Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,795 members, 7,875,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 06:12 AM

Forex Trading - Season 13 - Business (512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 13 (660665 Views)

Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (703) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by lynx200(m): 11:49am On Aug 25, 2013
@Meshpips thanks for your explanation. U've just confirmed what I suspected. Its just that I bought GU, EU and sold AU and NU at d same time and while my AU and NU are doing well the GU and EU trades has hit their SLs. Well lesson learnt. When one sees d commodities going one way that means that GU and EU will follow the commodities trend while currency pairs like UC will do the opposite. Thanks once again Meschach. Been a while. Hope u are good.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by lynx200(m): 12:03pm On Aug 25, 2013
I also found this out for people interested in trading AUD and NZD. Do u know u could base majority of your plan on trading these currencies(AUDUSD,AUDCHF,AUDCAD,EURCAD and GBPAUD,NZDUSD,NZDCHF,NZDCAD,EURNZD and GBPNZD) These pairs trend at the same time.(The 4 EUR and GBP pairs move opposite of the other six) and if you do your analysis right you could make a killing (average of 1000-1500 pips)just concentrating on these 10 pairs. I thought I should bring this to d notice of those looking for pairs to concentrate on especially if you have less than 200 dollars to trade. Remember to use good money management and have a 3:1 TP to SL ratio so that u can make profit even if you lose 60 percent of your trades. Also use a 100 pip lose especially on the volatile EURAUD, EURNZD,GBPAUD and GBPNZD pairs. For now I am staying away from the AUDJPY and NZDJPY. The jap pairs are too volatile for my price action style so I would only recommend them for intra day trading. NB- Just a newbie trying to pass on his discoveries so I am not an expert O!

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by natruetalk: 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
My experience on last week trade and lesson learned

I end last week positively but yet learn some lesson from my trade.

Firstly lession:-
On EUR/NZD i took a risk on the pair entered emotionally simply because the north move was on straight 4days with good pips upward. sighted a not cleared enough mini-resistance i ignored some other aspect i suppose to considered & entered the trade with 80pips SL with the hope of catching some pips before it resume back her north journey, babysitted the trade because i understood it was a risk trade.
bad side of it i closed the trade with negative 25pips
good side of it, i didn't deceive myself by fighting right with the market then i save myself 55pips.

Second Lession-
After a good analysis of chart on Crude oil with my master last Thursday, we conclude the commodity has higher probability of moving north. i entered the trade but oil did not initially made up her mind. emotionally closed the trade with small positive pips, entered again close with positive pips after some hours then made up my mind to closed the day on oil for total of +92.
open my chart on friday noticed the oil still strong on the upward move. this time i made up my mind to join the train with 100pips SL then close my chart to come back 3pm to avoid emotional trade this time.
came back to open my chart at 2.45pm met the trade with 55pips red. i said to myself 3pm might be disaster for the pair then closed my trade with 60pips negative 5 minute later. behold my people the candle close at 3pm 3pip below the closed 60pips red and the new candle open by 3pm was a longest on north move with 200pips left me behind with the stress of identifying the good tradingsetup with my boss while those we took the trade together smilling with over 300pips from thursday and still on the trade.

What did i do wrong?
to me nothing, i follow my MM style. what if the trade goes other way ? trade is like that atleast i planned to save my capital. though i missed that move but another one will come.

Tell me your own story i want to learn more
cheers.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
The new week is here with us,get ready for a range week.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by rozayx5(m): 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2013
natruetalk:
to me nothing, i follow my MM style. what if the trade goes other way ? trade is like that atleast i planned to save my capital. though i missed that move but another one will come.

cheers.

+10000
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by harizonal123(m): 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2013
Few hours from now the market will resume for the week and I see a continuation of last wsek zigzag market for Monday's trading.. If u want my advice, will say stay away! More of like 50/50 it may go either way. Analysis: sell GBP/USD , buy EUR/GBP
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by ayox2003: 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2013
natruetalk: My experience on last week trade and lesson learned

On EUR/NZD i took a risk on the pair entered emotionally simply because the north move was on straight 4days with good pips upward. sighted a not cleared enough mini-resistance i ignored some other aspect i suppose to considered & entered the trade with 80pips SL with the hope of catching some pips before it resume back her north journey, babysitted the trade because i understood it was a risk trade.
good side of it, i didn't deceive myself by fighting right with the market then i save myself 55pips.

Second Lession-
After a good analysis of chart on Crude oil with my master last Thursday, we conclude the commodity has higher probability of moving north. i entered the trade but oil did not initially made up her mind. emotionally closed the trade with small positive pips, entered again close with positive pips after some hours then made up my mind to closed the day on oil for total of +92.
open my chart on friday noticed the oil still strong on the upward move. this time i made up my mind to join the train with 100pips SL then close my chart to come back 3pm to avoid emotional trade this time.
came back to open my chart at 2.45pm met the trade with 55pips red. i said to myself 3pm might be disaster for the pair then closed my trade with 60pips negative 5 minute later. behold my people the candle close at 3pm 3pip below the closed 60pips red and the new candle open by 3pm was a longest on north move with 200pips left me behind with the stress of identifying the good tradingsetup with my boss while those we took the trade together smilling with over 300pips from thursday and still on the trade.

What did i do wrong?

cheers.

Nice one! More of this for weekend digest. wink

Frawzey
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by nolly042(m): 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2013

Second Lession-

What did i do wrong?

cheers.

silence is one of the killers in this biz. last week wasnt fnny for me at all. i ve been in this for over 3yrs nw bt dealng with MM is like solving differentiatiomn n integration nw cos i neva knew it in uni days. not like i dont have a good system bt dis MM issue has kept me at a point for long now. i just hope n belive this week descipline will stick to my head
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by nolly042(m): 6:47pm On Aug 25, 2013

Second Lession-

What did i do wrong?

cheers.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2013
@ Natruetalk, I violated one of my greatest rules and paid very dearly for it last week; the rule is not to check charts between 4hrs! I broke that rule on Thursday and paid dearly for it.

I once said that we can only aim to conquer most of our demons and not all of them. I remain committed working on myself.

The week ahead, I expect to see oil pull back to 105.5x area and head to 108.80, maybe even break it for destination 110.4x
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by infofirst(m): 9:21pm On Aug 25, 2013
@Natrutalk
Last week was very good for me but it could have been better but for some of my eu trades dat i closed before tp just on the basis dat a group i consider an authority in Forex expect a pull back and i only allow just one trade hit the tp out of 8 positions. Thou i closed others with nothing less than 40 plus pips to 70pips as well.

For the coming week, my last post on eu still valid

Then i must confess, i took silently the oil buy alert Naijababe and Natrutalk dropped last week cos it was also inline with my chrt but their post gave me confidence but i closed it at +52pips instead of 100 i planned.
Thank You Naijababe and Natrutalk. Oil looks like 110.xx this week. Time will tell.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by natruetalk: 10:42pm On Aug 25, 2013
Alot of bargain in the market this week as i saw some good set-up on many pair. i pray May God Almighty open our eyes to pick the right one
be patient and trade responsible.

am eyeing to buy eur/gbp

Cad currency may be too strong this week as it shows on all cad pair becareful of selling the currency

also nzd may continue it weakness as that was what nzd govt. want for now let see how the news goes later tonight. if negative am Expecting EN to reach 1.7697-1.7797 soon from where am eyeing to sell this week

and lastly becareful of selling jpy pair contination of north move seen on those pair for now.

goodluck
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by natruetalk: 11:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
naijababe:
The week ahead, I expect to see oil pull back to 105.5x area and head to 108.80, maybe even break it for destination 110.4x

i will be happy to join you at that price if i can see it which i doubt for now but nothing impossibe in this market. on point with 110.4x destination
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Kirinwa: 11:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
Gold buystop activated 1401
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by natruetalk: 11:19pm On Aug 25, 2013
natruetalk: Alot of bargain in the market this week as i saw some good set-up on many pair. i pray May God Almighty open our eyes to pick the right one
be patient and trade responsible.
am eyeing to buy eur/gbp
goodluck

taken my first trade of the week as shown below.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by onlineresource: 11:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
Kirinwa: Gold buystop activated 1401
gold has nt even touched 1400, you are saying gold buy activated at 1401...
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 25, 2013
shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked
onlineresource:
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by natruetalk: 11:43pm On Aug 25, 2013
natruetalk:

at this point only nzd news with good data can save EN , and all N pair. the pair has tried breaking any breakable resistance

looking toward sunday night for NZD TRADE BALANCE that could be turning point

2 minute more cool cool cool
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by natruetalk: 11:46pm On Aug 25, 2013
natruetalk:

2 minute more cool cool cool

the data not good. will stay away from this pair until 1.7697-7797 as posted above.

Goodnite
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by honeric01(m): 12:08am On Aug 26, 2013
My trade for Monday/Tuesday.

I am buying EG around 8580/70 for 8650/80 with 3:1 ratio

Selling GU around 5610/30 for 5450/00 with 4:1 ratio

Buying EU from 3370/40 for 3450/3500 with 4:1 ratio

Buying AU from 8990/80 for 9100/9150 with 3:1 ratio.

AUD is looking to be strong this week, same with EUR and i see GBP dropping momentum this week. (At least mon/tues)
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Kirinwa: 12:56am On Aug 26, 2013
onlineresource:

If you don't know what a buystop is. Kindly ask for explanation.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by mkmyers45(m): 1:46am On Aug 26, 2013
Expects Golds current rebound to reach 1500
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 5:21am On Aug 26, 2013
Sold US oil with 40 pips sl, tp at 106.10 near the weekly pivot, dark cloud cover at resistance with oscillator in overbought region.If the hourly chart interests you, there is also a bearish divergence there.

I am test-driving a mechanical trailing method which means I will check my chart three periods after I open a position. Since I trade the 4h tf, I will not be checking this position or NL until 5pm. Some of y'all a beginning to sound like CNBC grin tongue and frankly speaking, I can do without the distraction.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by rozayx5(m): 6:44am On Aug 26, 2013
naijababe: Sold US oil with 40 pips sl, tp at 106.10 near the weekly pivot, dark cloud cover at resistance with oscillator in overbought region.If the hourly chart interests you, there is also a bearish divergence there.

I am test-driving a mechanical trailing method which means I will check my chart three periods after I open a position. Since I trade the 4h tf, I will not be checking this position or NL until 5pm . Some of y'all a beginning to sound like CNBC grin tongue and frankly speaking, I can do without the distraction.

nice one, staring @ the PC to monitor trades sometimes, spoils someones trade plans for the week
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Fxwarrior: 6:49am On Aug 26, 2013
rozayx5:

nice one, staring @ the PC to monitor trades sometimes, spoils someones trade plans for the week

Oga Rozayx I sent you a mail
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by rozayx5(m): 6:57am On Aug 26, 2013
Kirinwa:

If you don't know what a buystop is. Kindly ask for explanation.

you placed a Buy stop, but you used the word "activated" , thats where the confusion came in
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by fxbomovi: 6:58am On Aug 26, 2013
Good morning house
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Fxwarrior: 7:01am On Aug 26, 2013
Brothers please I need a good Samaritan to help me with $20 forex capital.I use forextime but if you want me to open account with your broker I would do so.God bless you.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by samogo1: 7:25am On Aug 26, 2013
Fxwarrior: Brothers please I need a good Samaritan to help me with $20 forex capital.I use forextime but if you want me to open account with your broker I would do so.God bless you.
Nobody has still helped u since? Why not raise money from instaforex forum. I ve $110 presently to recieve in my acc by month end. I got $100 3 months ago which i have withdrawn abt $250 profits from.

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Fxwarrior: 7:26am On Aug 26, 2013
Please I plead for assistance.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Fxwarrior: 7:32am On Aug 26, 2013
sam ogo:
Nobody has still helped u since? Why not raise money from instaforex forum. I ve $110 presently to recieve in my acc by month end. I got $100 3 months ago which i have withdrawn abt $250 profits from.

Please help a brother.Should I open account with instaforex?Please in the name of God,help.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by PIPPROF(m): 7:39am On Aug 26, 2013
Fxwarrior:

Please help a brother.Should I open account with instaforex?Please in the name of God,help.

forum . mt5 . com

open an account with insta - under affiliate code type - portalforum -
link the acccount with your forum account and get paid as you post

you can raise 50$ between today 26 and 30th and get paid next week

target 10$ daily, cause i personally dont believe 20$ will take you anywhere in FX.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (703) (Reply)

How To Make Regular Income Offering HOT Digital Marketing Services On Fiverr / ➜ ➜ ➜ Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 17 ➜ ➜ ➜ / ➜ ➜ ➜ Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 16 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.