Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,652 members, 7,889,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:37 PM

Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning (11278 Views)

Iara Oshiomhole At The Commissioning Of Uju Romi Ultra Modern Market (Pics) / President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant / Anambra Oil Field Ready For Commissioning Next Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by EkoIle1: 9:30pm On Mar 07, 2013
awodman:
Your stupi.di.Ty knows no bounds..stop making yourself a laughing stock on this forum.did you even bother τ̅☺ read the post before commenting...if it was yardua's project as you want us to believe,why has it not been put into use ever since and why is GEJ going to be the one to commission it...
But I xpect after this xplanation you will still come back spewing some more trash...*smh*

Slow down angry son of odechukwu. This project was awarded before your drunken fisherman uncle became the president of Nigerian.

Without Yaradua's ideas and initiatives to think up and award this project, there won't be any power plant for your useless and incompetent uncle to commission.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by luvinhubby(m): 9:30pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eko Ile: Thanks, as long as we set you ignorant people straight, it's all good. No need to steal other peoples achievements to dash your incompetent uncle

As ignorant as we are, we KNOW that GEJ is working & Nigeria is working. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by PrintShop: 9:31pm On Mar 07, 2013
i thought i was the only one that saw 5000MW. I would have disowned the best party, APC shap shap. Its only when i see a power plant release 5000MW b4 i backstab my APC.

mods, if na play, no use this kind headline for play. How, how, how, how do u xpect PDP to do dis kinda thing.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 07, 2013
bright007: Why is the poster/moderator deceiving forumites?
I was attracted to this lugrubidious thread on sighting 5000MW,but on opening the thread it was now 500MW.
Storms outta thread angrily.

They are liars. Ask them if GEJ awarded the contract, yes or no? Yet they said he conceptualized the idea.
Power contracts/projects coming to fruition now were awarded/established by Obasanjo. Yar'Adua stalled the projects and initiated unending probes into power sector. That was how the $16 billion palaver ensued.

With the conclusion of probes, the projects come to natural completion.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 07, 2013
What a lie! The front page is claiming and showing 5000MW and it is mere 500MW.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eko Ile:

Ode, wetin your useless and incompetent drunken fisherman uncle odechukwu get to do with this power plant? He can not even award contract to wipe his own nose?

Credit goes to Yaradua (RIP)

Why are you so predictable? Why cant you even attempt to disappoint people at times?

2 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by gramci: 9:35pm On Mar 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Why are you so predictable? Why cant you even attempt to disappoint people at times?

He's on auto-stupidity, no brake no reverse.

3 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by EkoIle1: 9:37pm On Mar 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Dude, you are irrelevant especially when it comes to truth and right.

That's the problem with you Maku and Okepe lying crew, you are so used to lies and allergic to truth that any appearance of truth sends you into panic mode. We know your master has nothing to do with this project and you are not going to steal credits from a dead man and give if to your uncle whose only concern in life is his 1 billion naira food budget.

Up Yaradua (RIP)
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by awodman: 9:37pm On Mar 07, 2013
gbame:

I thought it was 5000MW too until I opened the thread. OP please correct your post before you mislead others who may not bother to open the thread,
Look at my initial post https://www.nairaland.com/1218121/500mw-omotosho-
power-plant-completed#14650199
I don't know the MoD responsible ƒσя this..maybe they want to intentionaly derail this thread since it has sometin to do with GEJ
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by AZeD1(m): 9:38pm On Mar 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The haters will soon come and tell us to give credit to Lord Lugard for initiating the project and Pa Awolowo for conceiving the idea.

I wonder who will now take credit for the Ajaokuta Steel Complex that has been uncompleted for decades and presently moribund? Nobody. But when GEJ manages to complete it, haters will bring up 100GB files to show how the project was started by Lord Lugard in 1914.

You keep on telling us that GEJ should not be blamed for the problems of Nigeria as they were already there before he became president and i agree with that sentiment but won't it be proper to acknowledge who started the project?

You always call APC supporters hypocrite but your behavior doesn't prove you are any better

6 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by thelastPope(m): 9:40pm On Mar 07, 2013
awodman:
Your stupi.di.Ty knows no bounds..stop making yourself a laughing stock on this forum.did you even bother τ̅☺ read the post before commenting...if it was yardua's project as you want us to believe,why has it not been put into use ever since and why is GEJ going to be the one to commission it...
But I xpect after this xplanation you will still come back spewing some more trash...*smh*

Ignore the idiiot and bigot! He is frustrated! And the completion of projects is just starting. You are going to hear many more news like this this year. Much more and the likes of Eko Ile will be completely rendered irrelevant and idle.

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 07, 2013
But will this make our Yoruoba brothers to stop complaining. They will always find a way/excuse to ridicule this move as far as it concerns GEJ. No wonder google thinks that .......................... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
Yoruba people eh. See them wanting to take credit for Opasonjo even though GEJ has completed this project. Pepper will continue to enter their eyes don't worry. Nigeria's economy will continue to grow while they (SW politicians and supporters) will continue to form alliance with boko haram and Islamic radicals.

GEJ FOR 2015 - 2019 & 2019 - 2023 cool

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by EkoIle1: 9:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
Your uncle's only achievement in life is cassava bread, that's what y'all need to be celebrating...

lmao

2 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by AZeD1(m): 9:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eko Ile:

Slow down angry son of odechukwu. This project was awarded before your drunken fisherman uncle became the president of Nigerian.

Without Yaradua's ideas and initiatives to think up and award this project, there won't be any power plant for your useless and incompetent uncle to commission.
Obj awarded the contract, YarAdua paused it, GEJ revived it.

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Maxymilliano(m): 9:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
Slowly but steady, Jonathan is realy trying hard to prove critics wrong, very good one I must say.

Awaiting when Olorunsogo power plant located along Papalanto - Sagamu axis will also come on stream fully, at least, I sabi this one wella...

Kudos once again, to GEJ, and also Obj who initiated some of the power projects, hope other areas that ensure and support full capacity utilization of the plants are attended to as well...

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by EkoIle1: 9:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
A-ZeD:

Obj awarded the contract, YarAdua paused it, OBJ revived it.

All the better. Whatever the truth.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by omenka(m): 9:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
awodman:
Bros abeg no mind his type..a very good word to describe them are hypocrites...one thing am happy with is that the ugly,fat looking sexy lie that 'there is notin on ground' as refers to GEJ's adminstration is gradually been punctured as events of the past months Ave shown..GEJ thumbs up..but more needs to be done

Events of the past months have also shown that it is imposible for me to have electricity for up to 5hrs in 24!
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Afam4evaIsASlut: 9:45pm On Mar 07, 2013
gbadexy: No doubt the president is trying his best.
I have never had anything against the man save for his removal of oil subsidy and inability to seriously tackle corruption. His not wanting to declare his assets and extravagant spending doesn't help too.

Just those faults alone are enough to destroy any country, which is what is presently happening in Nigeria.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eko Ile: Your uncle's only achievement in life is cassava bread, that's what y'all need to be celebrating...

lmao

Dont you see that you are fast becoming irrelevant. Better get your vote ready for GEJ come 2015 or you join the losing party.

2 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Valto(m): 9:46pm On Mar 07, 2013
GEJ is working, fashola is boasting!

4 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eko Ile:

There he goes again. Dude, Yaradua never awarded the contract, OBJ did. Yaradua rather halted the contract along with other NIPPs.

2 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2013
Please correct the front page from 5000MW to 500MW, I never would have opened this thread if not for the misleading title.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by EkoIle1: 9:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
gboss4sure:

Dont you see that you are fast becoming irrelevant. Better get your vote ready for GEJ come 2015 or you join the losing party.

Boring, look for a better material to work with..
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 07, 2013
bright007: Why is the poster/moderator deceiving forumites?
I was attracted to this lugrubidious thread on sighting 5000MW,but on opening the thread it was now 500MW.Imagine producing 5000MW of electricity in Osun alone~~more than d total capacity on ground now.This must be a joke!
Storms outta thread angrily.

Please don't come back you hear? This is a thread for the successes of GEJ and even people like me who don't see him as the best we can offer, would continue to support him and encourage him. Go and bid for license and generate 5000MW if you are so upset with this 500MW. I hope as you are storming out of this thread the door hits your head and buttocks too angry

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by EkoIle1: 9:50pm On Mar 07, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

There he goes again. Dude, Yaradua never awarded the contract, OBJ did. Yaradua rather halted the contract along with other NIPPs.

Ok, credit goes to OBJ. Are you happy now?

Now, what's all this got to do with incompetent GEJ... lmao
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by thelastPope(m): 9:50pm On Mar 07, 2013
A-ZeD:

You keep on telling us that GEJ should not be blamed for the problems of Nigeria as they were already there before he became president and i agree with that sentiment but won't it be proper to acknowledge who started the project?

You always call APC supporters hypocrite but your behavior doesn't prove you are any better

OBJ left six years ago after ruling for. Years. He had 8 years to fix power. Are you saying 8 years is too short to fix power? He failed, simple! He deserves no credit. I can give him credit for Telecoms reform. But he failed in the power sector. A massive failure there. Yaradua failed even more. There was no single progress for 3 years. Even the road map OBJ passed was abandoned by Yaradua. He spent his time reversing OBJ's policies.

Now these projects are all getting the desired attention and coming to life. The credit totally goes to GEJ. Its like giving credit to Bush for the killing of Osama Bin Laden. He chased Osama for over 7 years and a lot of the information Obama used came from Bush era. But do you see anyone give the credit to Bush? Only in Nigeria you will see hypocrites trying to do that because they hate GEJ just because he is not a Yoruba or Hausa man. Its people like you that betrayed us and allowed them to collect 83% of our oil blocks.

11 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:51pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eko Ile: Your uncle's only achievement in life is cassava bread, that's what y'all need to be celebrating...

lmao
Nawa oh see how ur hatred have make u to start talking like a kid so for ur mind dat rubbish u wrote make sense abi

3 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2013

Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo(C) cut the ribbon to initiate the start of operations of the two units at the Omotosho Power Plant on May 27, 2007. [Photo: Xinhua]

At present, more Chinese enterprises are going outside to invest abroad. Many are choosing Africa - for its preferential investment environment and enormous potential market. They not only acquire great profits for themselves, but also benefit local people, through activities ranging from the creation of job opportunities to presenting local governments with increased tax revenues.

Recently, two units of the China-built gas turbine power station, called the , started operating in the southwest Nigerian state of Ondo.

The local people sang and danced to celebrate the official launch of the Omotosho Power Plant. Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo cut the ribbon to initiate the start of operations of the two units at the plant. He highlighted that the operation of the station represents China's efforts to help Nigeria improve its infrastructure. He adds that the two countries will continue to enhance their cooperation in power generation.

The senior manager of the Chinese contractor, the China National Machinery and Equipment Import and Export Corporation, Cao Yuejun outlines the scope of the project.

"The project uses advanced technology, which is 6B type engine made by American General Motor. This gas power station has a total capacity of 335 million watts and eight gas turbine units. Each has a capacity of 42 million watts. Its scale is quite large for Nigeria. And it has first-class equipment, advanced technology, automated control system. After it is fully completed, it will help Nigeria produce 10 percent more electricity."

Cao Yuejun said his company will guarantee the quality of the gas power station.

More and more Chinese enterprises have started investing in African countries in recent years.

African countries have supported and welcomed this mutually beneficial cooperation, which is aimed at the common development of both sides.

The Nigerian Minister for Power and Steel, Alhaji Ahmed Abdulhamid, said the power station is of great importance.

"You see, not only in Nigeria, but in the whole world, we see electricity as the basis of our modern investment in any community. If you don't have electricity, there is no way for investment. So this would help to improve the present level of power generation we are doing, which is Mr. President is very much committed to see that in Nigeria there is stable electricity so that investors can come and invest in Nigeria. Currently, we're building 11 power stations at the same time. Omotosho is one of them, that is contracted to a Chinese company. And they're doing a very good job. We highly appreciate the level of their expertise in the project."

The chief of the area where the station is located, Obalayeluwa, said local residents will benefit greatly when the station is completed.

"One of the advantages is that electricity will be supplied regularly here, and then that will also attract a lot of industries in this area and bring about much electricity. And that will boost the social and economic life of the people. Apart from that, people will be working here and there will be a great input on the employment of people in this area. I also think that the project will help to improve infrastructure. You make roads, which is for your easy communication. That will benefit our people so they can move about easily."

Obalayeluwa also conveys his admiration of Chinese constructors in this project, saying he is delighted to cooperate with them.

"I like Chinese. One is: they are hard-working. They don’t play with the job. They perform their duty efficiently. And we in this part of our country, are very hospitable and we accommodate friends very intimately as our people. So we have no discrimination. You are intimate to us, too. You move with us, chat with us. One day I want to go to your country and do some job there."

The power station project started in March 2005. Seven turbine units have now been built, and the eighth is under construction. The two units that are now operating can produce up to 84,000 kilowatts of power per annum. The remaining six units are expected to start generating electricity around the end of this year.

http://english.cri.cn/4026/2007/08/01/167@256097.htm

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Afam4evaIsASlut: 9:53pm On Mar 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Yo shut the fc*uk up you bloody cow. Youre just as bad as Eko Ile, if not worse. Youre so deceitful its nauseating. Why cant you tell the truth for once, you stinking voodoo priest posing as a Medical Doctor? Yes, the plants got completed in GEJ's time, but was it his idea? The clown is busy trying to convince the world why its ok for his wife---a constitutionally unrecognized official--- deserves N4billion to play around with and youre here chatting crap. What if that extra N4Billion was invested in power, education, transportation or Healthcare? But yet you clowns want to pretend that the completion of a 500MW plant--- which wasnt his idea to start with--- is some monumental achievement.

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by jmaine: 9:54pm On Mar 07, 2013
thelastPope:

OBJ left six years ago after ruling for. Years. He had 8 years to fix power. Are you saying 8 years is too short to fix power? He failed, simple! He deserves no credit. I can give him credit for Telecoms reform. But he failed in the power sector. A massive failure there. Yaradua failed even more. There was no single progress for 3 years. Even the road map OBJ passed was abandoned by Yaradua. He spent his time reversing OBJ's policies.

Now these projects are all getting the desired attention and coming to life. The credit totally goes to GEJ. Its like giving credit to Bush for the killing of Osama Bin Laden. He chased Osama for over 7 years and a lot of the information Obama used came from Bush era. But do you see anyone give the credit to Bush? Only in Nigeria you will see hypocrites trying to do that because they hate GEJ just because he is not a Yoruba or Hausa man. Its people like you that betrayed us and allowed them to collect 83% of our oil blocks.

Bros, See as you take konk wan take break those numb skulls . . . .You too mush grin
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by stpat1(m): 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2013
hercules07:

You might want to credit OBJ too, I despise the man but he was the one behind this power plant.

exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why I Dumped PDP For Accord – Maduka / Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? / Edo State Governorship Debate (live On Ait)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.