Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,211 members, 7,887,552 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:30 AM

Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? (12762 Views)

ICS Talent Bank: Biggest Job Fair In West Africa / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by pcnwamadi(m): 11:59pm On Mar 05, 2013
National Recruitment Fairs 2013, Payment Of N3,000. What Do You Think?

I just received dis mail from dem, ĥâτ do ♈o̶̲̥̅̊ν guys tink? Have any body paid?

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for your interest in the National Recruitment Fairs 2013.

You are receiving this e-mail with reference to your registration to attend the National Recruitment Fairs holding in Lagos, Abuja, and PortHarcourt in March 2013.

Upon screening of your profile, we are pleased to inform you that you have been shortlisted to attend the National Recruitment Fair in the city of your choice.

Next step is to confirm your participation. Details of which are below:

Step 1: 
Pay the registration fee of 3,000 Naira to our GTBank Account
Account Name:        Tripplelink Global Solutions Limited
Account Number:      0123186646

Step 2:
Send details of payment such as teller number and name to: receipts@nationalrecruitmentfairs.com

Once we receive and confirm your payment, we would send you the recruitment fair guide, Identification tags, pre-fair workshop schedule of events and other details required to attend the fair.

As the number of applications we have received is overwhelming, we encourage you to complete your registration as soon as possible.

To keep up with regular updates and information, such as new companies, exhibitors, advertised vacancies by these companies kindly like us on facebook: www.facebook.com/nationalrecruitmentfairs and follow us on twitter: @hiring4success

For more information or questions, please do not hesitate to call us on: 08032870010, 08184369605, 01-8447646, or send emails to: info@nationalrecruitmentfairs.com

Accept our warmest regards as we look forward to hosting you at the National Recruitment Fairs 2013.

--
Sincerely,
Adeyemi Sowande
Managing Partner

www.nationalrecruitmentfairs.com
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Rexmarysweet(m): 7:50am On Mar 06, 2013
Run for your dear life. I dey Laughhhhhhhh
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by pcnwamadi(m): 7:53am On Mar 06, 2013
Rexmarysweet: Run for your dear life. I dey Laughhhhhhhh
It kinda sound real.. I don't know if any other person has gotten such mail. Imagine this people collecting N3000 from over 20,000 job seekers, dem don hammer oooh..

1 Like

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Ogelov: 8:17am On Mar 06, 2013
I received d same mail. Am not ok with it,so am not paying.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by mindboggler: 8:23am On Mar 06, 2013
I was sent the same mail too but I will not go.Why should a job seeker pay money just to attend a recruitment fair?
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by pcnwamadi(m): 8:35am On Mar 06, 2013
Mod please can ♈o̶̲̥̅̊ν put dis on front page, cos dis a serious National issue
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by miiraaj: 8:49am On Mar 06, 2013
pcnwamadi: Mod please can ♈o̶̲̥̅̊ν put dis on front page, cos dis a serious National issue
No no no!

I think Seun should create a trash page for such news!
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by pcnwamadi(m): 8:56am On Mar 06, 2013
miiraaj:
No no no!

I think Seun should create a trash page for such news!
Are ♈o̶̲̥̅̊ν among the people organising the fair?

1 Like

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by bukenken: 10:04am On Mar 06, 2013
Is somehow actually but the funny thing is some people will say dey won't pay and u will b surprise @ dem already paid. But wat am looking at is since lagos fair will be d first people who attend can notify us her hw was it b4 PH and Abuja can do der payment too.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by folasflo(m): 10:55am On Mar 06, 2013
Why do people act naive? Our cynicism as Nigerians is a bottleneck to progress.
Have you guys considered the cost of logistics involved to setup such a big event which holds at 3 different choice venues?
Have you considered crowd control? Imagine the stampede that it will turn out to be if there's no measure to admit only serious job seekers? I'm sure the participating companies will lock up their booths and leave from the rush.
Have you also noticed that these people do not ask everyone to pay because they screen those that they invite? I have a couple of friends who didn't meet their criteria.
We should learn to embrace ingenuity and support what has potentials of improving our lives.

1 Like

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Mornah25: 11:41am On Mar 06, 2013
pcnwamadi: I just received dis mail from dem, ĥâτ do ♈o̶̲̥̅̊ν guys tink? Have any body paid?

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for your interest in the National Recruitment Fairs 2013.

You are receiving this e-mail with reference to your registration to attend the National Recruitment Fairs holding in Lagos, Abuja, and PortHarcourt in March 2013.

Upon screening of your profile, we are pleased to inform you that you have been shortlisted to attend the National Recruitment Fair in the city of your choice.

Next step is to confirm your participation. Details of which are below:

Step 1: 
Pay the registration fee of 3,000 Naira to our GTBank Account
Account Name:        Tripplelink Global Solutions Limited
Account Number:      0123186646

Step 2:
Send details of payment such as teller number and name to: receipts@nationalrecruitmentfairs.com

Once we receive and confirm your payment, we would send you the recruitment fair guide, Identification tags, pre-fair workshop schedule of events and other details required to attend the fair.

As the number of applications we have received is overwhelming, we encourage you to complete your registration as soon as possible.

To keep up with regular updates and information, such as new companies, exhibitors, advertised vacancies by these companies kindly like us on facebook: www.facebook.com/nationalrecruitmentfairs and follow us on twitter: @hiring4success

For more information or questions, please do not hesitate to call us on: 08032870010, 08184369605, 01-8447646, or send emails to: info@nationalrecruitmentfairs.com

Accept our warmest regards as we look forward to hosting you at the National Recruitment Fairs 2013.

--
Sincerely,
Adeyemi Sowande
Managing Partner

www.nationalrecruitmentfairs.com
I got d invite 2.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by pcnwamadi(m): 12:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
folasflo: Why do people act naive? Our cynicism as Nigerians is a bottleneck to progress.
Have you guys considered the cost of logistics involved to setup such a big event which holds at 3 different choice venues?
Have you considered crowd control? Imagine the stampede that it will turn out to be if there's no measure to admit only serious job seekers? I'm sure the participating companies will lock up their booths and leave from the rush.
Have you also noticed that these people do not ask everyone to pay because they screen those that they invite? I have a couple of friends who didn't meet their criteria.
We should learn to embrace ingenuity and support what has potentials of improving our lives.
Dats why it was posted here to get opinions
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 06, 2013
i applied anyway and i did get invited .. And i paid today.. There s no harm in trying...

1 Like

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by ezenwaez(m): 12:55pm On Mar 06, 2013
I guess payment is for the hotel refreshments and other stuffs
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by donbuchi1(m): 1:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
DON'T PAY
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by tayoccu(m): 1:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
folasflo: Why do people act naive? Our cynicism as Nigerians is a bottleneck to progress.

Abeg spare me the crap, its the participating firms that should pay for the fair. Worst case the job seekers should only pay a token (in the form of gate fees), that's how I know fairs are organized, not this way.

2 Likes

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by pcnwamadi(m): 1:19pm On Mar 06, 2013
tayoccu:

Abeg spare me the crap, its the participating firms that should pay for the fair. Worst case the job seekers should only pay a token (in the form of gate fees), that's how I know fairs are organized, not this way.
Hmmmm, ♈o̶̲̥̅̊ν ve a point.. But you know in anything we do we try to make money out of it, dats Nigerian for u
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 06, 2013
I got the mail. Initially while asking for cv to be sent, they cleverly left out that part. Then suddenly, they tell me I was selected and should pay.... I don't have 3000 to spare, so I didn't pay.. undecided undecided
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by TimePiece(f): 4:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
It would be nice for the mods to put this thread on the frontpage as soon as possible to either save people from getting schemed or to throw more light on it.

This is what I wrote in another thread opened by [b][/b]folasflo today:

How come there are no massive adverts on the Radio and TV like you claimed on you site? And the only social media compaign that you have done is to be on Facebook. You can't even afford to pay a frontpage advert on Nairaland?SMH.

My point is simple, if this is not a scam, then let's see efforts that are more believable.
And the fact that an applicant has to pay to participate in your fair makes it look even more questionable. Why can't the payment be after the fair, when an employer has shown interest?
What lies in stock for them after the fair if they're not chosen? A refund or what?
And pls, show me that employer who so needs your fair to get what he wants especially when some of the companies you claim are your media partners/exhibitors/sponsors have recruitment agencies that handle what your fair is offering them.

I just feel that people shouldn't take advantage of other people's situation to exploit them.

https://www.nairaland.com/1216517/national-recruitment-fairs

2 Likes

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by pcnwamadi(m): 7:23pm On Mar 06, 2013
TimePiece: It would be nice for the mods to put this thread on the frontpage as soon as possible to either save people from getting schemed or to throw more light on it.

This is what I wrote in another thread opened by [b][/b]folasflo today:

How come there are no massive adverts on the Radio and TV like you claimed on you site? And the only social media compaign that you have done is to be on Facebook. You can't even afford to pay a frontpage advert on Nairaland?SMH.

My point is simple, if this is not a scam, then let's see efforts that are more believable.
And the fact that an applicant has to pay to participate in your fair makes it look even more questionable. Why can't the payment be after the fair, when an employer has shown interest?
What lies in stock for them after the fair if they're not chosen? A refund or what?
And pls, show me that employer who so needs your fair to get what he wants especially when some of the companies you claim are your media partners/exhibitors/sponsors have recruitment agencies that handle what your fair is offering them.

I just feel that people shouldn't take advantage of other people's situation to exploit them.

https://www.nairaland.com/1216517/national-recruitment-fairs
♈o̶̲̥̅̊ν ve said it all my dear..let's watch and wait for the first one in lagos..
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by dridowu: 9:43am On Mar 07, 2013
My heart says its "SCAM"
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 07, 2013
I laugh oh ! Please, don't waste your 3,000. The organizers are simply jobless, and they need money to sustain before their real maga pay them.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Dannyvoltron(m): 9:58am On Mar 07, 2013
Ole buruku...
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Rooneyboy(m): 10:08am On Mar 07, 2013

Obviously u are one of the crooks organizing this thing.

May God deliver u.

2 Likes

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Rooneyboy(m): 10:11am On Mar 07, 2013

I'm still waiting to see people come up here telling us they weren't invited grin

THIEVES ! cheesy
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by nenergy(m): 10:13am On Mar 07, 2013

They should know how Nigeria is with paying ahead for services not yet rendered. they'll have considered payment upon arrival..
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by MarcoP: 10:14am On Mar 07, 2013
This is a scam.

No job seeker should pay a dime to attend a job fair. There's even no guarantee that attendees would get jobs at the fair because such jobs don't exist.

Exhibitors should foot the bill, if at all such event is necessary.

There's too much scam targetted at innocent unemployed youths in this country. Each desperate man/woman is devising how to exploit people.

An employment agency in lagos is presently asking unemployed engineeers to pay N1 million each for a 6 months training by Siemens, after which they will be guaranteed of job positions.
Can you imagine that? Yet we complain of corruption in government.

May God help Nigeria.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 07, 2013
Sounds like scam to me sha.. undecided
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by nenergy(m): 10:16am On Mar 07, 2013
..............besides recruitmrnts fairs do not guarantee employement, so a moderate gate fee(paid upon arrival) would have made much more sense..
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Mkpotu(m): 10:23am On Mar 07, 2013
Scam alert!
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Richtalk: 10:23am On Mar 07, 2013
I got the same email too. Those attending the fair in lagos, the deadline for registration was yeterday, while the summit it on the 12th of march. Mine is abuja and the deadline is 17th. I will wait for the feedback from those in Lagos, before I proceed.
But to be frank, am skeptical about it. There website is so scanty, but no harm trying.

1 Like

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Rooneyboy(m): 10:36am On Mar 07, 2013
Richtalk: I got the same email too. Those attending the fair in lagos, the deadline for registration was yeterday, while the summit it on the 12th of march. Mine is abuja and the deadline is 17th. I will wait for the feedback from those in Lagos, before I proceed.
But to be frank, am skeptical about it. There website is so scanty, but no harm trying.
seems all of u got the invite grin

Still waiting to see someone that wasn't invited cheesy

Crooks !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Diageo Guinness Recruitment / Apply For BBC World Service Fresh Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.