Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,137 members, 7,903,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 06:58 PM

Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 - Sports (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 (84760 Views)

Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia (2 - 1): Int'l Friendly On Saturday, January 4, 2014 / Jordan Vs Nigeria - (1 - 0) International Friendly On 28th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Diasporan(m): 4:14am On Jun 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Just a few months not years ago, Uche was doing Nigeria proud. That he wasn't in form in the nations cup doesn't stop him from being one of our best at the moment.
Best at the moment? undecided undecidedBro try dey use English well na

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:14am On Jun 01, 2013
ogugua88:

I don't know if either of you have watched Mexico play before today. They are far more organized than Nigeria, and they can certainly last 90 minutes in a match... even with 10 men as we saw today. Nigeria is good and we're all glad they won AFCON I'm the happiest o. The team that won was not organized from the very beginning. We all knew Keshi had work to do even after winning that tournament. Today's narrow draw only fortifies what most of us already knew.

Before the match was played, EVERYONE expected this to be a clean walk-over for Nigeria!!!

Any football team that can't last 90 minutes on a football pitch is a TERRRRRRRIBBBLE team...

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by solomon111(m): 4:14am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:

If the Onazi can guy replicate his form and playing style for Lazio, in the naija jersey - I honestly don't think we need Mikel. The guy can really play football, trust me. And he scores great goals as well.
I don't like onazi at all.
The guy is too impulsive and makes too many fouls.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 4:14am On Jun 01, 2013
bumdish: Really don't understand what the disappointment is all about. Keshi obviously used his best available players in the first half and only used the second half to test few other players. The performance I see today gives me even more reasons to believe in Keshi and the future of the Super Eagles.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by UyiIredia(m): 4:14am On Jun 01, 2013
shizzle11: Well let's hope we can come up with something spectacular and encouraging against Kenya on d 5th

Don't expect that.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by collynzo2(m): 4:14am On Jun 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, because he didn't not perform in the nations cup, he's a flop. Is it not the same guy that you guys were praising to high heavens as the best Nigerian player of the moment. You Nigerians forget soo easily. Tomorrow, you will also say Moses and Mba are past glory.
Past glory is past glory, ask Barca fana about Ronaldinho
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:14am On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:
Before the match was played, EVERYONE expected this to be a clean walk-over for Nigeria!!!

Who is everyone?

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by collynzo2(m): 4:16am On Jun 01, 2013
galek: The commentators at the AIT studio analysing rubbish and talking off points. Leave that studio for young sports analysts. Pls go take your rest. All of una na the same with Super Eagles.
I switched off my TV immediately that guy mentioned bringing back Odemwingie,,,,,,,,,,a so called football analyst. SMH
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by solomon111(m): 4:16am On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

Wrong.
Mexico have more pedigree.
So whoever thought the game was a walk-over,clearly dosen't know mexico.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by toluxa1(m): 4:17am On Jun 01, 2013
ogugua88:

Who is everyone?

Surely not me
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by portage(m): 4:17am On Jun 01, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

10 men teams have beaten or stalemated 11-men teams before. The precedent isn't new. I doubt you'll have been saying what you just said about Keshi right after the AFCON win.

Tinnymerit and Uyiiredia……..i respect your views, however, I was on stating a simple fact from the game we all just watched! Why was it difficult for a 10 man team to outplay 11 man team?? The 11 man team already has an edge. Therefore, it is expected that they maintain that slim edge…. In our case, it is difficult. Simple.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 4:17am On Jun 01, 2013
collynzo2: Past glory is past glory, ask Barca fana about Ronaldinho
Past glory in a few months?
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by UyiIredia(m): 4:17am On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

Any football team that can't last 90 minutes on a football pitch is a TERRRRRRRIBBBLE team...

Abeg minus me from that list. The Nigerian team clearly lasted 90 minutes.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by jossy501: 4:17am On Jun 01, 2013
We are just playing as if we are just practicing football for the first time i am highly disappointed at this team and come to think of it they are even playing one man down can u imagine that ! still we are on able to hold on to the ball. there leg was so heavy. i hope this not the team that is going to represent us in the upcoming confederation cup in Brazil if it is i can assure you all that we are not going beyond first round.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by tbaba1234: 4:18am On Jun 01, 2013
Good game

The new players struggled, enyeama did not inspire confidence. The defence was caught sleeping on the goal, again no awareness.. We need yobo back.

Generally, good game, acheived its purpose. Tested a few new players, only ogu made the cut today.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:18am On Jun 01, 2013
shizzle11:

Onazi has a striking understanding with Mikel who makes his job easier. They play together cos they don't play same role. He'll play better with Mikel by his side. We still need Mike

I've seen Mikel play twice, and I seriously don't think he's a good fit for any mobile team with young talents. Yeah, he's a great player, but he's too damn slow, to be honest.

Also, I don't think he's the type of player any team would miss. Yeah, it's always good to have him around, but anyone can play his role effectively. Chelsea played Luiz in Mikel's position, and he blended in well.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:18am On Jun 01, 2013
na so rival in football dey start, Nigeria and mexico are now bitter rivals. Just dey watch... Make i go sleep.. Nigeria 2-2 Mexico FULL TIME, International night vigil friendly
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by shizzle11(m): 4:19am On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

laughable but true. At a point in time it was aNnoying watching, cos it looked like Mexico were playing 11 against 9...lol
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:20am On Jun 01, 2013
solomon111: I don't like onazi at all.
The guy is too impulsive and makes too many fouls.

Bruv, he's a first team player for Lazio and he plays for them week in, week out.

The guy is good, trust me.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by obibanks: 4:20am On Jun 01, 2013
Those sayin dat naija tried, its lik U̶̲̥̅̊ dnt knw mexico was playin I man down since 28mins and naija was winnin b4 half time. Allowin A̶̲̥̅ team one man down †φ equalise and start playin/pressing more Ȋ̝̊̅§ nt good atall. Make keshi go set beta plans cos I no go miss sleep com D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ watch messed up game
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by solomon111(m): 4:20am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:

Damn son!! No one wants the wrath of those toys!!!

But the Russians have got better toys.

perhaps, Mexico needs to do a bay of pigs and align with Messr Putin, no?
I agree.
They need to align with moscow as soon as possible.
I am surprised they haven't yet.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:21am On Jun 01, 2013
Do some people realize mexico were practically playing at their backyard ni? and that Mexico is ranked 16th in the world?

Its a team in progress, there is room for improvement but slowly we can see that Keshi is building a team, their play was not perfect but Nigerians and their short memory seemed to have forgotten when we had yobo lobbing the ball forward for martins to run for 90 minutes of the game.
We will not become barcelona overnight, we might not reach the heights of Germany or spain in a short time, nothing good comes easy patience and confidence is what the team needs.

Shrugs undecided

7 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:22am On Jun 01, 2013
Chrisbenogor: Do some people realize mexico were practically playing at their backyard ni? and that Mexico is ranked 16th in the world?

Its a team in progress, there is room for improvement but slowly we can see that Keshi is building a team, their play was not perfect but Nigerians and their short memory seemed to have forgotten when we had yobo lobbing the ball forward for martins to run for 90 minutes of the game.
We will not become barcelona overnight, we might not reach the heights of Germany or spain in a short time, nothing good comes easy patience and confidence is what the team needs.

Shrugs undecided

Thank you!
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:22am On Jun 01, 2013
ogugua88:

Who is everyone?

Anyone belongs in Everyone!!!

Were you expecting less than a stellar performance from the Nigerian team after AFCON? ? ?
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Reference(m): 4:22am On Jun 01, 2013
ogugua88:

I don't know if either of you have watched Mexico play before today. They are far more organized than Nigeria, and they can certainly last 90 minutes in a match... even with 10 men as we saw today. If Mexico came at us with the strength they displayed in the second half with 11 men, I may be crying myself to sleep saying "every dog has its day".

Nigeria is good and we're all glad they won AFCON I'm the happiest o. The team that won was not organized from the very beginning. We all knew Keshi had work to do even after winning that tournament. Today's narrow draw only fortifies what most of us already knew.

I can't wait for our team to be an organized squad. Organization will make us a bigger African threat than we currently are.

Thanks hon. On the mark. Your feet are firmly on the ground. The Nations Cup is past. You have to rebuild. That is hard for even countries with sound administration and continuity. Let us match our expectations to our abilities.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by supaeagles(m): 4:22am On Jun 01, 2013
solomon111: who told you mexico didn't complain?
Unfortunately,they can't do more than to complain,as they don't want b-2 spirits,patriot missiles,hornets,tomcats, and F-35s to destroy their homeland.
Hail America,the ultimate bully.
Wow - all this hostility towards them.....did USA deny your visa before smiley..... I would be even curious to read about Mexico & Mexicans complaining about this "Texas issue" if you can link that please.
The state of Texas is what it is today solely because of USA if not it would have been like any of the Mexican states - quite pathetic.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:23am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:

Bruv, he's a first team player for Lazio and he plays for them week in, week out.

The guy is good, trust me.
Really impressed by Onazi, all round he is a good player with the important "fire in the belly" I watched him score really good goals for lazio.
IMO by far the best box to box midfielder Nigeria has now, freeing up Mikel if around to pick those passes when needed.

Sunday Mba I think tried to hard to impress.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:23am On Jun 01, 2013
solomon111: I agree.
They need to align with moscow as soon as possible.
I am surprised they haven't yet.

Bwahahahahaha

I don't think America's ready for another "Cuban Missile Crisis."

You're a trouble-maker!! grin You want Obama to start sweating like JFK, no? grin

Mexico is enjoying its proximity to the yanks economically - live and let's live.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by UyiIredia(m): 4:23am On Jun 01, 2013
portage:

Tinnymerit and Uyiiredia……..i respect your views, however, I was on stating a simple fact from the game we all just watched! Why was it difficult for a 10 man team to outplay 11 man team?? The 11 man team already has an edge. Therefore, it is expected that they maintain that slim edge…. In our case, it is difficult. Simple.

And I'm repeating to you that 10-men teams have stalemated or won 11-man teams. Hence, the 'edge' of an extra player doesn't count.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by shizzle11(m): 4:23am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:

I've seen Mikel play twice, and I seriously don't think he's a good fit for any mobile team with young talents. Yeah, he's a great player, but he's too damn slow, to be honest.

Also, I don't think he's the type of player any team would miss. Yeah, it's always good to have him around, but anyone can play his role effectively. Chelsea played Luiz in Mikel's position, and heblended in well.

Yeah! He's not particularly fast, but very creative. Belive me, at d level of Nigeria, we need his exposure, passes and confidence
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by tbaba1234: 4:23am On Jun 01, 2013
We learnt today that momentum is a powerful thing, the mexicans were the 'home' team, that kind of reaction was expected after they equalised.

You do not want to give momentum to the home team. .. lesson for the kenyan game
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:24am On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:
Anyone belongs in Everyone!!!

Were you expecting less than a stellar performance from the Nigerian team after AFCON? ? ?

Well, after watching every game that Nigeria played during AFCON, yes. A less than stellar performance and we still won the tournament. Winning the title doesn't mean we're flawless or invincible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (40) (Reply)

Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup / Josie Harris: Floyd Mayweather's Babymama Found Dead In Her Car / Nigerians React To Ighalo's Missed Chances During Nigeria Vs Argentina Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.