grace of God and a miracle for you as a fresh employee and also a nigerian to be offered a job with 5000dhs because of the stiff competition l earlier mentioned in my previous thread from Americans/Europeans, Asians, Middle east before you talk about Africans, but, that does not mean that God cannot do the impossible. As regard feeding, it is better you cook at home, that will enable you save a lot from eating outside, accomodation will be provided by some company that employs you, not every company gives accomodation. l cant tell you how much you can save it depends on you.
Topam: @ ogakpatapata, 5000dhr 4 school cert, pls how much @ least do u think one can save out of dis in a month after expenses on feeding and other things.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 12, 2013
The only benefit l personally think you can derive from freezone is the ability to move to another job easily when you get a better offer, but mind you, we still have so many people working in freezones with low salaries, working in freezone does not translate to higher wages, experience is very important both in freezones/labour zones. Nigerians do marry here, no law forbids you from getting married but you will have to register it through the UAE legal frame work, am not too sure how it works, but l have heard of nigerians getting married in dubai.
emamos: Ogakpata,just4jesu,infakt u wil neva be lead astray.Pls pardon my ignorance, wot benefit do one derive 4rm dis FREE ZONE & do Nigerian marry one another over there
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Topam: 9:07pm On May 12, 2013
Thanks ogakpata,nid ur advice,my brother's friend is procesin my visa to work there & am school cert holder but wot concern me most is dat he tells me not to bother about certificate,he wil get me work dia.Wot should i do. He always go dia to buy goods.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ASPchris(m): 10:01pm On May 12, 2013
emamos: Ogakpata,just4jesu,infakt u wil neva be lead astray.Pls pardon my ignorance, wot do one derive 4rm dis FREE ZONE & do Nigerian marry one another over there
hahahahahahahaha, my man!!!!, i dey feel u.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Yaasir(m): 10:28pm On May 12, 2013
@ogakpatakpata and others
Pls, I need a sincere advice concerning my case. I have the the following qualification and experience
1) a B.Sc in Accounting
2) 2 Professional qualifications; ACA and Taxation
3) 5 years banking experience in Nigeria.

I also have a wife, a B.Sc holder in Linguistics, who is a teacher in government school.

I really want to travel to UAE or any other promising country for that matter.
Mind you, I am working with a Nigerian bank at present and my salary is roughly 190k per month.

Your sincere assessment will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ayenny02(m): 3:25am On May 13, 2013
Yaasir: @ogakpatakpata and others
Pls, I need a sincere advice concerning my case. I have the the following qualification and experience
1) a B.Sc in Accounting
2) 2 Professional qualifications; ACA and Taxation
3) 5 years banking experience in Nigeria.

I also have a wife, a B.Sc holder in Linguistics, who is a teacher in government school.

I really want to travel to UAE or any other promising country for that matter.
Mind you, I am working with a Nigerian bank at present and my salary is roughly 190k per month.

Your sincere assessment will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

From what u have said, I will advice u to stay in nigeria and search for job here, if you fortunately getting one pls just compare it with ur salary in nigeria if it is ok. But if you dont have a job presently then you can make a move to travel
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:13am On May 13, 2013
Seconded. The writer totally agree with ayenny02 on this, compare/contrast before you make any move, dont just travel out of desperation so that you wont regret if things doesnt work out the way you expected, pray and seek divine counsel and direction.
ayenny02:

From what u have said, I will advice u to stay in nigeria and search for job here, if you fortunately getting one pls just compare it with ur salary in nigeria if it is ok. But if you dont have a job presently then you can make a move to travel
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:17am On May 13, 2013
Pls be careful, l dont know how he want to get a good job for you in Dubai without your certificates, Dubai is not nigeria where things are done anyhow, well, if he says that he will get you a job, without a certificate, be very very very careful. l rest my case.
Topam: Thanks ogakpata,nid ur advice,my brother's friend is procesin my visa to work there & am school cert holder but wot concern me most is dat he tells me not to bother about certificate,he wil get me work dia.Wot should i do. He always go dia to buy goods.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by valen2ony(m): 10:11am On May 13, 2013
please,can anyone enlighten me on how to get an affordable accommodation for a month in Dubai.
your help will be greatly appreciated.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 1:33pm On May 13, 2013
@femiaction you actually make me laugh,and besides am not a guy, I guess you have suddenly turned to one of d Mods to start doing a background check on me. Well like they say, even if you don't do anything people will always talk about you. Obviously am not disputing the fact that am 2months plus in dubai but doesn't it beat ur curious mind that I visited dubai by feb and suddenly I work and have a residence visa here. Its not how far but how well. Am not requesting to assist anyone here or otherwise,am just contributing for people to have ideas of issues going on here in dubai. Why don't you just quietly drop off ur own contributions,that's only if u have any and leave sniffing on people.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 1:42pm On May 13, 2013
justi4jesu:
@femiaction you actually make me laugh,and besides am not a guy, I guess you have suddenly turned to one of d Mods to start doing a background check on me. Well like they say, even if you don't do anything people will always talk about you. Obviously am not disputing the fact that am 2months plus in dubai but doesn't it beat ur curious mind that I visited dubai by feb and suddenly I work and have a residence visa here. Its not how far but how well. Am not requesting to assist anyone here or otherwise,am just contributing for people to have ideas of issues going on here in dubai. Why don't you just quietly drop off ur own contributions,that's only if u have any and leave sniffing on people.
Yes i did it because of what justwise said abt you.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 2:10pm On May 13, 2013
justwise:

Please can you explain to people here how they can go about the freezone visa?

"Employees of companies in free zones have different sponsorship options depending on the free zone. For example, in Jebel Ali you can either be sponsored by an individual company or by the free zone authority itself. Whether the Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai Internet City, Media City, Knowledge Village, Healthcare City or the Dubai Airport Free Zone, the respective authority will process your residency visa/permit directly through the Immigration Department, without having to get employment approval from the Ministry of Labour. This speeds up the process significantly, and residency permits can sometimes be granted in a matter of hours. Once Immigration has stamped your residence permit in your passport, the free zone will issue your labour card – this also acts as your security pass for entry to the free zone. A big advantage of working in a free zone is the lack of red tape encountered if you move jobs to another free zone company. This is because the free zone is actually your sponsor, so when you switch jobs to another employer you won’t be switching sponsors. A free zone residency permit is valid for three years, and the labour card either one or three years, depending on the free zone."
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 2:28pm On May 13, 2013
justi4jesu:

"Employees of companies in free zones have different sponsorship options depending on the free zone. For example, in Jebel Ali you can either be sponsored by an individual company or by the free zone authority itself. Whether the Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai Internet City, Media City, Knowledge Village, Healthcare City or the Dubai Airport Free Zone, the respective authority will process your residency visa/permit directly through the Immigration Department, without having to get employment approval from the Ministry of Labour. This speeds up the process significantly, and residency permits can sometimes be granted in a matter of hours. Once Immigration has stamped your residence permit in your passport, the free zone will issue your labour card – this also acts as your security pass for entry to the free zone. A big advantage of working in a free zone is the lack of red tape encountered if you move jobs to another free zone company. This is because the free zone is actually your sponsor, so when you switch jobs to another employer you won’t be switching sponsors. A free zone residency permit is valid for three years, and the labour card either one or three years, depending on the free zone."
Ok Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 13, 2013
Pls are there jobs available for a medical doctor in dubai?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 2:45pm On May 13, 2013
justi4jesu:

Thanks for explaining this to people who need it
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 3:29pm On May 13, 2013
justwise:

Thanks for explaining this to people who need it
U re welcome.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by evanstical: 4:55pm On May 13, 2013
@justi4jesu thanks for the details. If we land in Dubai free trade zone which companies or jobs can a graduate get into fast not minding what you read.Does it have to be online applications or walk-in applications? Names of companies or ministries will be well appreciated.I have applied to some but not much feedback and I am thinking of going in person.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:44pm On May 13, 2013
evanstical: @justi4jesu thanks for the details. If we land in Dubai free trade zone which companies or jobs can a graduate get into fast not minding what you read.Does it have to be online applications or walk-in applications? Names of companies or ministries will be well appreciated.I have applied to some but not much feedback and I am thinking of going in person.
Coming in person is beta off, so u can be applying online and going for walk in interviews too.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by valen2ony(m): 8:30pm On May 13, 2013
justi4jesu:

@justi4jesu,
I will be coming to Dubai by this week and I want you to please please,enlighten me
on how to get an affordable
accommodation for a month in
Dubai.
your help will be greatly
appreciated.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 13, 2013
Justi, justwise, ogakpatakpata n others, God bless you all for taking out time to enlighten us... U may think what u re doing here is jst for d fun of it, but seriously u can never know how every info u've dropped here have touched n changed lives. God bless u real good.

Well I have taken my time to read thru frm d very beginning and now I can say I am more enlightened n focused as to the next step to take concerning fulfilling my dreams of working abroad.

I have been able to put one or two plans in place with all d info gathered here as a useful guide.

I actually have been applying for jobs online say for over a year now with no positive result. I abandoned it at a point n was actually on the verge of employing the services of an agent when I discovered this thread.

I have started applying online again to the sites suggested here, while I put concrete plans in place to obtain the 1mnth tourist visa in a few months time. Tnx to this wonderful thread the DIY method looks so achievable now.

Its all a matter of gud planning and as Ogakpatakpata has continued to emphasise on dis thread, putting all in the hands of God Almighty.

I pray that God will make all our dreams to better our lives come true by God's grace..

Love u all!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by bolajiboi(m): 8:52pm On May 13, 2013
i call the TTL contact number the one on their website today to make an inquiry of how much two month visiting visa will cost bt i was told dat they only give one month visit visa to dubai pls is there any airline company that offer two month visa to Dubai. justwise, ogakpatakpata and other good contributor on this forum pls i need a answer. thx

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (401)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.