Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,924 members, 7,942,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:08 AM

Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder (30899 Views)

Fashola Blames Jonathan For Lekki-ikoyi Robbery / Fashola Blames Lagosians For Delayed Projects / Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 03, 2013
Want to get this straight... Do these killers go to the juction, call an okada man and ask him how much it will cost to drive them to LASU so they can 'just'shoot some one and return to the junction?!!
Fash no fall people hand abeg!

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by talktimi(m): 10:02am On Mar 03, 2013
Its funny eko ile of all people coming to this thread and calling people thugs but what more does one expect from fashola's house boy ? Eko ile your antecedents on nairaland speak much about the kind of person you really are making you the actual thug but as usual I won't blame a small boy who has no home trainig for his stu#pidity, its your hopeless parents I have to blame on this one then the person who provided you with internet subscription to be yarning rubbish all over nairaland. I have said it before and I'll say it again, cowards only have balls behind a computer screen. I guess you're amongst those who got employed by baba fash after thrashing lekki residents who protested double toll gates on one tiny stretch of road. Eko ile indeed

1 Like

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by ThaProf: 10:03am On Mar 03, 2013
I wonder you all are whinning about Fashola's decision to ban okada in strategic places. We know the volumes of crime that have been committed on bikes. I've seen enough with my own eyes, it's way too easier for criminals to get away on a bike than say a keke.

Lagos is not the first state to ban okadas and won't be the last. The fact is Nigerians are all frustrated and always looking for ways to get back at goverment for all their troubles. We know the people that spoilt Nigeria and BRF is NOT one of them, do give him a break.

Instead of whinning about okada ban, why not we device other means of cheap and fast travel within the metropolis?? Or don't you think the government would gladly take your suggestions if they make sense??

It's not as if BRF instructed the LASTMAs, FRSC, KAI, Police etc to harrass riders. We know he's an activist against injustice and extortion. State your claim correctly and let's see if the officer is not punished.

Finally, as a matter of fact, there are a few governors I'd gladly vote to the presidency in 2015. Fashola, Akpabio, Rochas people ready to serve irrespective of where they're from.

So let's be wise and not use ignorance and allow the old guards get into power to further destroy the debris. We know them. End of!
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by talktimi(m): 10:28am On Mar 03, 2013
ThaProf: I wonder you all are whinning about Fashola's decision to ban okada in strategic places. We know the volumes of crime that have been committed on bikes. I've seen enough with my own eyes, it's way too easier for criminals to get away on a bike than say a keke.

Lagos is not the first state to ban okadas and won't be the last. The fact is Nigerians are all frustrated and always looking for ways to get back at goverment for all their troubles. We know the people that spoilt Nigeria and BRF is NOT one of them, do give him a break.

Instead of whinning about okada ban, why not we device other means of cheap and fast travel within the metropolis?? Or don't you think the government would gladly take your suggestions if they make sense??

It's not as if BRF instructed the LASTMAs, FRSC, KAI, Police etc to harrass riders. We know he's an activist against injustice and extortion. State your claim correctly and let's see if the officer is not punished.

Finally, as a matter of fact, there are a few governors I'd gladly vote to the presidency in 2015. Fashola, Akpabio, Rochas people ready to serve irrespective of where they're from.

So let's be wise and not use ignorance and allow the old guards get into power to further destroy the debris. We know them. End of!
pls scratch Rochas from that your presidential list first, someone that was sacked from NAMA for stealing $1 million some years back, na who know wetin him dey do with Imo state treasury ?
Back to topic, most people arent really angry about Fashola banning okada from strategic routes its just his trying to blame it on okada when we all know that vehicles of all kinds are used to perpetrate crimes, like some rightly asked on this thread, did the killers go to a junction, call a bike man and say "we're going to kill someone @ lasu gate, how much ?". Its obvious to everyone around that vicinity that the late artiste was killed by cultists and that he was also a cultist. I saw a munched photo from his facebook page where his fellow cult mates promised to avenge his killing so the proper and right thing Fashola should have done was to condemn the killing which he actually did then institute ways to stamp out cultism in LASU. Everyone who passes that route knows that okada weren't banned from there and if you're banning okada because of robberies and killings, then cars should be banned because of kidnappings, buses should be banned for one chance and pick pockets, while boats & other vessels should be banned because of piracy and oil bunkering. Its just simple logic.
The security apparatus in the state in this instance has to be re calibrated, he's the chief security officer and he can order it.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by mbhs139(m): 10:35am On Mar 03, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Just go back and read that post again, you will find that Fashola never blamed Okada for the murder but merely highlighted that fact that again Okada was used by the killers of the young man. He also mentioned the medicl doctor who was killed by His assailants who rode on Okada. On the basis of His submission, it is obviously in His place to buttress his point about the legislation put in place to restrict the use of Okada and possibly the outright ban of it in the very near future.

Please go back and read that article again and ask yourself if Fashola actually blamed Okada for the death of the young man.

100 likes for you at the bolded: you are right on point.

It seems some people don't read before they comment.
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by ThaProf: 10:47am On Mar 03, 2013
talktimi: pls scratch Rochas from that your presidential list first, someone that was sacked from NAMA for stealing $1 million some years back, na who know wetin him dey do with Imo state treasury ?
Back to topic, most people arent really angry about Fashola banning okada from strategic routes its just his trying to blame it on okada when we all know that vehicles of all kinds are used to perpetrate crimes, like some rightly asked on this thread, did the killers go to a junction, call a bike man and say "we're going to kill someone @ lasu gate, how much ?". Its obvious to everyone around that vicinity that the late artiste was killed by cultists and that he was also a cultist. I saw a munched photo from his facebook page where his fellow cult mates promised to avenge his killing so the proper and right thing Fashola should have done was to condemn the killing which he actually did then institute ways to stamp out cultism in LASU. Everyone who passes that route knows that okada weren't banned from there and if you're banning okada because of robberies and killings, then cars should be banned because of kidnappings, buses should be banned for one chance and pick pockets, while boats & other vessels should be banned because of piracy and oil bunkering. Its just simple logic.
The security apparatus in the state in this instance has to be re calibrated, he's the chief security officer and he can order it.

Yeah, your point is very valid mate. But as the Chief Security Officer of the state, he recieves recommendations and advice from the commisioner of Police, Security Advisers etc. Have you read the official Police statement on the event? The Police PRO said it wasn't done in the school premises, hence it's not a fraternal killing. They even categorised it as robbery/murder.

Now can you blame the poor man who acts on the advise of these people? I for one is totally against okadas, and not cos crimes are committed with them but the risk in general. A lot of people have been amputated and killed by okada accidents. And I still repeat it, it's VERY easy to escape on a bike.

I believe you've had a keke ride before. Hope you felt how comfortable and serene the ride was? It carries more people, hence reducing Carbon emmision. We can make more advanced ones for our transport system and enjoy them together.

As for Rochas, the main point I like about him is his education model but I think he's way better than his predecessor
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Memphis357(m): 11:42am On Mar 03, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
What has university tuition fees got to do with murder supposedly committed by cultist and it is being alleged the murder victim Himself is also a cultist? It is people like you that would spend N90,000 buying blackberry yet continue to spew rubbish when asked to pay tuition fees that is fair and reason compared to standards elsewhere.

Your very attempt to rubbish the man Fashola by asking the question about how much was budgeted for security shows you really do not mean well for Lagos. I won't be surprise that you are also one of those committing crime in Lagos, yet would open your mouth and spew rubbish in NL
Oga,I beg stop all this sentimental talk. Ask your bastard governor whether he paid tuition when he got his law degree from UNIBEN.
Dumbfuck!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by talktimi(m): 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
ThaProf:

Yeah, your point is very valid mate. But as the Chief Security Officer of the state, he recieves recommendations and advice from the commisioner of Police, Security Advisers etc. Have you read the official Police statement on the event? The Police PRO said it wasn't done in the school premises, hence it's not a fraternal killing. They even categorised it as robbery/murder.

Now can you blame the poor man who acts on the advise of these people? I for one is totally against okadas, and not cos crimes are committed with them but the risk in general. A lot of people have been amputated and killed by okada accidents. And I still repeat it, it's VERY easy to escape on a bike.

I believe you've had a keke ride before. Hope you felt how comfortable and serene the ride was? It carries more people, hence reducing Carbon emmision. We can make more advanced ones for our transport system and enjoy them together.

As for Rochas, the main point I like about him is his education model but I think he's way better than his predecessor
HEEEEY!!! Let me not blasphem but if that was the report given to him by the police, the we as ordinary citizens are in trouble. In fact I wouldn't even blame the governor for any comment he made sef.
This just goes to show that the Nigerian police are just a lazy and incompetent bunch and infact I'm ashamed of them. Its quite obvious they didn't want to go through the whole rigmarole of inviting witnesses, arresting suspects and charging them to court in other words Damoche just died for nothing.
On okada/keke issue, I don't like any of them and avoid their usage as much as possible since I have a car but there are people who don't have such luxury, some others have to trek a good distance to get to where they can board a keke, while in a highly populated city/state like Lagos, there are those who just have to board bikes just to meet up important appointments no matter their status in society. This issue of okada wouldn't have even come up in the first place if our political elders from the first/second republics had put in place policies like viable intra city/state railways & subways with other efficient modes of transportation like is available in London, New York & Paris. In such an instance, even the so called "big men" would leave their numerous cars at home prefering to use public transportation instead thereby easing the pressure on our roads and easing traffic considerably. Thank God Fashola has started a railway project, my prayer now is that other state govts take up such a policy and possibly integrate it in their respective regions.

Rochas is by far better than Ohakim (his predecessor), his education model might be good but I've seen something far better in Rivers state under Amaechi. You can confirm from any regular visitor or resident of Rivers state about a situation where many parents pulled out their kids from over priced private schools to well equiped public schools. At least Rochas is making a positive effort sha.
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by ThaProf: 12:42pm On Mar 03, 2013
Memphis357:
Oga,I beg stop all this sentimental talk. Ask your bastard governor whether he paid tuition when he got his law degree from UNIBEN.
Dumbfuck!!!!

"Bastard governor" No he didn't pay as much tuition as today but when he got his Law degree, Fuel price was closer to ₦1 but today it's closer to ₦100, when he got it, transport fare was closer to ₦1 but today Apapa-Oshodi is closer to ₦200. Hence things are not the same. Even the great Awolowo never said education was free, he just ofset the cost to enable his people to be educated. NB: I'm a Lasuite too and I'm not from the West.

Then we go to the issue of high tuition in proper. When the fees were pretty low, my people complained that the standard was very low, then travelling to study in Cotonou/Togo. COTONOU that can't flex muscles with Eti-Osa LGA on a normal day. Just like an American leaving the US to school in Mexico, Haiti or Hunduras.

The fees were raised to generate more money in turn to increase the standards which we all crave for.

An iPhone costs upwards of 100k grin
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by ThaProf: 1:04pm On Mar 03, 2013
talktimi: HEEEEY!!! Let me not blasphem but if that was the report given to him by the police, the we as ordinary citizens are in trouble. In fact I wouldn't even blame the governor for any comment he made sef.
This just goes to show that the Nigerian police are just a lazy and incompetent bunch and infact I'm ashamed of them. Its quite obvious they didn't want to go through the whole rigmarole of inviting witnesses, arresting suspects and charging them to court in other words Damoche just died for nothing.
On okada/keke issue, I don't like any of them and avoid their usage as much as possible since I have a car but there are people who don't have such luxury, some others have to trek a good distance to get to where they can board a keke, while in a highly populated city/state like Lagos, there are those who just have to board bikes just to meet up important appointments no matter their status in society. This issue of okada wouldn't have even come up in the first place if our political elders from the first/second republics had put in place policies like viable intra city/state railways & subways with other efficient modes of transportation like is available in London, New York & Paris. In such an instance, even the so called "big men" would leave their numerous cars at home prefering to use public transportation instead thereby easing the pressure on our roads and easing traffic considerably. Thank God Fashola has started a railway project, my prayer now is that other state govts take up such a policy and possibly integrate it in their respective regions.

Rochas is by far better than Ohakim (his predecessor), his education model might be good but I've seen something far better in Rivers state under Amaechi. You can confirm from any regular visitor or resident of Rivers state about a situation where many parents pulled out their kids from over priced private schools to well equiped public schools. At least Rochas is making a positive effort sha.

This your post says it all my brother. Nigeria didn't get to this sorry state overnight. An oligarchy urinated together to produce this great foam. All we can do now is to appreciate any government doing something positive and encourage them to do more.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Demdem(m): 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2013
ThaProf:

This your post says it all my brother. Nigeria didn't get to this sorry state overnight. An oligarchy urinated together to produce this great foam. All we can do now is to appreciate any government doing something positive and encourage them to do more.

I like ur points to be honest. Fashola spoke these words less than 48hrs after the incidence and by then the police haven't even come out to declare categorically that it was a cult attack. Even now I doubt if they have. Most peeps including me though believe its cultism.

Fashola isn't most people, he is the governor. Even if his guts tells him its cultism, it will be unwise to declare such therby preempting the police investigation and pronouncement. Then we will have another retardeen on our hands who declared that MEND wasn't responsible for Oct1 bombblast before mend came out to take responsibility.

What is certain and glaringly clear and from various eye witnesses is the fact that these killers escaped with the use of Okada and that explains why Fashola decided to restrict himself to that and even at that he didn't blame the murder on Okada.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by ImperialMcHael(m): 12:03am On Mar 04, 2013
Ejiné: Is this man an idiiot?

I blame Wole Soyinka for Damoche's murder.

And guess what? As crazy as mine sounds, it is actually closer to the truth than Fashola's wink
straight on point!!!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by ImperialMcHael(m): 12:03am On Mar 04, 2013
Ejiné: Is this man an idiiot?

I blame Wole Soyinka for Damoche's murder.

And guess what? As crazy as mine sounds, it is actually closer to the truth than Fashola's wink
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by tomzman: 1:32am On Mar 04, 2013
Banning okada I support but this reason by Fashola is a lame one.
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by djustice: 1:42am On Mar 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1: This statement goes to show Fashola's sophistication in governance. Here in the UK and even in the US, you often see and hear politicians use an incident to promote a government piece of legislation and to drive home their message why it is highly needed. And it helps keep the issues at the fore front and people continue to discuss it and expose themselves towhat the legislation is all about. It has achieved success for most of these politicians down here and no doubt this is exactly what Fashola was trying to do.

His message about community policing by the citizen is very important. A situation where some particular people will go to the village and bring 15 people back with them to lagos to come squat in the name of doing business, hustling etc and after a few days you can't find them anymore. Yet people are wondering why crime in Lagos is suddenly on the increase. Those that live in that neighbourhood should rightly inform the police and security agencies so they keep an eye on such peeps.

This was how people from Akwa-Ibom invaded the GRA in Benin with their brothers and sisters all in the name of squatting and doing Okada business during the day and the once very peaceful GRA with its lovely greens became a zone of constant robbery!

Amazing! You have got to be the most cretinious fool I've ever had the misfortune to read from on this forum. What is all this opaks you're yarning in the name of defending the indefensible? Sophistication? Is that what governance is now about? No wonder they say the idiot is an elitist governor. He's obviously taking lots of bad advice from speed-addled cretins like you. Oloshi buruku.

A young man has died, murdered by suspected cultists, and instead of using the opportunity to address the issue of cultism in an institution where he himself recently increased fees astronomically without a corresponding improvement in, for instance, security, he's busy talking about okada. Wait sef, is it possible Fashola ordered the hit on this guy and is slyly trying to deflect attention from his assassins? Or is he himself a senior member of a cult?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by seanet02: 4:06am On Mar 04, 2013
djustice:

Amazing! You have got to be the most cretinious fool I've ever had the misfortune to read from on this forum. What is all this opaks you're yarning in the name of defending the indefensible? Sophistication? Is that what governance is now about? No wonder they say the idiot is an elitist governor. He's obviously taking lots of bad advice from speed-addled cretins like you. Oloshi buruku.

A young man has died, murdered by suspected cultists, and instead of using the opportunity to address the issue of cultism in an institution where he himself recently increased fees astronomically without a corresponding improvement in, for instance, security, he's busy talking about okada. Wait sef, is it possible Fashola ordered the hit on this guy and is slyly trying to deflect attention from his assassins? Or is he himself a senior member of a cult?
O boy. Your brain is full of filth and Ediocy.
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by seguno2: 7:52am On Mar 04, 2013
ThaProf:

Really is this ALL we can do
Appreciate mediocrity (AVERAGE around 50%, which is different poor) performance?
And we should not criticise the false moves to put them on their toes?
I wonder what parent will treat his kid that way and expect her to be the best in class!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by ThaProf: 2:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
seguno2:

Really is this ALL we can do
Appreciate mediocrity (AVERAGE around 50%, which is different poor) performance?
And we should not criticise the false moves to put them on their toes?
I wonder what parent will treat his kid that way and expect her to be the best in class!

Of course we need to criticise constructively when due. It's a Civil/Democratic Society and trust me the government hears what we say. About 85% of people in government have performed very poorly and corrupt, so we need to speak. Even in the Western world, if you give the government chance they'll destroy the economy but some posts above are completely absurd.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Saraki Speaks On CRK, IRK Curriculum Controversy / El-rufai Arrives Polling Unit, Joins The Queue As He Votes (photos) / Ikpeazu Inspects Projects In Abia, Stops Street Trading At Opobo Area (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.