Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,879 members, 7,915,524 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 05:41 AM

Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? (12787 Views)

ICS Talent Bank: Biggest Job Fair In West Africa / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by tayoccu(m): 4:51pm On Mar 07, 2013
boazic: Guyz I do not think there is any harm you try it. Well, I paid the 3k and got my kit and participant entry card. make I reach Oriental Hotel first for VI and make them bounce me bfor I go biliv.
"Na lie, Na lie na im dey deprive nigerians...."

We yaff hear you, but we refuse to fall 4 d hustle.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by ejamtaq: 5:13pm On Mar 07, 2013
somebody i know got the same message. i smell a rat
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by ezenwaez(m): 5:15pm On Mar 07, 2013
First of all... Haha go down low. Well I guess NIMC is better afterall. I get 3k but I no pay it reminds me of mtn Job scratch card first of all introduction smiley
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Blofeld(m): 5:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
This is a SCAM. I can smell it from a distance. Is there anything like a recruitment fair BTW?
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Mornah25: 5:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
boazic: Guyz I do not think there is any harm you try it. Well, I paid the 3k and got my kit and participant entry card. make I reach Oriental Hotel first for VI and make them bounce me bfor I go biliv.
pls wen did u apply n hw long did it tk dem to send ur kits?
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by nenergy(m): 5:43pm On Mar 07, 2013
A friend emailed Jobberman asking if she should pay or not. And this is Jobberman's reply.

Hello ,

According to the organizers, the fair is a high profile employment
exhibition event with restricted attendance. The charge for attendance is
for screening of CVs, Fair materials and also to control attendance.

At Jobberman, though we do not encourage people to pay for job offers, we
understand the challenges that organizing a high profile event entails,
hence our support for a few reputable fairs of such nature.

Also in a bid to create more opportunities for Employer/Job seeker
interactions, we support and endorse many career fairs that are free and
targeted at a larger audience. Details of upcoming free career fairs would
be communicated to you in the coming weeks.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Alausa4real: 5:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
Guys may na no go pay dat kind money o, na owo omogo be dat.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by TimePiece(f): 6:51pm On Mar 07, 2013
nenergy: A friend emailed Jobberman asking if she should pay or not. And this is Jobberman's reply.

Hello ,

According to the organizers, the fair is a high profile employment
exhibition event with restricted attendance. The charge for attendance is
for screening of CVs, Fair materials and also to control attendance.

At Jobberman, though we do not encourage people to pay for job offers, we
understand the challenges that organizing a high profile event entails,
hence our support for a few reputable fairs of such nature.

Also in a bid to create more opportunities for Employer/Job seeker
interactions, we support and endorse many career fairs that are free and
targeted at a larger audience. Details of upcoming free career fairs would
be communicated to you in the coming weeks.

You wrote to the organizers of the fair!
Jobberman is part of the organisation!
What were you expecting? A "no, pls disregard" reply?
Pleeeease!

2 Likes

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by favcom(m): 7:20pm On Mar 07, 2013
Good reply from @ Jobberman. They've 'stylishly' exonerate themselves of any blame. In other words, pay at your own risk!
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by pcnwamadi(m): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2013
favcom: Good reply from @ Jobberman. They've 'stylishly' exonerate themselves of any blame. In other words, pay at your own risk!
My tots too
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Ashmark(m): 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2013
They are real scam.Don't pay any money if you recieve the message.They sent me the message also saying that I should pay 3k...For what...The funniest part was that the information that I produce during registration were rubbish.How come I was shortlisted
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by nenergy(m): 8:25am On Mar 08, 2013
TimePiece:

You wrote to the organizers of the fair!
What were you expecting? A "no, pls disregard" reply?
Pleeeease!

That's why they say Nigerian Graduates are half-baked. Did i say i sent the message? secondly, read Jobberman's reply again...and please put on your thick glasses this time.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by georgee(m): 8:42am On Mar 08, 2013
I just sent my application filling everywia with *Blaa blaa blacksheep* the only correct thing was my e-mail add. I uploaded a BLANK microsoft word as my CV. Alas, i got the msg in my inbox that av been shortlisted that i shuld go pay 3K into their GTB account.
I have said it and read it in so many places, most nigerian graduates are unemployable. They come out more gullible afta graduation. Can y'all see d reason why.
See scam bodly written all ova this stuff, yet some are still justifying their gullible action. I hia.
Well done Yemi sowande, jobless youth using wat he gat to get he wants.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by mutoheer: 8:47am On Mar 08, 2013
I received the message yesterday being Thursday, and therein I was told the deadline for Lagos applicants was Wednesday. What untimely message. Moreso, the message that I received seemed to be copied and pasted as some sentences run to other paragraphs. I doubt its veracity. Thank God, it is not timely. I am safe and saved
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 08, 2013
tayoccu:

Abeg spare me the crap, its the participating firms that should pay for the fair. Worst case the job seekers should only pay a token (in the form of gate fees), that's how I know fairs are organized, not this way.

U on point jare,was @ an oil and gas fair last week in abj,and I didn't pay,I was also serve refreshment and given stuffs...recruiting agents are ment to have a stand there each..then if a candidate meets the recruitin firm there,they can now charge him on their own basis...@ least any recruitin firm there wud be considered a gud and authentic one..
I got the email too...

1 Like

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Rooneyboy(m): 9:48am On Mar 08, 2013
tayoccu:

I see you've been sent to come and play the role of "the one that didn't get the invite".

of course, but unfortunately he's not convincing enough grin

1 Like

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Rooneyboy(m): 9:53am On Mar 08, 2013

Here we have a bold maga that turns up grin.
'iti' ought to be ur second name.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by remzytimer: 10:01am On Mar 08, 2013
your discretion is advised!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Rooneyboy(m): 10:07am On Mar 08, 2013
georgee: I just sent my application filling everywia with *Blaa blaa blacksheep* the only correct thing was my e-mail add. I uploaded a BLANK microsoft word as my CV. Alas, i got the msg in my inbox that av been shortlisted that i shuld go pay 3K into their GTB account.

Strongly reminds me of E- Break through.

Then I would send stuffs like "ur papa, ur mama, ur generation, e no go better for u e.t.c"

Press ur send button and 'wala' u'll be invited on the spot.

AUTO: Reply, that's what they use.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by tayoccu(m): 10:59am On Mar 08, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Strongly reminds me of E- Break through.

Then I would send stuffs like "ur papa, ur mama, ur generation, e no go better for u e.t.c"

Press ur send button and 'wala' u'll be invited on the spot.

AUTO: Reply, that's what they use.

4 real? cheesy grin
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by tayoccu(m): 11:02am On Mar 08, 2013
It really isn't their fault, when jobberman blazed the trail 4 them by asking job seekers to pay 4 their services, instead of billing the advertising firms.
#buncharogues!
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Somex10202(m): 12:36pm On Mar 08, 2013
tayoccu:

I see you've been sent to come and play the role of "the one that didn't get the invite".
.lol dnt mind d guy.me dat i couldnot finish d registration 2days,i didnot send my cv,but today,i got d mail as well.me dnt trust them o
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by TimePiece(f): 12:55pm On Mar 08, 2013
nenergy:

That's why they say Nigerian Graduates are half-baked. Did i say i sent the message? secondly, read Jobberman's reply again...and please put on your thick glasses this time.

If it will make you feel better with yourself, I wore the thick glasses this time and I have amended it for your sake. Thus,

You
Your friend wrote to emailed the organizers of the fair!
What were was you your friend expecting? A "no, pls disregard" reply?
Pleeeease!

The original message still remains for people with better understanding skills.
Thank you.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Playgal(f): 2:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
I PAID ON WEDNESDAY AND GOT A PAYMENT NOTIFICATION RESPONSE FROM THEM. THEY SAID THEY WILL GET BACK TO ME ON THE ID CARD AND OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED. THURDAY, FRIDAY AM STILL YET TO GET ANY MAIL FROM THEM.

I THOT THEY SAID THE PROGRAMME WILL HOLD ON WEDNESDAY, BUT NOW WEN I CALLED THE LADY TOLD ME IS NOW HOLDING ON TUESDAY.

MAY GOD HELP US.

I HOPE AV NOT BEEN DUPED.
shocked
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Mornah25: 2:18pm On Mar 08, 2013
Playgal: I PAID ON WEDNESDAY AND GOT A PAYMENT NOTIFICATION RESPONSE FROM THEM. THEY SAID THEY WILL GET BACK TO ME ON THE ID CARD AND OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED. THURDAY, FRIDAY AM STILL YET TO GET ANY MAIL FROM THEM.

I THOT THEY SAID THE PROGRAMME WILL HOLD ON WEDNESDAY, BUT NOW WEN I CALLED THE LADY TOLD ME IS NOW HOLDING ON TUESDAY.

MAY GOD HELP US.

shocked
me 2...I even paid on tuesday n till nw notin.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by favcom(m): 3:30pm On Mar 08, 2013
Playgal: I PAID ON WEDNESDAY AND GOT A PAYMENT NOTIFICATION RESPONSE FROM THEM. THEY SAID THEY WILL GET BACK TO ME ON THE ID CARD AND OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED. THURDAY, FRIDAY AM STILL YET TO GET ANY MAIL FROM THEM.

MAY GOD HELP US.

shocked

Mornah25: me 2...I even paid on tuesday n till nw notin.

So, despite everything, some people eventually paid? SMH
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by pcnwamadi(m): 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2013

MAY GOD HELP US.

shocked
Dis is realy terible. I almost fell victim..
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by julieme: 12:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
Lagos peeps how is d fair going?

1 Like

Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by Rooneyboy(m): 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2013

MAY GOD HELP US.

shocked

u deserve to be flogged.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by greenbiz(m): 5:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
Blame it all on jobberman cuz they gave these rogues the opportunity to send message to every applicant's email that has signed up wit jobberman.
Jobberman contacted all applicants for these rogues.
You can imagine how much jobberman will make from all these.
Later, we wil be accusing our leaders of being corrupt.
Is these all we get 4 registering wit jobberman
Jobberman! Your integrity is at stake for this singular act.
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by meedx: 6:10pm On Mar 12, 2013
greenbiz: Blame it all on jobberman cuz they gave these rogues the opportunity to send message to every applicant's email that has signed up wit jobberman.
Jobberman contacted all applicants for these rogues.
You can imagine how much jobberman will make from all these.
Later, we wil be accusing our leaders of being corrupt.
Is these all we get 4 registering wit jobberman
Jobberman! Your integrity is at stake for this singular act.
Did you register? How was the fair?
Re: Is The National Recruitment Fair 2013 A Scam? by remzytimer: 12:44am On Mar 13, 2013

MAY GOD HELP US.

shocked
sorry na ur name' u have been scammed, anything "joberman" its a scam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview / Nigerian Breweries Sales Executive Test / My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.