Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,157 members, 7,939,649 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 09:48 AM

Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University (11902 Views)

Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike / Photos: OAU Students Protest Over President Jonathan's Visit / OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by KingOmarion(m): 3:19pm On Feb 25, 2013
Four students down....oh God help your people
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by IamAthens(m): 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
NSUK have been closed down indefinately due to the ongoing unrest with rumours having it that not less than five students have been confirmed dead. #Sad story
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by Ajpharm(m): 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
HOTWATER: And this is a state governed by CPC . Just thinking again what magic CPC has done in Nassarwa , that they want to come and do at the federal level . Hungry Hunters
I never knew somebody could be this DAFT. Why are you trying to bring politics into this matter? Stupid Pdp Asslicker. The main thing is that Nigerian students are suffering.

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by Ajpharm(m): 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
This is not true democracy
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by MadCow1: 3:49pm On Feb 25, 2013
Ajpharm: I never knew somebody could be this DAFT. Why are you trying to bring politics into this matter? Stupid Pdp Asslicker. The main thing is that Nigerian students are suffering.

And a CPC government ordered the Military to shoot at unarmed students!! Same way the CPC governments encouraged their supporters to kill corp members.

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by gidson02(m): 3:50pm On Feb 25, 2013
Panter215: Untill vice chancellors are held responsible for the problem of their schools, this nonsense will continue. Why will a federal university lack water?
not fed. Uni. Is the state university located in keffi, why the fed. Uni. Is located in lafia the state capital, there we have everything we need no nid of protestin. grin
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by olempe(m): 3:53pm On Feb 25, 2013
idlaw2k3: Just because of water??

I wonder Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo, at last they will get the water, and but the life that's lost is gone forever.
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by BeraBera(f): 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2013
Na wa oh, for me, no matter what our grievances are, violence and taking to the streets is not always the best way to go about it. Now look at it, students has been killed and some others wounded. I believe there must be more mature and rational ways of driving home our points and getting our problems solved.

RIP to the dead, quick recovery to the injured.
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by TableLeg(m): 3:57pm On Feb 25, 2013
idlaw2k3:
I dont have to decend to using gutter language just to make a point. Get the context. I am outraged that people should die just because they are legitimately asking the autorities to provide water.
It is descend not decend, olodo!
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by Mobsync(m): 3:58pm On Feb 25, 2013
Mad Cow:

And a CPC government ordered the Military to shoot at unarmed students!! Same way the CPC governments encouraged their supporters to kill corp members.

Get ur acts straight. Goodluck Jonathan is the the president and commander in chief of the armed forces and must have sent the soldiers there but it's one thing to send someone somewhere and it's another for the person to do as sent. But with the Nigerian situation today, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the state governor or even the vc that called the soldiers with Jonathan knowing nothing about it. But it's bad, really really bad.
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by BeraBera(f): 3:58pm On Feb 25, 2013
Secondly, this issue of soldiers or policemen shooting sporadically at protesting people really has to be looked into. I'm aware that in some countries, security agents use rubber/ fake bullets to disperse crowd. Must we use real bullets? The relevant authorities really have to procure fake/rubber bullets for such purposes. Haba!
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by MadCow1: 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
Mobsync:

Get ur acts straight. Goodluck Jonathan is the the president and commander in chief of the armed forces and must have sent the soldiers there but it's one thing to send someone somewhere and it's another for the person to do as sent. But with the Nigerian situation today, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the state governor or even the vc that called the soldiers with Jonathan knowing nothing about it. But it's bad, really really bad.

Wow!!!

And I am supposed to be the mad person here.... shocked
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
Failed government, for God sake, the anti-riot police should have been sent to curtail this crisis, and not the soldiers, Soldiers Vs students when the students weren't even armed
Unfortunately the deaths of the student would be swept under the carpet.
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by mosquitoNet(m): 4:12pm On Feb 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

Does the VC live on campus?! If yes, you and the other students should go to his house, vandalise his borehole and overhead tank, then kidnap his wife!! angry
lol omo see advice, all hail the Okijiacheesy alua continuasad
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by GboyegaD(m): 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2013
Amusing the funny things Nigerian students do. Why not lodge your complaint with the right authority and in this case which should be the Local Government Water Board or does the school generates its water itself?
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by Dankarara(m): 4:25pm On Feb 25, 2013
Na only God fit help dis country o
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by MadCow1: 4:25pm On Feb 25, 2013
[size=18pt]THIS CAN ONLY HAPPEN BECAUSE NIGERIAN STUDENTS HAVE NO REPUTATION ANYMORE!!!

How dare the soldiers touch an SUG President.. Even under military regime sef, e no happen..
[/size]

Weakness is all I see. The intelligent students are not in the SUG. The bold ones are not their either. SUG has been taken over by Charlatans. Back in the days, by now... Universities Nationwide would be under seige...

All I see around me is Weakness..

R.I.P to the Nigerian SUG!!!! Gone are the days when you were a force to reckon with.
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by mrofficial2(m): 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2013
GboyegaD: Amusing the funny things Nigerian students do. Why not lodge your complaint with the right authority and in this case which should be the Local Government Water Board or does the school generates its water itself?

Talk about irresponsibility, that's the case. What made you think that the students haven't done that?
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by Jaideyone(m): 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2013
Mad Cow:

oh really? Since when did the millitary start taking orders from the state government?
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by Onoru1(m): 4:41pm On Feb 25, 2013
Soldiers reportedly gunned down five students of Nasarawa State University, Keffi over Protest for lack of basic amenities in the school.

Another extra-judicial killing in Nigeria.

Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by Onoru1(m): 4:41pm On Feb 25, 2013
Soldiers reportedly gunned down five students of Nasarawa State University, Keffi over Protest for lack of basic amenities in the school.

Another extra-judicial killing in Nigeria.

Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by wazobiaforu(m): 4:45pm On Feb 25, 2013
There is nothing like peaceful protest in Nigeria, once you start it then you must all ready to face the living dead army because that is the only way gov know in how to shut the mouth of the masses

Nigeria need total revolution, Nigerian need a very strong group of people to fight for the masses.

All the military men know that if they kill nobody will hold the killer responsible but gov so they can fire as they want

Had it been that all the so called fraternity and also BH fight for the masses then the gov will fear fear.

Police don kill up to 5 harmless civilian this year and go free and soldier are doing their own now

Revolution Revolution is all we need
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by ipswitch: 4:50pm On Feb 25, 2013
see as our own ministry dey grow for naija!!!! Student protested over lack of water, five gunned down, abi wat type of country/ democracy is dis? Why not invite the police first ? undecidedThe VC knows about this, sum one should pay!! The dead are sum ppls kids!!!
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
Panter215: Untill vice chancellors are held responsible for the problem of their schools, this nonsense will continue. Why will a federal university lack water?

Nassarawa state university
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by Okijajuju1(m): 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
Jaidey-one:
oh really? Since when did the millitary start taking orders from the state government?

how funny...

The military that takes orders from even MTN. Come and see what we use Nigerian Military to do in Port-Harcourt. Even Timaya dey use them as Gateman for ehn house.

Abeg talk another thing jor.

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by mbhs139(m): 7:59pm On Feb 25, 2013
Okija_juju: THIS IS 2013 FFS!!! Im sure your phone has a camera, take pictures jor!!

I'm using Nokia 3310
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by mbhs139(m): 8:03pm On Feb 25, 2013
Mobsync:

that may be correct. It has once happened before, when GEJ was the substantive president when Umar was sick. Soldiers were dispatched by Turai without GEJ's knowledge. and i guess nothing happened at the end of the day
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by donkray: 8:24pm On Feb 25, 2013
I was a victim today at the road block, i graduated there some 2 years ago. it was a mannerless protest as students (may be not) took to vandalizing cars and attacking innocent travelers, not less than 15 cars were destroyed (the ones i saw) some a sick man on his way to the hospital (FMC Keffi) died in the road block. It was so so so far from peaceful protest. for Christ sake there was a time we bought pure water to bath in that same school, fetched water at boreholes through the nights, patronized Mai ruwas, whats wrong with our mentality? Violence is taking over the country. if our government has failed must we now kill our selves ?

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by Winneygirl(f): 8:55pm On Feb 25, 2013
When Prof. Adamu Baikie was VC, students protested. He came all d way down and calmed d students.
A peaceful protest remained peaceful.

2day, NSUK has another VC who did not try 2calm his students. He was aware when his own students were manhandled by military men and some brutally murdered.
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by lanreigah(m): 10:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
Okija_juju: They should burn down the hostel... angry

That way, the government will have to rebuild it properly from scratch... angry
Йą wa fo Ɣ☺ΰ Oº°˚˚°º
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by hemen: 11:02pm On Feb 25, 2013
Srry abt dat..
Re: Protest Over Water At Nasarawa University by brownlord: 11:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
Let that school be closed down permanently, God purnish all the student, so they start a protest they cannot finish, chai, all this nasarawa uni. Student na weakly o, Ambrose alli uni. Na skool jor, i duff my heart for anyone that made it from that school alive, rugged and dugged aauite, una bam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Calculate LASU Departmental Cut Off Mark / What Is Your Experience With UNN Itranscript Portal? / Absu Releases Its Admission Merit List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.