Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,718 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:48 PM

Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London (21940 Views)

President Obama Is ‘captivated’ By Buhari’s Speech At UN LEADERSHIP Summit. PICS / Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja / Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by OsunOriginal: 8:12am On Mar 07, 2013
phildon: Did u read d whole speech? If u did, u'll see d solutions he profered. Or it's just d usual bigotry?

What else can blind a man's eyes abd block his brain if not crude bigotry?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by OsunOriginal: 8:15am On Mar 07, 2013
GARRI (x7):

And I'm the one who is‎​ supposed to be less than 20....

angry

Man, dont allow that imbe. to waste your time along with his own.

Brainless people have ample time because they dont have a clue.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by OsunOriginal: 8:19am On Mar 07, 2013
Chrisbenogor: I am actually shocked at the level of detail he went into shocked shocked total absolute knowledge of the problem.

2015 we are waiting.

You took this out of my mouth... I am impressed and convinced again this man can bring happiness to this country as a leader.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by tempo1(m): 8:27am On Mar 07, 2013
GUYS,AM 4RM AKWA IBOM I WIL NT SAY WHAT HUHARI IS SAYING IS NT GOOD.THE MAN IS TELLING THD TRUTH,2007 AND 2011 WAS MY FIRST EXPIRENCE OF ELECTION IN NIGERIA.HOW CAN U ANOUNCE ONE MAN ONE VOTE BT AT DA TEL END U WIL SEE ONE MAN 20 VOTES.AGAIN I KNW THE LHND OF WEAPONS MY AKPABIO GVE GUYS DURING THAT ELECTION TIME SAME WITH D SO CALLED LUSIFA WHO IS OUR PRESIDENT.WHAT I KNW IS THAT BUHARI IS BETER THAN MANY OF OUR LEADERS ,BT HE SHLD NT GO FOR 2015.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by OsunOriginal: 8:27am On Mar 07, 2013
thelastPope:

What will he do? Was he not there before? Hiding behind Idiagbon for 20 months? Kicked out even without one shot fired? What will the coward do? This is democracy, not military rule so what will he do? Why didn't he dare IBB and let IBB expose him? Why did he refuse to appear before the Oputa panel so he wont be exposed? What exactly will he do? Can he account for PTF funds? Nonsense!

Imbe., when are you going to start treading the path of honour so that your children will at least learn to be honourable in life? It wont be good if you die and the only legacy you could pass on to your children is lying, deceipt, bigotry and the genetic brainlessness to worsen the matter.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Capnd143(m): 8:27am On Mar 07, 2013
Buhari is not short of an educated and honest Fool! Imagine the son of a gun! Is it only naija that has problems that he must go and wash our dirty linen in public? Imagine him saying as a soldier's and politicians view! Which mean it is nt the view of a common Nigerian citizen! F.u.ck that person called buhahagari
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by OsunOriginal: 8:32am On Mar 07, 2013
tempo1: GUYS,AM 4RM AKWA IBOM I WIL NT SAY WHAT HUHARI IS SAYING IS NT GOOD.THE MAN IS TELLING THD TRUTH,2007 AND 2011 WAS MY FIRST EXPIRENCE OF ELECTION IN NIGERIA.HOW CAN U ANOUNCE ONE MAN ONE VOTE BT AT DA TEL END U WIL SEE ONE MAN 20 VOTES.AGAIN I KNW THE LHND OF WEAPONS MY AKPABIO GVE GUYS DURING THAT ELECTION TIME SAME WITH D SO CALLED LUSIFA WHO IS OUR PRESIDENT.WHAT I KNW IS THAT BUHARI IS BETER THAN MANY OF OUR LEADERS ,BT HE SHLD NT GO FOR 2015.

Shut up man! Just came back from a PDP controlled state where deceipt, lying, etc are the order of the day. Is that not the state of the governor imposed by GEJ on other PDP govs as their chairman? The new campaign manager for GEJ. We are waiting for you all come to 2015 - you will see wennnn...
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by charliekay: 8:34am On Mar 07, 2013
I gues he forgot to tell dem hw his party cpc kills corpers during the election..
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by generalJumong1(m): 8:44am On Mar 07, 2013
I can see we are realing in trouble,because the youths that are expected to be in the front are the one pointing finger to buhari.well I afraid if we are realy not in trouble in this country
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by hayo21: 8:44am On Mar 07, 2013
i like how buhari released the speech bcoz if we don't share how problem wit other countrys or other,how i we going to find solution.GOOD ONE BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by dbilz(m): 8:46am On Mar 07, 2013
We ve got lots of problems in dz country. Bunch of fools still condemning a man 4 saying d truth. Well,I dnt blame u guyz. Coz u ve all been governed with lies,fed on lies,slept on lies,walked on lies,virtually everythn is all lies that u all still dnt even knw any value 4 truth anymore. I hope u all change and make d required sacrifice to prepare a safe home for our children and generations to come

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by PointB: 8:47am On Mar 07, 2013
Eziachi:

Why did you consider his address idiotic? Try and convince me.
Because Aung San Suu Kyi, the Burmese opposition leader made a similar speech recently in London and got an ovation. Like I kept telling you guys, just because you had been programmed by manipulative ethnic politicians with selfish agendas to dislike someone, it doesn't mean that you can't sometimes reason for yourself without been bias and call a spade a spade and on Sundays, with the same mindset, you will all troop into churches, calling on God.

Buhari's crime to some of you is simply he is a northerner contesting power with Jonathan a Southerner. Nothing else!
Making up all this lies against this guy just to achieve a goal bothers on conscience and I have one.

In 2003, it was the turn of Yorubas to say their bit against Buhari, because he stood between their beloved son OBJ and Aso Rock, never mind their current hypocrisy of now of making him some sort of a hero just for the convenience of putting APC in power with a possible Yoruba person on the ticket.
This is why Nigeria is totally messed up and why I am a die hard Biafran- the only option to solve this basket case of a union of people that love to hate each other and at the same time expects progress.

Buhari's did not accept any responsibility for any of failure of the Nigeria state he mentioned. He did not acknowledge any progress made since he and his band of lunatics brigands pounced upon a democratic leadership in 1985, and truncating same in the process. Buhari made no mention of effort made to improve transparency in electioneering since 2010. Buhari mentioned in his address that Nigeria economy is not diversified, but failed by a mile to mention current Agric Sector led attempt at diversification of the economy. One the greatest threat to the Nigerian state is Boko Haram, he neither condemn them nor proffer any solution it. His rant is as generic as any rant that can be reproduced in Nigeria newspaper since the dawn of the printing press. It doesn't inspire, nor ask new questions, nor provide new ideas. It is as boring as they come, it is moronic; it is doubly idiotic and very unbecoming of a stateman, least of all a member of Council of State. It is an address from the mind of a myopic and desperate politician.

If we have been programmed by manipulative ethnic politicians to hate on Mumu_nmadu Buhari, pray say, who is the manipulative entity that programmed you to love this bigot at every turn. If buhari crime is that he is a Northerner, tell me why Nigerians don't condemn other Northerners like Ribadu, in equal measure?

As for the yorubas, and their pretentious love for buhari, you are spot on, and every Nigeria knows it is due to a potential VP slot. I am sure the Yorubas know that other Nigerian's knows this. But we are satisfy to see them deceive themselves, while we answer them with a loud resounding voice at the poll, with a damning and final rejection of the bigoted Buhari at the polls.

I would like to see you promote Biafra more, and leave the rest of us to slug it out in the murky waters of Nigeria oil politics. And perhaps soon, when Biafra is achieved, we shall together share a toast, and dance with joy in the rising sun.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by kennydee05(m): 8:52am On Mar 07, 2013
bubadaniel13: Shame on General Buhari,i don't see a british or American citizen saying a bad thing about his/her country abroad,General Buhari keeps proving to us that he is not a good leader...
D̶̲̥̅̊ Britons and a typical Americans knows D̶̲̥̅̊ problems of a nation called Nigeria...
Let just hope by 2015 this bad tags about Nigeria will be removed...
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Jobig(m): 8:53am On Mar 07, 2013
this soldier is no a leader rather a dictator.politics is not democracy for Christ sake.mistake PDP made is to appoint ape soldier as democratic president,now every former military leader want to hold power again.dividing this country into its geo political zone is what fit here.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by honeric01(m): 8:57am On Mar 07, 2013
Jobig: this soldier is no a leader rather a dictator.politics is not democracy for Christ sake.mistake PDP made is to appoint ape soldier as democratic president,now every former military leader want to hold power again.dividing this country into its geo political zone is what fit here.

Sorry, but what are you trying to say?
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by kennydee05(m): 8:58am On Mar 07, 2013
charlie kay: I gues he forgot to tell dem hw his party cpc kills corpers during the election..
Can you swear by what you beleived in that it ΨåS̤̈̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ CPC supporters that killed ♈ōU̶̲̥̅̊я so called corpers in D̶̲̥̅̊ north. I ask you who now killed D̶̲̥̅̊ *LUU 4?
A situation where D̶̲̥̅̊ Government fail in discharging ȋ̝̊̅§ primary function (adequate Security) many things that occurs as regards that, D̶̲̥̅̊ faults will now be shifted on individual whereas you know whose fault it ȋ̝̊̅§.
Let just hope D̶̲̥̅̊ best for this country Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by BlueMurder(m): 9:01am On Mar 07, 2013
gboss4sure: Buhari should go and sleep. He went their to talk trash but didn't give just 1 solution to the problems he mentioned.

No US or UK citizen/politician will say something bad about his country even when things are bad.

Buhari killed his career when he ended civilian rule for military rule and he has not yet changed, he is just a wolf in sheeps clothing and a more bitter human being than before.

Shooting yourself in the foot as usual. Your blind hatred for the messenger prevented you from reading and comprehending the message. You are obviously an educated fellow: please use it to ventilate your mind and rid it of all shackles.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by bjadexy(m): 9:03am On Mar 07, 2013
This is serious

19. Until and unless serious budgetary attention is paid to agriculture, the vast majority of rural population will remain on subsistence basis and will eventually wither away by migration to the cities and increasing the stress on urban life. What is required is applying today’s technology, primarily improved seeds and seedlings, irrigation systems, use of weather forecasts, and above all, substantial subsidies and access to cheap credit. In Nigeria, the basic tools for agricultural take-off, the Six River Basin Authorities were wantonly scrapped in 1986 under the disastrous Structural Adjustment Programme. They are the best vehicle for our country’s agricultural revival and expansion.

INDUSTRIES

20. Next to agriculture, government and railways industries are the country’s biggest employers of labour. Industries are vital in absorbing urban workforce. Nigeria’s burgeoning industrial growth was brought to an abrupt halt by the Structural Adjustment Programme which massively devalued the naira under IMF harassment and bullying. Uninterrupted Nigeria’s capacity by now would have been able to produce basic machine tools, bicycles, motor cycles, car parts, parts for industrial machinery and the likes. But alas, the car industry is down; tyre manufacturing is down, both Michelin and Dunlop have closed; battery manufacturing and sugar industries are down; cable industries all but down: all in the wake of the Structural Adjustment Programme. The last 14 years have added to the misery due to red tape, high interest rates, power shortages and competition from developed economies under World Trade Organization (WTO) imperatives. Subsuming all these problems is the old and ever-present devil: corruption. Corruption has shot through all facets of government and economic life in our country. Until serious efforts are made to tackle corruption which is beyond the capacity of this government, economic growth and stability will elude us. On corruption, don’t just take my word for it. The Chairman of one of the bodies charged with the task of fighting corruption in Nigeria, Mr. Ekpo Nta of Independent Corrupt Practices and other related Offensive Commission (ICPC) was quoted by the Daily Trust newspaper of 14th February, 2013 as saying that there was no political will to fight corruption in Nigeria.
21. A second fundamental question asked by the organizers is: Can Nigeria as presently structured administratively and politically emerge an economically competitive nation? I believe it can. There is a lively debate going on in our country about the need to re-structure the country. What shape this reform is going to take is uncertain. Even the most vocal advocates of re-structuring the country, although long on rhetoric seem short and vague on details. We have tried regions and this was deemed lopsided and a trap to minorities. We tried twelve, nineteen and now thirty six (36) states and there is clamour for more. I firmly believe that state creation has now become dysfunctional, as disproportionate amounts of our meager resources go to over-heads at the expense of basic social services and infrastructural development. Moreover, I also believe that Nigeria’s problem is not so much the structure but the process. Nevertheless, I believe a careful and civil conversation should be held to look closely at the structure.

22. But how do we go about it? Go back to the Regions? I do not think this would be acceptable; except perhaps in the old Western Region. Try the present Six Geo-political Zones as federating units? I believe there will be so much unrest and strife in South-South and North-Central; this is not to say that there will be no pockets of resistance in the North West and North East as well – the consequence of all these will unsettle the country. Go back to General Gowon’s 12 state structure? Here too, entrenched personal or group interests will make collapsing and merging states impossible to operate in a democratic set-up. It is only when you come face to face with the problem you will appreciate the complications inherent in re-structuring Nigeria.

23. However, once a national consensus is reached, however defective, the environment will facilitate political and economic stability. At long last we can look forward to Nigeria finding its place among the BRIC nations and instead of BRIC, the media would be talking of BRINC nations: Brazil, Russia, India, Nigeria and China. I sincerely hope this happens in my lifetime.

24. The third question put to me by the organizers is: Can the present electoral body in Nigeria guarantee and deliver credible elections that will strengthen the nation’s democracy in 2015?

25. All the present indications are that INEC as it is presently constituted would be unable to deliver any meaningful elections in 2015. I have gone to some lengths earlier in my talk to describe INEC’s conduct in the last decade. The Electoral Body has developed a very cozy relationship with Executive and Judicial arms of government that its impartiality is totally lost. In the run-up to the last elections INEC requested (and received with indecent haste) in excess of 80 billion naira (about £340m.) a hefty sum by any standards, so that it could conduct the elections including organizing bio-metric voters data specifically for the 2011 elections.

26. But when opposition parties challenged the patently dishonest figures it announced and subpoenaed the bio-metric data in court, INEC refused to divulge them on the laughable excuse of “National Security”. INEC’s top echelon is immersed deep in corruption and only wholesale changes at the top could begin to cure its malaise. What is required is a group of independent minded people, patriotic, incorruptible but with the capacity to handle such a strenuous assignment of conducting elections in Nigeria. It is not difficult to find such people but whether the Government and the National Assembly have the inclination to do so I am not so sure. The only way I and many more experienced politicians than myself expect the 2015 elections to be remotely free and fair is for the opposition to be so strong that they can effectively prevent INEC from rigging. I would like, here, Mr. Chairman to repeat what I have said time and time again at home in Nigeria with regards to the election aftermath. Some commentators and public figures have wrongly pointed accusing fingers at me for inciting post-election violence. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have been a public servant all my adult life: a soldier, a federal minister, a state governor and the head of state. My duty is to Nigeria first and foremost. Post-election violence was triggered by the grossest injustice of election rigging and accompanying state high-handedness.

27. Lastly, Mr. Chairman, I will attempt to address the two very important questions you put to me namely: How can the poverty level in Nigeria be reduced? And How can the masses generally benefit from the nation’s vast wealth? As remarked earlier, there is no short cut to poverty eradication than to get people to work and earn money. Poverty means lack of income. If serious efforts are made to support agriculture through states and local government apparatus in the shape of inputs, i.e fertilizers and pesticides, extension services and provision of small-scale credits, agriculture will boom within 5 – 7 years. Farmers will generate more income to enable them to grow the food the country needs and to look after our environment. In addition, the drift to urban centres will be greatly reduced. Equal attention should be paid to the revival of employment-generating activities such as Railways, Industries, notably textiles and other land and forest resource based industries to absorb urban labour to tackle poverty, reduce urban stress and crime and at the same time boost the economy. However, these two major policy initiatives can only succeed if there is substantial improvement in power generation. As remarked earlier, adequate provision of power will help small scale business to thrive and link-up with the general economy. Power is the site of the legion, in other words, it is central to all economic activity.

28. May I, Mr. Chairman, conclude this presentation by referring to the distribution of income in Nigeria today? No better illustration of the huge income disparity can be quoted than the statement of Malam Adamu Fika, Chairman of the Committee set up by Government to review the Nigerian public service. In the course of presentation of his Report, the Chairman pointed out that 18,000 public officers consume in the form of salaries, allowances and other perquisites N1.126 trillion naira (£4billion) of public funds. The total Nigerian budget for 2013 is N4.9 trillion (£20 billion). This is the worst form of corruption and oppression. A wholesale look at public expenses vis-à-vis the real need of the country has become urgent.

29. Mr. Chairman, the Honourable Members, Distinguished Guests, I thank you for your patience and attention.

General Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, London, United KingdomTuesday, March 5th 2013.
[/quote]
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by kennydee05(m): 9:05am On Mar 07, 2013
President Jonathan ΨåS̤̈̊ also granted a similar opportunity/ or rather he provided himself an avenue to be interviewed by CNN. But guess what rather than accepting D̶̲̥̅̊ failure of his system of presidency he put D̶̲̥̅̊. Blame on D̶̲̥̅̊ society...
A leader that find ₪☺ reason in sharing from D̶̲̥̅̊ pain of D̶̲̥̅̊ citizens. A so called leader through his cowardness has put many citizens in danger.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by nkemKalu: 9:06am On Mar 07, 2013
King Solomon I:

We dont hate the truth....we know the truth....what's the way forward?
......THE TRUTH AND THE WAY FORWARD IS FOR UR PRESIDENTS WIFE TO HAVE GONE TO A GERMAN HOSPITAL FOR SURGICAL OPERATIONS (9)NINE TIMES ONLY TO TELL THE WHOLE WORLD ON RETURN THAT, SHE NEVER KNEW ANY HOSPITAL PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT. WEEKS LATER, SHE IS BUSY ORGANIZING THANKSGIVING AND TELLING WHO CARES TO LISTEN THAT SHE DIED AND WOKE UP AFTER SEVEN DAYS LIKE JESUS CHRIST. THE 2ND TRUTH AND WAY FORWARD IS ABATI AND LABARAN MAKU TELLING US OBY EZEKWESILI LIED ABOUT THE $67BILLION FOREIGN RESERVE, INSTEAD OF TAKING UP THE CHALLENGE OF A PUBLIC DEBATE. THE 3RD TRUTH AND WAY FORWARD IS FAILURE TO PROSECUTE OIL SUBSIDY THIEVES AND THE BRIBE GIVERS AND TAKERS......U NEED MORE? THE WAY FORWARD IS FOR UR PRESIDENT TO GO AND PAY $160,000 TO CNN FOR AN INTERVIEW WITH AMANPOUR ONLY TO LIE TO HER THAT NIGERIANS NOW HAVE LIGHT, THANK GOD THE LADY WAS CLEVER ENOUGH TO COME AND PROVE HIM WRONG AND REFERED TO THE NIGERIA THE CASE AS THAT OF SUPER BOWL OF AMERICA. .......THE EARLIER U START ACCEPTING THE TRUTH FROM EMINENT NIGERIANS, THE BETTER FOR THIS COUNTRY. BUHARI HAS SAID NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. FULL STOP AND U CANNOT FAULT THAT....MTCHEW...WITHOUT BRAIN.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Ilumire: 9:07am On Mar 07, 2013
Well Taken. The Speech is clear from onset since he started by saying He will neither white wash or paint a fading grass green and to me Its really a courage for a man to come out and tell the truth. To me Buhari may not be a Magician but He has the Solution to Nigeria's Problem and that is Sincerity, Truthfulness which have been attested by even Obasanjo above all He has the Ability to Fight Corruption. If those qualities are there then Nigeria Problem is 80% Solved. For those That are still cricising or are working hard to be another Reuben Abati or are PA to Abati and for those that are with warped brain who still believe in tribal sentiments or playing the tribal card and for those that are still strapped to the HEGELIAN DIALECT Theory more grease to your Elbow and I pray your eye open soon.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by ddeola: 9:09am On Mar 07, 2013
Hmmmmm...

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Orikinla(m): 9:10am On Mar 07, 2013
[size=28pt]ONLY FOOLS CRITICIZE A LEADER WHO IS HONEST ABOUT HIS COUNTRY.
BUHARI HAS A MORE PROFOUND KNOWLEDGE OF GOVERNANCE AND DEMOCRACY IN AFRICA THAN PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN. HIS ANALYSIS OF THE NIGERIAN CRISIS IS SO WELL COMPREHENDED. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Tonae: 9:16am On Mar 07, 2013
Buhari remains the best among the pretenders that can bring any meaningful change to Nigeria. He has proven himself before and he will do better this time around.

The situation in Nigeria is so bad that even the foreign countries know about the rot in our system than we citizens do so what else should Buhari have said in the conference than the obvious rot in all facets of our national life.

You shout and cry over the level of incompetence and mismanagement in the country but yet tend to shy away from saying same outside our shores. nothing can be more hypocritical.

We have such idiots at the helm of affairs in the country and something drastic must be done and soon to get rid of them if we must survive beyond 2015 as a country.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by muktarmtt(m): 9:16am On Mar 07, 2013
bubadaniel13: Shame on General Buhari,i don't see a british or American citizen saying a bad thing about his/her country abroad,General Buhari keeps proving to us that he is not a good leader...
Shut up ur pie hole mumu somebody have 2 tell world d true no matter enough is enough so shame on u not him,u r nfin but hypoocrite mtsw mumu od d first oder
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by eldoradoxx: 9:17am On Mar 07, 2013
Its been always my firm believe that our country only deserves the respect to the level her own citizens give to her whether home or abroad. But what do we have here? The most disillusioned criticis who in a bid to run down there government also run down their country and her people. The world does not respect us not because we are the most corrupt, under developed, violent and dsyfunctional country and people in the world, they disrepect us because we do give them the right words to use to talk down our country, we feed them with gud vocabularies to describe us as a failed nation, with failed people, rudderless, directionless, visionless, hopeless nation heading to status of a pariah nation. When men like Buhari goes to UK to run down our system in fron of the whole world what do u expect a man from Mali, Niger, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, etc to see of us? Are elections perfect even in America? A visiting american envoy said there is more official corruption in America, the only difference is that American justice system is so strong and faster than Nigeria that in a year it jails about 300 corrupt govt/ public servants. The crime in Nigeria a year is not up to what they record in USA a month. The only difference is capacity of the security system to get u at all times and media packaging. An American or British or indeed all people from civilised world including Ghana would never run down his country down anywhere. He may condemn the system and govt policies, but forbids attacking his country. Buhari is a man that says he is anointed to govern us, but his words at all times do not show that he possesses the maturity and intelligence to deal with issues. He made fine speech but at whose detriment? At the detriment of every nigerian who wud be considered a failure!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by ocelot2006(m): 9:20am On Mar 07, 2013
jas_o:

You are an advocate of failure to be re-sharpen or re-oriented for civilize life style.
Buhari may not be a saint, he probably may not be 100% Mahatma Gandhi in style, but have solution to Nigeria problem.
Those in Govt. ruining your life know that- the man is capable of chasing them out of the country as alternative to settlement in jail. The fear of Buhari becoming a president is best known to them than some fools within overwhelms poverty citizens. The laws of the land are meant for you not them. Bayelsa state governor passed into law a death penalty for kidnaper while treasury or public pulse looters go scot free. Which one is to face the brutal act of the law, the formal or latter? This is the question you should busy all day asking yourself before you begin to criticize Buhari. Idiot!

Solutions for Nigeria's woes from GMB? The very same man whose statements at the end of the previous presidential election (one of Nigeria's fairest) incited riots across the North that led to the murder of scores of innocent citizens of southern extract by damn almarijis, and the wanton destruction of properties? The very same man who also kept silent while all this went on for days?
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by BashMe1(m): 9:21am On Mar 07, 2013
.Garri (x7):
Buhari went to UK to open Our Yansh..

cheesy cheesy

Sharapt, Wat do u kno'. He said the total truth amongst every other thing.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by muktarmtt(m): 9:21am On Mar 07, 2013
dtemidare: Buhari we all know has penchant for criticizing everything Government does. his radical nature of doing things has ruined his political carrier. the man is indirectly seeking for support come 2015. however, The british made a fool of him inviting him to U.K, moreover the british know he will not win. sorry i forgot to tell you guys that buhari has several loot in the u.k. and the british is protecting him. details coming shortly.
Dude u dnt have lie 4 u 2 paint him black we all knw he's clean if OBJ nd GEJ cnt find anyting 2 used agains dis guy so funk ass lyk cnt so do ur self a favor nd shut d hell out.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by BashMe1(m): 9:22am On Mar 07, 2013
Orikinla: [size=28pt]ONLY FOOLS CRITICIZE A LEADER WHO IS HONEST ABOUT HIS COUNTRY.
BUHARI HAS A MORE PROFOUND KNOWLEDGE OF GOVERNANCE AND DEMOCRACY IN AFRICA THAN PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN. HIS ANALYSIS OF THE NIGERIAN CRISIS IS SO WELL COMPREHENDED. [/size]
javascript:void(0);

God Bless u and ur entire generation plus mine too.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by stineb1: 9:23am On Mar 07, 2013
jas_o:

You are an advocate of failure to be re-sharpen or re-oriented for civilize life style.
Buhari may not be a saint, he probably may not be 100% Mahatma Gandhi in style, but have solution to Nigeria problem.
Those in Govt. ruining your life know that- the man is capable of chasing them out of the country as alternative to settlement in jail. The fear of Buhari becoming a president is best known to them than some fools within overwhelms poverty citizens. The laws of the land are meant for you not them. Bayelsa state governor passed into law a death penalty for kidnaper while treasury or public pulse looters go scot free. Which one is to face the brutal act of the law, the formal or latter? This is the question you should busy all day asking yourself before you begin to criticize Buhari. Idiot!
I strongly disagree. With you.Why didn't Buhari fix Nigerias problem when he was Millitary Head of state? Buhari has nothing to offer us except revenge and witchhaunting.He and his generation can never rule katsina state anymore,talkless of Nigeria. Aboki

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by phildon: 9:27am On Mar 07, 2013
Pygru: https://www.nairaland.com/1217386/senator-enang-reveals-northerners-own
And what has this got to do with Buhari's speech?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun / Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed / Reno Omokri's Reply To Peter Obi's Post About Ukraine's Grain

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.