Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,880 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:20 AM

Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London (21915 Views)

President Obama Is ‘captivated’ By Buhari’s Speech At UN LEADERSHIP Summit. PICS / Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja / Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Pataki: 11:42am On Mar 07, 2013
thelastPope: He forgot to tell them that the lousy governor of the only state his party controls could not provide common borehole for the state university.

He forgot to tell them how he was part of the big oil scam by overthrowing a democratically elected civilian government.

He is a very BIG FOOOL!!!

Should Buhari interfere in the governance and administration of Nasarawa, it is profound dolts as you that would be the first to be barking that Buhari is practicing godfatherism.

A State University gets funding from the State Government. A State University has a vice chancellor, a dean of student affairs, etc. But to utter dunderheads like you, Buhari has to be there, to instruct the governor who instructs the VC of the university to do what must be done.

You are a DOOFUS!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by nkemKalu: 11:53am On Mar 07, 2013
tempo1: GUYS,AM 4RM AKWA IBOM I WIL NT SAY WHAT HUHARI IS SAYING IS NT GOOD.THE MAN IS TELLING THD TRUTH,2007 AND 2011 WAS MY FIRST EXPIRENCE OF ELECTION IN NIGERIA.HOW CAN U ANOUNCE ONE MAN ONE VOTE BT AT DA TEL END U WIL SEE ONE MAN 20 VOTES.AGAIN I KNW THE LHND OF WEAPONS MY AKPABIO GVE GUYS DURING THAT ELECTION TIME SAME WITH D SO CALLED LUSIFA WHO IS OUR PRESIDENT.WHAT I KNW IS THAT BUHARI IS BETER THAN MANY OF OUR LEADERS ,BT HE SHLD NT GO FOR 2015.
WHAT IS BUHARI SAYING THAT IS NOT GOOD?...........THAT ELECTIONS ARE BEING RIGGED IN NIGERIA?......THAT THERE IS POVERTY AND ILLITERACY IN NIGERIA?.........THERE IS ETHNIC BIAS IN NIGERIA?.....SO WHICH ONE IS NOT GOOD AND IS FALSE IN THAT TEXT?.......I SIMPLY DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALOT OF PDP-LED NIGERIANS. I PERSONALLY THINK IT IS THE SAME ILLITERACY AND IGNORANCE, COUPLED WITH POVERTY OF MIND AND BRAIN.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by marvelousabah(m): 12:01pm On Mar 07, 2013
buhari is a fool nt only a fool bt an asshol,who dos he tink he is for goin to d international community and say rubbish abut his country,its jst lyk som1 havin boil is his ass and writin it on sign board dat he has boil in his ass buhari is an insulent bastard.wat did he do wen he was head of state? Even afta d killin of last yrs election did he com out to condem d action of dos who killd helples citizen in his nam whch shows dat if given a chanc d country wil nt only divid bt flow wit blood.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by nkemKalu: 12:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
marvelous abah: buhari is a fool nt only a fool bt an asshol,who dos he tink he is for goin to d international community and say rubbish abut his country,its jst lyk som1 havin boil is his ass and writin it on sign board dat he has boil in his ass buhari is an insulent bastard.wat did he do wen he was head of state? Even afta d killin of last yrs election did he com out to condem d action of dos who killd helples citizen in his nam whch shows dat if given a chanc d country wil nt only divid bt flow wit blood.
and JONATHAN WITH THE PDP COHORTS ARE WISE MEN WHO ARE NOT LEADING THE COUNTRY TO DIVISION? ABI?.....GOOD LUCK AND FRESH AIR TO U......BUT I AM SURE U MUST BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST ASS-HOLES TO ACCEPT THAT JONATHAN-LED GOVERNMENT IS THE BEST NIGERIA HAS EVER HAD AND THAT HIS SIX YEARS SO FAR ON THAT SEAT IS BETTER THAN BUHARIS 20 (TWENTY MONTHS IN OFFICE).....I still ask again, What is the rubbish that this man has said?.....That there is election rigging in Nigeria?.....That there is illiteracy and poverty in Nigeria?, .....that there is ethnicity in Nigeria?.....that the judiciary and justice is being pervated in Nigeria?...pls tell me the one that is rubbish. Na..wa for u people...ooo
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by coputa(m): 12:11pm On Mar 07, 2013
If the international community can persuade Buhari (a coupist) to come to their country with a pre determine speech to lambast his country,then it speaks volumes of the manner of people we had as president/head of state...Buhari is a drowning man,he is confused.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by postemail: 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2013
marvelous abah: buhari is a fool nt only a fool bt an asshol,who dos he tink he is for goin to d international community and say rubbish abut his country,its jst lyk som1 havin boil is his ass and writin it on sign board dat he has boil in his ass buhari is an insulent bastard.wat did he do wen he was head of state? Even afta d killin of last yrs election did he com out to condem d action of dos who killd helples citizen in his nam whch shows dat if given a chanc d country wil nt only divid bt flow wit blood.

My friend, your country (Nigeria) is a shithole of a place.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Ginno567: 12:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
i don't even know if some people comment'g actually read d speech.Buhari categorically stated Nigeria problems and adviced ways that it can be solved.i think that in respect is a mark of a good leader.That is why we keep on choosing the wrong leader that takes us 4years backward each time.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by buzo1: 12:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
Buhari na my man. The British people wan test am whether he truly dey stand 4 truth. Make una leave am since 9ja people no wan hear, the British go hear. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by bjdon: 1:08pm On Mar 07, 2013
lanre_front:

F*OOL.

Was is not IBB that came after and scatter the whole thing with the Introduction of SAP to the benefit of the west. Even the Shagari Administration would have adopted the disastrous SAP if Buhari government had not taken over. But alas, IBB came and continued where Shagari stopped.

I will not lower myself to join insults with you. However I will ask you some questions Was Buhari not the head of the state? Why did he not sack Babangida? For your information the buck stops with the leader. If he can't be asked to determine the quality of character of his fellow officers and then plans and executes a coup with those same criminal officers, he must also take repsonsability for the subsequent actions of those officers. You can't seperate the overthrow of Shagari with the subsequent coup in 1985. Both are linked.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by bjdon: 1:13pm On Mar 07, 2013
Demdem:

The general spoke the truth. That's what he is noted for. It's near imposibility to disprove such.

The truth? for real? Come on my fellow Nairalanders while a lot of what he said may indeed be true, I think we really need to address the case of the 2011 election. Dose any sane, neutral person really think Buhari won that election? For Gods sake, the entire south voted en mass for GEJ(Yes I know many regret that not,but that's not the point)add the middle belt and please tell me how Buhari could have won in 2011.

Buhari is not a bad man. He cares deeply for Nigeria and wants to see the country do well. However he has in my opnion a bit of a 'God-Complex' he simply can't see or accept any other view that is not in 100% agreement with his. It is this personality flaw that will prevent him every being President of this nation
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Joey82(m): 1:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
Well, i've read buhari's speech and i've followed the comments down and i must confess the level of nepotism in Nigeria seem beyond cure.
how come some folks are only seeing where he talked down corruption and other national ills.
how come nobody is commending him for castigating SAP, he even mentioned the bully of the IMF on nigeria's economy. it takes courage to say those kinda things even in the uk.
From what i read, buhari focused more on IBB's regime as the turning points for nigeria's woes. he hardly talked about the present administration if not for the mention of the previous elections.
I wonder y the GEJ apologists are hell bent on lambasting buhari's person.
If GEJ was good enough, he'll be the voice representing africa. Sad enough we hardly hear him say anything worth quoting in future references.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by drexx(m): 1:23pm On Mar 07, 2013
Buhari again? I wonder what he hopes to achieve with all this rants. I always say it and I would keep on saying it, Buhari is one of the persons that plunged nigeria into this state of doom we are in today. He took part in a coup which in itself is a big crime. What did he achieve in office apart from war against undisciplined? Flogging and beating nigerians. at least one can point out the things that IBB did but Buhari, can't find any. we all know GEJ is bad but if Buhari is the only alternative, then Johnathan till 2019. Buhari doesn't have the moral justification to criticize Johnathan. Nigeria doesn't need an Islamic Extremist as president
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Demdem(m): 1:24pm On Mar 07, 2013
bjdon:

The truth? for real? Come on my fellow Nairalanders while a lot of what he said may indeed be true, I think we really need to address the case of the 2011 election. Dose any sane, neutral person really think Buhari won that election? For Gods sake, the entire south voted en mass for GEJ(Yes I know many regret that not,but that's not the point)add the middle belt and please tell me how Buhari could have won in 2011.

Buhari is not a bad man. He cares deeply for Nigeria and wants to see the country do well. However he has in my opnion a bit of a 'God-Complex' he simply can't see or accept any other view that is not in 100% agreement with his. It is this personality flaw that will prevent him every being President of this nation

What are u even talking about? Did u mention anything about Buhari winning any election, did he himself even made mention of such? Did u Infact read his speech? He made mention of electoral malpractices. It's left for u to point out from his speech where u think he wasn't being truthful.

Secondly, ur opinion about him is noted however I disagree. He isn't such a man. U are mistaking a principled man for those that stand for nothing. Buhari is no such. Deal with that.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Demdem(m): 1:26pm On Mar 07, 2013
Joey82: Well, i've read buhari's speech and i've followed the comments down and i must confess the level of nepotism in Nigeria seem beyond cure.
how come some folks are only seeing where he talked down corruption and other national ills.
how come nobody is commending him for castigating SAP, he even mentioned the bully of the IMF on nigeria's economy. it takes courage to say those kinda things even in the uk.
From what i read, buhari focused more on IBB's regime as the turning points for nigeria's woes. he hardly talked about the present administration if not for the mention of the previous elections.
I wonder y the GEJ apologists are hell bent on lambasting buhari's person.
If GEJ was good enough, he'll be the voice representing africa. Sad enough we hardly hear him say anything worth quoting in future references.

Fair post.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by bjdon: 2:19pm On Mar 07, 2013
Demdem:

What are u even talking about? Did u mention anything about Buhari winning any election, did he himself even made mention of such? Did u Infact read his speech? He made mention of electoral malpractices. It's left for u to point out from his speech where u think he wasn't being truthful.

Secondly, ur opinion about him is noted however I disagree. He isn't such a man. U are mistaking a principled man for those that stand for nothing. Buhari is no such. Deal with that.

Indeed I did read his speech and states in very clear terms that all the elections that he has contested 2003, 2007 and 2011 were not free and fair. If he knows for sure that he did not win the 2011 election why dose he keep going on about the issue in the SS/SE. Recently in the US a woman in Ohio confessed to voting multiple times for Obama,did that make Romeny come out and start making noise? My point here is that even if the 2011 election was not perfect, Buhari LOST THAT ELECTION so he should stop making reference to it.

Now as to you claim that he is a principled man. Sorry but I need to counter that.

1: Dose a principled man serve in Sani Abacha's govt while people are being killed and detained?

2: Dose a principled man keep quite when young youth coppers are cut to death by his own supporters?

3: Dose a principled man run to known crooks like Babangida on the eve of an election to get them to try and broker a pack with the ACN?

4: How come this principled man has never said ONE NEGATIVE world about the Abacha administration?

5: How come this principled man has never come out to clearly condem Boko Haram?

6: How come this principled man enjoined Muslims to only vote for Muslims?

I am sorry but Buhari is no saint and most certainly not a principled man.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Nasige(m): 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2013
Gen Buhari keep saying the truth,d truth shall set u free(both in d open or bhinde close door).One tin nigerians ar good at is to see d truth and try cover it up bcus of some selfish reasons.Let start singing TRUTH bcus it is d only tin that can set 9ja free.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Demdem(m): 2:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
bjdon:

Indeed I did read his speech and states in very clear terms that all the elections that he has contested 2003, 2007 and 2011 were not free and fair. If he knows for sure that he did not win the 2011 election why dose he keep going on about the issue in the SS/SE. Recently in the US a woman in Ohio confessed to voting multiple times for Obama,did that make Romeny come out and start making noise? My point here is that even if the 2011 election was not perfect, Buhari LOST THAT ELECTION so he should stop making reference to it.

And why should he stop making reference to it. The wise always learn from the past. What happened in SS/ se was a fact and should be made mentioned of as much as possible. Comparing a woman in US to series of irregularities here is not appropriate. Besides US always learn from their mistakes but here we don't and that explains why it should be repeated as much as possible.

If he lost clearly without all these delibrate attrocities, probably yes but a man that was robbed don't keep quiet. I believe he should continue because Nigerians are highly forgetful.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Demdem(m): 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2013
bjdon:

Now as to you claim that he is a principled man. Sorry but I need to counter that.

1: Dose a principled man serve in Sani Abacha's govt while people are being killed and detained?

2: Dose a principled man keep quite when young youth coppers are cut to death by his own supporters?

3: Dose a principled man run to known crooks like Babangida on the eve of an election to get them to try and broker a pack with the ACN?

4: How come this principled man has never said ONE NEGATIVE world about the Abacha administration?

5: How come this principled man has never come out to clearly condem Boko Haram?

[b]1) yes, so many principled men work with abacha govt that includes civil servants also. As long as u don't partake in any rot and making ur impact felt to the people, its in order. Buhari did that and ptf legacy still stands till date.

2) no, a principled man don't. Surely buhari is principled and that explains why he condemned such acts. He went further to challenge the govt to bring perpetrators to book and chastised the govt who haven't done anything about it despite being empowered.

3) don't distort fact. Buhari visited minna/Ibb but not for the reason of making a pact with ACN to work. What is ibbs business in ACN. He is in the killer party. Ur insinuation is just a figment of ur imagination. Because u TOT that was what happened doesn't mean it surely happened. Get real dude. Besides if ur epitome of principle(retardeen) who regards Ibb as his father can honour him, why not buhari who just decides to visit. Surely the man is principled.

4) that is the only thing I have against him. He probably knows something u and I don't. Besides this only issue of mine against him doesn't suggest to me that he is unprincipled.

5) u are wrong. A simple Google search will disprove this. Be even went further in suggesting to the govt ways to fight evil boko after explaining the various evil boko we have. His party explained that to all Nigerians.

6) he was misqouted and journalist took it out of context. There is no evidence to suggest that the general is a religious bigot.

I normally qoute my references with any long post but can't now because am mobile. If need be, will do it later.

Above all I agree that he is no saint however he is surely a principled man. A man of honour, worthy of emulation.
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by OsunOriginal: 3:06pm On Mar 07, 2013
timowale: I write to call attention of everyone who claim GMB did not proffer any solution to all the negative claims concernig Nigeria.i dare such ones to read through the post once more .u would come out @the end he highlighted ;level of literacy, economic empowerment of the people and so on.....[color=#006600][/color]

They will neither see nor understand - why do you think we have been recording mass failure in nigeria schools?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by OsunOriginal: 3:34pm On Mar 07, 2013
emmasege: I'll address point no. 10 raised by the general, where he said s/east and s/south recorded more than 90% turn out, but other states of the federation recorded only 46%. Is he telling us that the turn out in those northern states where he recorded more than a million votes and close to a million (as the case may be) only recorded 46% turn out. He's once again shown his aversion for the southern Nigeria, and he only needs to intensify his prayers for Nigeria to break up so that he can rule over his sect. But until then, he should forget about entering Aso rock.

We dont need analysis from a dullard - you will never get it right. Thanks imbe.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by danjohn: 3:38pm On Mar 07, 2013
joeyfire: Buhari is a devil. So na now the man sabi say things dey wrong with the system because no be dem dey aso rock. He's complaining that small bayelsa receives the same allocation as lagos, why didn't he use yobe or gombe as example, after all how many people dey those places.

He did not say anything about monthly allocation. He was talking about number of senators. For example Ekiti state has 2.4 million people while Lagos has over 9 million people; however, both states have 3 senators representing despite the fact that Lagos has over 3 times more people than Ekiti. That is the point in simple English.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by phineas: 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2013
A Buhari thread,Im so late....
Vote for Buhari come 2015,any other vote is simply a wasted effort.
Long live General Buhari,
Long live the federal republic of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Afam4evaIsASlut: 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2013
bjdon:

Dose of wat. bros? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by chuxyn: 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2013
sammyudoh: I see no harm in the general telling nigerians in the diaspora the truth about their father's land. Or what do you expect a man of proven integrity to do

Is that all he can see about Nigeria? why act like their are no more opportunities or hope in Nigeria. Your hatred for Obasanjo and the PDP translate into hatred for your country oga soldier
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by vicope: 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2013
Pataki:

I don't live in Nigeria. I am from the South-West. The last experience I had from the South West was under the PDP administration. I am currently and independently reviewing the works which some of the State governments are doing under the new ACN administration. I just finished documenting that of Lagos State and I can say, I am impressed. Ogun State is undergoing massive urban renewal. Demolition of obsolete structures, expansion of roads, etc. I was truly glad that now you cannot just park your car anyhow in some part of the State without getting a parking ticket on your car. This has created employment for some.

I am heading to Ekiti next to review what they are doing there. But the honest truth is that, without a credible and intelligent corrupt free leader at the center, it would seem that any effort being undertaken at state or local level is a sheer waste of time.
Nice work Sir! May I also add that you need to see the transformation in Oyo state. Challenge, Mokola, Iwo Road, Agbeni-Ogunpa market etc that used to be a source of concern to the state due to illegal hawking, traffic congestion, criminal activities are now sights to behold. Truly ACN is working!
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by vicope: 5:16pm On Mar 07, 2013
drexx: Buhari again? I wonder what he hopes to achieve with all this rants. I always say it and I would keep on saying it, Buhari is one of the persons that plunged nigeria into this state of doom we are in today. He took part in a coup which in itself is a big crime. What did he achieve in office apart from war against undisciplined? Flogging and beating nigerians. at least one can point out the things that IBB did but Buhari, can't find any. we all know GEJ is bad but if Buhari is the only alternative, then Johnathan till 2019. Buhari doesn't have the moral justification to criticize Johnathan. Nigeria doesn't need an Islamic Extremist as president
shocked Is that what your daddy told you? Coz its obvious you weren't born then......if that's what your daddy told you, then your daddy must be a dullard or a liar! No offence intended.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Fantacy1(m): 5:22pm On Mar 07, 2013
Buhari ve ended up doing d rite tin @ d wrong time. All of dem ar corrupt even d damn British. Must all of dem rule as both Military and Democratic Heads?
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by F00028: 5:34pm On Mar 07, 2013
bubadaniel13: Shame on General Buhari,i don't see a british or American citizen saying a bad thing about his/her country abroad...
that means you dont get out much undecided
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by phildon: 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2013
The other time I searched for d likes of GMB in this country-it was in vain. Most of d guys condemning him are merely jealous as their kinsmen are no march to this intrepid General.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by dom(m): 5:36pm On Mar 07, 2013
He conveniently forgot to mention the massive underaged voting in the north . Abi that one no follow? And his injunctions to his illiterate followers that sparked the boko haram ascendancy et al after he lost. Make we hear word jor.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Onuokwu: 5:53pm On Mar 07, 2013
Intelligent discourse. Better it is written. I hardly understand what he says when i listen to him talk!
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Essential(m): 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2013
If u re a arm robber and ur father knows u re a criminal, is it right 4him to defend u and say u re a saint? If he does it will be obvious and clear that he is a criminal too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari Should Be Made Foreign Minister If He Refuses To Resign — Fayose / Don't Praise Me, Tinubu Issues Warning To APC Leaders Ahead Of March 9 / 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.