Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,725 members, 7,935,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 10:06 PM

The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? (18390 Views)

What's The First Thing That Attracts You To The Opposite Sex? / Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / What Is The Funniest Thing You Ever Found Yourself Doing Around Opposite Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by MANOSUB(m): 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
This may not be relevant for those being harassed in d work place. Call his name, follow by, 'are you going to base this relationship in sex?' before he finished answering, take ur bag n walk away. Dnt 4get sum guys wont give up if u stay.
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by Sagamite(m): 6:42pm On Feb 21, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: Saggamite, because we're classy and quiet, I'm going to peck you on the left cheek instead of kicking your soccer balls.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by AKDON(m): 6:42pm On Feb 21, 2013
If its a man...look for an attractive lady for him.we men are attracted by what we see..and do it subtly
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by Akaraiwe(m): 6:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
Invite him for a drink.Whisper to him you have got STDs!

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by Sagamite(m): 6:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
Akaraiwe: Invite him for a drink.Whisper to him you have got STDs!

I know of one yardie Jamo guy in London that was told this by a girl he was trying to bed (i.e. she is HIV+).

Guess what the guy did?

He said, "Okay, can I have a head then"?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We still laugh in my crew when we think of such classic history. grin

I am sure that guy would not be alive today, he must have caught something and died. grin

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by dammytosh: 6:52pm On Feb 21, 2013
Say no in words
Say no in attention
Say no in chat
Say no to his money
and Say No as if u mean No.

Not all those

"PING !!"

"You just fashied my side abi ? " chats.

When you say NO, mean NO.

Bad boys have grown to hear NO even as they un-dress a lady until they are through, she will still maintain her "NO" so they might mistaken you for some one similar.
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by Smilenw(f): 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
I so understand this woman's plight...well, lady try these :

1) If the man is married/ has a GF, get a male friend to give her an anonymous call n tell her that he is having an affair with u(ur name has to be mentioned for best results).

2) If he is single, just get that same friend to call this admirer of yours n tell him to stay away from u, tht the caller is a gangster who's been vying for ur attention for years and has vowed to get rid of anybody who comes to woo you and spoil his chancessmiley

Either way, you won't be blamed smiley
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 21, 2013
Bros/ sister. Make we no give devil chance o. God is watching.
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by FXKing2012(m): 7:34pm On Feb 21, 2013
zoelife: Hello house,
What do you think is the best way to effectively turn down advances of the opposite sex without being rude or blunt and still being 'cool' (on good terms) with such a person. Especially when u have to (eg if he/she is ur boss, colleague, etc)

Tell him you are a virgin and you intend to stay chaste until wedding day.

Trust me this works 98% of the time; only 2% of men are willing to stay pure till the D-day.

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by andyanders: 7:38pm On Feb 21, 2013
having gone through your topic, I can deduce that you are just in a very difficult situation in which your no could be translated in a negative way because of the individual involved. There are men who are demonically possessed that they will love to have you at all cost no matter the way you tend to handle this with him within an office environment. Your No, could trigger problem for you. Your pretense could as well be difficult to be interpreted by the man who is after you- your boss.

Now, if you are a Christian,just carry God around and start giving him religious tracks and even christian books and dress properly while in the office environment. It could be your mode of dressing whereby you show off your cleavages that triggered his lust on you. Change the way you dress and go religious and carry God along.
Tell him that you are a born again and appreciate him as a person but cannot go into relationship with him.
If he persist, you can lie to him that your previous boyfriend tested positive to hiv and you have been under series of tests. You do not want to risk your life or himself.
Some men are too possessed that they cannot take their eyes off a woman hence you need God to overcome them. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by Ferdinandu(m): 8:01pm On Feb 21, 2013
Take the person out or the other way round allow the person to take u out and then during the process politely explain to the person that the reason why you allowed the outing is to explain to him or her that there is absolutely no way that two of you can be Lovers but you can be just good Friends. I'm sure a reasonable person will understand
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by Orikinla(m): 8:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
Let your NO BE NO and not changed when you see the cash flows. grin
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2013
OP, The best way is to make incessant high price demands. He will be the one to run politely. There is no limit to what you can ask, I pursued one sweet gurl, and her first demand was 400k to help pay her rent, next was 600k to help add to complete payment for her car, the next was a holiday at Dubai cos her friends are going so she brought her passport we can process and go start our relation, I politely ran, cos the way it was going, she would have demanded my mama's head.
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by jara: 8:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
The real deal is that some ladies and men enjoy the pursuit after no answer than getting the real thing. A girl attitude may be: your job is to pursue me and my joy is to turn you down. In the case of a man: all girls follow me; even when he cannot perform, he still enjoys it.

Actually it may turn the other way around once the one pursuing backs off.
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by Mamacita007(f): 8:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
tell him you are married to Jesus satan leave me alone llolll grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by FXKing2012(m): 8:25pm On Feb 21, 2013
Mamacita007: tell him you are married to Jesus satan leave me alone llolll grin grin
Are we in primary school?
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by phadat(m): 8:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
I currently av a situation like this in my office ,the boss asking a junior officer out and the lady in question politely told him no but bossman would have none of that and is threatening her, my advice to her was to record the conversation xpecially the threat part and we ll take it up from there
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
@OP
different strokes for different folks and it all depends on what kind of woman you are.
if you are:
- strongminded/brazzen/not easily intimidated/audacious then simply tell this guy:"thanks for the offer but i am certainly not interested, and if i ever lose my damn mind and sink that low, i will send you a postcard to let you know"
sometimes, the best way to deal with it is to act as crazy as that person seem to be.

- shy/quiet/easily intimidated say NO NO NO then avoid him and refuse to communicate with him ever again. try to never be alone in the office with him, and if anyone asks why then be very honest about the reason.
if this doesnt solve the problem then just ask a few "mad looking" area boys from your neighborhood to come meet you outside your place of work, then when he comes out, point him out OPENLY to them......that will have him stay away from your case for good!

and if all fails, then this is the time for you to look at yourself in the mirror and ask the IMPORTANT question:"is this job so important to me that i will become a prostitute to keep it?!"
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by Deiok(m): 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2013
Tell him or her that the last 6 persons you had sex with 4 of them are dead. And watch what will happen from that day.
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2013
Hahaha! OMG. Some really funny answers dere.
I think @sagamite has a point. Some heavy taxing wld scare off a stingy man. Dats d indirect way. And its foolproof. Gat notin to lose. Lol again at dat answer.
D direct way, I tell u, often reads to prey-hungry men as 'bring it on.yummy'
Good one sagamite.
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
^^^^ yeah but you will be sending a very WRONG MSG to this guy......... he will now A) believe that you actually are ok with dating him (even if for a fee), B) send ALL his deep pocket and generous friends to you and C) tell the whole office about your demands (he has to in order to save face), and will portray you as the office skank. VERY BAD MOVE!!!!!
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by dasparrow: 9:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
M M M: Op

1st of all u need 2 ask d guy what he wants from you

A. Punnny
B. Dating
C. Courtship
D. Marriage

And if he wants (A. Punnny) u better give it 2 him since u re not a virgin.

So d both of u can go ur way & u will also rest & have peace of mind. undecided

That is the dumbest advise I have read on Nairaland in a long time. So, because a woman is not a virgin, she should just go about giving her private part to whichever man asks for it? I can now see why so many Nigerians have one STD/STI after the other. You guys have turned your women into sluts in that country. Shame!
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by monalicious(f): 10:38pm On Feb 21, 2013
zoelife: @mona: by actions do you mean totally keeping away for the perso,? Wat if dis isn't possible and ur mere presence triggers off wanting in the person?
Ʋ dnt hv to keep away from the person,bt whenever he/she makes advances,dnt hesitate to let d person know Ʋ r not interested.dnt act,so d person isn't embarassed,be very plain and blunt about ur irritaion.
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by Sagamite(m): 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
dammytosh: Say no in words
Say no in attention
Say no in chat
Say no to his money
and Say No as if u mean No.

Not all those

"PING !!"

"You just fashied my side abi ? " chats.

When you say NO, mean NO.

Bad boys have grown to hear NO even as they un-dress a lady until they are through, she will still maintain her "NO" so they might mistaken you for some one similar.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You definitely know Naija girls. grin
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by 9icetoo(m): 7:37am On Feb 22, 2013
zoelife: @mona: by actions do you mean totally keeping away for the perso,? Wat if dis isn't possible and ur mere presence triggers off wanting in the person?
@uboma:wat if the person already knows this(cld be married even) and just won't back off?

@House: not saying dis is a personal issue for me, just need to hear how best u would accept a rebuff. A direct NO, beating about the bush to wear off the other party, or what else wld work? Without creating u enemies all the time.
Do you really want that person as a friend or a colleague? what do you value more, your integrity or your 'realtionship with that person'?
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 22, 2013
@nicetoo: both are very essential. And rmba these events happen everyday. There has to be a better way around it. Or shd we now go hide in a cave?
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by HURUCHI(m): 9:47am On Feb 22, 2013
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by CHIMSKY(m): 10:10am On Feb 22, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
well, if you are in a relationship, you politely say thank you but im in a relationship...and let your body gesture and mannerism confirm what you are saying...that way you can still be on good terms...

But if he continues to "harass" you,...at that point, there's no need to be on good terms with him.....then you can just take the necessary actions for him to get your point....harassment is irritating to me...because I have a daughter.....
What's the connection betweenharrasment and a daughter?
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by dplomaticVal: 11:16am On Feb 22, 2013
lynpetra:

Go tell that to my lecturer and see if you will leave skool undecidedthey don't even care if you are with child this days.
wow...has he seen µr waist? wink
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by Wadynatural(f): 1:22pm On Feb 22, 2013
M M M: Op

1st of all u need 2 ask d guy what he wants from you

A. Punnny
B. Dating
C. Courtship
D. Marriage

And if he wants (A. Punnny) u better give it 2 him since u re not a virgin. U are not serious. If u don't know wat 2 say,keep ur mouth shut!!!

So d both of u can go ur way & u will also rest & have peace of mind. undecided
Re: The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex? by Franky9584(m): 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2013
Hmmmm, u tink sayn 'NO' wil solve d prblm? Especialy wen d said person z ur boss who posible appraises u at d end of d month? If u lik do d whole work in ur place of work n ur appraisal z low, my guy z nt easy o. Just pray over it dat he/she neva rembers u. Thx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? / 5 Quick Signs You Need To Move On / What Lesson Has Friends Taught You So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.