Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,213 members, 7,887,574 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:50 AM

P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award (9663 Views)

Poll: p-square's do me video and jimmy jatt&co's video

p-square do me video: 61% (42 votes)
dj jimmy jatt&co stylee video: 38% (26 votes)
This poll has ended

M.i's Album "The Chairman" Number One (worldwide) On Hip Hop In Itunes / Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? / P-Square: Peter & Paul Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 11:49pm On Mar 31, 2008
why saucekid dey vex, he has no grounds to na
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by powerofmap(m): 2:39am On Apr 01, 2008
Na P2 abi P-square grin shey na only them first use 35mm? beacuse ppl just dey rant Do me Do me, hhwa has been bias since inception so no be today, How can Ajasa loose to Modenine? this guy is very good yoruba, enlgish pigeon all join.

I listen to GT today and i can't just know why he loose to Wande Coal.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 3:34am On Apr 01, 2008
i feel you on that my bred,i listened to lord of ajasa's new one on ait today and couldnt believe they ll choose one yeye mode9 same as wande coal over gt.i dont understand if these ppl smoke and were high on some kunk jamaican shit, if our indegenous sounding rappers are not encouraged i wonder how they expect the industry to grow african instead of fake fake american accents, the day i sorri and weak for that mode 9 was when i listened to that jay z remake of girls, i was sooo embarassed for nigeria because other africans were watchn the tv with me,
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by vicade(m): 11:34am On Apr 01, 2008
G.T. the guitar man deserved to win and not wande coal but wande's affiliation with dbanj made him a popular choice. and i prefer lord of ajasa to mode nine by far. Lord of Ajasa is more of the masses and has local word play with pidgin,english and yoruba.if i want real english only hip hop, i wont listen to mode nine, i listen to lupe fiasco,kanye wesy, young jeezy and lil wayne but Lord of Ajasa has local flavour that these guys dont have and i think that should be celebrated. All these will only reduce the credibility of the awards:
G.T. the guitar man:
http://stormnigeria.com/music/videos.php?vid=18
Lord of Ajasa:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TevonPWOavo
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by powerofmap(m): 12:41pm On Apr 01, 2008
Thank God say ppl wey dey think like me dey this Forum.I marvel by some local shit Ajasa put down, Ajasa's is now an originator of a kind of music because if you watch lately lot of upcoming artiste are loving the style and picking it.When I listen to Cash 11 i smile because its shows Ajasa kind of flow is appreciated by lots of ppl(including me).

Again to Mr. Okoye 35mm no 35mm just try to improve your lil bro music.Lets feel some kind of originality in it.

I dey hear small small sef say More than a friend no be una song? shey na true i heard a version from myspace.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 3:05pm On Apr 01, 2008
@vicade
totally agree with you bred the sad the in my opinion is that nigerians are easy to be fooled with some yeye hype and i dont know why we r always feeling irey with anything american or foreign sounding which is more why they hype mode 9 and them mo hits than the actual song check out ikechucku and naeto c, what rubbish are they spewing and everybody is hailing them in naija prolly because of the yankee flav,look at banky w, ebutemetta and he s going to make a video on the song ,i just think its a matter of time b4 the whole yankee or jand madness stops selling records

@powerofmap
na true bred,its a matter of time when nigerians will seperate the boys from the men and we will know who is using hype to survive and who is actually singing i was soo pleased when i discovered ajasa and 9ice are friends
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by powerofmap(m): 5:33pm On Apr 01, 2008
I never liked Naeto C am not hating thats just the truth.In 9ja today lots of fake hype and shit and after all the claim they live in abroad all their life yet they all can't make themself known from where they are coming from.

I only feel Ikechukwu in Dare's Fuji and Dekunle's Fuji Mogba dun Jesu Gan.

No one is talking about Morachi,Gino and the rest of them.

The Regae Dancehall nomination:
Best Reggae/Dancehall Album
London Fever - African China
True Love - Timaya (Will win, Should win)
Uchie - African Rockstar

Shey na only their three dey naija wit a nice song?
In Nigeria today most regae artiste 're concious musicians.I respect Righteousman, Felix Duke,Marvellous Benji.

Lucabrasi what do think?
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by donchichi: 5:35pm On Apr 01, 2008
Guys,

I don't see what all the hulla ballo is all about. Why are those boys crying. I thnk they are just being silly as well as puerile. Honestly, i just watched the "do me" video for the first time and compared it to the "stylee" video. I don't see how their's is better than jimmy jatt's. i mean they only shot in one location and their wardrobe revolved around one mix of clothes( a jacket, one t-shirt, and jeans). The stylee video had multiple video effects, different locations. The Do me video just had hundred girls to fill up space and a camera moving up and down. Maybe the location isnt in naija but so what? Even if they didnt win, does that stop them from making money, does it mean they don't receive critical acclaim. Does it mean the nigerian populace loves them any less. I can't even understand why their are crying over a nigerian award when the likes of tuface have taken their work outside africa. Thats what they should be thinking of right now. Taking their work to another level. I know they are good, You know they are good, they know they are good so i wonder why they are crying. i find this very irritating. They didnt win doesnt mean they wont win another one. They should "man up" abeg, pop their collars and work harder to take their work out of naija, out of africa to the world.

Thats just wot i think
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2008
powerofmap:

I never liked Naeto C am not hating thats just the truth.In Nigeria today lots of fake hype and shit and after all the claim they live in abroad all their life yet they all can't make themself known from where they are coming from.

I only feel Ikechukwu in Dare's Fuji and Dekunle's Fuji Mogba dun Jesu Gan.

No one is talking about Morachi,Gino and the rest of them.

The Regae Dancehall nomination:
Best Reggae/Dancehall Album
London Fever - African China
True Love - Timaya (Will win, Should win)
Uchie - African Rockstar

Shey na only their three dey naija wit a nice song?
In Nigeria today most regae artiste 're concious musicians.I respect Righteousman, Felix Duke,Marvellous Benji.

Lucabrasi what do think?

i agree with you as well man,u seem to read my mind theres also this set of guys, rhymzo , i see the guy if given the support as another big thing in his genre,,i looked for one track i saw a video of when i went to nigeria but it was a shame nobody knew the song its called bumpa clash,have you heard it before realli nice but the video is not spectalucar, felix duke as well nice comeback and is making waves but it seems as if they r not giving the guy much creds,wheres marvelous benjy sef not heard from him in a while, theres this other guy that did a flip version of african china's mr president dissing him ,reallii ingenous they all should be given a level playing field
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by Echeozo(m): 8:24pm On Apr 01, 2008
/
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by powerofmap(m): 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2008
Luca, Marvellous dey everly saw last week.I respect rhymzo too but you know naija factor now everything na settings, "If you no belong you no belong be that" try to listen to Give it to dem by marvellous nice song shut down in da ghetto.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by hommie47: 7:49am On Apr 03, 2008
Thats quite lame 4 d modern nigerian man. stylee was the best video that year after nigerian girls. check d location, artiste's craft, ideas and logistics of the video. even the nu psquare alb is surprisingly quite original, tho the stole a song from a nigerian underground singer from jos,rhyme-star, (saw it on terry or od's myspace). thats it
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by Emad(f): 9:49am On Apr 03, 2008
thanks Goodness some people are seeing the other side of the story
People were too quick to condemn Psquared when this saga started
But i maintained that they must have seen or heard something that made them make such and
accusing statement.

no smoke without fire

Go Psquared Go Psquared Go
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by Bamsyle(m): 1:08pm On Apr 03, 2008
For me, I've never liked all these videos with booty-shaking girls (whether here in Naija with the likes of P-Queer (HisGrace you're funny!) or yonder with the likes of Nelly, R.Kelly, etc)). If you're talented/gifted, your SONG would as a first step, speak for you. Your video only comes in to complement it. But what do most of these booty-video artistes do? Release a song that makes no sense and is performed in a dismal voice (with studio effizies to cover up the flaws) and then use booty-shaking gals to sell it (afterall, to them, people like seeing those booties).

Well, sorry not all peops are stupid. There are loads of peops out there who look out for what makes sense in music; not stupidity wearing the veil of a booty-preaching video.

I'm one of 'em.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by wolexf(m): 11:06am On Apr 04, 2008
As far as am concerned i think PSquare are really good as a matter of fact their Game over album was the only nigerian Cd i bought throughout last yr. I think they deserved an award. Talkin about Stylee i think the video is just there and i definately agree the was some level of politics involved
The guy Dj Tee is in charge of all HipTv productions they shdnt have nominated him in the first instance. Do me on the other hand is the best nigerian music video i have seen in a very long time,
even my sister that has been away from d country for 2 yrs, after yabbing all the videos on sound city agreed that Do me was d exception
For those that say Psquare r not original pls give us facts or shut the F**k up.
About Asa honestly i cant buy her cd with my money, fine fire on d mountain is ok but trust me in a country like naija where party, clubbin is d other of d day
i dont see a lasting future for her kinda music. talkin about originality i will pick 9ice, Lord of Ajasa before i will even look @ Asa.

@ jude Okoye
I totally agree with u when u talk about popularity i think Psquare, 2face, Face are miles ahead of Asa
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by tosinadeda: 11:27am On Apr 04, 2008
Bleep popularity and naija "kind" of songs. asa is in a class of her own
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by wolexf(m): 12:20pm On Apr 04, 2008
i wonder why u find it hard to take the truth. i still stand by my words
Asa is not as popular as the other artists i mentioned before.

Ps: Stop being hateful we are all voicing our opinions
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by Emad(f): 12:27pm On Apr 04, 2008
wolexf thanks for being reasonable
At least one person on this forum sees what i saw
cry
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by tosinadeda: 1:26pm On Apr 04, 2008
I said asa is in a class of her own!
How hard is dat to understand?
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by wolexf(m): 4:43pm On Apr 04, 2008
What do u mean by class of her own?
All i know is that in terms of popularity, acceptance, record sales i am of the opinion that Psquare , 2face and Face are ahead of Asa
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 4:45pm On Apr 04, 2008
wolexf:

What do u mean by class of her own?
All i know is that in terms of popularity, acceptance, record sales i am of the opinion that Psquare , 2face and Face are ahead of Asa

i agree totally with you and i dont see asa as being original

Emad:

wolexf thanks for being reasonable
At least one person on this forum sees what i saw
cry

have you read all the posts?
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by Emad(f): 5:08pm On Apr 04, 2008
OK OK lucabrasi

sorry nowwwwwww
i was just agreeing with Wolexf grin
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 6:32pm On Apr 04, 2008
it wasnt an attack o,just thought u v not read all the previous posts , tis all gravy smiley
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by tosinadeda: 7:19pm On Apr 04, 2008
When did unique get hard 2 understand. I said asa is unique!
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by gidig(m): 11:18am On Apr 05, 2008
I have tried not to get into this Asa argument but I truly think that Asa is unique.  This thread has nothing to do with her but I need to reiterate what was ssaidearlier. No one will really invent music again;we all build on what others haver done. If we do our work well, we will be good but when you are intelligent and fail to do the creative work necessary to be good, then something is wrong.

lLuca you said Asa is like Tracy Chapman and I ddisagreewith you. The fact that she wears dreadlocks and carries a box guitar does not make her music sound like Tracy's. If you had said India Irie or Erika Badhu (even some strain of Bob Marley) which she admits, I'd agree with you but Tracy. No!! Musically, Tracy does not have the soul that these artistes have. Her vvoicepattern is also different.

And I do hope no one is trying to compare Asa with the subjects of this thread. Like someone said, do not ccomparedeep sleep with death.

I am alarmed that this discourse has gone on for this long. I am amused by it all and almost afraid at the iimpacton the reputation of the young men, who should have showed some tact. They are in the business of music not awards.

Is it not even funny that the Artiste that got the most awards was not at the show to receive the awards? That should be instructive for P-Square and their brother. while they are fighting and defending their position here in Naija, Asa is busy packing halls in Europe and doing her primary business. Even if she had not won any award or nomination, she would not have minded or noticed.

That is the real lesson. Awards are subjective. They have always been. That is where P-Square got it wrong. Especially in an award they swept the previous year.

To their brother, what he should be doing now is called D.A. damage Assessment. It is too late to deny the comment and it is spreading so fast to erode the value of the duo. Let them move on please!!!! It is getting very boring and childish now!!! PPeoplemay have formed their opinion about them.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 12:04pm On Apr 05, 2008
I am alarmed that this discourse has gone on for this long. I am amused by it all and almost afraid at the iimpacton the reputation of the young men, who should have showed some tact. They are in the business of music not awards.

Is it not even funny that the Artiste that got the most awards was not at the show to receive the awards? That should be instructive for P-Square and their brother. while they are fighting and defending their position here in Naija, Asa is busy packing halls in Europe and doing her primary business. Even if she had not won any award or nomination, she would not have minded or noticed.

That is the real lesson. Awards are subjective. They have always been. That is where P-Square got it wrong. Especially in an award they swept the previous year.

To their brother, what he should be doing now is called D.A. damage Assessment. It is too late to deny the comment and it is spreading so fast to erode the value of the duo. Let them move on please!!!! It is getting very boring and childish now!!! PPeoplemay have formed their opinion about them.

i agree with you on that,guess its misplaced priorities, started by the likes of kenny and d1 with more emphasis on hype than real talent
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by powerofmap(m): 3:50pm On Apr 06, 2008
But na waoh Luca see conversation wey we start small small lots of ppl now picked interest dats coool.As for Asa men make una forget she popular die to ppl that listen to real music no just do me kind of music.

@wolexf record sales? do you know lots of ppl more than two Asa cds to share with friends?
Acceptance who tell you say ppl no accept Asa?
Asa is a newface mind you? so just give her chance and you will be suprised.
Bros try read all post and you go understand better.

Luca which way now? been busy that why all this past me but am back now. grin(Additect to Nairaland)
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 06, 2008
Face it guys - there's nothing to that do me video. The girls couldn't even move, except one. The song is just very catchy, plus we all already have a mentality about p square. Styleeee all the way.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by tosinadeda: 3:59pm On Apr 06, 2008
Hypocrites thats wut y'all are!
How can stylee be better dan do me?
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2008
@powerofmap i dey my brother,i guess so many people have strong and divergent views on both p square and stylee smiley
true asa is talented and i guess she still has much more to offer,i just hope she puts more africaness and originality into her music
there is fire on the moutain is just a nursery rhyme so i dont see much to the lyrics, the video is on point and good production but i guess she ll improve with time
its always funny when u see jimmy jatt just messn with the decks when doing the stylee and im thinking wtf!!!!lolsort of like one man band i prefer the do me video tho ,having gone back to check out the two since this thread was started
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by tosinadeda: 6:24pm On Apr 06, 2008
Fire on the mountain is just a nursery sch rhyme! Jeez
thats jst the chorus,wut hapnd to d body of the song?
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 7:19pm On Apr 06, 2008
tosinadeda:

Fire on the mountain is just a nursery sch rhyme! Jeez
thats jst the chorus,what hapnd to d body of the song?

you r right,i stand corrected and i withdraw my comments but i still think she is not unique and doesnt have that much of an appeal cutting across the whole spectrum of society but i have to say her lyrics are deep and she is talented

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

T I D - Siamini ( Sweet Tanzanian R'n'B/Pop) / Best Female Rapper / Hallowmace Communications Acquires Radio Broadcasting License From NBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.