Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,139 members, 7,977,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 02:03 AM

Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning (11391 Views)

Iara Oshiomhole At The Commissioning Of Uju Romi Ultra Modern Market (Pics) / President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant / Anambra Oil Field Ready For Commissioning Next Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by nke001: 8:56am On Mar 08, 2013
+1 to power in Nigeria.
Until we get there!
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by gramci: 9:00am On Mar 08, 2013
vanunu:
Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo cut the ribbon to initiate the start of operations of River Niger Bridge

Who be this ezi ofia? Which of the Niger Bridges? May be the one in abeokuta.

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by karlmax2: 9:01am On Mar 08, 2013
vanunu:
Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo cut the ribbon to initiate the start of operations of River Niger Bridge
LOOOL.U noticed how they put a picture of obasanjo cutting a ribbon of a chinese indomie company in ogun state to buttress their point.[b]omotosho is in ondo state what is gbenga daniel doing in the picture was he the then governor of ondo state? [/b]moderator that posted the picture and professor of corruption that posted the link and other hypocrites on nairaland, should give us an answer to the bolded question, this is to further show the extent these tinubu/buhari ass-licking political jobbers on nairaland would go to discredit this administration. but i thank GOD that [b]"you can't put a good man down". [/b]and no matter how u hide the truth it can never be suppressed,no matter the propoganda.

5 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by karlmax2: 9:03am On Mar 08, 2013
vanunu:
LOOOL.U noticed how they put a picture of obasanjo cutting a ribbon of a chinese indomie company in ogun state to buttress their point.omotosho is in ondo state what is gbenga daniel doing in the picture was he the then governor of ondo state?moderator that posted the picture and professor of corruption that posted the link and other hypocrites on nairaland, should give us an answer to this question, this is to further show the extent these tinubu/buhari ass-licking political jobbers on nairaland would go to discredit this administration. but i thank GOD that "you can't put a good man down"and no matter how u hide the truth it can never be suppressed,no matter the propoganda.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by taharqa: 9:11am On Mar 08, 2013
OAM4J:

Thanks for posting this.

Omotosho power plants was actually designed, built and commissioned under Obj. It was not added to National grid because the Gas pipeline project to feed the plant wasn't completed. Yar'dua stalled the whole process and GEJ came on board reactivated the Gas pipeline project.

What GEJ will be commissioning will not be the power plant but the connection of Omotosho to National grid.

At least let's celebrate some progress.
You are VERY WRONG Mr Mod. The 335MW OmotoshoI plant is DIFFERENT from d 500MW OmotoshoII plant, just like OlorosungoI and GereguI are different from OlorosungoII and GereguII. OmotoshoI, OlorosungoI and GereguI are not even technically NIPP Projects; and like you hv hintd, even d 335MW OmotoshoI plant OBJ built didn't produce electricity to d grid cos OBJ apparently 'forgot' to connect Gas pipelines to d plant , until sometime last yr or so when GEJ connectd Gas pipelines to d plant and also built Transmissn Evacuatn facility to take d captive power to d grid. The DIFFERENT 500MW OmotoshoII plant actual constructn i bliv startd smtime in 2010/2011 unda GEJ (although it was, along with d oda NIPP projects, conceptualisd by OBJ- and of course, largely haltd by Yar'adua until d tail end of dat admin). GEJ savd ALL d projects, doing d MOST work in ensuring that they actuali supply power to d grid. It is dis OmotoshoII plant that is now ready for commissioning..... GEJ is fixing Nigeria's Power problem (not just by d ova 400 moribund projects inheritd and he startd doing immediately he came in BUT also be overseeing what has bn described as d largest Power Sector Reforms and Privatisatn process in d world). OBJ also gets some credits though

5 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by taharqa: 9:11am On Mar 08, 2013
OAM4J:

Thanks for posting this.

Omotosho power plants was actually designed, built and commissioned under Obj. It was not added to National grid because the Gas pipeline project to feed the plant wasn't completed. Yar'dua stalled the whole process and GEJ came on board reactivated the Gas pipeline project.

What GEJ will be commissioning will not be the power plant but the connection of Omotosho to National grid.

At least let's celebrate some progress.
You are VERY WRONG Mr Mod. The 335MW OmotoshoI plant is DIFFERENT from d 500MW OmotoshoII plant, just like OlorosungoI and GereguI are different from OlorosungoII and GereguII. OmotoshoI, OlorosungoI and GereguI are not even technically NIPP Projects; and like you hv hintd, even d 335MW OmotoshoI plant OBJ built didn't produce electricity to d grid cos OBJ apparently 'forgot' to connect Gas pipelines to d plant , until sometime last yr or so when GEJ connectd Gas pipelines to d plant and also built Transmissn Evacuatn facility to take d captive power to d grid. The DIFFERENT 500MW OmotoshoII plant actual constructn i bliv startd smtime in 2010/2011 unda GEJ (although it was, along with d oda NIPP projects, conceptualisd by OBJ- and of course, largely haltd by Yar'adua until d tail end of dat admin). GEJ savd ALL d projects, doing d MOST work in ensuring that they actuali supply power to d grid. It is dis OmotoshoII plant that is now ready for commissioning..... GEJ is fixing Nigeria's Power problem (not just by d ova 400 moribund projects inheritd and he startd doing immediately he came in BUT also be overseeing what has bn described as d largest Power Sector Reforms and Privatisatn process in d world). OBJ also gets some credits though

4 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by ocelot2006(m): 9:13am On Mar 08, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

Yo shut the fc*uk up you bloody cow. Youre just as bad as Eko Ile, if not worse. Youre so deceitful its nauseating. Why cant you tell the truth for once, you stinking voodoo priest posing as a Medical Doctor? Yes, the plants got completed in GEJ's time, but was it his idea? The clown is busy trying to convince the world why its ok for his wife---a constitutionally unrecognized official--- deserves N4billion to play around with and youre here chatting crap. What if that extra N4Billion was invested in power, education, transportation or Healthcare? But yet you clowns want to pretend that the completion of a 500MW plant--- which wasnt his idea to start with--- is some monumental achievement.

Hell yes it's a monumental achievement!! I give kudos to ObJ for initiating the project. But how come he wasn't able to complete it in EIGHT BLOODY YEARS? How come there were funding issues during his tenure?

GEJ takes the glory on this one for revitalising, completing, commisioning and expanding the NIPP projects. Kudos to el-presidente.

3 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by agitator: 9:19am On Mar 08, 2013
Eko Ile:

Ode, wetin your useless and incompetent drunken fisherman uncle odechukwu get to do with this power plant? He can not even award contract to wipe his own nose?

Credit goes to Yaradua (RIP)

kai, dis Yoruba people no go kill pesin 4 dis contri. all the things wey bad b4 GEJ become president na him fault, the universities, roads, etc we no good all na GEJ fault, but when him complete any project na OBJ, Yar adua, etc. Sha make una dey show una mumurity for dis site.

2 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by ocelot2006(m): 9:20am On Mar 08, 2013
taharqa: You are VERY WRONG Mr Mod. The 335MW OmotoshoI plant is DIFFERENT from d 500MW OmotoshoII plant, just like OlorosungoI and GereguI are different from OlorosungoII and GereguII. OmotoshoI, OlorosungoI and GereguI are not even technically NIPP Projects; and like you hv hintd, even d 335MW OmotoshoI plant OBJ built didn't produce electricity to d grid cos OBJ apparently 'forgot' to connect Gas pipelines to d plant , until sometime last yr or so when GEJ connectd Gas pipelines to d plant and also built Transmissn Evacuatn facility to take d captive power to d grid. The DIFFERENT 500MW OmotoshoII plant actual constructn i bliv startd smtime in 2010/2011 unda GEJ (although it was, along with d oda NIPP projects, conceptualisd by OBJ- and of course, largely haltd by Yar'adua until d tail end of dat admin). GEJ savd ALL d projects, doing d MOST work in ensuring that they actuali supply power to d grid. It is dis OmotoshoII plant that is now ready for commissioning..... GEJ is fixing Nigeria's Power problem (not just by d ova 400 moribund projects inheritd and he startd doing immediately he came in BUT also be overseeing what has bn described as d largest Power Sector Reforms and Privatisatn process in d world). OBJ also gets some credits though

Excellent post my brother!! Let everyone keep in mind that the early plans for the NIPP initiated by OBJ administration covered just 7 or so power generating plants, and he must be commended for that. But commendation for the expansion of these projects, the construction of additional power generation plants, and the laudable gas revolution project goes SOLELY TO the GEJ administration. Any one who hates this fact can jump off the nearest cliff.

5 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by ocelot2006(m): 9:25am On Mar 08, 2013
agitator:

kai, dis Yoruba people no go kill pesin 4 dis contri. all the things wey bad b4 GEJ become president na him fault, the universities, roads, etc we no good all na GEJ fault, but when him complete any project na OBJ, Yar adua, etc. Sha make una dey show una mumurity for dis site.

My brother, don't mind them bad belle people. Even the long neglected roads are currently being worked on by the GEJ administration. But that another story for another thread. And it will surely give these noisemakers a heart attack.

4 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by gramci: 9:26am On Mar 08, 2013
karl max: LOOOL.U noticed how they put a picture of obasanjo cutting a ribbon of a chinese indomie company in ogun state to buttress their point.omotosho is in ondo state what is gbenga daniel doing in the picture was he the then governor of ondo state?moderator that posted the picture and professor of corruption that posted the link and other hypocrites on nairaland, should give us an answer to this question, this is to further show the extent these tinubu/buhari ass-licking political jobbers on nairaland would go to discredit this administration. but i thank GOD that "you can't put a good man down"and no matter how u hide the truth it can never be suppressed,no matter the propoganda.

I see no reason why OAM4J shouldn't be banned, he deliberately derailed the thread by changing the threads title from 500MW to 5000MW because of his hatred for GEJ. He corrected it amidst protest.

He went ahead to support prof corruption post with fraudulent picture and fake link just to discredit Gej achievement here. I wonder why a person appointed as moderator can't conduct basic due diligence before posting on thread. By so doing he's encouraging others to manufacture pictures and links just to promote lies on threads.

Look at one of OAM4J's post where he shamelessly criticised GEJ

https://www.nairaland.com/1215874/dumb-people-should-not-allowed/1#14620288

OAM4J: OP I remeber you.You are the one that claimed every human being is intelligent and there is no need to describe some as intelligent and some as unintelligent.
Anyways, If there is a way we can separate the dumb people from the intelligent ones at every election, I will have to agree with Sagamite. If only intelligent people were allowed to vote, there is no way Nigeria would have produce Jonathan as President.

2 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by OluEmmaAss: 9:28am On Mar 08, 2013
Great!!
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by wawaboy1(m): 9:49am On Mar 08, 2013
otokx: but we still do not have electricity in Uniport 2 weeks now.
guy no go there! For rumudara we only see light for like 3hrs in 2wks.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by ocelot2006(m): 11:01am On Mar 08, 2013
PapaBrowne: When you see some comments, its pretty obvious that some folks would rather Nigeria stays in darkness than have GEJ fix power for the simple reason that they don't want him to get any credits.

GEJ haters are afraid of electricity being fixed. Left to them, Jonathan should not fix Nigeria because their bitterness and hatred would have no more channels.

When Jonathan commissions power plants, they say noooo, its OBJ or there is still no light!
When Jonathan fixes roads, they ask how much was spent on it or how long did it take or cant we get 12 lanes.
When Jonathan supports entrepreneurship through excellent programs like YOUWIN, they say where is the power to run the business.
When Jonathan revamps the rail network, they say the trains are outdated or we need high speed rails.
When Jonathan is expanding the economy through agriculture, they are asking whether na Cassava bread we go chop?
When Jonathan is fixing all the airports, they refer us to European and American airports saying why are they not as good??

The same OBJ who had 8 years to fix power but didn't add 1 MW to the grid should now take credit when GEJ with just 2 years has added more than 3000MW.
The same OBJ who had 8 years but didn't as little as paint the toilets in any airport is now better than GEJ who in 2 yrs has revamped 11 airports.
I don't want to compare OBJ with Jonathan, because it would make OBJ look like a total failure which I don't think he was. So let me stop here.

Fashola has had six years to revamp Lagos infrastructure and yet till today he hasn't completed one single mega project. One, Just one. Even bad Governors like Uduaghan have completed whole airports, but I can't credit Fashola with any single project above say N10 billion. All the large projects he has taken upon are still in their infancy or out-rightly abandoned with no hope in sight. The Lagos Badagry expressway- nothing! The light rail project- nothing! Lekki Epe expressway- incomplete! Lekki free trade zone- empty! Eko Atlantic- sand! Fourth mainland bridge- Dreamland! Tejuosho market- abandoned! One single major porojeeect- I can't find any!! Yet the man has had 6 good years! Six yeaearrrs!!! Yet ACN/APC fellas want us to believe that he is some kind of infallible creature!

These folks want Jonathan's trains to look like the ones in Dubai and Japan yet its OK when Fashola's BRT buses look like dinghis from Bangladesh.
They want Jonathan's airports to look like Schipol, but Fashola is performing when he builds schools looking like the prisons of Brazil!
When LASU students protest, they students are bad. When UNIABUJA students protest, the government is bad.

I like Fashola and I respect him because he is building good institutions and systems that would make Lagos function. But if you ask me, his 6 years and $30 billion dollars in budgets are not seen anywhere in Lagos! The city is still a dumpsite and one of the most uninhabitable enclaves on the face of the planet!

Whether we like it or not, Jonathan would fix power! Nigerians would appreciate it. If 24hrs light comes to your neigbourhood before 2015 and you feel angry at the progress Nigeria has made, you can as well disconnect from the grid and make use of generators. If you don't like the remodelled airpots, go by road. If the roads are too smooth for you, please buy Cortina and trekk to your destination.
Nigeria would progress whether you like it or hate it and the transformation has started albeit slowly!!!!

GBAM! GBAMMER!! GBAMMEST!!! You and your generation are forever blessed! Drinks on me bruv!

4 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Afam4evaIsASlut: 7:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
PapaBrowne: When you see some comments, its pretty obvious that some folks would rather Nigeria stays in darkness than have GEJ fix power for the simple reason that they don't want him to get any credits.

GEJ haters are afraid of electricity being fixed. Left to them, Jonathan should not fix Nigeria because their bitterness and hatred would have no more channels.

When Jonathan commissions power plants, they say noooo, its OBJ or there is still no light!
When Jonathan fixes roads, they ask how much was spent on it or how long did it take or cant we get 12 lanes.
When Jonathan supports entrepreneurship through excellent programs like YOUWIN, they say where is the power to run the business.
When Jonathan revamps the rail network, they say the trains are outdated or we need high speed rails.
When Jonathan is expanding the economy through agriculture, they are asking whether na Cassava bread we go chop?
When Jonathan is fixing all the airports, they refer us to European and American airports saying why are they not as good??

The same OBJ who had 8 years to fix power but didn't add 1 MW to the grid should now take credit when GEJ with just 2 years has added more than 3000MW.
The same OBJ who had 8 years but didn't as little as paint the toilets in any airport is now better than GEJ who in 2 yrs has revamped 11 airports.
I don't want to compare OBJ with Jonathan, because it would make OBJ look like a total failure which I don't think he was. So let me stop here.

Fashola has had six years to revamp Lagos infrastructure and yet till today he hasn't completed one single mega project. One, Just one. Even bad Governors like Uduaghan have completed whole airports, but I can't credit Fashola with any single project above say N10 billion. All the large projects he has taken upon are still in their infancy or out-rightly abandoned with no hope in sight. The Lagos Badagry expressway- nothing! The light rail project- nothing! Lekki Epe expressway- incomplete! Lekki free trade zone- empty! Eko Atlantic- sand! Fourth mainland bridge- Dreamland! Tejuosho market- abandoned! One single major porojeeect- I can't find any!! Yet the man has had 6 good years! Six yeaearrrs!!! Yet ACN/APC fellas want us to believe that he is some kind of infallible creature!

These folks want Jonathan's trains to look like the ones in Dubai and Japan yet its OK when Fashola's BRT buses look like dinghis from Bangladesh.
They want Jonathan's airports to look like Schipol, but Fashola is performing when he builds schools looking like the prisons of Brazil!
When LASU students protest, they students are bad. When UNIABUJA students protest, the government is bad.

I like Fashola and I respect him because he is building good institutions and systems that would make Lagos function. But if you ask me, his 6 years and $30 billion dollars in budgets are not seen anywhere in Lagos! The city is still a dumpsite and one of the most uninhabitable enclaves on the face of the planet!

Whether we like it or not, Jonathan would fix power! Nigerians would appreciate it. If 24hrs light comes to your neigbourhood before 2015 and you feel angry at the progress Nigeria has made, you can as well disconnect from the grid and make use of generators. If you don't like the remodelled airpots, go by road. If the roads are too smooth for you, please buy Cortina and trekk to your destination.
Nigeria would progress whether you like it or hate it and the transformation has started albeit slowly!!!!

Basically, based on all you wrote, Nigeria is essentially a diyyck-measuring-contest between GEJ and Fashola? undecided
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by YorubaOmoge: 7:31pm On Mar 08, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

Basically, based on all you wrote, Nigeria is essentially a diyyck-measuring-contest between GEJ and Fashola? undecided

Jesuzzzz what kinda username be this?
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by otokx(m): 10:26pm On Mar 08, 2013
hope by this time next year we shall have 20 hours of electricity daily?
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 09, 2013
ocelot2006:

Hell yes it's a monumental achievement!! I give kudos to ObJ for initiating the project. But how come he wasn't able to complete it in EIGHT BLOODY YEARS? How come there were funding issues during his tenure?

GEJ takes the glory on this one for revitalising, completing, commisioning and expanding the NIPP projects. Kudos to el-presidente.
Funny u ignored every other parts of the post you responded to...namely, y GEJ thinks his wife deserves N4billion of the nation's money.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by tomakint: 6:58am On Mar 11, 2013
ocelot2006:

GBAM! GBAMMER!! GBAMMEST!!! You and your generation are forever blessed! Drinks on me bruv!
Drinks on me too, the likes of Papabrowne, Billyonaire, Sincere9gerian, Taharqa, Mandelaguy, TheLastPope, Freeglobe, oddy4real, and many more bright minds on this forum remains the shinning lights for many 'blind' to see as for me I av never for once lose sleep on the return to power of Jonathan come 2015! cool

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by DisGuy: 9:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
on the grid yet?

whats the total output now ?
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by DisGuy: 10:08pm On Mar 27, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Russia Denies Coercing Nigerian Students To Fight In Ukraine / NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. / Multi-party Democracy Best For Nigeria – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.