Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,257 members, 7,891,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:01 AM

The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt (8997 Views)

The Injustice Buhari Did To The Genius Of UNILAG - Punch / The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings / Gej Is Weak And Disgrace To Ijaw By Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by BlackPikiN(m): 1:35am On Mar 18, 2013
^^^^ How come you operate twenty user names? haba!
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Ngwakwe: 4:58am On Mar 18, 2013
It's quite unfortunate that Yorubas who I know in my work places as chest beaters are trying to hide and deny their character over the internet.

When I was working with Unilever, a Yoruba Corper (a graduate of Mech. Engineering with no useful knowledge in those days) who came for induction categorically said and I quote "no matter the academic qualification and class of an Igbo man in this company, he must not head one of the most important departments as they are reserved for Yorubas by default" unquote.

I was shocked by at the confidence the corper spoke and wondered on the source of his information.

I pity these Nairalanders who want to tell the Igbos who they should be to be generally acceptable. We are relentless hardworking human specie, and hardworking brings success.

If Yorubas (majority civil and public servants)who confidently use juju in companies for both promotion and protection) are not defined by that, I don't see why Igbos should be defined by the character of few miscreants among the Igbos.

The summary of this whole struggle in Nigeria is about the principle of preservation.

The North has dominated politics and want it preserved.
The West has dominated industries and public service (white collar jobs) and want it preserved.
The East is seen as dominating trade and commerce and at the same time want to venture into politics and industries.
Other Ethnic minorities are divided furnished with lies on why the Igbos are dangerous.

The extra ambition of the Igbos is the crux of the matter in today's Nigeria, it is widely discussed and it fuels the resentment among other things.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 6:22am On Mar 18, 2013
shymexx: I've been on nl for about a year now, and from my observation on nl - and reading different Nigerian news outlets only... I noticed Igbos are the most maligned ethnic group in Nigeria... Maybe, only Fulanis and Northern muslims also get maligned like Igbos but it's to a lesser extent - and the reason is understandable... However, as for Igbos, I still don't know why everyone allegedly "hates" them and why negative energy follows them everywhere...

Maybe, it's high time Igbos started looking at the "man" in the mirror and start taking responsibilities for their own actions... I don't know but this is getting too much, to be honest... Or are Igbos really Hebrews/Jews and the lost tribe of Israel This is becoming worrisome and problematic...

I'll like to have a conversation with honest Igbos about the background story of this negative energy and hatred they attract to themselves - this is what your Eze should be doing...

You wrote like a neutral observer which gave me the feeling that you are not a Nigerian. I am Igbo with links to non-Igbos. My grandmother is Ijaw, my sister is married to a Yoruba while my mother is Rivers. I grew up with my mother's family and experienced a lot of things. A lot of Igbos do not know how others feel about them. When I tell my cousins that Ikwerre and Igbo are one, their mind goes to land grab instead of language and culture that prompted the statement. They can't even give a single example of where Igbos forcefully took over their land, however I have come to understand that Igbos are the only people that buy land indiscriminately wherever they find themselves thereby giving the natives a false impression of an Igbo invasion.

The solution to all these is to stop buying people's land. Let us rent the shops and the houses while we invest anywhere Igbo is tolerated. Igbos are getting along better with Ibibio people because they are like Igbos and migrate out of their land owing to population pressure but the difference is that they don't buy up people's land in such a manner that suggests an invasion.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 18, 2013
manny4life:

Read the statement again, then come back with your comment. Besides, go and get the definition of "MIDDLE CLASS" income earners, till then, no comment for you.

Ok pls tell us your definition of middle class and their income category, I'm willing to learn.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by TonySpike: 8:37am On Mar 18, 2013
Abagworo:

The topic itself proves that everything is wrong with buying. Is it only Igbos that trade in the market? Some of the Yorubas/Hausas/Efiks/Ijaws could be richer but still chose to rent instead of buying up. Imagine where a town market like "Nkwor Nnewi" gets burnt and after Nnewi North LGA finished the re-construction, Okrika people will come out with 1983 documents claiming to have bought "Nkwor Nnewi" from the natives.

I must confess that these days, your contributions have been very educative and constructive. Is this the new Abagworo?
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Ngwakwe: 9:26am On Mar 18, 2013
This is the most ridiculous statement I have seen on this thread.

You have been affected with greed hence you can exclusively declare internationally recognized business of Real Estate as problematic.

I am from Aba, my people have sold their lands to both Igbos, Efik, Ibibio and Yorubas and nobody will or is trying to do something stu.pid as the community is ever ready to bounce on our henchmen that try such shameful practices.

All those days Ariaria market got burnt, no ethnicity ever loosed their shop allocation. Quote me anywhere.

Real Estate Business is a great investment anywhere, any-day except where greed and envy are part of the culture of the host community.

Abagworo:

The topic itself proves that everything is wrong with buying. Is it only Igbos that trade in the market? Some of the Yorubas/Hausas/Efiks/Ijaws could be richer but still chose to rent instead of buying up. Imagine where a town market like "Nkwor Nnewi" gets burnt and after Nnewi North LGA finished the re-construction, Okrika people will come out with 1983 documents claiming to have bought "Nkwor Nnewi" from the natives.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by ijawcitizen(m): 9:28am On Mar 18, 2013
dayokanu: These whiners are back

Whats happening to the SouthSouth-SouthEast alliance?

I laff in 98% votes

Really?
When was this "alliance" formed?
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Ngwakwe: 9:34am On Mar 18, 2013
Had GEJ been Igbo from predominant South East, I know Ijaws will surely boycott him.

Igbos are ever ready to forgive and make amends where possible.

Obi-akpors

ijaw citizen:

Really?
When was this "alliance" formed?

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by pacioti: 3:37pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ngwakwe: It's quite unfortunate that Yorubas who I know in my work places as chest beaters are trying to hide and deny their character over the internet.

When I was working with Unilever, a Yoruba Corper (a graduate of Mech. Engineering with no useful knowledge in those days) who came for induction categorically said and I quote "no matter the academic qualification and class of an Igbo man in this company, he must not head one of the most important departments as they are reserved for Yorubas by default" unquote.

I was shocked by at the confidence the corper spoke and wondered on the source of his information.

I pity these Nairalanders who want to tell the Igbos who they should be to be generally acceptable. We are relentless hardworking human specie, and hardworking brings success.

If Yorubas (majority civil and public servants)who confidently use juju in companies for both promotion and protection) are not defined by that, I don't see why Igbos should be defined by the character of few miscreants among the Igbos.

The summary of this whole struggle in Nigeria is about the principle of preservation.

The North has dominated politics and want it preserved.
The West has dominated industries and public service (white collar jobs) and want it preserved.
The East is seen as dominating trade and commerce and at the same time want to venture into politics and industries.
Other Ethnic minorities are divided furnished with lies on why the Igbos are dangerous.

The extra ambition of the Igbos is the crux of the matter in today's Nigeria, it is widely discussed and it fuels the resentment among other things.

classical
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by dayokanu(m): 3:44pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ngwakwe: Had GEJ been Igbo from predominant South East, I know Ijaws will surely boycott him.

Igbos are ever ready to forgive and make amends where possible.

Obi-akpors

Like the prostitute analogy Shagari made. A people ever ready to sell themselves to the next bidder
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by cfours: 4:27pm On Mar 18, 2013

Isn't it funny how you mention the U.S. and U.K, what do you think drive the U.S. economy? Large businesses like Walmart who try that contribute (revenue wise) to their company with little taxes and max of 50,000 employees or thousands of SMALL BUSINESS like small business owner, U.S. Dept of Labor classifies small business as those with up to 25 employees and make no more than $1million. I'll leave you to answer that question, then come back with your thoughts. Though the large companies make up about 70% of the revenues, their contribution (from taxes, to employment, community, et al) to the economy is meager. Quote me on it.

ignorant manny,
US economy is driven in large part by large businesses. not "petty traders" anybody can own a petty business and infact choose not to do so because its more profitable to work for a coorporation/ industry. In fact, mass entrepreneurship is very low in the USA and has been since the industrial age. those who don't have the opportunities (ex immigrants, foreigners, unemployed etc) tend to be the ones who take the risk to open shop/ work under the table etc and a few get lucky and make it big. very very few. you will see the same pattern in most countries. China is a world power now because it smartened up and opened mass factories. the last thing it is doing is encouraging so called "petty business" rotfl
you sound like you live under a cave. esp with the ignorant statement about middle class being created by "small businesses" LOL more like working class.
go and read newspapers, get educated on the economy and then come back to me.

spare part dealer feeling funky.
infact if you mention the world "trader" in the USA, most people will think you are talking about stock market. trade is mostly on large scale level in developed countries and that's why they are developed in the first place!! even their farms are industrial!
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by yarodin: 5:12pm On Mar 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Like the prostitute analogy Shagari made. A people ever ready to sell themselves to the next bidder

LOL, common now we all know who the political prostitutes are. I will give you a clue, they love "oyel" soup well well.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by cfours: 5:25pm On Mar 18, 2013
yarodin:

LOL, common now we all know who the political prostitutes are.

why are you exposing yourself as a prostitute. Guess you are very high on dog-meat soup.

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by dayokanu(m): 5:33pm On Mar 18, 2013
yarodin:

LOL, common now we all know who the political prostitutes are. I will give you a clue, they love "oyel" soup well well.

The poster above has responded to you properly with reference
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by yarodin: 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
dayokanu:

The poster above has responded to you properly with reference

You call that crap reference? Accept your title with pride, Hausa/Fulani's houseboy.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by dayokanu(m): 6:25pm On Mar 18, 2013
yarodin:

You call that crap reference? Accept your title with pride, Hausa/Fulani's houseboy.

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 6:26pm On Mar 18, 2013
c.fours:

ignorant manny,
US economy is driven in large part by large businesses. not "petty traders" anybody can own a petty business and infact choose not to do so because its more profitable to work for a coorporation/ industry. In fact, mass entrepreneurship is very low in the USA and has been since the industrial age. those who don't have the opportunities (ex immigrants, foreigners, unemployed etc) tend to be the ones who take the risk to open shop/ work under the table etc and a few get lucky and make it big. very very few. you will see the same pattern in most countries. China is a world power now because it smartened up and opened mass factories. the last thing it is doing is encouraging so called "petty business" rotfl
you sound like you live under a cave. esp with the ignorant statement about middle class being created by "small businesses" LOL more like working class.

infact if you mention the world "trader" in the USA, most people will think you are talking about stock market. trade is mostly on large scale level in developed countries and that's why they are developed in the first place!! even their farms are industrial!

What exactly is your point? Are you arguing that the US economy is not driven by small businesses?
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 6:33pm On Mar 18, 2013
this is a simple complex equation.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by yarodin: 6:36pm On Mar 18, 2013
Abagworo:

What exactly is your point? Are you arguing that the US economy is not driven by small businesses?

LOL, my brother why you wasting your time with these fools? They make fun of spare parts, okrika etc, but can they state one business they are running? Let them keep clowning, but when they need parts or clothes na Igboman shop they will stop by.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by yarodin: 6:38pm On Mar 18, 2013
dayokanu:

At least that Igboman must collect hin own share. You guys are unpaid labour to Hausa/Fulani.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by manny4life(m): 7:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
c.fours:

ignorant manny,

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
US economy is driven in part by LARGE BUSINESS cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy but you fail to tell us how so..lol My question to you, and you've been unable to answer. Let's try this again, another example, you have a Walmart store (Corp.) that makes revenues of $40million annually and 40small business with revenue of $1million annually. Same size of revenue, equate their economic contribution - Jobs, Wage, Tax revenues, Social and Community benefits, encouraging local production and what have you. A Walmart store has tops 60 to 80 employees and small businesses that have at least 3 employees, which do you think contribute more to the economy? Don't forget to add small business pay about 15% more than their corporate counterparts like Walmart (source US DOL), I'll let you figure out the rest... That statement exposes your ignorance further, more reasons why few states in the U.S. have rejected large companies like Walmart in their cities, or even state in general...

Perhaps, my advice is you consult the Dept of Commerce, they should have some good archive of number of Small Business Owners that have commenced business (thx to the Obama Administration). Next is Dept of Labor, I mean they have records Registered Small Business Hiring vs Large Corporate, and finally Dept of Treasury - IRS. This is tax season, several millions of SBO's AND MBO's will be filling taxes now, I'm sure they won't surprise us with details - how many million of businesses + tax brackets paid to the FG vs their corporate counterpart...LOL

Why do you think the talk of American Economy revolves around SBO's ? cheesy

You talk about China, have you EVER traveled to China? Lol at "that it opened Mass factories" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy this just shows you have no clue or idea on China or it's business...Talk about ignorance at it's peak, or should I say HIGH CLASS IGNORANCE. Anyone who's been to China or involved in China trade knows that Small and Midsize businesses are the one that take up LARGE, and I mean LARGE chunks of China's economy. If I want to order say a TV, there are more than 300 suppliers of same or similar products, hence competitive pricing, I guess China govt opened more than 10million SBO's in China, the govt opened them all undecided undecided LOL at MASS FACTORIES.. cheesy cheesy

Goodness gracious, you're staggeringly ignorant...LOL, There's a difference between Middle class and Working class, don't get it twisted... A major determinant of ALL classes is INCOME LEVELS. For you to claim that SBO or Small Business Owners in America are Working Class when a LARGE portion of them make within the income bracket of Middle Class earners is not ONLY ignorant but foolissh.

My sincere advice for you is, rather than come online and spew hate, GO BACK and read harder. They sell Spare Parts, so what? In an organized society, they would have had an accountant, a retained attorney, consultant, few employees doing several stuff. Was it Negro_ntns who claimed that Yoruba Oil companies made more than the entire Ladipo, and when I told him to chill for a second, if we're to go by the N100billion claim by Ladipo traders vs Yoruba Oil companies, Ladipo traders (150 of them) made 5x their their corporate counterpart. I will find the post shortly and post it. Lol, I guess the Ladipo, ASPAMDA, all of them are all "PETTY TRADERS", lol, yet CBN released that Anambra and Abia (two of of five states) are the top five money movers. I guess if they move such monies and they are petty trading, GOD BLESS THEIR HUSTLE when they turn to be large super sized business...

Oh btw, let me put it that I've not claimed Large businesses are not contributing, that will be entirely false to say so, but Small and Medium enterprises, in a sane society are the ones who drives the economy because they encourage local distribution of WEALTH and resources.

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 7:42pm On Mar 18, 2013
@manny4life. You need to ignore the illiterate who knows nothing about economics. I thought his line of argument would be on the relevance of trading and service delivery which forms a bulk of small businesses in Nigeria.

Meanwhile this site gives all the info http://www.sba.gov/content/what-sbas-definition-small-business-concern
SBA defines a small business concern as one that is independently owned and operated, is organized for profit, and is not dominant in its field. Depending on the industry, size standard eligibility is based on the average number of employees for the preceding twelve months or on sales volume averaged over a three-year period. Examples of SBA general size standards include the following:

Manufacturing: Maximum number of employees may range from 500 to 1500, depending on the type of product manufactured;
   Wholesaling: Maximum number of employees may range from 100 to 500 depending on the particular product being provided;
    Services: Annual receipts may not exceed $2.5 to $21.5 million, depending on the particular service being provided;
    Retailing: Annual receipts may not exceed $5.0 to $21.0 million, depending on the particular product being provided;
    General and Heavy Construction: General construction annual receipts may not exceed $13.5 to $17 million, depending on the type of construction;
    Special Trade Construction: Annual receipts may not exceed $7 million; and
    Agriculture: Annual receipts may not exceed $0.5 to $9.0 million, depending on the agricultural product.

http://www.mbda.gov/node/408

At the 2009 Minority Business Summit, U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke explained that the Minority Business Development Agency aims to grow the number of small businesses in ethnic communities to reflect the country’s changing demographics. This could lead to the creation of 16 million jobs, $2.5 trillion in annual revenue and $100 billion in tax income, reports the China Press. Representing 99.7 percent of all business, small business is the backbone of the U.S. economy , the newspaper reports.

1 Like

Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by manny4life(m): 7:46pm On Mar 18, 2013
Abagworo: @manny4life. You need to ignore the illiterate who knows nothing about economics. I thought his line of argument would be on the relevance of trading and service delivery which forms a bulk of small businesses in Nigeria.

Meanwhile this site gives all the info http://www.sba.gov/content/what-sbas-definition-small-business-concern
SBA defines a small business concern as one that is independently owned and operated, is organized for profit, and is not dominant in its field. Depending on the industry, size standard eligibility is based on the average number of employees for the preceding twelve months or on sales volume averaged over a three-year period. Examples of SBA general size standards include the following:

Manufacturing: Maximum number of employees may range from 500 to 1500, depending on the type of product manufactured;
   Wholesaling: Maximum number of employees may range from 100 to 500 depending on the particular product being provided;
    Services: Annual receipts may not exceed $2.5 to $21.5 million, depending on the particular service being provided;
    Retailing: Annual receipts may not exceed $5.0 to $21.0 million, depending on the particular product being provided;
    General and Heavy Construction: General construction annual receipts may not exceed $13.5 to $17 million, depending on the type of construction;
    Special Trade Construction: Annual receipts may not exceed $7 million; and
    Agriculture: Annual receipts may not exceed $0.5 to $9.0 million, depending on the agricultural product.

http://www.mbda.gov/node/408

At the 2009 Minority Business Summit, U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke explained that the Minority Business Development Agency aims to grow the number of small businesses in ethnic communities to reflect the country’s changing demographics. This could lead to the creation of 16 million jobs, $2.5 trillion in annual revenue and $100 billion in tax income, reports the China Press. Representing 99.7 percent of all business, small business is the backbone of the U.S. economy , the newspaper reports.

This was KNOCKOUT... I was expecting him to do his homework. A lot of people can argue ignorantly.

Even me sef, I'm no longer current, lol... Me think say na $2.5million be the max... LOL, bros THANK YOU

Let him continue HATING.. cool
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by djon78(m): 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2013
manny4life:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
US economy is driven in part by LARGE BUSINESS cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy but you fail to tell us how so..lol My question to you, and you've been unable to answer. Let's try this again, another example, you have a Walmart store (Corp.) that makes revenues of $40million annually and 40small business with revenue of $1million annually. Same size of revenue, equate their economic contribution - Jobs, Wage, Tax revenues, Social and Community benefits, encouraging local production and what have you. A Walmart store has tops 60 to 80 employees and small businesses that have at least 3 employees, which do you think contribute more to the economy? Don't forget to add small business pay about 15% more than their corporate counterparts like Walmart (source US DOL), I'll let you figure out the rest... That statement exposes your ignorance further, more reasons why few states in the U.S. have rejected large companies like Walmart in their cities, or even state in general...

Perhaps, my advice is you consult the Dept of Commerce, they should have some good archive of number of Small Business Owners that have commenced business (thx to the Obama Administration). Next is Dept of Labor, I mean they have records Registered Small Business Hiring vs Large Corporate, and finally Dept of Treasury - IRS. This is tax season, several millions of SBO's AND MBO's will be filling taxes now, I'm sure they won't surprise us with details - how many million of businesses + tax brackets paid to the FG vs their corporate counterpart...LOL

Why do you think the talk of American Economy revolves around SBO's ? cheesy

You talk about China, have you EVER traveled to China? Lol at "that it opened Mass factories" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy this just shows you have no clue or idea on China or it's business...Talk about ignorance at it's peak, or should I say HIGH CLASS IGNORANCE. Anyone who's been to China or involved in China trade knows that Small and Midsize businesses are the one that take up LARGE, and I mean LARGE chunks of China's economy. If I want to order say a TV, there are more than 300 suppliers of same or similar products, hence competitive pricing, I guess China govt opened more than 10million SBO's in China, the govt opened them all undecided undecided LOL at MASS FACTORIES.. cheesy cheesy

Goodness gracious, you're staggeringly ignorant...LOL, There's a difference between Middle class and Working class, don't get it twisted... A major determinant of ALL classes is INCOME LEVELS. For you to claim that SBO or Small Business Owners in America are Working Class when a LARGE portion of them make within the income bracket of Middle Class earners is not ONLY ignorant but foolissh.

My sincere advice for you is, rather than come online and spew hate, GO BACK and read harder. They sell Spare Parts, so what? In an organized society, they would have had an accountant, a retained attorney, consultant, few employees doing several stuff. Was it Negro_ntns who claimed that Yoruba Oil companies made more than the entire Ladipo, and when I told him to chill for a second, if we're to go by the N100billion claim by Ladipo traders vs Yoruba Oil companies, Ladipo traders (150 of them) made 5x their their corporate counterpart. I will find the post shortly and post it. Lol, I guess the Ladipo, ASPAMDA, all of them are all "PETTY TRADERS", lol, yet CBN released that Anambra and Abia (two of of five states) are the top five money movers. I guess if they move such monies and they are petty trading, GOD BLESS THEIR HUSTLE when they turn to be large super sized business...

Oh btw, let me put it that I've not claimed Large businesses are not contributing, that will be entirely false to say so, but Small and Medium enterprises, in a sane society are the ones who drives the economy because they encourage local distribution of WEALTH and resources.

Dude you know your onions wella. I keep on saying it majority of so called educated folks here in naija are not smart and unintelligent. We hear of the emerging economies like china, india, brazil, singapore, mexico, malaysia etc the secret of their economic rise is simply Small scale and medium enterprise SME, not multinationals even the same with US.

Do they know that anybody earning 75k a month in naija has falled into the lowest segment of the middle. I remeber mckinsey a world reputable resarch group brought out a report on Africa tageed Africa on the rise, that report stated that Africa has 200million middle class which is an indicator that shows that a large number of people with income to be served that is why so many companies that did nt want anything to do with Africa are rushing to establish here. And from that report middle class is anyone that earns $ 7000 equivalent anually
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by djon78(m): 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
I mean from $7k upward
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 18, 2013
This guy called Dayokanu needs to get a life
I am sorry for the future of your kids
Thats all I got to say
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by confusion247(m): 9:32pm On Mar 18, 2013
Just because of hatred for the GREAT IGBOS, yorubas have derailed this topic and failed to condemn evil because IGBOS were involved, this is evidence of One Nigeria as prescribed by Gowon and Awolowo.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by confusion247(m): 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2013
otokx:

we will not sell our inheritance, if they can't rent then they should move on.

alj harem:

Gbammmmmmmmmm God bless you man !!!

Both of you should have a rethink before your deluded celebrations. If what you have as your inheritance is a burnt down market, you are empty. Ask your ancestors what did they achieve from the abandoned property take over? Since after that, are you people better than the GREAT IGBOS? This is my advice for both of you, be hardworking and industrious like every average IGBO man.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by aljharem(m): 10:17pm On Mar 18, 2013
confusion247:

Both of you should have a rethink before your deluded celebrations. If what you have as your inheritance is a burnt down market, you are empty. Ask your ancestors what did they achieve from the abandoned property take over? Since after that, are you people better than the GREAT IGBOS? This is my advice for both of you, be hardworking and industrious like every average IGBO man.

My ancestor never took anything from anybody and we never experienced any abandon property in Lagos. Don't forget we indigenous Lagosians are yorubas and as such, we are not driven by greed or lust for any vanity but driven by equality and accountability.

We are hardworking and industrious and that explains why every single major company in Nigeria has their HQ in the west apart from Lagos inculding nestle, PZ, P and G, etc are all in Ogun state. More banks and companies are being formed daily by Yorubas and that is why out of envy some of you think Yorubas dominates the white collar job market.

If that is not resourcefulness and hardwork through humility and level plan ground, then what is ?
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 19, 2013
Credit should be given where it is due

In the last 48hrs Mayor of Port Harcourt addressed the traders at New Layout Market, Borikiri PH reassuring them that going forward the re-allocation will be fair and priority will be given to those who previously have shops in the market before the fire. He said it is necessary to do this because we are all Nierians.

He went on to point out that former occupants may not in every case get back the number shops they had. I think this is progress.

Surely some former occupants will loose some shops, and some new shop owners will emerge. This is life. But what is unacceptable is a wholesale and brazen marginalisation of Igbos based on where they come from eventhough they have documents showing that they used to own shops in the market. That will be a disgrace in 2013 Nigeria!

This is the kind of strong headed forthrightness I have come to expect from Governor Chibuike Amaechi. The process will not be perfect and all will not be satisfied but outright inhumanity must be rejected.
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by dayokanu(m): 9:23pm On Mar 19, 2013
mikeansy: This guy called Dayokanu needs to get a life
Thats all I got to say

You should worry more about you and your generations to come
Re: The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt by confusion247(m): 11:15pm On Mar 19, 2013
mikeansy:
This guy called Dayokanu needs to get a life
Thats all I got to say
Don't worry, you've said it all, but the problem is that you are talking to a fool that will never take your advice.

dayokanu:

You should worry more about you and your generations to come
Don't worry about him and his generations because he has taken care of them and he has done the right things required of him so that his generations don't have a low and pathetic life like the one you have now. Just implement his advice and get a life. i think that's simple.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

An Apology For "Muslims Praying For Allah To Destroy Buhari's Government: Video" / Northern Leaders, Elite’s Silence Encourage Forceful Abductions, Child Marriage / SSS Invades Channels Tv

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.