Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,641 members, 7,889,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:00 PM

Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (48962 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 9:09pm On Mar 06, 2013
brilapluz:
let me make d scripture u quoted about the poor widow clearer & easier to undastand,d poor widow gave out of freewill and from a generous heart,dats y jesus commended her 4 he already knew her motives,but d pharisees did deirs in oda 2 observe d LAW(eye service) meanwhile,deir HEART was far away 4rm God..wat a huge difference..

IF THAT COMMENDATION CAME FROM A PASTOR WOULDNT YOU PEOPLE HAVE SAID THAT THE PASTOR IS WICKED FOR ACCEPTING THE LAST PENNY THAT THE POOR WOMAN HAD? RUBBISH. YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST DECEIVING YOURSELVES.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 9:10pm On Mar 06, 2013
zoelife: @frosbel: Of course its about me. If I was the only one on earth Jesus wld have come to die for me anyway. I tithe, sow seeds and give offerings, alms ( and will continue to do so)because I belong in a kingdom, a heavenly nation with rules and principles, for prosperity, and also for every area of life.
I give because its who I am and thanks be to God, He has promised me abundance for so doing. So why quit?
he promised u abudance life but he GAVE ME ETERNAL LIFE 1Jn5:9-13. U see the dif? I am a SON and u are? Na only u sabi.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 9:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

Well enjoy, keep making them rich grin

SHUT UP MR GREED! YOU ARE PANEL BEATING THE BIBLE TO HIDE YOUR GREED,SELFISHNESS AND STINGINESS. IN ONE BREATH YOU ACCUSE PEOPLE WHO GIVE OUT THERE MONEY FOR THE WORK OF THE GOSPEL OF BEING GREEDY BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE GOD WILL BLESS THEIR GIVING AND IN THE SAME BREATH YOU STILL SAY THEY ARE WASTING THEIR MONEY AND THEIR ACCOUNTS ARE GOING DOWN. WHO IS THE GREEDY ONE HERE? YOU THAT FEELS THAT YOU ARE SAVING YOUR MONEY OR THEY THAT YOU ACCUSE THAT THEIR ACCOUNT IS RUNNING DOWN BECAUSE THEY ARE GIVING? FOOLISHNESS AT ITS PEAK.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 9:28pm On Mar 06, 2013
JIL:

You should rather pity your bank balance. It's the only thing that will suffer here.

SEE THEM. FROSBEL'S TEAM OF GREEDY FELLOWS (HIDING UNDER THE CLOAK OF A TWISTED AND MISINTERPRETED SCRIPTURES). KEEP DECEIVING YOURSELVES.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 9:31pm On Mar 06, 2013
Bidam:
Goshen360 stop misleading people with this kind of heretical statements..no where in the bible was it written that the law is holy but has sin it.. show me scriptural evidence where the bible said that word for word..i know you deliberately lifted it from the other thread for an argument...ayam waiting.......

for the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set us free from the LAW OF SIN AND DEATH Rm8:1-3.

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
brilapluz:
1 Corinthians 15:56 New International Version
(NIV) 56 The sting of death is sin, and THE POWER OF SIN IS THE LAW!
there are two laws at work dnt mix it up..there is the law of the spirit of life and the law of sin and death...ever wondered why adam sinned even though the law wasn't instituted by then?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 9:51pm On Mar 06, 2013
Bidam: there are two laws at work dnt mix it up..there is the law of the spirit of life and the law of sin and death...ever wondered why adam sinned even though the law wasn't instituted by then?

Oga, o ya tell us,

1. What exactly is the 'law of the Spirit of life'
2. What exactly is the 'law of sin and death'
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
christemmbassey: for the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set us free from the LAW OF SIN AND DEATH Rm8:1-3.
we know the law is spiritual..rom 7:14..i tithe because it is a spiritual principle ordained by God through the abrahamic convenant of blessings and the redemptive package of christ..i tithe by grace because Christ is at work in me both to will and to do HIS GOOD PLEASURE.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
Bidam: we know the law is spiritual..rom 7:14..i tithe because it is a spiritual principle ordained by God through the abrahamic convenant of blessings and the redemptive package of christ..i tithe by grace because Christ is at work in me both to will and to do HIS GOOD PLEASURE.

You are sorely deceived, by just reading your exegesis of Scripture, it is plain to all that you have been sitting under false teaching for too long.

It's time you start studying the Bible for yourself.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 10:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
Bidam:
Goshen360 stop misleading people with this kind of heretical statements..no where in the bible was it written that the law is holy but has sin it.. show me scriptural evidence where the bible said that word for word..i know you deliberately lifted it from the other thread for an argument...ayam waiting.......

Goshen360:

You lack the biblical stamina to teach 'consistent' truth. I'm not saying that to discredit you but that's what you have shown times without counting. If you're called and given the 'prophetic' ministry, kindly stay therein and stop parading yourself as a teacher - they function in different grace. Abi you want me to lift\quote where you once told me you're called into the 'prophetic'? Need I remind you that what is written in God's holy scriptures needs 'interpretation' (Acts 8:30). Don't you know there's difference between 'quoting' scriptures and 'interpretation' of scriptures? Now, you requested for scriptures right? and please, before you jump at my words next time if you're too slow to comprehend, kindly know that NO SCRIPTURE IS OF 'PRIVATE' INTERPRETATION. That is, no scriptures is standalone when interpreted - one scripture MUST agree or compliment the other(s). Here is your scriptures,

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. - Romans 7:12

The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. - 1 Corinthians 15:56

But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. - Romans 7:8

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Not one person can have God's approval by following Moses' Teachings. Moses' Teachings show what sin is. - Romans 3:20

Bidam, I want you to take all those scriptures given together (remember no scriptures is of private interpretation right) and see what you make of them and let everyone see how you can 'interpret' them. I'm also waiting brother.

brilapluz:
1 Corinthians 15:56 New International Version
(NIV) 56 The sting of death is sin, and THE POWER OF SIN IS THE LAW!

christemmbassey: for the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set us free from the LAW OF SIN AND DEATH Rm8:1-3.

Bidam: there are two laws at work dnt mix it up..there is the law of the spirit of life and the law of sin and death...ever wondered why adam sinned even though the law wasn't instituted by then?

Goshen360:

Oga, o ya tell us,

1. What exactly is the 'law of the Spirit of life'
2. What exactly is the 'law of sin and death'

Bidam, please don't dodge what you requested that I show you from scriptures o and be answering with thise below o,
Bidam: we know the law is spiritual..rom 7:14..i tithe because it is a spiritual principle ordained by God through the abrahamic convenant of blessings and the redemptive package of christ..i tithe by grace because Christ is at work in me both to will and to do HIS GOOD PLEASURE.

I'm waiting for an answers after I have answered you question o or them go sabi me and you for this forum\thread. grin
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2013
frosbel:

You are sorely deceived, by just reading your exegesis of Scripture, it is plain to all that you have been sitting under false teaching for too long.

It's time you start studying the Bible for yourself.

Yes, he needs to sit himself down; give himself like 1-2 years and flush out the whole 'institutionalized' church system from his bible knowledge and he will come back to thank you for this piece of advice. cool
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 10:10pm On Mar 06, 2013
@ Zoelife, I'll like to take you step by step expository discussion on tithing if you don't mind. I don't mind going over and over again....until the tithe captives are all set free by the power of truth of God's word.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
@frosbel,goshen and christembassey: u guys have said a lot on dis thread. But cld u help us summarize ur point in one sentence. One sentence alone,assuming u had to encapsulate it in a quote/doctrine.
We'll take it up from there. Because I'm seeing too many contradictions on ur theories.
Tks.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 10:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
@Frosbel, Goshen, Candour, JIL etc etc . I think we should let go prophet Bidam, the man is not making sense at all, i dont know how to say it without sounding offensive, d guy cognitive process is too beautiful. Am out.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 10:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
zoelife: @frosbel,goshen and christembassey: u guys have said a lot on dis thread. But cld u help us summarize ur point in one sentence. One sentence alone,assuming u had to encapsulate it in a quote/doctrine.
We'll take it up from there. Because I'm seeing too many contradictions on ur theories.
Tks.

Okay sister, lemme start by stating the basic of our teachings.

We accept the Grace based giving as taught in the New Testament - that is, sharing our income and resources with God's people, the church and the worship places for the advancement of God's kingdom and in keeping up with our other social\family\living responsibilities. This Grace based giving and sharing can be any percentage as a man purpose in his heart to give and we believe therein lies God's blessing because as the earth remains, seed time and harvest shall not cease.

We reject the teachings of 'fixed' or 'legalized' (according to the law of Moses) or 'compulsory' and 'mandatory' of 10% of Christian's monthly income kind of giving called by the name 'tithe'. We believe Hebrews 7 in the entire context ended the Moses law of tithing, that is, tithing according to the law of Moses and tithing before the law of Moses while the teachings of Christ and the Apostles released Christians to free will giving.

This is the simple tenets of our Christian teachings here under Grace and herein we teach the truth of God's word for the Church. The above, if expanded contains bible truth and consistence from Genesis to Revelation. Thank you!

4 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 10:40pm On Mar 06, 2013
Goshen360:

We accept the Grace based giving as taught in the New Testament - that is, sharing our income and resources with God's people, the church and the worship places for the advancement of God's kingdom. This Grace based giving and sharing can be any percentage as a man purpose in his heart to give and we believe therein lies God's blessing because as the earth remains, seed time and harvest shall not cease.

We reject the teachings of 'fixed' or 'legalized' (according to the law of Moses) or 'compulsory' and 'mandatory' of 10% of Christian's monthly income kind of giving called by the name 'tithe'. We believe Hebrews 7 in the entire context ended the Moses law of tithing, that is, tithing according to the law of Moses and tithing before the law of Moses while the teachings of Christ and the Apostles released Christians to free will giving.

This is the simple tenets of our Christian teachings here under Grace and herein we teach the truth of God's word for the Church. The above, if expanded contains bible truth and consistence from Genesis to Revelation. Thank you!

in addition we are NOT AGAINST GIVING TO 'PASTORS', you can give 10% or 100 of whatever but dont call it tithe odawise ud be puting a condemned thing(law of Moses) over and above TREASURE(GRACE) and that is profanity. Remain blessed.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 10:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
Goshen360:

We accept the Grace based giving as taught in the New Testament - that is, sharing our income and resources with God's people, the church and the worship places for the advancement of God's kingdom. This Grace based giving and sharing can be any percentage as a man purpose in his heart to give and we believe therein lies God's blessing because as the earth remains, seed time and harvest shall not cease.

in addition we are NOT AGAINST GIVING TO 'PASTORS', you can give 10% or 100 of whatever but dont call it tithe odawise ud be puting a condemned thing(law of Moses) over and above TREASURE(GRACE) and that is profanity. Remain blessed.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by MissOpe(f): 10:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
christemmbassey: in addition we are NOT AGAINST GIVING TO 'PASTORS', you can give 10% or 100 of whatever but dont call it tithe odawise ud be puting a condemned thing(law of Moses) over and above TREASURE(GRACE) and that is profanity. Remain blessed.
Gbam..Preach Preacher.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 06, 2013
@Goshen: God bless you for making it easier.
I decide, therefore, to give OF MY FREEWILL 10% (tithe, old english for 'tenth part) of every income I receive, to my local assembly, where I worship and am groomed in the Word. As my forefathers Abraham, Jacob (note God is often tagged with these names) did without any direct commandment, but of their freewill and revelation of God and His Eternal will.

@Christembassey: Don't u think u sound a bit mixed up here? Please refer back to @frosbel's post at the beginning of dis topic.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 06, 2013
@Goshen: God bless you for making it easier.
I decide, therefore, to give OF MY FREEWILL 10% (tithe, old english for 'tenth part) of every income I receive, to my local assembly, where I worship and am groomed in the Word. As my forefathers Abraham, Jacob (note God is often tagged with these names) did without any direct commandment, but of their freewill and revelation of God and His Eternal will.

@Christembassey: Don't u think u sound a bit mixed up here? Please refer back to @frosbel's post at the beginning of dis topic. Its because of His emphasis on the tithe dat we have come this far.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 10:57pm On Mar 06, 2013
zoelife: @Goshen: God bless you for making it easier.

@Christembassey: Don't u think u sound a bit mixed up here? Please refer back to @frosbel's post at the beginning of dis topic.

A GOOD REPLY. THANKS DEAR.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 06, 2013
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 11:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
Goshen360:

We accept the Grace based giving as taught in the New Testament - that is, sharing our income and resources with God's people, the church and the worship places for the advancement of God's kingdom and in keeping up with our other social\family\living responsibilities. This Grace based giving and sharing can be any percentage as a man purpose in his heart to give and we believe therein lies God's blessing because as the earth remains, seed time and harvest shall not cease.

christemmbassey: in addition we are NOT AGAINST GIVING TO 'PASTORS', you can give 10% or 100 of whatever but dont call it tithe odawise ud be puting a condemned thing(law of Moses) over and above TREASURE(GRACE) and that is profanity. Remain blessed.

Now we see a confused house here. While two of you agree to freewill offering. A confused and rebellous frosbel kicks against any kind of giving in the church from the posts he has been putting here and cartoons. You people should go and harmonise your stand and spare us the discordant tune. And mind you- we aint gonna stop giving our tithe and offering. Save yourself the stress Goshen360 and christembassy. As for the confused chap(frosbel), let him keep wallowing in his utter foolishness and rebellion. His little mind will be telling him that he is converting A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE into his anti-tithe and anti-giving in the church madness when he is actually not doing a pinch. PITY.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 06, 2013
alexleo:

Now we see a confused house here. While two of you agree to freewill offering. A confused and rebellous frosbel kicks against any kind of giving in the church from the posts he has been putting here and cartoons. You people should go and harmonise your stand and spare us the discordant tune. And mind you- we aint gonna stop giving our tithe and offering. Save yourself the stress Goshen360 and christembassy. As for the confused chap, let him keep wallowing in his utter foolishness and rebellion. His little mind will be telling him that he is converting people into his anti-tithe and anti-giving in the church madness. PITY.

Bible Giving :
"Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need." - Acts 2:45

Matthew 19:21 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Acts 4:34 There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales

2 Corinthians 8:14 At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. Then there will be equality,

2 Corinthians 9:12 This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.

If you notice , it is always about meeting the needs of God's people which includes those in the office ( not title ) of pastor, teacher, elders, and indeed ALL brethren, for irrespective of our office, we are ALL Brethren.

There was never ever one mention in the new testament of contributions given for the building of church edifices, buying jets, living an exotic life style etc.

In fact , this is the mind we should have as Christians :

1 Timothy 6:6-8
The Message (MSG)
6-8 A devout life does bring wealth, but it’s the rich simplicity of being yourself before God. Since we entered the world penniless and will leave it penniless, if we have bread on the table and shoes on our feet, that’s enough.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 1:28am On Mar 07, 2013
Apostle Peter said (in Acts 15:10) that the law was "a yoke of bondage that neither he or his ancestors could keep".

Tithe teaching is wrong for many reason, some major ones are:

1. It promotes pride in human work and self effort

2. It is equivalent to trying to extort God by demanding a blessing because of ones own payment/works, effort.

3. It negates the reason Jesus came (Gal 3:13 to redeem us from the curse of the law)

4. It brings a charge against Gods elect if they don't tithe.

5. It steals the glory of Grace now in our New Covenant of Grace.

6. It is impartial and selective this is one law there are 612 more!

7. It ignores New Testament Scripture ("Galatians 3:11 So it is clear that no one can be made right with God by trying to keep the law. For the Scriptures say
"It is through faith that a righteous person has life.)"

8. It ignores (Col 2:14) that Jesus nailed the Old Testament laws to the cross.

9. It breeds confusion, Fear & Doubt.

10. It instills Pride (if you are paying 10 percent)

11. It robs the Lord of the credit due Him alone.

12. It causes resentment, disappointment.

13. It causes God to be blamed, questioned or accused if it is not working.

14. It will fail in the long run no lie can sustain itself.

15. It ignores Hebrews that calls Jesus offering a "better covenant" 13 times.

16. It has opened the door wide to materialism and self centered thinking, "as in what is in it for me?"

17. It is used by prosperity teachers who teach to give to get rich (not as an act of worship)

Source
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 6:40am On Mar 07, 2013
Bidam: he tithed for 2 years expecting returns on investment..when it didn't materialise...he backslidded.

It will really be good if you decide to grow up.must you get personal on this forum? you should know by now i don't do personal attacks because it's beneath me.You should learn the art of reasonable discussion from zoelife:we've disagreed without being disagreeable

I'll leave you to your childish vituperation.i hope they make you happy

cheers
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 6:44am On Mar 07, 2013
Godseagle: . Now i must admit that you are doomed cos you cant keep one part of the Bible and Ignore the Other.

Is that meant to scare me?

I hope you keep the Sabbath too otherwise you should be stoned to death.I didn't say so Exodus 31:15 said it.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 07, 2013
If am to count the amount of verses frosbel has quoted since the thread started,i'll be counting up to a 100 well quoted and interpreted verses.its funny how false denominational doctrines have cajoled some people to the extent of ignoring clear truth.

GOSHEN,FROSBEL ETC,i have an article to give to a brother that exposes the tithe lie;pray that it sets him free
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 6:51am On Mar 07, 2013
alexleo:

NOT ONLY DID HE BACKSLIDE, HE ALSO DEVELOPED ANTI-TITHE MADNESS THATS WHY HIS VOMIT IS EVERYWHERE IN NAIRALAND. CHECK ALL HIS THREAD RECENTLY. I PITY THOSE HE AND HIS COHORTS HAVE AFFECTED WITH THEIR LEPROUS MESSAGE.

I wish i could understand the reason for your aggression.but calm down pls.it'll do you a lot of good.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 07, 2013
Funny thread. I see tactics employed by atheists being used by the non-tithers.

'You're brainwashed'
'You've not studied the Bible well enough'
'Stop misinterpreting those verses'

Funny world, funny thread...
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brilapluz(m): 8:05am On Mar 07, 2013
alexleo:

IF THAT COMMENDATION CAME FROM A PASTOR WOULDNT YOU PEOPLE HAVE SAID THAT THE PASTOR IS WICKED FOR ACCEPTING THE LAST PENNY THAT THE POOR WOMAN HAD? RUBBISH. YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST DECEIVING YOURSELVES.
*smiles* hmm..i tink 4rm ur statement,its either u cant comprehend my post or u just dont undastand y jesus appreciated d WIDOW more dan d pharisees..whicheva way u c it,u already have an ALREADY MADE MINDSET 2 TITHE..So go ahead and do wat pleases u,and dont also 4get 2 do d oda parts of d law Gal 5:3..lol..4 me,i have been ABUNDANTLY BLESSED BY GOD,not becos i GIVE but because tru jesus christ,I BECAME A PARTAKER OF HIS DIVINE FAVOUR AND LOVE..wit all dese blessings given unto me FREELY..I GIVE FREELY TO EVERYONE EXPECTING NOTHING IN RETURN..@alexleo,DATS GENEROSITY,DATS TRUE LOVE..and DATS D REASON CHRIST CAME,TO MAKE AN IMPERFECT LAW COMPLETE! *winks*
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 8:37am On Mar 07, 2013
Candour:

I wish i could understand the reason for your aggression.but calm down pls.it'll do you a lot of good.

You people have your reasons for being against tithe and as far as am concerned it remains your personal opinion and understanding. You dont have any right to claim that it is God-approved because we too have our own biblical quotes to support our stand. If you dont want to give tithe thats your own business but we will continue to give ours. You believe your stand is right and i believe mine is right. While you claim that tithe preachers Lord it over their members by repeatedly preaching it, you also are trying to Lord people into non-tithing. The issue of tithing is quite controversial and when and issue becomes this controversial i resort to the Holy Spirit for guidance. I refuse to be guided by whatever argument that is going on here and choose to be guided by the Holy Spirit. Jesus never told us to stop tithing. Where he mentioned about tithe he never condemned it. Nowhere in the New Testament r we advised to stop tithing. You people are just preaching on assumption and am not part of it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply)

Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 / ‘Mercedes Church Or Uka Achi’ Anambra: Church Where Wives, Husbands Are Swapped / Pastor Impregnates Married Woman & Her 2 Daughters During All-night Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.