Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:54 PM

The First Marriage - How God Intended It To Be - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The First Marriage - How God Intended It To Be (678 Views)

Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? / Children Produced From Green Card Marriage How Do They Feel? / Pregnancy First Marriage Second (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Marriage - How God Intended It To Be by sadlerrr: 10:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
Some facts have stated that around 40 to 45 percent of all marriages in Nigeria end up in divorce. Of the rest 55 percent about 3/4 stay in unhappy marriages for the sake of children, fear of being alone, shame, finance etc.

If God said marriage is a good thing, then how come it has become a nightmare for many? Personally, I think we missed the concept. In anything, to find truth and revelation, you always need to go backwards and not forwards. so here's a quick review of the concepts God laid out in what I call 'The First Marriage' - the union between Adam and Eve.

First of all, Adam and Eve were placed in a place called the 'Garden of Eden and Eden means spot, delightful door. It means an 'Open Door' on the earth.

Since Eden isn't a tangible location, no archaelogist can find it. It's an atmosphere, the presence of God.. So when they fell, the atmosphere 'Eden' went back to heaven.

Note that the first thing God gave the man was His presence - Eden.

In other words, the first thing a man needs is not a woman.
The most important thing a man needs is the presence of God and the woman is supposed to meet him there; in the presence - in Eden.

The word 'garden' means order. If a man doesn't have the presence yet, his life is like a bush, and any woman who joins him would have troubles.

The next thing God did was to give Adam work. Genesis 2:15
God gave man work before woman.
What's the point? If you have no source of income you don't need a wife.
A man needs a job before he gets a woman (Genesis 2:15)
Thirdly, God gave Adam an instruction 'Cultivate'.

The word cultivate means to bring out the best in everything around you - To be fruitful. He only said that to the male.. Hence, no man on earth shoould ever expect a finished or perfect woman.
It's the man's duty to create what he wants. The woman you are looknig for doesn't exist. She's only in your head.
It is expected that the man takes the raw material (the woman), and cultivate her into the image he has in his head..
If as a man, u've been married for several years and u'r still not content with your wife, it's your fault.

For example, if ur wife is putting on weight u don't like, rather than crticizing her, you could Wake her up early in the morning and take her for a jug.
If u don't like her choice of clothes, take her shopping and pay for it.
If she can't speak good english, send her to school and pay for it.

Fourtly, God instructed Adam to 'Guard the garden".

The point being that the male is the protector, hence the stronger bone frame and muscle mass to protect the woman, not abuse her..

The last thing God gave Adam was His Word.. He said 'Adam, don't touch the tree"

The woman wasn't told that. In other words, the male was the only one who got the word of God gen 1;15-17. Adam's job was to teach Eve the word of GOD.
In a home where the woman knows more word than the man, there's a problem beacuse women are naturally wired to seek the knowledge and direction of the male.

Finally, God said to Himself "It's not good for this man to be alone".

Don't read it this too quickly. Ponder about it for a while. What man? who?

The man who's in His presence, working, can cultivate, can protect, can teach the word. That's the man who qualifies to be married.

So if you meet a man who is not in His presence, can't cultivate, can't protect and can't teach the word - It is good for that man to be alone.

Age doesn't qualify you for marriage, knowledge does . That's where many have missed it.

If you liked this post, kindly visit http://www.eventjara.com/blogs/refinement/item/the-first-marriage and like it.... Cheers!

1 Like

Re: The First Marriage - How God Intended It To Be by tpia1: 1:24am On Mar 09, 2013
Some facts have stated that around 40 to 45 percent of all marriages in Nigeria end up in divorce.

that's unfortunate, lord have mercy.

the incidence is so high these days.
Re: The First Marriage - How God Intended It To Be by tpia1: 1:25am On Mar 09, 2013
Of the rest 55 percent about 3/4 stay in unhappy marriages for the sake of children, fear of being alone, shame, finance etc.

just a matter of time before they join the 45% and increase the ratio, i suppose.

we might as well just agree the statistics in nigeria fully match the ones overseas.
Re: The First Marriage - How God Intended It To Be by Mynd44: 2:26am On Mar 09, 2013
I would love to see the survey that came up with those percentages. I am not trying to dispute it, I just don't believe it
Re: The First Marriage - How God Intended It To Be by Obinoscopy(m): 2:31am On Mar 09, 2013
Might be an overall statistics but this is definitely not Nigeria's stats.
Re: The First Marriage - How God Intended It To Be by sadlerrr: 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2013
Why? Is it too low or too high? Personally I think it's a bit high by maybe 10 percent. Wot u think?
Obinoscopy: Might be an overall statistics but this is definitely not Nigeria's stats.

(1) (Reply)

Daughter And Daughter In Law / I Love My Boo / Why Do Good Girls Always Fall For Bad Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.