Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,605 members, 7,888,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:51 PM

Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (48939 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by BigBashiru: 4:49pm On Mar 05, 2013
Better keep your dollars to yourself!
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 4:57pm On Mar 05, 2013
I guess i'll be content to get a reply from OLADEEGBU tommorow if he'll be gracious enough to do so.
have to leave my location now and go back to my camp.militant guys around

@OLADEEGBU, Please and Please brother,Reply
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 4:57pm On Mar 05, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Another heresy from the pit of hell.
dont deraill this thread there is NOBODY in or has gone to HELL OR HEAVEN since Christ went back.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2013
christemmbassey: free bible school, thank you Jesus, we came as berean christians you are turning us into better Pauls, filling us with divine nourishments from the Spirit tro your son Goshen360. @bidam, ola et al, i know say instead of una to come eat better food una de busy googling malachi 3 to copy and paste here,, after una come carry face like say God cheat una.

Thank you brother and man of God. Another FREE Bible School tips online - Very qucik and sharp sharp.

The whole Bible is dividing into the following dispensation in which God operated. Just a short one here. I might or might not give bible reference.

1. The Pre-law dispensation: Genesis 1 - Exodus 19

2. The dispensation of the law (of Moses) and the prophets: Exodus 20 - Acts 1. That is why you will read scriptures like Galatians 4:4 because Christ was still under the law of Moses, subject to the law in order to fulfill it, hereby bringing it to completion of the purpose and intent the law was given.

New International Version (©1984)
But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law,
New Living Translation (©2007)
But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law.

3. The dispensation of Grace and the Church: Acts 2 - Revelation. Under this dispensation, God USED the law and the prophets to LEAD people to Christ, for all the law and prophets were all pointing to Christ (Luke 24:27). Now, that Christ has come, God is NOW speaking to us THROUGH CHRIST AND CHRIST ALONE. (Hebrews 1:1-2).
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2013
christemmbassey: i know say na only £ €$ ¥ naira u de see for bible, pls look for "TILL ALL BE FULFILLED in that portion u quoted. Thats what the cross achieved..
SO NA FOR THE CROSS YOUR BIBLE END. well my bible says Christ has gone beyond that
Hebrews 1:1–4

God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. 3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high; 4 having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they.

I now fully realise why you refuse to pay tithes..in your mind Jesus died at the cross and it's over..But the GOOD NEWS IS, HE IS ALIVE.i pay my tithes to Him.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 5:09pm On Mar 05, 2013
brainpulse:

How did He know He had to pay One tenth of the spoils, and what law was He obeying, since you guys called it Law?
if Igbo man breaks cola nut which law is he obeying,

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brainpulse: 5:10pm On Mar 05, 2013
Candour:

my dear Brother,read all my posts.I'm not in the tithe business camp grin

I pay my tithe
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 05, 2013
Candour:

Abraham was obeying a custom of the middle east.my brother,read up wikipedia article on tithe and you'll understand.however pls don't derail the flow here.OLADEEGBU asked me a question which i replied.i'm still waiting for a reply over 40 mins after.

Kindly let him reply pls.If you want a discourse with me,let me know so we can arrange it

thanks
since when did wikipedia becomes our guide? this guy no be CHRISTIAN SHA..friendship with the world of wikipedia is ENEMITY WITH GOD.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by BigBashiru: 5:10pm On Mar 05, 2013
As an ex-Christian, at least when I was one, I always paid tithe when I felt like and never got any repercussions in the form of divine curses etc. I feel you should just give to the needy. If I were to pay tithe in thousands of dollars I will give it to British pastors who run their churches mostly using school basketball courts and have real projects that need real dollars not the building of mega temples.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by BigBashiru: 5:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
If there is a church that has built a mega hospital instead of a mega church and my tithe funds the hospital; I will proudly pay tithe when I was a christian. So why do they keep building mega churches as opposed to mega hospitals and buying jets as opposed to paying doctors to run the hospitals.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 05, 2013
BigBashiru: As an ex-Christian, at least when I was one, I always paid tithe when I felt like and never got any repercussions in the form of divine curses etc. I feel you should just give to the needy. If I were to pay tithe in thousands of dollars I will give it to British pastors who run their churches mostly using school basketball courts and have real projects that need real dollars not the building of mega temples.
EX CHRISTIAN OR UNBELIEVER? SORRY THIS THREAD IS FOR FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST...RE DEDICATE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST FIRST THEN WE CAN HAVE A SCRIPTURAL ARGUMENT.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by BigBashiru: 5:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
I was appointed by the devil to derail christians; I used to be a christian but fell just like Satan so Satan is my father now! So no rededication to Christ!

But anyways, back to the subject; there are no accountability meetings in these churches to show how the tithes are being used - where there is no accountability there is fraud - absoulute power corrupts!
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 5:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
Bidam: SO NA FOR THE CROSS YOUR BIBLE END. well my bible says Christ has gone beyond that
Hebrews 1:1–4

God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 [size=20pt]in these last days has spoken to us in His Son[/size], whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. 3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high; 4 having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they.

I now fully realise why you refuse to pay tithes..in your mind Jesus died at the cross and it's over..But the GOOD NEWS IS, HE IS ALIVE.i pay my tithes to Him.

You know the more you talk, the more you expose yourself. Your very verse quoted says God is NOW speaking to US in His Son......NOT IN THE PROPHETS AND THE FATHERS IN THOSE DAYS OR IN THE PAST. Can you see for yourself? What God spoken to them THEN was for that dispensation. God speak to US, the church NOW IN or BY Christ. Christ NEVER TAUGHT THE APOSTLES TO TITHE - HE SAID, GIVE AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN TO YOU.... cool
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by shdemidemi(m): 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
Goshen360:

We NEVER called it a law - we said it was a free will giving not commanded neither based on obeying any law of God because the law was not in effect then. The law was binding, free will is not binding on all.

To add to the good work God is doing through you on this forum...It was a tradition to give one tenth of war spoils to the king at that time as Abraham did in Gen14:22.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 5:27pm On Mar 05, 2013
Goshen360:

Thank you brother and man of God. Another FREE Bible School tips online - Very qucik and sharp sharp.

The whole Bible is dividing into the following dispensation in which God operated. Just a short one here. I might or might not give bible reference.

2. The dispensation of the law (of Moses) and the prophets: Exodus 20 - Acts 1. That is why you will read scriptures like Galatians 4:4 saying,

But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law,
But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law.

3. The dispensation of Grace and the Church: Acts 2 - Revelation. Under this dispensation, God USED the law and the prophets to LEAD people to Christ, for all the law and prophets were all pointing to Christ (Luke 24:27). Now, that Christ has come, God is NOW speaking to us THROUGH CHRIST AND CHRIST ALONE. (Hebrews 1:1-2).
OMG, you remember the atomic+nuclear bomb threat i issued? Its d same thing ure posting here, u b winch? Or holy ghost de spy me for u? I hope i will not be accused of plagiarism when i release it o. But i must post it despit ur post. Watch out for the part 2 of this ur post from me.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 5:29pm On Mar 05, 2013
Goshen360:

2. The dispensation of the law (of Moses) and the prophets: Exodus 20 - Acts 1. That is why you will read scriptures like Galatians 4:4 saying,

OMG, you remember the atomic+nuclear bomb threat i issued? Its d same thing ure posting here, u b winch? Or holy ghost de spy me for u? I hope i will not be accused of plagiarism when i release it o. But i must post it despit ur post. Actually there are four dispensations Watch out for the part 2 of this ur post from me.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 05, 2013
Goshen360:

You know the more you talk, the more you expose yourself. Your very verse quoted says God is NOW speaking to US in His Son......NOT IN THE PROPHETS AND THE FATHERS IN THOSE DAYS OR IN THE PAST. Can you see for yourself? What God spoken to them THEN was for that dispensation. God speak to US, the church NOW IN or BY Christ. Christ did NEVER TAUGHT THE APOSTLES TO TITHE - HE SAID, GIVE AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN TO YOU.... cool
CAN YOU SEE HOW YOU TWIST AND DISTORT SCRIPTURES? WHO TOLD YOU THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS NOT UPON ISAIAH,ELIJAH.MALACHI, JOHN THE BAPTIST, DAVID ETC..EVEN JESUS APPEARED IN THE OT..SO WHAT ARE YOU YAPPING ABOUT? GOD'S WORDS ARE ETERNAL THEY NEVER CHANGE..THE ONLY CHANGE HE REQUIRES WAS THE HEART OF MEN...AND THAT WAS WHAT CHRIST CAME TO FUFILL..DNT READ THE BIBLE UPSIDE DOWN ABEG..THE GOSPEL OF JESUS IS SIMPLE AND EASY TO FOLLOW.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by sunnyt1(m): 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2013
Degis:

You are indeed part of the few that Tithe paying will never work for because you are not convinced in what you are doing. When did Tithing become compulsion or a matter of duress?. Just like do not fornicate or commit adultery if you want to make heaven, so is tithing if you want to be prosperous. If Witches and Wizards pay Tithes in their Coven, and we know that what the devil has are imitations of God's covenant practices, why do supposedly Christian have problems with Tithing?.

Frisbee, Pastor Kun, Goshen 360 are false teachers, who are opposers of the truth. Desist from them and their teachings!

You did not in anyway answer these questions, its a logical and deductive debate
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:40pm On Mar 05, 2013
Candour:

Non.All his righteousness was based on faith. Gen 15:6

Now will you answer mine?

You say Non? Now you see how you and your blind guides often shoot over the bar when it comes to simple things in the Scriptures.

Let me give you a clue and see whether you can locate where this verse in your Bible and that's if you even have it in your bible. You said Abraham didn't keep any law:

"Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes and my laws"
()

When you are done you can then try to answer my original kweshion.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2013
Bidam back from the bench to play after being substituted...

in football,that is called cheating. -commentator
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2013
Bidam: CAN YOU SEE HOW YOU TWIST AND DISTORT SCRIPTURES? WHO TOLD YOU THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS NOT UPON ISAIAH,ELIJAH.MALACHI, JOHN THE BAPTIST, DAVID ETC..EVEN JESUS APPEARED IN THE OT..SO WHAT ARE YOU YAPPING ABOUT? GOD'S WORDS ARE ETERNAL THEY NEVER CHANGE..THE ONLY CHANGE HE REQUIRES WAS THE HEART OF MEN...AND THAT WAS WHAT CHRIST CAME TO FUFILL..DNT READ THE BIBLE UPSIDE DOWN ABEG..THE GOSPEL OF JESUS IS SIMPLE AND EASY TO FOLLOW.

grin grin grin I can't stop laughing at you. When and where did I say the Holy Spirit wasn't upon Isaiah and the prophets? Huh, Where? At least, people are reading our post and they know who had been twisting scriptures between you and I. I said, God spoke THROUGH them at that time and dispensation in which all they said was pointing to Christ. NOW, in this end time according to the Hebrews 1:1-2, God is speaking to US, the church because this is the dispensation of the church and of Grace; God is speaking to US IN\BY Christ.

This is the Christ that the prophets and the law spoke about, he has come NOW, NO MORE LISTENING TO THE PROPHETS AND THE LAW. If you can't comprehend simple statement I'm making here, how do you comprehend scriptures you claim to read. Anyway, I know say na copy and paste job you sabi pass grin No worry, you still be my brother....tithe or no tithe. Nothing do you.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2013
@bidam na me put de only 1 like for u. thats ur only sensible post in dis thread. God bless.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 6:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You say Non? Now you see how you and your blind guides often shoot over the bar when it comes to simple things in the Scriptures.

Let me give you a clue and see whether you can locate where this verse in your Bible and that's if you even have it in your bible. You said Abraham didn't keep any law:

()

When you are done you can then try to answer my original kweshion.

Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes and my laws - Genesis 26:5

You think you can fool us here? Huh. What is the VOICE that Abraham obeyed? What is the commandments, statutes and laws he obeyed? You need to find out or tell us because the last time I checked, God VOICES, COMMANDMENTS, STATUTES AND LAWS ARE VERY SPECIFIC in scriptures. You will need to show us where God SPECIFICALLY told Abraham to TITHE or where Abraham was obeying the commandments\laws\statutes\voice of God to tithe.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by JIL(m): 6:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
Bidam: LIAR....show me where i did that or forever be silent in this forum.

Mr 10%, pls don't call me a liar again. OK. The fact that we meet here to discuss issues doesn't give you the right to start calling me names. You wont dare to say that to me in person. So relax.

The issue of tithe or no tithe is not a do or die affair at least to me. I know this must have affected your bank balance and as you seem to be the most desperate of the lot.

Am not in a position to reread all the posts just to identify who wrote what. The thoughts of rereading your out of points posts makes me cringe.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 05, 2013
"Bidam goes to the sideline to recieve instructions from his coach(MOG) who is on his way to board a jet" -commentator

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brilapluz(m): 7:43pm On Mar 05, 2013
christemmbassey: its like marriage, the wedding fulfills, there are things the couples can not do again because the wedding frees them from such obligations. Another way to look at it is this. A woman collect a loan of N20'000 and agreed to pay a monthly intrest of N2,000 until the loan is paid back, after lets say 8months her husband came back from UK and paid up the loan and all outstanding intrests if any, now the man by this action , did not cancel or abolish the agreement between his wife and the bank but fulfills all the terms of the loan agreement(covenant) and effectively ends the transactions between the bank and his wife. Now, i want to ask u, will the woman continue to pay the 2k monthly intrest? Pls i waxt u to answer.
U will neva get a clearer illustration of matt 5:17 dan dis..in addition,christ came 2 fulfill or complete an Imperfect Law WITH LOVE UNLIMITED!!
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 9:26pm On Mar 05, 2013
O boy eeee, you need to watch this tithe video ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. You go laf tire. You go fear action na.....because them wan collect tithe ni oooo. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo-Tgl4AqfE?hl=en

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2013
Goshen360: O boy eeee, you need to watch this tithe video ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. You go laf tire. You go fear action na.....because them wan collect tithe ni oooo. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

looooooooooooooooooooooool grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 9:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
^ Frosbel, I laf so tayyyyyyyyyyyyy my belle dey pain me o. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Oahray: 10:05pm On Mar 05, 2013
Bidam: since when did wikipedia becomes our guide? this guy no be CHRISTIAN SHA..friendship with the world of wikipedia is ENEMITY WITH GOD.
smh... A classic case of "if you cannot dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshiit".

Wikipedia is enmity with God? What of the internet as a whole? Hypocrite much?

Wikipedia is very informative and it presents facts. Try to broaden your knowledge man, both of the world around you and the Bible (study it with a heart free from deeeply entrenched doctrines of men) you claim to believe.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Oahray: 10:08pm On Mar 05, 2013
Goshen360: O boy eeee, you need to watch this tithe video ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. You go laf tire. You go fear action na.....because them wan collect tithe ni oooo. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

lmaoooooo grin *rolling on the floor*
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 05, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply)

Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? / Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 / ‘Mercedes Church Or Uka Achi’ Anambra: Church Where Wives, Husbands Are Swapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.