Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,718 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:47 PM

Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London (21940 Views)

President Obama Is ‘captivated’ By Buhari’s Speech At UN LEADERSHIP Summit. PICS / Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja / Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by stineb1: 9:34am On Mar 07, 2013
muktar mtt: Shut up ur pie hole mumu somebody have 2 tell world d true no matter enough is enough so shame on u not him,u r nfin but hypoocrite mtsw mumu od d first oder

Buhari Boko boy you are a bigger mumu. Sentimental hypocrite like you
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by karlmax2: 9:35am On Mar 07, 2013
stine b:
I strongly disagree. With you.Why didn't Buhari fix Nigerias problem when he was Millitary Head of state? Buhari has nothing to offer us except revenge and witchhaunting.He and his generation can never rule katsina state anymore,talkless of Nigeria. Aboki
it is because of this same buhari and his co coupist ibb and abacha that 80% of our common wealth is in the hands of the north.is it not a state that his party is in power that could not provide common water for a state run school. He should. Use the state as a model of how he is going to tranform nigeria.buhari should start by telling the CPC governor to cut down on his own aides and give him his idea on how to turn that state around we all knw how poorly governed the only state that his party governing. And we also know how many aides the said governor has

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Pataki: 9:39am On Mar 07, 2013
eldoradoxx: Its been always my firm believe that our country only deserves the respect to the level her own citizens give to her whether home or abroad. But what do we have here? The most disillusioned criticis who in a bid to run down there government also run down their country and her people. The world does not respect us not because we are the most corrupt, under developed, violent and dsyfunctional country and people in the world, they disrepect us because we do give them the right words to use to talk down our country, we feed them with gud vocabularies to describe us as a failed nation, with failed people, rudderless, directionless, visionless, hopeless nation heading to status of a pariah nation. When men like Buhari goes to UK to run down our system in fron of the whole world what do u expect a man from Mali, Niger, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, etc to see of us? Are elections perfect even in America? A visiting american envoy said there is more official corruption in America, the only difference is that American justice system is so strong and faster than Nigeria that in a year it jails about 300 corrupt govt/ public servants. The crime in Nigeria a year is not up to what they record in USA a month. The only difference is capacity of the security system to get u at all times and media packaging. An American or British or indeed all people from civilised world including Ghana would never run down his country down anywhere. He may condemn the system and govt policies, but forbids attacking his country. Buhari is a man that says he is anointed to govern us, but his words at all times do not show that he possesses the maturity and intelligence to deal with issues. He made fine speech but at whose detriment? At the detriment of every nigerian who wud be considered a failure!

1. Nigeria is already a failed state. He who is down needs no fear of falling down again.

2. Your PDP led government already considers you a failure. This is why they are not bothered to providing you good water, good roads, affordable and steady electricity, good and world standard hospital services, good security.

Recently, the wife of your president was away for weeks non-stop in Germany for health related issues. Recently, a commissioner of police for another state was murdered in his own hometown. Do you feel safe as a Nigerian living in Nigeria? Can you enjoy a single day without seeing people agonizing in poverty all around you?
Please get enlightened. Gone are the days of fanciful coloring to the problems that plague our nation. Starting from bad example of leaders. Even OBJ acknowledged this as a fact.

You are a failure if you do not acknowledge that Buhari stated the truth, just as it is.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by honeric01(m): 9:40am On Mar 07, 2013
stine b:
I strongly disagree. With you.Why didn't Buhari fix Nigerias problem when he was Millitary Head of state? Buhari has nothing to offer us except revenge and witchhaunting.He and his generation can never rule katsina state anymore,talkless of Nigeria. Aboki

Because criminals you admire/worship didn't allow him, with the help of the west, IBB overthrew his government. your hatred for the man is really getting on you, you're aging faster than your age, you need to stop the hate before the hate stops you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Goodgoody1: 9:40am On Mar 07, 2013
hercules07:

Debunk his assertions, he is clearly stating the truth here.
Which truth, when he was head of state what did he do to diversify the economy, did he not also award oil blogs to his kingsmen in the North that today own over 80% of the Nigerian oil blogs.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by phildon: 9:41am On Mar 07, 2013
thelastPope:

You are a very confirmed big fooool and idiota who must be so far up Buhari's behind, you have become blind!

So if Buhari did all these long list you listed, why did we have nothing on the ground when OBJ took over in 1999? You think I am a kid like you? Was there an agric revolution when OBJ took over? Where there railways working? Which schools did he supply with materials? Why did almajiris still litter the streets and were not part of the so called education revolution ?

You are a confirmed idiota! A major major sychophant. Spreading diabolic lies and propaganda around!!! You just go an copy one stupi1d write up wriiten by a fellow sychophant and come and paste it here? Fooolish!
I originally suspected that u were a slowpoke. But I'm afraid u just comfirmed that u are a slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by bjdon: 9:44am On Mar 07, 2013
Buhari was part of the coup that truncated the second republic. I am old enough to remember the 2nd republic for those young ones here let me tell what life was like in the 'bad' second republic that Buhari and his army brothers overthrew.

A return ticket to the UK cost less than N1000

A brand new 504 SR cost N8000.

A bottle of coke cost 30K

Our universities were among the best in Africa and there were no private ones.

Petrol cost less than 50 K per litre

I could go on but I think you get the point. Before Buhari takes up the moral high ground and tries to cast himself as God and everybody else as a sinner he should say SORRY to Nigerians for his act of Treason on Jan 1st 1984. We are all still paying the price for that til this day.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Od31(m): 9:48am On Mar 07, 2013
bubadaniel13: Shame on General Buhari,i don't see a british or American citizen saying a bad thing about his/her country abroad,General Buhari keeps proving to us that he is not a good leader...

I dont think you know what you are saying! What are the bad things do you what an American citizen to say about American. American is the Most developed country in the whole, the most powerful, the riches country in the world, what do u bad thing do you what them to say. Na wah for Nigerians! Nigeria needs to be fixed, that is the bottom line. With all the wealth, we are not suppose to be in the poor state as the situation is now.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by slimfit1(m): 9:57am On Mar 07, 2013
ak47mann: BUHARI LACK THE INTELLECTUALISM CAPACITY TO DEBATE WITH SENIOR MPs IN PARLIAMENT,MAYBE IS THE REASON IT DIDN'T COME OUT EVEN IN LOCAL PAPER IN LONDON

And your point is ?
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Orikinla(m): 10:02am On Mar 07, 2013
bjdon: Buhari was part of the coup that truncated the second republic. I am old enough to remember the 2nd republic for those young ones here let me tell what life was like in the 'bad' second republic that Buhari and his army brothers overthrew.

I could go on but I think you get the point. Before Buhari takes up the moral high ground and tries to cast himself as God and everybody else as a sinner he should say SORRY to Nigerians for his act of Treason on Jan 1st 1984. We are all still paying the price for that til this day.

[size=18pt]Return ticket to UK was less than N600.
New Benz car 180 was N8, 000.
I was earning N400 monthly then at 20.
But we were squandering our riches and "Nigeria: A Squandering of Riches" became a documentary was produced by the BBC and NTA and narrated by Onyeka Onwenu.
The coup was more of a revolution against corruption.
It was a bloodless coup.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by hercules07: 10:03am On Mar 07, 2013
Goodgoody1: Which truth, when he was head of state what did he do to diversify the economy, did he not also award oil blogs to his kingsmen in the North that today own over 80% of the Nigerian oil blogs.

Please list those he awarded the contracts to with proof, I am sure you were still swimming around in your popsie balls when he led the country.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by muyiwah666(m): 10:10am On Mar 07, 2013
lol..it is funny the way some Nairalanders are taking this lecture.....i mean, u agree with the man(Buhari)that he delivered a lecture stating everything that is wrong with Nigeria yet you angry that he delivered the TRUTH outside Nigeria ?....to me TRUTH IS TRUTH EITHER YOU SAY IT AT HOME OR ABROAD !some comments here are really sad ..it shows why Nigeria is this bad....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by muyiwah666(m): 10:22am On Mar 07, 2013
Orikinla:

But we were squandering our riches and "Nigeria: A Squandering of Riches" became a documentary was produced by the BBC and NTA and narrated by Onyeka Onwenu.

That coup was the only true attempt redemption in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by dad007(m): 10:31am On Mar 07, 2013
jas_o:

The book you read doesn’t guarantee your literate, logical reasoning and a clue about Nigeria problems with solution.
Go and check your record concerning sectors to which Buhari had opportunity to spearhead.
He was a president of this dilapidated nation. He knows what went wrong.
He once head PTDF and his profound performance is there to verify.
You see! Until you recognize that the problem bedevils us as a country is corruption, hence a death penalty to curb.
A situation where corruptions is endorsed and legalize negates dividends of democracy and right of people to basic infrastructure which is primary objective of responsible govt.
If Buhari is jinxing the world, promulgating that Nigeria is in the hand of devils and you whom directly face the heat could not figures out why and secret behind Buhari's action, you ought to be living in the forest where you belong.WELL SAID MY BROTHER!
This man has everything at his disposal to become rich. Do you know as PTDF chairman, with the uncheck level of corruption, he can approved oil block to himself and friends? He chooses not to because gr8 Nigeria is superior in his mind.
Is only Buhari can point accusing finger, not OBJ, IBB or any ex-president including the serving one in Nigeria. Youth are denied job and even when you are eventually lucky to be call for interview, you can’t defend your qualification.
Tell me; who will employ unproductive graduate into his firm? Majority of these companies owns by those who subject you to available choice of yours. Think about it.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by intrepid: 10:39am On Mar 07, 2013
bubadaniel13: Shame on General Buhari,i don't see a british or American citizen saying a bad thing about his/her country abroad,General Buhari keeps proving to us that he is not a good leader...
I dont think he did anything bad because one of the problems we have in 9ja is keeping quiet or covering of evil.I believe he is one of few nigerians that has a good grasp of d problem, and also knows the solution...He says wat others are afraid to say.Simple

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by kingingkinging: 10:40am On Mar 07, 2013
28. May I, Mr. Chairman, conclude this presentation by referring to the distribution of income in Nigeria today? No better illustration of the huge income disparity can be quoted than the statement of Malam Adamu Fika, Chairman of the Committee set up by Government to review the Nigerian public service. In the course of presentation of his Report, the Chairman pointed out that 18,000 public officers consume in the form of salaries, allowances and other perquisites N1.126 trillion naira (£4billion) of public funds. The total Nigerian budget for 2013 is N4.9 trillion (£20 billion). This is the worst form of corruption and oppression. A wholesale look at public expenses vis-à-vis the real need of the country has become urgent.

I weep for Nigeria. We are going no where if we continue like this.

It is only a fool that does same thing in same way and expects a different result.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by bjdon: 10:49am On Mar 07, 2013
Orikinla:

Weather the coup was bloodless or not is besides the point. The fact of the matter is that the it fails the simple Regan/Clinton test which is 'Are you better of today than you were then?' That is all it's about. It was via that coup that such wonderful characters as Tanko Ayuba, Sani Abacha, David Mark and of course the godfather himself Babangida gained significant positions in the nations affairs. How can anybody say that was an attempt to repair the nation? I beg open your eyes people. The truth of the matter is that the the overthrow of the second republic was THE WORSE THING to have happened in the last 30 years. We have not come close to regaining the living standards that we had then. Buhari was part and parcel of that, whatever his intentions, he must take part of the blame. Did he not know the character of his chief of Army staff Babangida?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by bjdon: 10:51am On Mar 07, 2013
muyiwah666:
That coup was the only true attempt redemption in Nigeria

Wow and it worked a treat right? Please. The coup was simply carried out by power hungry people who felt 'It was their turn'
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Pataki: 10:51am On Mar 07, 2013
I eagerly expect the Executive arm of government to unleash their idiotic attack dogs in the persons of Oku-igbe and Abati to address the points raised by the respectable person of Buhari.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by dad007(m): 10:53am On Mar 07, 2013
kinethic: If you check all the ages of the people ranting against this man they might not be more than 25 years old..no experience,blind to see,thinking that Nigerian situation would be wished away.We need constructive action and this man possesses that.
Bla bla bla bla bla bla our problem still dey there..Nigerians we are stupid morons..
IDIOTs.....idiots ...idiots..
Gbam!
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by eldoradoxx: 10:53am On Mar 07, 2013
Pataki:

1. Nigeria is already a failed state. He who is down needs no fear of falling down again.

2. Your PDP led government already considers you a failure. This is why they are not bothered to providing you good water, good roads, affordable and steady electricity, good and world standard hospital services, good security.

Recently, the wife of your president was away for weeks non-stop in Germany for health related issues. Recently, a commissioner of police for another state was murdered in his own hometown. Do you feel safe as a Nigerian living in Nigeria? Can you enjoy a single day without seeing people agonizing in poverty all around you?
Please get enlightened. Gone are the days of fanciful coloring to the problems that plague our nation. Starting from bad example of leaders. Even OBJ acknowledged this as a fact.

You are a failure if you do not acknowledge that Buhari stated the truth, just as it is.
The issue is that u people only see failure of leadership from PDP perspective only. The entire South West is now in opposition hand, have they performed wonders? Has poverty been completely eradicated? Do they ve the best schools now, best hospitals, best road networks, best Local Council elections that are not rigged? Has corruption been eradicated from these states? What difference exists between opposition governed states and PDP governed states in Nigeria? Wake up, our problem is not party, our problem is us, the Nigerian style of everything. CpC government in Nasarawa is as much failure as past pdp govts. So what is ur point?
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by phildon: 10:54am On Mar 07, 2013
charlie kay: I gues he forgot to tell dem hw his party cpc kills corpers during the election..
And u forgot to tell us how ur Ebele implemented d recommendations of d Cttee set up on d post election violence.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by dad007(m): 11:09am On Mar 07, 2013
tempo1: GUYS,AM 4RM AKWA IBOM I WIL NT SAY WHAT HUHARI IS SAYING IS NT GOOD.THE MAN IS TELLING THD TRUTH,2007 AND 2011 WAS MY FIRST EXPIRENCE OF ELECTION IN NIGERIA.HOW CAN U ANOUNCE ONE MAN ONE VOTE BT AT DA TEL END U WIL SEE ONE MAN 20 VOTES.AGAIN I KNW THE LHND OF WEAPONS MY AKPABIO GVE GUYS DURING THAT ELECTION TIME SAME WITH D SO CALLED LUSIFA WHO IS OUR PRESIDENT.WHAT I KNW IS THAT BUHARI IS BETER THAN MANY OF OUR LEADERS ,BT HE SHLD NT GO FOR 2015.
Although,you are a young man but your post is quit mature.And I know you will grow older and better in wisdom.God bless U

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Pataki: 11:10am On Mar 07, 2013
eldoradoxx: The issue is that u people only see failure of leadership from PDP perspective only. The entire South West is now in opposition hand, have they performed wonders? Has poverty been completely eradicated? Do they ve the best schools now, best hospitals, best road networks, best Local Council elections that are not rigged? Has corruption been eradicated from these states? What difference exists between opposition governed states and PDP governed states in Nigeria? Wake up, our problem is not party, our problem is us, the Nigerian style of everything. CpC government in Nasarawa is as much failure as past pdp govts. So what is ur point?

I don't live in Nigeria. I am from the South-West. The last experience I had from the South West was under the PDP administration. I am currently and independently reviewing the works which some of the State governments are doing under the new ACN administration. I just finished documenting that of Lagos State and I can say, I am impressed. Ogun State is undergoing massive urban renewal. Demolition of obsolete structures, expansion of roads, etc. I was truly glad that now you cannot just park your car anyhow in some part of the State without getting a parking ticket on your car. This has created employment for some.

I am heading to Ekiti next to review what they are doing there. But the honest truth is that, without a credible and intelligent corrupt free leader at the center, it would seem that any effort being undertaken at state or local level is a sheer waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by lanrefront1(m): 11:14am On Mar 07, 2013
eldoradoxx: The issue is that u people only see failure of leadership from PDP perspective only. The entire South West is now in opposition hand, have they performed wonders? Has poverty been completely eradicated? Do they ve the best schools now, best hospitals, best road networks, best Local Council elections that are not rigged? Has corruption been eradicated from these states? What difference exists between opposition governed states and PDP governed states in Nigeria? Wake up, our problem is not party, our problem is us, the Nigerian style of everything. CpC government in Nasarawa is as much failure as past pdp govts. So what is ur point?

Are trying to say PDP, the party has ruled Nigeria since 1999, making it now 14 years, is not a failure?

If there was doubt before that you are PDP goon, there should be no doubt anymore.

How else do you classify failure if PDP is not a failure? PDP has been promising Nigerians efficient power supply since 1999 and here we are in 2013, the situation is even worse off.

That is just one example. That are hundreds.

And anyone that can open his mouth and say PDP is not a problem to Nigeria is first class upper SYCOPHANT.

And sycophants are usually well renumerated for their sycophancy because it does not come naturally....

.....that is because, sycophants act against everything they know to be true, even their own conscience.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by thelastPope(m): 11:23am On Mar 07, 2013
He forgot to tell them that the lousy governor of the only state his party controls could not provide common borehole for the state university.

He forgot to tell them how he was part of the big oil scam by overthrowing a democratically elected civilian government.

He is a very BIG FOOOL!!!
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by lanrefront1(m): 11:25am On Mar 07, 2013
bjdon: Buhari was part of the coup that truncated the second republic. I am old enough to remember the 2nd republic for those young ones here let me tell what life was like in the 'bad' second republic that Buhari and his army brothers overthrew.

F*OOL.

Was is not IBB that came after and scatter the whole thing with the Introduction of SAP to the benefit of the west. Even the Shagari Administration would have adopted the disastrous SAP if Buhari government had not taken over. But alas, IBB came and continued where Shagari stopped.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by honeric01(m): 11:26am On Mar 07, 2013
Goodgoody1: Which truth, when he was head of state what did he do to diversify the economy, did he not also award oil blogs to his kingsmen in the North that today own over 80% of the Nigerian oil blogs.

And how does this make all that he said lies? debunk what he said, he didn't blame one particular region for the bad condition we have in the country so what is your point?
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by honeric01(m): 11:29am On Mar 07, 2013
thelastPope: He forgot to tell them that the lousy governor of the only state his party controls could not provide common borehole for the state university.

He forgot to tell them how he was part of the big oil scam by overthrowing a democratically elected civilian government.

The governor is suppose to provide the borehole? remind me again, what is the job of the school administrators?
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by galadee(m): 11:30am On Mar 07, 2013
Can someone in the house pls prove Buhari wrong?
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Demdem(m): 11:30am On Mar 07, 2013
thelastPope: He forgot to tell them that the lousy governor of the only state his party controls could not provide common borehole for the state university.

I think u are the bigger fool for not believing SR that retardeeness went to Germany to be operated upon. Instead u chose to believe the world renowned liar Abati.
Shame on u all.

We need the the general to become president.
Re: Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London by Demdem(m): 11:31am On Mar 07, 2013
galadee: Can someone in the house pls prove Buhari wrong?

The general spoke the truth. That's what he is noted for. It's near imposibility to disprove such.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun / Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed / Reno Omokri's Reply To Peter Obi's Post About Ukraine's Grain

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.