Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,831 members, 7,915,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:14 PM

P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award (9687 Views)

Poll: p-square's do me video and jimmy jatt&co's video

p-square do me video: 61% (42 votes)
dj jimmy jatt&co stylee video: 38% (26 votes)
This poll has ended

M.i's Album "The Chairman" Number One (worldwide) On Hip Hop In Itunes / Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? / P-Square: Peter & Paul Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by tRoOE(f): 4:56am On Mar 28, 2008
lucabrasi:

you are right on that but what s actually got me thinking is the allegation about the whole politics and the whole mini mafia going on in the awards, are they sayn them d banj are sorta running things ro there r some people running things,i posed a few questions to the jude dude but he hasnt replied them at least to clear the air if its true thaen that ayo animashaun guy has got to be a realli foolish person to stain a brand he has been building for years with this sort of scandal, most of the songs don't realli mean much anyway i.e dbanj and somethn anaconda bla bla,
heheh am not surprised, anything that has to do with politics means playing dirty.

That dbanj does not deserve an award, the guy sucks big time, he can't sing at all, the only thing his good at his making noise and wearing those stupid shades like an idiot around,

Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by 9ja4eva: 5:28am On Mar 28, 2008
All messed up
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 5:40am On Mar 28, 2008
tRoOE:

heheh am not surprised, anything that has to do with politics means playing dirty.

That dbanj does not deserve an award, the guy sucks big time, he can't sing at all, the only thing his good at his making noise and wearing those stupid shades like an idiot around,

i thought i was the only one,me and sum ppl were talking about him and i said in my opinion he is a flash in the pan kinda artise and i give him this year,next year and mayb 2010 or therebouts for the whole koko hype to fizzle out, and that he should make all the money he can make from now till 2 yrs because he ll be either in the background or not doing as good as he is now and they nearly cut my head of for such sacriledge, smiley
im just listening to that gt da guitarman song on ait now and im much surer than i was earlier that he should have gotten the next rated award instead of wande coal, na wa for hype o,
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by tRoOE(f): 6:13am On Mar 28, 2008
lucabrasi:

i thought i was the only one,me and sum people were talking about him and i said in my opinion he is a flash in the pan kind of artise and[b] i give him this year,next year and mayb 2010 [/b] or therebouts for the whole koko hype to fizzle out, and that he should make all the money he can make from now till 2 years because he ll be either in the background or not doing as good as he is now and they nearly cut my head of for such sacriledge, smiley
im just listening to that gt da guitarman song on ait now and im much surer than i was earlier that he should have gotten the next rated award instead of wande coal, na wa for hype o,
Next year 4 where, the guy has begin to expire, nobody really talks about him anymore, people focus are now on wanda or whateva they guy name is. My best advice for him is to return back to sch and get a degree, invest the little money he made instead of wasting it on those fake designers jewelries he wears and shades
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by Modups1(f): 7:53am On Mar 28, 2008
all dis big issue about rigged awards abi betrayal of trust as potrayed by jude is all still sounding like kids whinning to me undecided

tRoOE:

Next year 4 where, the guy has begin to expire, nobody really talks about him anymore, people focus are now on wanda or whateva they guy name is. My best advice for him is to return back to sch and get a degree, invest the little money he made instead of wasting it on those fake designers jewelries he wears and shades

ouch!!!! grin grin grin trooe na wa for you oh
wande really has talent now, d guy can really sing unlike dbanj
am happy he got d next rated, it was really between him & gt though
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by Gebarday: 8:00am On Mar 28, 2008
I tot they were mutaul never knew dis hw psquare thinks. Come to think of it STYLEE video was made in Nig was also num1 on Nig chat for upto 3month so what are dey talking about. What is 'DO ME' lyric compare to 'STYLEE' psquare need 2 think well n forget about tribalism. Morealso i heard the sold more in south west than every other place.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2008
tRoOE:

i feel you on that tRo0E,nigerians are quick to jump on the bandwagon when ppl start hype,check out that booty song i listened to the song several times and i felt so disgusted the beats from beginning to the end is the same thing nuifn special, the onli person that made the song a hit is the wande coal guy because of his diff voice modulations, dbanj didnt do much,the eldee guy tried but nuifn exceptional and the dbanj same old same old yet everybody in naija will be shouting don jazzy,great producer when the likes of cobhams are still alive even ojb, like u said sha its just a matter of time when him and don jazzy will dissappear back to oblivion
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by sect(m): 3:00pm On Mar 28, 2008
Do me video is better than stylee and those of you guys saying that do me lacks concept, i tot DO ME is a dance track,so what else are you expecting in the video other guys and girls dancing. Do Me is a song for the dance hall and that was reflected in the video so i dont think dat song lacks concept just like some of u guys implied but all the same i still think its puerile for Jude Okoye to tag the HHWA a tribalist award. Yes HHWA is very shitty and political which means it doesnt deserve all the attention it has got but Jude's outburst looks very silly to me and besides am tired of seeing PSqure cart away with awards for music videos alone. They should for once try to use their audio songs to achieve their awards.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 4:13pm On Mar 28, 2008
well said, guess they r hhwa are having all the attention because they seem to be the only magazine of its kind in nigeria at the moment giving them a lot of good will
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by gidig(m): 7:41pm On Mar 28, 2008
@JUde Okoye,

I am simply assuming that you are truly the same Jude Okoye who allegedly made that remark.
First, thereis something you still have not gotten. You are serving 'your public' the people who make the duo what they are. This controversy is needless. It does nothing to who or what they are.

You guys need a publicist whose duty is the shaping of public perception of the group. A PR person wouldnot have mouth off the way you did. NO matter who is on your side. There are many artistes who left that place feeling they deserved an award. Guess what? How many of them are on facebook or nairaland?

You are in the business of making and selling music. That is your priority-not getting awards! If you think you will persuade people through forums like this to understand you, you must be naive than I thought. Do you know the implication of that needless statement to the public perception of the group P-Square? What you should have been doing damage assessment and nothing else. I will recommend a classic book by Mr Dale Carnegie how to make friends and keep them.

Nigerians would prolly forget the awards but the tribal bit is something that divides us- it will show up here too in some ways- and you brought your business to that divisive level. Let this die a natural death. Don't stoke the fire. Don't even try defending yourself.

The day that story hit the press, you should have issued a statement denying it and stating how you were misinterpreted. NOTHING MORE! you can then settle issues with people on a personal level. You can even protest by not attending the next award!
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 9:09pm On Mar 28, 2008
@gidig
i agree with your stance wholeheartedly,i think its a nigerian thing as well the whole arrogance because apart from this p square thing i have read and seen reports of how arrogant and self indulgent most of our artise can be, soo many artise have lost focus of the real objective of what they r about and are focused on rewards and accolades rather than working at something they love doing after all the good lord gave them the gift of singing free of charge, if they r complaining after putting in less than 20 years of work ,what would the likes of bongos ikwe,art alade,ebenezer obey ,sunny ade,dan maraya jos,osita osadebey and the rest of them even the mammy water crooner say about awards they got not being commensurate with the work and years they v put in, apart from the musicians that get sprayed at parties how many of the bongos ikwes and co can afford a 504 not to talk of a hummer or house in lekki
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by powerofmap(m): 9:31pm On Mar 28, 2008
Chei! see this guy don already spoil em broda name for this industry.
How can that guy dey talk say how many ppl know ASA? that bobo don't take pkoli b4 em come nairaland come write that sh*t.I dey sing ASA complete Album back to back cos men that gurl dey make me an my girl dey fight for the cd.I bought 2 and give out 1.

As for Dbanj em own Story don end, Whats Anoconda? men those mohit stars just got fake hype.
Mohit CV======Wande Coal CV grin
Just imagine SID no sabi flow again?
D'Prince dat one na Artist?

Men Mr. Jude just try make a good public statement and aplogize to the Yoruba ppl

HIPHOP world Award get small wuru wuru just imagine Lord of Ajasa loosing Best Lyrist to Mode 9,
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 11:20pm On Mar 28, 2008
i feel you o my guy,seems like u gys in nigeria know more than we,pls keep it coming especially that angle of hip hop world, because it seems as if it is a known fact that politics is going on there, i thought i was the only one that saw through the whole mode 9 rubbish,,the pathetic thing is that some people will dedicate time to analysing his lyrics as if he is jay z or nas in naija, me too i wish lord of ajasa won

which one is d pronce?is the guy related to don jazzy because they look alike
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by powerofmap(m): 12:35am On Mar 29, 2008
lucabrasi:

which one is d pronce?is the guy related to don jazzy because they look alike

I think they 're brodas.

Ajasa is f**king good with his lyrist because its a combination of english, pigeon enlish and yoruba.If you watch lately some young up coming acts re trying to follow his footstep just like Cash11 and some others too.

Mode 9 was talkin to a journalist that its just his birthright , just like mode 9 award.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 29, 2008
First, "STYLEE" dosent deserve the best video likewise P-Squares Video, i keep asking where is the concept behind the video.
I wonder why some people are just babbling over nothing,the list of some good videos that should have clinched the awards are endless-Morachi's video,Faze's video,e.t.c

Well,if i have to list my criteria's of picking my own best video, i will look at the:
----concept.
----video must be a hit single.
----the lyrics
----Clear pcture

I quite disagree, with Jude over "Asa's Albulm of the Year",dont even go there. Let me give u for example, P-Square previous albulm, the whole beats they used wasn't their's.Nigeria is a country that people don't listen to lyrics, is a dancehall country.
P-Square try and be original not twisting people songs,beats and dance steps, the Usher of today never copied MJ dance steps
he came up with his.The fact is that there is nothing original about them, so tell me where is the talent?
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by tRoOE(f): 6:54am On Mar 29, 2008
Modups!:

all this big issue about rigged awards abi betrayal of trust as potrayed by jude is all still sounding like kids whinning to me undecided

ouch!!!! grin grin grin trooe na wa for you oh
wande really has talent now, d guy can really sing unlike dbanj
am happy he got d next rated, it was really between him & gt though
Well wande might be fine in singing but he needs more, he isn't really a good entertainer, and why does Dbanj aka noise marker out shadows him all the time

lucabrasi:

i feel you on that tRo0E,nigerians are quick to jump on the bandwagon when people start hype,
[b][/b], the onli person that made the song a hit is the wande coal guy because of his diff voice modulations, dbanj didnt do much,the eldee guy tried but nuifn exceptional and the dbanj same old same old yet everybody in naija will be shouting don jazzy,great producer when the likes of cobhams are still alive even ojb, like u said sha its just a matter of time when him and don jazzy will dissappear back to oblivion

heheh the wack is wack jare, I see no booty just a bunch of girls in a mini skirts with no ass.

Naija people have no good taste when it comes to music, they don't hype on useless things.

You should see how girls were acting every time someone mentions the koko master, i was disgusted!!!!poor things
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by LilsayEsq(m): 10:20am On Mar 29, 2008
2 jude: ignorance is a disease.2 all: asa is simply fabolous.mohits r d best in 9ja 2day. cv is dope. stop talkin trash.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by powerofmap(m): 1:47pm On Mar 29, 2008
Lilsay Esq:

2 jude: ignorance is a disease.2 all: asa is simply fabolous.mohits r d best in Nigeria 2day. cv is dope. stop talkin trash.

Are you sure you have a copy of the CV and have you really listen to all the songs? whats anoconda broda?
Wande Coal is cool but am patiently waiting for his album.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 2:07pm On Mar 29, 2008
i agree with you wholeheartedly, it remains to be seen if wande coal will last , as for the rest of the mo hits they r going down the drain and thats no hating,

tRoOE:

Well wande might be fine in singing but he needs more, he isn't really a good entertainer, and why does Dbanj aka noise marker out shadows him all the time
[size=12pt][font=Garamond]heheh the wack is wack jare, I see no booty just a bunch of girls in a mini skirts with no ass.

lol,i agree with you as well that the guy is more of hype than actual talent,we know he has a good voice but the hype about him is as if he has a couple of hit albums already we should wait till he releases the second album or another single at least after this album when the hype has died down, the banj prolly over shadows him because him and don jazzy are the chairman/managing director of the company and the wande coal is an employee grin
i tire o and u wont believe if i told u i was ashamed of myself cause a white girl actually pointed it out to me the same thing you said about the booty and video after we explained the whole thing lol koko master, showbiz is all about hype and i have to agree the guy made sure he did his home work well with the stage performance and the hype if not he would have gone down a long time ago, check out the fela salute,the way he walks on stage and all that

Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by Sonye(f): 10:50pm On Mar 29, 2008
this is one of the reasons why God just does not bother blessing some people. You ask God for money, he gives you money and fame. He also adds to the blessing by nominating you but its still not enough. Do people not ever think that God will have to bless other people as well? I think what p2 said was nonsense n childish. They should accept their fate and keep going on. Which one is yoruba n igbo in music? They should just sing an Igbo song so they can prove a point next time. Cos if peter n paul were not my people, i wont have known they were igbo
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by tRoOE(f): 11:20pm On Mar 29, 2008
lucabrasi:

i agree with you wholeheartedly, it remains to be seen if wande coal will last , as for the rest of the mo hits they r going down the drain and thats no hating,

Lmfao the whole crew of mo hits are going down than i expected, poor things
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by eleshin(m): 8:49pm On Mar 30, 2008
jude is too unprofessional 4 making such a statement.stylee deserve the award because dem psquare are even lucky to merit a nomination coz their song was released late in 2007.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by tosinadeda: 10:41pm On Mar 30, 2008
Una jst dey talk rubbish.
Whoever says stylee deserved d award is jst being bias! No matter wut ur criteria is.
Sum say do me has no message! Thats crazy,cos wut msg are u xpectn 4rm a party song?
Abeg lets put sentiment aside,do me is one of the best videos ever to come out of naija and we all know,stylee is by no way in d same class as do me
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by powerofmap(m): 4:12pm On Mar 31, 2008
tosin you don start again abi? do me was suppose to be next year nomminees for best video but its was included and after everything jude dey run em mouth up and down.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by whateva(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2008
my fellow nairalanders aka lie lie people what sin has bros jude okoye don by coming out to this forum to tell us what really happened?
I read a guy's post saying if jude thinks he can persuade people via this blog then jude must be naive listen i think he never did any thing bad by coming here people varies there are people who do not give a f@#k what any body says but there are people who still give prick and toto of what people say to me i think he just allowed us into so many things that we as viewers dont know.
Me as an individual i have learnt not to believe everything i hear or read on papers as seeing is believing. Shey na all this same people be dey run faze for mud say e dey lie give us nigerians?.
Concerning the videos i wasn't that keen to see stylee video but them p-square try for do me video but people say e lack concept tell me which concept stylee get ?
All those people nailing the twin brothers saying they are copy cats e don do many MCs copy e get one of 2pac track its my favorite but i can't remember the title of that track now it was MJ's stuff is it p=diddy's mo money abi na mase welcome back track and some other few artiste to me the only reason people keep reminding em they are copy cats is because they are successful is it the beats they loop out that is making them successful or its the song that is helping them sail accross the boarder? To me p-square are good and they will be the bomb without people's instrumental i aint there fan at the same time i am not their enemy.
Jude said something about Asa's album i hear people shouting why are you guy's shouting maybe u did not get what e said well i will break it down for you in pidgin english e say u can hear 2face, face and psquare album in all nooks and crannies of nigeria but asa's album can you hear it in all the nooks and crannies? na lie e talk? e just hit the nail on the head na true word he never said asa is not talented he just said that if we can't hear her album every where why she go come win that award? to me that award was for 2face but i would have loved faze to win for some reasons i dont even know.

Those nairalanders when dey insult them it is best we make good comment i can;t forget the words of my father Nesta marley

Don't you look at me so smug
And say I'm going bad.
Who are you to judge me
And the life that I live?
I know that I'm not perfect
And that I don't claim to be.
So before you point your fingers,
Be sure your hands are clean.
Judge not
Before you judge yourself.
Judge not
If you're not ready for judgement. Woah oh oh!
The road of life is rocking
And you may stumble too.
So while you talk about me,
someone else is judging you

Least i forget there is one post wen make sense for here i laugh well well when i see that post the guy say even steven wounder dey see say do me video balm pass stylee if this guy wen talk this word do diss track omo na hell fire for the guy wen dey receive the diss.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by tosinadeda: 7:27pm On Mar 31, 2008
Powerofmap see wetin u dey talk ehn!
If d video wasnt meant to be nominated,it wnt be nominated ok!
Talk beta jare
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by eleshin(m): 8:49pm On Mar 31, 2008
in 2006 when they won five awards they did recommend ayo animashaun for the post of PMAN president,they also won three last year and was full of praises for the guy, now that they won nothing,they are saying the award was tribalistic.if youguys realy dont know,hhp award serve not only as award to psquare but as a consolation from total failure from winning international award(kora,mtv,mobo).they shud just be professional and try to act maturely
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 9:07pm On Mar 31, 2008
i checked the hip hop world website and the guy has not explained or even made any reference to the whole issue which is a shame really considering the amount of controversy its generating,at least the jude guy posted on here with their own side of the story, hope the guy is not taking his fans for granted
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by vicade(m): 9:19pm On Mar 31, 2008
I have said it before and i will say it again[b]:Even Stevie Wonder can see that STYLEE was the worst video in that nomination group and DO ME is way better than STYLEE[/b]
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by donchichi: 10:04pm On Mar 31, 2008
Guys,

I don't see what all the hulla ballo is all about. Why are those boys crying. I thnk they are just being silly as well as puerile. Honestly, i just watched the "do me" video for the first time and compared it to the "stylee" video. I don't see how their's is better than jimmy jatt's. i  mean they only shot in one location and their wardrobe revolved around one mix of clothes( a jacket, one t-shirt, and jeans). The stylee video had multiple video effects, different locations. The Do me video just had hundred girls to fill up space and a camera moving up and down. Maybe the location isnt in naija but so what? Even if they didnt win, does that stop them from making money, does it mean they don't receive critical acclaim. Does it mean the nigerian populace loves them any less. I can't even understand why their are crying over a nigerian award when the likes of tuface have taken their work outside africa. Thats what they should be thinking of right now. Taking their work to another level. I know they are good, You know they are good, they know they are good so i wonder why they are crying. i find this very irritating. They didnt win doesnt mean they wont win another one. They should "man up" abeg, pop their collars and work harder to take their work out of naija, out of africa to the world.

Thats just wot i think
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by vicade(m): 10:27pm On Mar 31, 2008
These are the nominations:
BEST MUSIC VIDEO (Award goes to director)
Do me- Jude Okoye
Green land- Ty Bello/Abbey
Fire on the mountain- Cosa(Asa)
Stylee- Dj Tee
Sasha- Clarence Peters

I dont see how Stylee wins this category. But yet again , DJ tee is involved with hip tv and was one of the organisers of the awards in a certain role so you can never rule out the fact that the result was biased .
Even if Do Me was not nominated, Asa's video was revolutionary,a whole new genre of video making followed by TY Bello.

Shooting a video on the street of Lagos is not new.A whole lot of artists have done that before.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by skingo(m): 10:38pm On Mar 31, 2008
leave stori.
i cant feel my face. psquare will get it next year. with al lthis noise making,. im sure hhw will take it into considerations.
www.myspace.com/saucekid sauce kid dey vex. i cant feel my face o
ojun dumi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mercy Chinwo - Wonder (Official Video) / Please What Is The Meaning Of Coupe Bibamba / Best Female Rapper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.