Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,620 members, 7,948,381 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 07:49 PM

Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? (12820 Views)

ICS Talent Bank: Biggest Job Fair In West Africa / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 07, 2013
get scammed at your own peril
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by unforgiven: 10:39am On Mar 07, 2013
On a normal scenario, the organizations/firms/companies that spend big money advertizing for recruitment are suppose to be the people sponsoring the fair.
this is either a [size=14pt]scam [/size]or an [size=14pt]exploitation[/size].

1 Like

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by julieme: 10:45am On Mar 07, 2013
From d mail dey sent to me,it was boldly written at d end dat dey do not guarantee candicates of getting employed at end of d fair,dey are only giving us d chance to meet face-to-face with employers.y shud one pay 3k just to go and give cvs out?
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Slankey: 10:56am On Mar 07, 2013
folasflo: Why do people act naive? Our cynicism as Nigerians is a bottleneck to progress.
Have you guys considered the cost of logistics involved to setup such a big event which holds at 3 different choice venues?
Have you considered crowd control? Imagine the stampede that it will turn out to be if there's no measure to admit only serious job seekers? I'm sure the participating companies will lock up their booths and leave from the rush.
Have you also noticed that these people do not ask everyone to pay because they screen those that they invite? I have a couple of friends who didn't meet their criteria.
We should learn to embrace ingenuity and support what has potentials of improving our lives.

Hey! What do you imply? Why didn't you discuss the profit that will be made as well? Or you want to tell me that everyone admitted will get a job in the spot? I have attended many job fares abroad and I have never been charged a dime. If a company need a hire that will add value, then why charge at the job seeker's expense? I see this as a venture, unless a covenant is struck that all the people that paid will be offered a job on the spot.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by gmhc(m): 10:58am On Mar 07, 2013
The stuff is not a scam, it is real as credible people are involved. please refer to yesterday's dailies for authenticity
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by jamst(m): 10:59am On Mar 07, 2013
huh! no be 9ja we dey,were some people dey make money 4rm anoda pesin prob(job seekers)...na wa ooo.why cant it be free of charge(f.o.c)...mtscheeewww
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 07, 2013
folasflo: Why do people act naive? Our cynicism as Nigerians is a bottleneck to progress.
Have you guys considered the cost of logistics involved to setup such a big event which holds at 3 different choice venues?
Have you considered crowd control? Imagine the stampede that it will turn out to be if there's no measure to admit only serious job seekers? I'm sure the participating companies will lock up their booths and leave from the rush.
Have you also noticed that these people do not ask everyone to pay because they screen those that they invite? I have a couple of friends who didn't meet their criteria.
We should learn to embrace ingenuity and support what has potentials of improving our lives.

I totally disagree with you. I have been to career fair before, I said it in a similar thread before: your target audience are people without jobs where do you expect them to raise 3k from? The practice is this, the companies that are coming for the fair are the ones that provides logistics not the other way round. It is high time we call things by their names and not sugar coat it. These guys are scam period.

2 Likes

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Peterboy1(m): 11:17am On Mar 07, 2013
pcnwamadi:
It kinda sound real.. I don't know if any other person has gotten such mail. Imagine this people collecting N3000 from over 20,000 job seekers, dem don hammer oooh..

if 20,000 applicants pay 3,000 each that amount to 60 million,but that sound genuine but that name dont ring a bell, i will advice u ignore the msg

1 Like

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Peterboy1(m): 11:23am On Mar 07, 2013
gmhc: The stuff is not a scam, it is real as credible people are involved. please refer to yesterday's dailies for authenticity

using national dailies does not imply that its not a scam, if its genuine then the participating companies should provide the logistics not the other way round
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by superbloke(m): 11:26am On Mar 07, 2013
pcnwamadi: As the number of applications we have received is overwhelming, we encourage you to complete your registration as soon as possible.
When i see statements like this, my spider sense tingles. All i hear is ''SCAM ALERT'' grin
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by georgee(m): 11:29am On Mar 07, 2013
Do not be deceived, i knw these guys personally. They are thieves. Their office is located on ikorodu road just afta maryland. They rented one shop using it as their office. I was invited by them once for one of their fake job ad around dec 2012. During the interview, the yemi guy told me abt this Job fair coming up in march 2013 dat job seekers will pay 3K each. I querried him , he gave one stupid excuse.
Pls do not be fooled, i repeat, do not be fooled. It's betta u give ur GF the 3k to mk her hair this weekend or use to drink beer and chop nkwobi dan givn yemi.
They are scammers.

1 Like

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by doctokwus: 11:33am On Mar 07, 2013
I don't get it.That in dese days of high unemployment,there is a fair where pple bliv dey wud b offered jobs;where evn a small to medium sized company gets thousands of cv's for any few positions it has;where pple apply thru d net,any employer can av d time& resources to come accepting cv's at a fair?
Though dis may not qualify as a scam(though it comes close to it in my own book),dis at d minimum is exploitation using d old age method of pple not reading in between d lines.Its unfortunate some pple are ready to evn exploit those who literary av nothing.Why I wudnt condemn dem is that evn many religious houses still collect frm pple who literary av nothing in d form of offerings/tithes wt d bliv dat such wud b multiplied several thousand fold by God;meanwhile d pastor/church is invariably d only one flourishing while d deluded devotees most often dan not sink deeper in penury& want

2 Likes

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by mandigold: 11:48am On Mar 07, 2013
WHOIS information for nationalrecruitmentfairs.com:***

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]
[Redirected to whois.iaregistry.com]
[Querying whois.iaregistry.com]
[whois.iaregistry.com]
Domain Name: NATIONALRECRUITMENTFAIRS.COM
Registration Date: 02-Oct-2012
Expiration Date: 02-Oct-2013

Note: This Domain Name is currently Locked. In this status the domain name
cannot be transferred, hijacked, or modified. The Owner of this domain name
can easily change this status from their control panel.
This feature is provided as a security measure against fraudulent domain name hijacking.

Name Servers:
ns15.syskay.com
ns16.syskay.com

Registrant Contact Details:
tripplelinkglobalsolutions
Yemi Sowande (yemi_sowande@yahoo.com)
382, Ikorodu Road
Maryland
lagos
Lagos,23401
NG
Tel. +234.8055252399
Administrative Contact Details:
382, Ikorodu Road
Maryland
lagos
Lagos,23401
NG
Tel. +234.8055252399
Technical Contact Details:
382, Ikorodu Road
Maryland
lagos
Lagos,23401
NG
Tel. +234.8055252399
Billing Contact Details:
382, Ikorodu Road
Maryland
lagos
Lagos,23401
NG
Tel. +234.8055252399

The data in this whois database is provided to you for information purposes
only, that is, to assist you in obtaining information about or related to a
domain name registration record. We make this information available "as is",
and do not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a whois query, you agree
that you will use this data only for lawful purposes and that, under no
circumstances will you use this data to:
(1) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that stress or load
this whois database system providing you this information; or
(2) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited,
commercial advertising or solicitations via direct mail, electronic mail, or
by telephone.
The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or other use of this data is
expressly prohibited without prior written consent from us. The Registrar of
record is THE REGISTRY AT INFO AVENUE.
We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time.
By submitting this query, you agree to abide by these terms.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by tayoccu(m): 11:49am On Mar 07, 2013
gmhc: The stuff is not a scam, it is real as credible people are involved. please refer to yesterday's dailies for authenticity

Like nigerian newspapers do background checks on any firm that wants to advertize on their publications.
This fair is a plot to defraud job seekers.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Manty(m): 11:54am On Mar 07, 2013
pcnwamadi: National Recruitment Fairs 2013, Payment Of N3,000. What Do You Think?

I just received dis mail from dem, ĥâτ do ♈o̶̲̥̅̊ν guys tink? Have any body paid?

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for your interest in the National Recruitment Fairs 2013.

You are receiving this e-mail with reference to your registration to attend the National Recruitment Fairs holding in Lagos, Abuja, and PortHarcourt in March 2013.

Upon screening of your profile, we are pleased to inform you that you have been shortlisted to attend the National Recruitment Fair in the city of your choice.

Next step is to confirm your participation. Details of which are below:

Step 1: 
Pay the registration fee of 3,000 Naira to our GTBank Account
Account Name:        Tripplelink Global Solutions Limited
Account Number:      0123186646

Step 2:
Send details of payment such as teller number and name to: receipts@nationalrecruitmentfairs.com

Once we receive and confirm your payment, we would send you the recruitment fair guide, Identification tags, pre-fair workshop schedule of events and other details required to attend the fair.

As the number of applications we have received is overwhelming, we encourage you to complete your registration as soon as possible.

To keep up with regular updates and information, such as new companies, exhibitors, advertised vacancies by these companies kindly like us on facebook: www.facebook.com/nationalrecruitmentfairs and follow us on twitter: @hiring4success

For more information or questions, please do not hesitate to call us on: 08032870010, 08184369605, 01-8447646, or send emails to: info@nationalrecruitmentfairs.com

Accept our warmest regards as we look forward to hosting you at the National Recruitment Fairs 2013.

--
Sincerely,
Adeyemi Sowande
Managing Partner

www.nationalrecruitmentfairs.com
I received the mail too, but am still wondering how d job fair will look like
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by georgee(m): 11:59am On Mar 07, 2013
Nigerians and their gullibility. I knw a lot of pple will still fall for this even afta bn warned not to. U will see dem complaining next week that they've bn duped. Well, will wait for season 2 of this thread afta the fair.
Well done Yemi Sowande. Ahhhh, maga don dey pay. 3K * 40,000applicants =
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by kumbalo(m): 12:13pm On Mar 07, 2013
Job fair is meant to be free. Oyo state Govt conducted the first ever OYo job fair last year and it was free. It's an exploitation. You can afford to throw 3k away sebi. #mugu#
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Rooneyboy(m): 12:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
georgee: Do not be deceived, i knw these guys personally. They are thieves. Their office is located on ikorodu road just afta maryland. They rented one shop using it as their office. I was invited by them once for one of their fake job ad around dec 2012. During the interview, the yemi guy told me abt this Job fair coming up in march 2013 dat job seekers will pay 3K each. I querried him , he gave one stupid excuse.
Pls do not be fooled, i repeat, do not be fooled. It's betta u give ur GF the 3k to mk her hair this weekend or use to drink beer and chop nkwobi dan givn yemi.
They are scammers.

[color=#006600]Funny boi, really bro I'm so disappointed.

Having gone to the university I do expect Nigerians(these gullible ones) to be smarter .[

Its a pity they came out worse . grin/color]
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by dominiceze: 12:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
the participating firms are under obligation to pay for the fair kits and other related expenses, asking jobless participants to pay 3k makes it questionable. Sure looks like scam. Any way lets wait and see
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Achuamaokwa(m): 12:18pm On Mar 07, 2013
my dear, hv nt got an iv an i want to be there, hw i wish they should send me a text.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Rooneyboy(m): 12:22pm On Mar 07, 2013
Manty: I received the mail too, but am still wondering how d job fair will look like

Are u still wondering grin "wonder" no more, all I want u to do @ this point is to go pay the said amount for urself and girlfriend, when u return from the fair u tell us how many companies employed u grin
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by BeraBera(f): 12:38pm On Mar 07, 2013
Employment scam. Pay at your own risk. It's obvious that these people are cashing in on the seeming unemployment in the country to extort money from job seekers. What a shame. I pray the security agents catch up with them. Recruitment fair ko, recruitment fair nii
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by henrysam(m): 12:38pm On Mar 07, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]Any intersted nairalander who wants to pay should pay into my account, I will go into white and dry fasting for you and you shall see your miracle.
grin grin
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by tayoccu(m): 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2013
Achuamaokwa: my dear, hv nt got an iv an i want to be there, hw i wish they should send me a text.

I see you've been sent to come and play the role of "the one that didn't get the invite".
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by malipalina: 1:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
Dear Candidate,

You are receiving this e-mail with reference to your registration to attend the National Recruitment Fairs holding in Lagos, Abuja, and PortHarcourt in March 2013.

IN THE FIRST PLACE DID YOU SOLICIT FOR THE MAIL?
DID YOU ALSO REGISTER TO ATTEND THE RECRUITMENT?
IF NO JUST IGNORE THEM AND IF YESS HAVE A RETHINK.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by dadebayo1(m): 2:08pm On Mar 07, 2013
this is definately a scam.. All about a group of unemployed youths organizing a fair for another group of unemployed youths. Imagine #3000 multiplied by no of youths that fall for this. And someone is talking about logistics?? What hapnd to corporate sponsorship?? Are the companies that want to participate so broke that they cant fund the fair I applied and i was also invited.. Would like to see someone that applied and did not get an invitation to take part in the fair. This is SCAM in a new dimension... Taking advantage of unemployed youths.. Just incase u paid d 3k just want u to look into the mirror and say "I AM A FIRSt ClASS MAGA"
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by dadebayo1(m): 2:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
Achuamaokwa: my dear, hv nt got an iv an i want to be there, hw i wish they should send me a text.
grin

lollzzzzzzzz..... Please my slot is for sale. Since you are ready to be there.. U can pay for my own slot.. I was invited but am not going.. So if you are interested you can buy my slot.. Lollllll.. #maga##
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by dpee4real(m): 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2013
Richtalk: I got the same email too. Those attending the fair in lagos, the deadline for registration was yeterday, while the summit it on the 12th of march. Mine is abuja and the deadline is 17th. I will wait for the feedback from those in Lagos, before I proceed.
But to be frank, am skeptical about it. There website is so scanty, but no harm trying.
There is no harm in trying but great harm in PAYING!
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by wazobiaforu(m): 4:12pm On Mar 07, 2013
pcnwamadi: National Recruitment Fairs 2013, Payment Of N3,000. What Do You Think?

Next step is to confirm your participation. Details of which are below:

Step 1: 
Pay the registration fee of 3,000 Naira to our GTBank Account
Account Name:        Tripplelink Global Solutions Limited
Account Number:      0123186646

Step 2:
Send details of payment such as teller number and name to: receipts@nationalrecruitmentfairs.com

[b][/b]As the number of applications we have received is overwhelming, we encourage you to complete your registration as soon as possible.

Accept our warmest regards as we look forward to hosting you at the National Recruitment Fairs 2013.

--
Sincerely,
Adeyemi Sowande
Managing Partner

www.nationalrecruitmentfairs.com

There are some signs that you see in a scam bussiness if you open your eyes:

* for them to be saying you should complete your registration on time(meaning go to bank on time and pay) IS ENOUGH for scam sign.

* they have shortlisted names according to them and that shows they have minimised the number of people they want ... SO WHAT IS OVERWHELMING AGAIN? That is another sign of scam.

* thirdly, no deadline for registration which is (go to bank and pay), so anytime you get the message just go and pay, any serious company crying of overwhelming will SURELY set a date for deadline to control number of applicant, another sign of scam

My advice is if you think my point is good enough then dont be scam.

NB: if its scam, then their members maybe here to convince ppl - be wise
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by boazic: 4:22pm On Mar 07, 2013
Guyz I do not think there is any harm you try it. Well, I paid the 3k and got my kit and participant entry card. make I reach Oriental Hotel first for VI and make them bounce me bfor I go biliv.
"Na lie, Na lie na im dey deprive nigerians...."
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by meedx: 4:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
Screen what? I just applied and was yet to forward my CV when i got the invite and i wondered what they screened to consider me. Besides, they said the fair does not guarantee an opportunity for employment.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by meedx: 4:39pm On Mar 07, 2013
High time you realized that fraudsters have resorted to dailies. I almost fell a victim once but for my 6th sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nmr Intercontinental Limited / Graduate Trainees 2022 Jobs Currently Ongoing - A Thread For Ongoing Job Updates / Traveling Is My Hobby..i Want A Job That Entails Traveling.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.