Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,773 members, 7,938,338 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:31 PM

Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 - Sports (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 (84902 Views)

Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia (2 - 1): Int'l Friendly On Saturday, January 4, 2014 / Jordan Vs Nigeria - (1 - 0) International Friendly On 28th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 4:03am On Jun 01, 2013
Diasporan:
Which Uche are you talking about,the one that was a flop in AFCON and does not play regularly for his club?That guy na past glory
So, because he didn't not perform in the nations cup, he's a flop. Is it not the same guy that you guys were praising to high heavens as the best Nigerian player of the moment. You Nigerians forget soo easily. Tomorrow, you will also say Moses and Mba are past glory.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by portage(m): 4:03am On Jun 01, 2013
These boys tried their best. We should all give it to them.
However, a draw is not just good enough for Nigeria’s image as far as football/soccer is concerned. To be honest, 11 against 10 is enough for any team to win! It seems that tactically, Nigeria is deficient. It has always been a difficult feat for Nigeria to maintain a psychological edge in football. We still need that “psychological” balance against whoever our opponent is in football. Football is not all about physical power. Mental balance is still part of football. Go ask refined coaches……it is just difficult to process a 10 man Mexican team against a full 11 man Nigerian team. Perhaps, Stephen Keshi is not the man to lead Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Diasporan(m): 4:04am On Jun 01, 2013
toluxa1:

Who him be
You nor watch the match ni?
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:04am On Jun 01, 2013
ogugua88:

Our winning the title is a fluke because of a bad second half in a friendly? C'mon.

not only that. we are playing with essentially a B-team. a lot of key players are missing
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by judano: 4:04am On Jun 01, 2013
Not a bad match. But we played badly in the second half. You can hook up to AIT by 3PM to watch a replay
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by soderican(m): 4:05am On Jun 01, 2013
Well...
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:05am On Jun 01, 2013
The commentators at the AIT studio analysing rubbish and talking off points. Leave that studio for young sports analysts. Pls go take your rest. All of una na the same with Super Eagles.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by tinnymerit(m): 4:05am On Jun 01, 2013
Hope the senior eagles will not be trooping into the country next week to come and do jazz against these boys,most especially taiye taiwo(tiger)?.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Diasporan(m): 4:05am On Jun 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, because he didn't not perform in the nations cup, he's a flop. Is it not the same guy that you guys were praising to high heavens as the best Nigerian player of the moment. You Nigerians forget soo easily. Tomorrow, you will also say Moses and Mba are past glory.
Go check the word Flop bro.Am not saying he hasn't done well for Nigeria but he was a FLOP in AFCON.Okay Aghahowa once did well for Nigeria they should go invite him
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:05am On Jun 01, 2013
SuyaEater: We need mikel and moses for the kenya match....its a must win game for naija

If the Onazi can guy replicate his form and playing style for Lazio, in the naija jersey - I honestly don't think we need Mikel. The guy can really play football, trust me. And he scores great goals as well.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 4:07am On Jun 01, 2013
Deiok: kai. Dis boyz fall my hands . Anyway make i sleep.
we didnt lose bro
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by j4jj: 4:07am On Jun 01, 2013
They played a little above avrg. I suppose they don't want to incur more injuries to enable them face d task ahead!We really missed d experience of Mikel @ d midfield!
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by UyiIredia(m): 4:07am On Jun 01, 2013
portage: These boys tried their best. We should all give it to them.
However, a draw is not just good enough for Nigeria’s image as far as football/soccer is concerned. To be honest, 11 against 10 is enough for any team to win! It seems that tactically, Nigeria is deficient. It has always been a difficult feat for Nigeria to maintain a psychological edge in football. We still need that “psychological” balance against whoever our opponent is in football. Football is not all about physical power. Mental balance is still part of football. Go ask refined coaches……it is just difficult to process a 10 man Mexican team against a full 11 man Nigerian team. Perhaps, Stephen Keshi is not the man to lead Nigeria!

10 men teams have beaten or stalemated 11-men teams before. The precedent isn't new. I doubt you'll have been saying what you just said about Keshi right after the AFCON win.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:07am On Jun 01, 2013
bboiabb: not only that. we are playing with essentially a B-team. a lot of key players are missing

Seriously.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by shizzle11(m): 4:08am On Jun 01, 2013
abeg make I go sleep joor!

Ogugua hw can u say we are underdogs against Mexico. Well I'll rate both teams in thesame league. And who's taliking about key player? Those that played r they door player? Keshi simply has more work to do. The subs rather than improve performance were rather sloppy and lethargic. Well let's hope we can come up with something spectacular and encouraging against Kenya on d 5th
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by FBS: 4:08am On Jun 01, 2013
A match them boys should have won but bottled it in the second half. Shameful display.

Anyways, going back to bed. Later folks cheesy

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by toluxa1(m): 4:09am On Jun 01, 2013
Diasporan:
You nor watch the match ni?

Started watching 20mins to the end jare
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Osocan(m): 4:10am On Jun 01, 2013
Full Time : Nigeria 2-2 Mexico
Super Eagles Fail To Keep Their
Lead As Chicarito Scores Twice
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by UyiIredia(m): 4:10am On Jun 01, 2013
galek: The commentators at the AIT studio analysing rubbish and talking off points. Leave that studio for young sports analysts. Pls go take your rest. All of una na the same with Super Eagles.
Like ! One mumu talk say we need Odemwengie. Do humans eat their vomit ?
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 4:10am On Jun 01, 2013
Diasporan:
Go check the word Flop bro.Am not saying he hasn't done well for Nigeria but he was a FLOP in AFCON.Okay Aghahowa once did well for Nigeria they should go invite him
Just a few months not years ago, Uche was doing Nigeria proud. That he wasn't in form in the nations cup doesn't stop him from being one of our best at the moment.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:10am On Jun 01, 2013
Me wey dey yab Ogu before, I eat my words o, those 2nd half subsitutions minus Enyeama killed the match for Nigeria. Those homeboys, Eze, Nwachukwu and those fake professionals Babatunde and Ujah have no business being on the substitute bench at all!!!!!
Plus I don't know why Keshi always invites this guy Reuben Gabriel when e be like say the guy get injury.Men for this confederation cup, hope Mikel, Moses and Ahmed Musa will be around. Then I think Keshi should give Igiebor another chance.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by tinnymerit(m): 4:10am On Jun 01, 2013
portage: These boys tried their best. We should all give it to them.
Do you remember this team defeated brazil,italy and the likes in confederation cup?.So if brazil cant who is Team B of eagles?.Give it to the boys jare they tried their best.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 4:10am On Jun 01, 2013
keyan i sorry for you
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by solomon111(m): 4:10am On Jun 01, 2013
supaeagles:
Mexico/ Mexicans do not even complain of "losing Texas to the yanks" but you de complain - quite strange indeed.
who told you mexico didn't complain?
Unfortunately,they can't do more than to complain,as they don't want b-2 spirits,patriot missiles,hornets,tomcats, and F-35s to destroy their homeland.
Hail America,the ultimate bully.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by emmanuel4758(m): 4:10am On Jun 01, 2013
judano: He strayed offside, the Nigerian defence stepped back to put him on. Disorganised defence
Bleep dat ref
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:10am On Jun 01, 2013
ortopazz: african champz under dogs, come on ogagua, we shud beat this guys convincingly

I.Joan:
Not before the match was played!!!!!!

I don't know if either of you have watched Mexico play before today. They are far more organized than Nigeria, and they can certainly last 90 minutes in a match... even with 10 men as we saw today. If Mexico came at us with the strength they displayed in the second half with 11 men, I may be crying myself to sleep saying "every dog has its day".

Nigeria is good and we're all glad they won AFCON I'm the happiest o. The team that won was not organized from the very beginning. We all knew Keshi had work to do even after winning that tournament. Today's narrow draw only fortifies what most of us already knew.

I can't wait for our team to be an organized squad. Organization will make us a bigger African threat than we currently are.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by bumdish: 4:11am On Jun 01, 2013
Really don't understand what the disappointment is all about. Keshi obviously used his best available players in the first half and only used the second half to test few other players. The performance I see today gives me even more reasons to believe in Keshi and the future of the Super Eagles.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by obibanks: 4:11am On Jun 01, 2013
If dem want make dem go mess up Fø̲̣̣я̅ qualifiers and confederations cup. For U̶̲̥̅̊ fans, if na nite vigil, una no go attend. I D̶̲̥̅̊on̶̲̥̅̊ sleep

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 4:12am On Jun 01, 2013
Osocan: Full Time : Nigeria 2-2 Mexico
Super Eagles Fail To Keep Their
Lead As Chicarito Scores Twice
we know
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Reference(m): 4:12am On Jun 01, 2013
Fantastic result. Didn't quite expect it. I think our Nations Cup win has elevated our expectations. Rightly so but the truth is that we are traditionally slow builders. Remember the group stages of the Nat. Cup. And moreover Mexico is a footballing country.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by shizzle11(m): 4:13am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:

If the Onazi can guy replicate his form and playing style for Lazio, in the naija jersey - I honestly don't think we need Mikel. The guy can really play football, trust me. And he scores great goals as well.

Onazi has a striking understanding with Mikel who makes his job easier. They play together cos they don't play same role. He'll play better with Mikel by his side. We still need Mike
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:13am On Jun 01, 2013
solomon111: who told you mexico didn't complain?
Unfortunately,they can't do more than to complain,as they don't want b-2 spirits,patriot missiles,hornets,tomcats, and F-35s to destroy their homeland.
Hail America,the ultimate bully.

Damn son!! No one wants the wrath of those toys!!!

But the Russians have got better toys.

perhaps, Mexico needs to do a bay of pigs and align with Messr Putin, no?

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (40) (Reply)

Josie Harris: Floyd Mayweather's Babymama Found Dead In Her Car / Nigerians React To Ighalo's Missed Chances During Nigeria Vs Argentina Game / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.