Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,451 members, 7,881,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:21 AM

Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? (26638 Views)

Advice Me: I Am Sleeping With My Brother’s Wife And She Doesn’t Want It To Stop / Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2013
Many pipl have tried any way but shy face from any distractive advice pls marry her i could see many christian did same here only what u left 2do is to convince ur wife and avoid being partial and always uptimistic in ur behaviours

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by skoop: 7:55pm On Mar 07, 2013
follow ur instinct
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by wazobiaforu(m): 7:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
My humble advice is, try as much as possible to not allow her to show her full interest in you by wanting to hugg or kiss you or even by saying it straight, avoid her as much as possible and let her know she is free to remarry any other person if she likes.

Dont toy with fire .... The case is just like cultism case, is better not to ear it or feel it, if not your life is on high tension
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by lagbaja(m): 7:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
Marrying her will creat a very very complicated situation. Your decision must be one that is fair to all and at best, it must balance all interest. This is the 21st century.ancient solution can no longer suffice. How would her 5 children see you particularly the 19 year old ( As uncle or as step father ? How will your children see you ? . How will your wife take it,yoruba will say " orisa jen pe meji obirin ko is". no woman wants a rival. Your best bet is to stay nice to her like you have been doing. Please don't be tempted to have any affair with her.let her sort herself out. Fact is if you go ahead, its clear that u will have so much trouble in your hands. You don't want to sacrifice the peace and harmony of your own family just to please your brother's wife

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by huninaija(f): 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2013
First of all your "engrish" is atrocious by the time i got to the last line my eyes where watering. Personally, i don't think its a good idea to marry your senior brother's wife, what would your family even think of this union? I am aware that certain cultures allow the brother of the deceased to marry his wife. However, do you fall into this category?

it seems you have a generous heart and its best you talk things through than to entangle yourself in a situation that will only complicate matters...
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 07, 2013
I think you can work out something with the woman.After 5 children,she maynot be able to get a comfortable place in another place.Your family and children may later feel so much anger when you start to see different men with her.Because women like that ,dont normally get stable relationship anymore.The word 5 kids should scare any responbile person.I dont think she can produce babies any more.You can help her for a short period.she is very lonely
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Cashio(m): 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2013
Well i never bothered to check through ur post but from the caption....how i wan take marry ma broda wife wen young girls de pursue people komot for their domot
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by free2ryhme: 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2013
yes u can grin grin
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Wisetalk1: 8:03pm On Mar 07, 2013
maclatunji: Eyah. If you were a Muslim, I would have said consider marrying her. She wants a man and has set her eyes on you. No woman would like a co-wife so I understand your wife's position too.

To be honest marrying her sorts out many problems. If we say she should go and look for her own man, what will happen to your neices and nephews?

Talk to your wife about it, who knows she may have the heart of a saint. However, is your ex-brother's wife a decent woman? Can she relate with your wife with respect?

Your story is one of the reasons I can't claim 100% that polygamy is out of the question for me even if I prefer monogamy.

It is a tough call.
why are advising him to do what you wont do? You are one of those breaking homes and encouraging adultery. Back to d topic. Bro, do not attempt to do anything with your late brother's wife. Even if some traditions/religions permit it. If you do, you are sacrificing your own marriage. For all those telling u to discuss it with your wife, it is an abnormal thing to do, no woman, no matter how kind will allow such. You can support her, but dont do anything that will affect ur marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 07, 2013
Yield: You've a good heart, Sir. Keep it up. I don't really know what to advice right now ...whether you should marry her or not. Only you can really decide what's best anyway. But definately, don't stop helping and caring for her and don't avoid her like the poster above me said. You're both adults and shouldn't resort to avoiding her. Communicate.
did ‎u •̸№t see the part where he stated that he is married??!!put urself in his wifes shoes before making nonsense comments about them being adults.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Ayoobscom(m): 8:06pm On Mar 07, 2013
Who's this maclatunji? He often speak my mind...will like to take you for a lunch someday if you are in Nigeria...keep it up..
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by mike404(m): 8:06pm On Mar 07, 2013
You sure say no be you mud ya bro

2 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
huni_naija: First of all your "engrish" is atrocious by the time i got to the last line my eyes where watering. Personally, i don't think its a good idea to marry your senior brother's wife, what would your family even think of this union? I am aware that certain cultures allow the brother of the deceased to marry his wife. However, do you fall into this category?

it seems you have a generous heart and its best you talk things through than to entangle yourself in a situation that will only complicate matters...
let's •̸№t confuse generosity with greed.He may have been playing the good samaritan just τ̲̅ȍ earn the treasure between d womans thighs.He must have been encouraging her with money gifts.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by seekingtruth(m): 8:11pm On Mar 07, 2013
If you love your late brother's wife please marry her.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by abbeyty(m): 8:13pm On Mar 07, 2013
RedBenson: u mean ur brother married a wife he was older than by 20yrs? Na wa o.

where did you get your 20 years difference from? read properly b4 you comment
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by abbeyty(m): 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
@op, please let your late brother's wife be and look for second wife somewhere else.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by kaytytty: 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
since u said ur a christian then d bible shuld provide u d best answer

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2013
wazobia_for_u: My humble advice is, try as much as possible to not allow her to show her full interest in you by wanting to hugg or kiss you or even by saying it straight, avoid her as much as possible and let her know she is free to remarry any other person if she likes.

Dont toy with fire .... The case is just like cultism case, is better not to ear it or feel it, if not your life is on high tension
that's d problem!!His writeup shows that he also has interest in her so he can't avoid her.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by karpentar: 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2013
olawole oladipo: Dear Colleagues,

Unfortunately, I lost my senior brother (the same mother the same father) three years ago at age of 50, my brother left one wife with five children. My brother's wife still young (thirty years) plus. She so interest on me after the burial/outing service or some months later, she always calling me on the phone that I abandoned her. In fact, I try my best for her by sending money to her through bank account to take herself because I'm leaving at Ajah, My brother did not complete his house project before his untimely death, myself with support of family member complete the building and she is living there at Ogijo Ikorodu. Also her first son (19 years old)stay with me and caring for him. There was a day she told me on the phone that "Did i think she will marry another person after 5 children to my brother" and everything is not money, she want to see me, Infact I feel somehow that day.

In conclusion, as a christian I don't want to cheat my own "housewife" or look like I'm commiting adultery or fornication. What Can I do? to marry her, OR to tell her to leave my brother's house to go and marry another person with five children.

Please I need your Help.

From Safejourney, Ajah, Lagos

At your age, you are asking this kind of question? What a shame. Adult baby!!!
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by skydeep(f): 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2013
seeking@truth:
Cmon dude, he is already married.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by greggng: 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2013
Bros if i were in your shoes i will table this matter with my wife. discuss it objectively and if you have what it takes financially to cater for her needs why not marry her.After all God has a reason for bringing that lovely woman into your family....please let no one attack me for saying she is lovely cos from what you narrated , she must have had a good relationship with your brother. Death can come anytime.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
[quote author=Eze Promoe]
[color=crimson] @ bolded
She gave birth to him at the age of 11+?
And her husband married her at the age of 31+?

*puts on 3D glass* cool

come again please.
[/

You are a man of intelligence. The poster needs to come up with another fairytail. The one he just posted lacking credibility.

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by ifihearam: 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2013
maclatunji: Eyah. If you were a Muslim, I would have said consider marrying her. She wants a man and has set her eyes on you. No woman would like a co-wife so I understand your wife's position too.

To be honest marrying her sorts out many problems. If we say she should go and look for her own man, what will happen to your neices and nephews?

Talk to your wife about it, who knows she may have the heart of a saint. However, is your ex-brother's wife a decent woman? Can she relate with your wife with respect?

Your story is one of the reasons I can't claim 100% that polygamy is out of the question for me even if I prefer monogamy.

It is a tough call.

Muslims and their mentality sef.

@op. Resist her at all cost but do your level best to keep supporting her.

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Bryancrox(m): 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2013
See matters
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2013
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by ifihearam: 8:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
greggng: Bros if i were in your shoes i will table this matter with my wife. discuss it objectively and if you have what it takes financially to cater for her needs why not marry her.After all God has a reason for bringing that lovely woman into your family....please let no one attack me for saying she is lovely cos from what you narrated , she must have had a good relationship with your brother. Death can come anytime.

The op has feelings for the widow,only God knows if you never dey kukere her since sef?
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eze Promoe:
@ bolded
She gave birth to him at the age of 11+?
And her husband married her at the age of 31+?

*puts on 3D glass* cool

come again please.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mef sef nack 4D specs cheesy
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
seeking@truth:
Then ‎u will go and marry his own wife abi??
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by skydeep(f): 8:26pm On Mar 07, 2013
greggng: Bros if i were in your shoes i will table this matter with my wife. discuss it objectively and if you have what it takes financially to cater for her needs why not marry her.After all God has a reason for bringing that lovely woman into your family....please let no one attack me for saying she is lovely cos from what you narrated , she must have had a good relationship with your brother. Death can come anytime.
You need to have your head examined. Anyways, he can do that if he is a muslim.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by lateef4me(m): 8:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
Pls,never visit her house alone again Always visit her in company of ur wife or friend . As a christian,you can't marry her ....
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by freecocoa(f): 8:29pm On Mar 07, 2013
Hmm this one hard o.

I think she should just move on and find someone else cos I don't think any woman will be cool about sharing her husband, well except for muslim women and even at that, I believe if they have their way, they'd want to be an only wife.

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by jane441: 8:31pm On Mar 07, 2013
olawole oladipo: Dear Colleagues,

Unfortunately, I lost my senior brother (the same mother the same father) three years ago at age of 50, my brother left one wife with five children. My brother's wife still young (thirty years) plus. She so interest on me after the burial/outing service or some months later, she always calling me on the phone that I abandoned her. In fact, I try my best for her by sending money to her through bank account to take herself because I'm leaving at Ajah, My brother did not complete his house project before his untimely death, myself with support of family member complete the building and she is living there at Ogijo Ikorodu. Also her first son (19 years old)stay with me and caring for him. There was a day she told me on the phone that "Did i think she will marry another person after 5 children to my brother" and everything is not money, she want to see me, Infact I feel somehow that day.

In conclusion, as a christian I don't want to cheat my own "housewife" or look like I'm commiting adultery or fornication. What Can I do? to marry her, OR to tell her to leave my brother's house to go and marry another person with five children.

Please I need your Help.

From Safejourney, Ajah, Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Can You Settle Down With A Yahoo Boy? / Guys Please Stay​ Away From Single Ladies In Their Thirties!!! / How I Made Her Fall In Love With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.