Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,705 members, 7,948,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 06:05 AM

The Cowardice Of Atheism - Religion (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cowardice Of Atheism (66205 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / Myopia Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 8:25am On Feb 21, 2013
thehomer:

I know that they're different. The question of whether or not there is a pre-existing love is supposedly answered with the description of the Christian God as loving. I'm using that God as an example in this discussion. If you wish to talk about a God that doesn't love, then say so explicitly.
Good, now you seem to finally be getting the point which is that God may or may not love (He is free in that regard). The fact that God happens love isn't because He is mandated to love but because He freely chooses to love. That's the point I and Ihedinobi have been making all along.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by thehomer: 8:59am On Feb 21, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Can't you see the circular argument this leads to; "Humans should be rational because they are rational". As I answered earlier, I don't see any reason why sapient creatures are required to be moral. And you haven't shown me one.
While I agree that sapience allows us to tell between good and evil but then it doesn't impose upon us an ought i.e. it doesn't impose an obligation to choose good over evil or evil over good. An ought can only come from a higher moral authority than us.

I notice that like Ihedinobi, you're about to start dodging direct questions despite the fact that I've been answering yours.

Secondly, "Humans should be rational because they are rational" isn't the point I'm making at all. The point I'm making is that rationality entails acting in a way that is rational. If humans are rational, then they would act in a way consistent with being rational.

Here's a syllogism now please show me how it is circular.

1) If humans are considered as being rational, then they would act in ways consistent with rationality.
2) Humans are considered as being rational.
3) They would act in ways consistent with rationality.

The problem you're demonstrating here is that you think that an ought can only come from a higher moral authority. Like I said to Ihedinobi, what imposes the ought is the very concept of morality. This is why I need you to tell me what you think morality is.

Mr_Anony:
Wrong. First of all your bachelor argument is a circular one. Secondly you haven't addressed why the creator ought to love in the first place. That's the question before you.

How on earth is that circular? Can you actually demonstrate that it is circular?
Your question on the creator is just absurd. I've told you time and again that it is a description not an argument. Don't you understand the difference between the two concepts?

Mr_Anony:
The objections you raised there look the same to me. I thought my responses here also addressed the objections you made in that post. If there is anything I've missed, quote it specifically and I'll consider it.

You've missed identifying the creator you have in mind or accepting the one I'm addressing.
You've missed identifying the sorts of entities the very concept of morality applies to.
You've missed saying what you actually think morality is.

Now will you address them?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by thehomer: 9:00am On Feb 21, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Good, now you seem to finally be getting the point which is that God may or may not love (He is free in that regard). The fact that God happens love isn't because He is mandated to love but because He freely chooses to love. That's the point I and Ihedinobi have been making all along.

And which God is this that may or may not love? Clearly it isn't the Christian God that I'm talking about so which God is it so we can get rid of this confusion?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ooman(m): 9:04am On Feb 21, 2013

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by wiegraf: 9:23am On Feb 21, 2013
Deep Sight:

1. The reason virtual particles are said to have no apparent cause is exactly the fact that they are seen to be emerging in a quantum vacuum, which represents nothingness.

Not really, no. (especially as for representing nothingness, the very fabric of space supposedly has other properties, but that matter is beyond me atm)

Here you maybe have some chicken and egg $hit from what I can see. Are you asserting that without energy there'd be no virtual particles? That's a bold claim, I think one that has not been settled.

Even if there weren't, it does not change the fact that no direct link can be found between whatever real energy may be present and virtual particles. There might be something, there might be nothing (even allowing for space having properties as above)

The full picture is not known, probably, until gravity finds a way in. But I would say your assumptions are premature, (as are mine probably). I still wouldn't rule out nothing, as far as we are concerned, as being impossible.

On a slightly related not, aren't there dimensions out there made out of nothing? One's that don't exist, ie? Along with many, many other things actually. You could argue most stuff don't exist in any physical sense, only conceptually. Or, potentially. Magic? Apparently, but backed by equations.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Kay17: 9:32am On Feb 21, 2013
@DeepSight. God being the creator does not owe love to his creation sentient or not. The fact that God loves is because He chooses to love and not because man merits love in any way whatsoever. This is the reason why God deserves worship. God doesn't have to love man. If God had no choice in the matter, then He wouldn't deserve worship because since He can't help but love you, there wouldn't be any need to be grateful for His love.

Now I will grant that because God loves, certain "moral expectations" come into play but these are resulting from His choice to love and not that it is compulsory for Him to love in the first place. It is a circular argument to say that "God ought to love because He is loving".

I really need you to follow your logical side on this one and not your emotional side that rejects the argument because you deem it "insensitive"

Anony's quote

How does the above correspond with the declaration "God is Love"? If God's nature is inexplicably woven with love, then how does God choose what's not within his nature to dispose?! If God is Love, then God can't decide or choose to Love. An entity can't choose his natural character, except if he is supernatural.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 21, 2013
Kay 17:

Anony's quote

How does the above correspond with the declaration "God is Love"? If God's nature is inexplicably woven with love, then how does God choose what's not within his nature to dispose?! If God is Love, then God can't decide or choose to Love. An entity can't choose his natural character, except if he is supernatural.

Anony truly said that? This guy can talk between both sides of his mouth.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 9:39am On Feb 21, 2013
thehomer:

I notice that like Ihedinobi, you're about to start dodging direct questions despite the fact that I've been answering yours.

Secondly, "Humans should be rational because they are rational" isn't the point I'm making at all. The point I'm making is that rationality entails acting in a way that is rational. If humans are rational, then they would act in a way consistent with being rational.

Here's a syllogism now please show me how it is circular.

1) If humans are considered as being rational, then they would act in ways consistent with rationality.
2) Humans are considered as being rational.
3) They would act in ways consistent with rationality.
Really? So you seriously can't see that numbers 2 and 3 are merely two halves of number 1?

The problem you're demonstrating here is that you think that an ought can only come from a higher moral authority. Like I said to Ihedinobi, what imposes the ought is the very concept of morality. This is why I need you to tell me what you think morality is.
Morality is To discriminate between right and wrong. . . .and no I don't see how the mere concept of discriminating between right and wrong imposes upon one an ought to do either right or wrong.

How on earth is that circular? Can you actually demonstrate that it is circular?
Your question on the creator is just absurd. I've told you time and again that it is a description not an argument. Don't you understand the difference between the two concepts?
If you really can't see how your argument is circular then I really can't help you. A bachelor by definition is an unmarried man. So your argument really was:

"an unmarried man ought not to be married because to be an unmarried man means to not be married" See the problem with it now?

Upon looking at it again, I see an even more profound problem which perhaps will help you see the difference between an ought and an is. Compare these two following statements and tell me if they mean the same thing to you.

"an unmarried man ought not to be married"

"an unmarried man is not to be married"

My point(if you got it) is that you don't derive an ought from an is i.e. Concerning the creator; A description of him does not automatically impose an ought upon him.

You've missed identifying the creator you have in mind or accepting the one I'm addressing.
You've missed identifying the sorts of entities the very concept of morality applies to.
You've missed saying what you actually think morality is.

Now will you address them?
1. I have told you before that it is unnecessary because it would be assuming an answer before asking the question. Basically you are requesting that I ask you a loaded question. That is not how it is done.
2. I have already agreed with you that the concept of morality applies to sapient beings but I made it clear why it doesn't impose an ought upon them.
3. I have now. See above
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 9:49am On Feb 21, 2013
Kay 17:

Anony's quote

Let me put it like this for you. Supposing I say:

"Kay 17 is honest by nature Yoo can trust Kay 17 with your life": Does this mean that therefore Kay 17 totally lacks any ability whatsoever to choose whether to be honest or not?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by wiegraf: 10:17am On Feb 21, 2013
Are we doing anonyquotes

Mr_Anony:
I do not have a selfish interest in seeing a better world, I preach and I pray that God's kingdom will come on earth and all will come to know God almighty and the great love He has for us.
It is because God has extended to me; a love that I do not deserve, and I can't even begin to deserve - I was dirty and filthy and detestable but God had mercy on me and cleaned me up.
How can I not talk about Him? How can I not tell everyone else about Him?
As tiny as insignificant as I am, the Almighty God who made the whole universe chose to hang out with me. Who am I and what have I done to deserve such great affection? Tell me.
With all my sins and my desperately wicked heart, God still forgives me.
I am like a beggar who has found a place where there is abundant bread. It would be wrong for me not to share this bread with my fellow beggars and show them the man that saved me from death. The man Jesus Christ.
The man who chose to die in my place so that I could escape. Why will I not talk about Him?

Just a note, I'm not a fellow beggar please. Keep your "love" and special "relationship with god" away from me if you can.

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 10:42am On Feb 21, 2013
wiegraf: Are we doing anonyquotes

Just a note, I'm not a fellow beggar please. Keep your "love" and special "relationship with god" away from me if you can.

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by seyibrown(f): 10:46am On Feb 21, 2013
Nattylad: The worst moment for an atheist is when he is really thankful bt he doesnt know who to thank

There's always 'the big ba.n.g' to thank as they exist as a result of the same! grin
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by wiegraf: 10:57am On Feb 21, 2013
Mr_Anony:

How is that a troll? It's insight on your 'love' and how you attained it, it's effects, etc...
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by DeepSight(m): 11:47am On Feb 21, 2013
Mr_Anony:
This is disingenuous of you because we both know that he was referring to an obligation relating to the creator and not the creation.

Are you really thinking carefully about what you are saying here? I know you to be a careful thinker, but are you sure you are not being colored here?

For otherwise, I cannot understand how you can say that "Love is not obligatory" for a being that is in fact said to be love itself.

Speaking from the point of view of the intrinsic intangible ontology of God, surely you are familiar with and understand the statements -

"God is Love"

"God is Truth"

Just so we are clear, these statements above are statements of the intrinsic intangible ontology of God - and not statements of things that God does. In other words, TRUTH is what God IS; LOVE is what God IS, and really, with deeper understanding these things are ONE.

As such, it then becomes paradoxical to say that what God ontologicaly is, he has no obligation to be. This would be like saying that water has no obligation to consist of Hydrogen and Oxygen. Or that a sphere has no obligation to be round. Or that a triangle is not obliged to have three sides.

Absurdity, no?

I hope you get my drift. As for Ihedinobi, I thought he meant love in a general sense, either for God or for man.

Anyway, this thread wins the all-time award for derailment into a plethora of other topics and is still going strong at 35 pages. Its become too untidy and muddled up, different issues flying every where. I want to create a thread specially on the nature of God so that we can discuss some of God's attributes as discussed here - but not just on the question of moral agency. We can also sum up your and thehomer's core points there, but I have my own questions for you which stem particularly from the idea of God as having certain choices. As being perfect. As making interventions. As correcting anomalies. And much more.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by thehomer: 11:50am On Feb 21, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Really? So you seriously can't see that numbers 2 and 3 are merely two halves of number 1?

What?! shocked Is this Mr_Anony or did someone hijack his account?

This has to be one of the most philosophically naive statements I've received from someone who claims to have some knowledge of philosophy. I should have seen this from when you tried to construct your syllogism.

Mr_Anony:
Premise 1: A creator is/is not bound by a moral obligation towards his creation.
Premise 2: God is a creator and man is His creation
Conclusion: Therefore God is/is not bound by a moral obligation towards man.

What you cited as premise 1 isn't a premise but an assertion that is illogical. You're saying a creator is or is not bound by a moral obligation towards his creation i.e a creator can be both bound by a moral obligation towards his creation and not bound ... towards his creation.

For you to show that it is circular, you'll have to show that I'm saying A is true because B is true.

There's the common one

Socrates is a man, Not Socrates is/is not a man
All men are mortal,
therefore Socrates is mortal. Not Socrates is/is not mortal

Mr_Anony:
Morality is To discriminate between right and wrong. . . .and no I don't see how the mere concept of discriminating between right and wrong imposes upon one an ought to do either right or wrong.

Good. Now what do you think it means to act morally?

Mr_Anony:
If you really can't see how your argument is circular then I really can't help you. A bachelor by definition is an unmarried man. So your argument really was:

"an unmarried man ought not to be married because to be an unmarried man means to not be married" See the problem with it now?

Upon looking at it again, I see an even more profound problem which perhaps will help you see the difference between an ought and an is. Compare these two following statements and tell me if they mean the same thing to you.

"an unmarried man ought not to be married"

"an unmarried man is not to be married"

My point(if you got it) is that you don't derive an ought from an is i.e. Concerning the creator; A description of him does not automatically impose an ought upon him.

This is just absurd. I didn't say "an unmarried man ought not to be married", I said to be a bachelor means to not be a married man. So if someone is described as being a bachelor, then for that description to be accurate, that person won't be married.

From the way you're speaking, it really doesn't look as if you understand what a circular argument is.

Once again, [size=14pt]a description is not an argument[/size].

A description of God can be accurate or inaccurate. I never said or implied that the description imposes anything on what is being described. The description doesn't make the entity the way it is, the way it is influences the description.

Mr_Anony:
1. I have told you before that it is unnecessary because it would be assuming an answer before asking the question. Basically you are requesting that I ask you a loaded question. That is not how it is done.

Wait identifying the creator means it is a loaded question? That makes no more sense than saying that identifying Mr. A as being a bachelor makes it a loaded to substitute Mr. A into the syllogism:

All bachelors are unmarried.
Mr. A is a bachelor.
Therefore Mr. A is unmarried.

Hell am I not the one to complain about loaded questions?

Mr_Anony:
2. I have already agreed with you that the concept of morality applies to sapient beings but I made it clear why it doesn't impose an ought upon them.

Yes you have accepted that and now, can you go one step further to say what it means for such a being to actually act in a way that is moral?

Mr_Anony:
3. I have now. See above

Good.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 21, 2013
Deep Sight:

Anyway, this thread wins the all-time award for derailment into a plethora of other topics and is still going strong at 35 pages. Its become too untidy and muddled up, different issues flying every where. I want to create a thread specially on the nature of God so that we can discuss some of God's attributes as discussed here - but not just on the question of moral agency. We can also sum up your and thehomer's core points there, but I have my own questions for you which stem particularly from the idea of God as having certain choices.

Wouldnt it be a boring thread? It would be Anony vs the rest. Too easy to destory their points. See how Ihedinobi is fumbling......

BTW, I still have an itch for debunking you that needs to be scratched
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by DeepSight(m): 12:06pm On Feb 21, 2013
Mr_Anony:

Anony, this, in the words of the Jews who heard Jesus speak, I must say that this is a hard saying indeed. A very hard saying.

For what indeed, causes the very distinction between right and wrong, if not a recognition of what ought to be done and what ought not to be done, hmmm?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Kay17: 12:13pm On Feb 21, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Let me put it like this for you. Supposing I say:

"Kay 17 is honest by nature Yoo can trust Kay 17 with your life": Does this mean that therefore Kay 17 totally lacks any ability whatsoever to choose whether to be honest or not?

Noooo Anony. That's similar to saying 1 = 2
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by DeepSight(m): 12:13pm On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wouldnt it be a boring thread? It would be Anony vs the rest. Too easy to destory their points. See how Ihedinobi is fumbling......

No, the topic, the nature of God, should be very interesting because I have a lot of questions and issues which have been simmering over the last six months or so, which I want to bring up.

BTW, I still have an itch for debunking you that needs to be scratched

Why should you be interested in debunking liars like me who spew empty rhetoric? Surely all your grand arguments have done that severally, and clearly on record, no?

Anyway, we still have an abandoned thread on Dawkins I have been meaning to return to and will get to it through this weekend. You can smash my head open there and eat monkey soup.

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 12:13pm On Feb 21, 2013
Deep Sight:

Are you really thinking carefully about what you are saying here? I know you to be a careful thinker, but are you sure you are not being colored here?

For otherwise, I cannot understand how you can say that "Love is not obligatory" for a being that is in fact said to be love itself.

Speaking from the point of view of the intrinsic intangible ontology of God, surely you are familiar with and understand the statements -

"God is Love"

"God is Truth"

Just so we are clear, these statements above are statements of the intrinsic intangible ontology of God - and not statements of things that God does. In other words, TRUTH is what God IS; LOVE is what God IS, and really, with deeper understanding these things are ONE.

As such, it then becomes paradoxical to say that what God ontologicaly is, he has no obligation to be. This would be like saying that water has no obligation to consist of Hydrogen and Oxygen. Or that a sphere has no obligation to be round. Or that a triangle is not obliged to have three sides.

Absurdity, no?

I hope you get my drift. As for Ihedinobi, I thought he meant love in a general sense, either for God or for man.

Anyway, this thread wins the all-time award for derailment into a plethora of other topics and is still going strong at 35 pages. Its become too untidy and muddled up, different issues flying every where. I want to create a thread specially on the nature of God so that we can discuss some of God's attributes as discussed here - but not just on the question of moral agency. We can also sum up your and thehomer's core points there, but I have my own questions for you which stem particularly from the idea of God as having certain choices. As being perfect. As making interventions. As correcting anomalies. And much more.
My dear friend deepsight. surely you do realize that "God is Love" and "God is Truth" are not the same as "Love is God" and "Truth is God".

If you are free to talk right now, I'll give you a phone call. Perhaps my speech will express it better than my typing.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by DeepSight(m): 12:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
Mr_Anony:
My dear friend deepsight. surely you do realize that "God is Love" and "God is Truth" are not the same as "Love is God" and "Truth is God".

If you are free to talk right now, I'll give you a phone call. Perhaps my speech will express it better than my typing.

Yes I am free to talk, but will still like to address other wider issues on the nature of God in a thread i will create, if you do not mind.

Please note: when you say -

- that "God is Love" and "God is Truth" are not the same as "Love is God" and "Truth is God".-

Please note that this is why I spoke about the intrinsic, intangible nature of God.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 12:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
Deep Sight:

Yes I am free to talk, but will still like to address other wider issues on the nature of God in a thread i will create, if you do not mind.
That's absolutely fine. My call is not to stop you from starting the thread but to better explain my points.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by DeepSight(m): 12:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
I refer of course, to primordial LOVE, primordial TRUTH.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 21, 2013
Mr_Anony:
That's absolutely fine. My call is not to stop you from starting the thread but to better explain my points.

Dont fall for it Deepsight! Anony knows an impending slaughter when he sees one.

He wants to hamper your ability to question his failed notions on God and love and moral authority.

Please read;

https://www.nairaland.com/1202716/cowardice-christianity-re-cowardice-atheism
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ooman(m): 12:31pm On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Dont fall for it Deepsight! Anony knows an impending slaughter when he sees one.

He wants to hamper your ability to question his failed notions on God and love and moral authority.

Please read;

https://www.nairaland.com/1202716/cowardice-christianity-re-cowardice-atheism

deepsight has a very crude knowledge of God. People are not deists anymore this days but deepsight hung on to the concept thinking life from non life is impossible.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 21, 2013
ooman:

deepsight has a very crude knowledge of God. People are not deists anymore this days but deepsight hung on to the concept thinking life from non life is impossible.

To be honest, DeepSight's deism makes more sense than your life from nothing.

We dont know how the first life came but we know that life came from life. To say life came from nothing or some inanimate matter you dont know is fallacious without proof.

Unfortuantely Deepsight's God must be designed with complexity more complex than the complex design that we are made of. Which there is no evidence for

smiley

Or did I get your position on first life wrong
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ooman(m): 12:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

We dont know how the first life came but we know that life came from life. To say life came from nothing or some inanimate matter you dont know is fallacious without proof.

Unfortuantely Deepsight's God must be designed with complexity more complex than the complex design that we are made of. Which there is no evidence for

smiley

oh, logic boy, you dont want to do this, davidylan, deepsight, etc only ended up with abuses and never a single premise of rebuff when i presented it to them because they can't understand it.

Are you sure you are up to this?

abiogenesis is wrong, but chemical evolution is never wrong.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
ooman:

oh, logic boy, you dont want to do this, davidylan, deepsight, etc only ended up with abuses and never a single premise of rebuff when i presented it to them because they can't understand it.

Are you sure you are up to this?

abiogenesis is wrong, but chemical evolution is never wrong.

Mind you, I dont believe in any god.

What I have a problem with is anyone claiming to know how first life came about especially theists with their Gods or atheists with some abiogenesis woo woo.

Your chemical evolution is a possiblity...aliens could have put the chemicals and the catalysts for life on earth.....it could have been spontaneous.......all of these are possiblities hat need evidence before I believe they happened
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by poopli: 12:45pm On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

smiley

it is true, organic evoltuion is the only explanation for all life, even though we dont have proof yet, it is the only possibility
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
poopli:

it is true, organic evoltuion is the only explanation for all life, even though we dont have proof yet, it is the only possibility

smiley
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ooman(m): 12:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Mind you, I dont believe in any god.

What I have a problem with is anyone claiming to know how first life came about especially theists with their Gods or atheists with some abiogenesis woo woo.

Your chemical evolution is a possiblity...aliens could have put the chemicals and the catalysts for life on earth.....it could have been spontaneous.......all of these are possiblities hat need evidence before I believe they happened

I just told you abiogenesis is a wrong conception, we know this now but the philosophies behind chemical evolution and not the proofs yet, confirms it possibility. Further research will prove this.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 21, 2013
ooman:

I just told you abiogenesis is a wrong conception, we know this now but the philosophies behind chemical evolution and not the proofs yet, confirms it possibility. Further research will prove this.

If the evidence comes out, I will believe.

What Annoys me is that Deepsight and Anony will never agree that their God is an impossiblity which they believe in without evidence.

Anony's God- spaceless, timeless, matterless- a scientific impossiblity. He keeps failing to show how he kn ow htese things about God.

Deepsight's God- creates the world from nothing and then f4cks off

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (79) (Reply)

Benny Hinn At Ayo Oritsejafor's Church In Warri. Photos / One Word For This Pastor. Picture. / Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.