Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,501 members, 7,968,359 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 05:29 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (605208 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2013
Onye oma:

Exactly what I'm saying...when are you resuming ur studies
January, 2014 sir!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 16, 2013
Please if there is anybody in the house who just got a TRV for UG studies help me with a list of documents you submitted. Bless y'all fam.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 10:52pm On Jun 16, 2013
'Don Siga'.. there's a nice ring to that grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2013
movein: January, 2014 sir!

Its most likely you'll be leaving Naija for Canny by december...and by then ur passport will remain only 3 months to expire against 2 years multiple entry...how possible do you think the VO will attend to such a passport

Take on the stress once and for all...you can submit 1st week of july...ur still among the earliest to submit provided you submit anytime in july...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 10:56pm On Jun 16, 2013
movein: Hello house!

My passport will expire in 8 months time and am storming CDHC this Friday.. I hope the number of months left on my passport won't affect my visa application.. goin for a 2yr programme

Thanks

Can you possibly renew first?? When do you intend to resume?

Edit: Onye Oma beat me.. go with his..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 11:18pm On Jun 16, 2013
kenniy:

Can you possibly renew first?? When do you intend to resume?

Edit: Onye Oma beat me.. go with his..

@kenniy and @Onye oma.. I don't know if i can renew my passport before it expires.. I am a little bit confused.. I have a valid United states visa on it and the passport will expire before the visa expires.. Why dem no think am like dat for yankee emnassy?? Just wondering! How do i get started if i wanna renew?? This wahala too much o!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:45pm On Jun 16, 2013
movein:

@kenniy and @Onye oma.. I don't know if i can renew my passport before it expires.. I am a little bit confused.. I have a valid United states visa on it and the passport will expire before the visa expires.. Why dem no think am like dat for yankee emnassy?? Just wondering! How do i get started if i wanna renew?? This wahala too much o!

Notin spoil bro.... They won't collect your old passport frm you....you'll av both wit you.

Btw....study visa is diff frm visit Visa.

I heard sumtin like your case @ VFS....their was a lady wit a passport dat wud xpire in 7 months. She was advised to renew it first..the VFS guy said if one have a valid canada study visa, n your passport expires b4 it. You'll have to come bak home to reapply for the visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 11:47pm On Jun 16, 2013
movein:

I only pointed this out based on the experience some pple have had on this forum in the past...

I hope that by tomorrow, the more experienced guys on this issue will contribute their ideas and direct you how to go about it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchechuwku: 1:38am On Jun 17, 2013
Onye oma:

I only pointed this out based on the experience some pple have had on this forum in the past...

I hope that by tomorrow, the more experienced guys on this issue will contribute their ideas and direct you how to go about it.
D guy with 8months left on his passport.
Since yu're resuming by January.
I'd advise you to wait till, first week in August to renew yur PP
Immigration wld renew a passport that has 6months or less for it to expire (without you going to abuja) and you can collect it same day.
Then proceed to VAC and submit both d Old and new passport (old one to show travel history)
That's all
Even on the check list, it was stated that "submit a passport that will cover the length of your study cos VO wldn't issue visa more than the expiry date of your PP" (I think its on d study permit app made outside of canada's instruction)
So, that's it. Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 7:03am On Jun 17, 2013
Bro that's wrong..u'll only need to renew ur passport if you plan to leave canada,and bro u can only renew ur passport in lagos or any other state if ur passport has less than 6 months on it for the normal 17k-18k but if u got more than 6months like ur case 8 months,u could only renew in abuja and bro its gonna be like twice or 3x the normal fee.. And one more this for them thing the passport would be stamped "canceled" note there is a trick to save u from delay or to much expenses,if u got very few pages left on ur passport say 2-3 pages then u could do u self a favor and go to coutonou that's if ur in lagos and cross like 2x then ur passport would be filled up,only then can u renew ur passport instantly in any state for the normal fee..the thing is abuja immigration is the only immigration that can renew a passport that has more than 6months validity,other states can only renew passport with less than 6 months or if the passport has been filled up...
dommakavelli:

Notin spoil bro.... They won't collect your old passport frm you....you'll av both wit you.

Btw....study visa is diff frm visit Visa.

I heard sumtin like your case @ VFS....their was a lady wit a passport dat wud xpire in 7 months. She was advised to renew it first..the VFS guy said if one have a valid canada study visa, n your passport expires b4 it. You'll have to come bak home to reapply for the visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 7:07am On Jun 17, 2013
Bro when i went to vac ikeja with such inquiry was told they cant issue visa beyond ur passport validity,so if u got 2months after ur resumption then that what u'l get..
uchechuwku:
D guy with 8months left on his passport.
Since yu're resuming by January.
I'd advise you to wait till, first week in August to renew yur PP
Immigration wld renew a passport that has 6months or less for it to expire (without you going to abuja) and you can collect it same day.
Then proceed to VAC and submit both d Old and new passport (old one to show travel history)
That's all
Even on the check list, it was stated that "submit a passport that will cover the length of your study cos VO wldn't issue visa more than the expiry date of your PP" (I think its on d study permit app made outside of canada's instruction)
So, that's it. Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchechuwku: 7:29am On Jun 17, 2013
Da-range:
Bro when i went to vac ikeja with such inquiry was told they cant issue visa beyond ur passport validity,so if u got 2months after ur resumption then that what u'l get..

It is stated on the instruction for "applications for study permit made outside of canada"
Well, crossing to coutonou, Benin is another trick if he stays in Lagos
Just cross twice and make sure all empty pages of your passport are stamped. Then you can at any immigration office in nigeria for the normal fee.
and it's not ILLEGAL (NB: Justwise, before he go hide ma post again)
Then. You can submit both the old and new passport at VAC
Or you wait till august when you'll have 6 months left on your passport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by oreroyce(m): 8:06am On Jun 17, 2013
Meyson:

That's cool! What course?? UG?
Biochemistry.....U?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:28am On Jun 17, 2013
adonai36:

Please check your inbox.

Btw please reply my post.

Thanks.

Good morning Adonai,
What class of visa did you get cos I am just wondering if my visa stamp is different as it reads MULTIPLE S - 1 STUDENT and besides, nothing was said regarding getting a permit at the point of entry. For those who have their TRV, what class is written on it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:33am On Jun 17, 2013
blackedwin: My wife just returned from the uk with an msc in process system engineering(merit),she wishes to go for phd environmental engineering in Canada,I need help on university with low tuition ,area of low cost of leaving,how to go about the application and visa process.pls note she will be going with our 2 kids.look forward to favorable replies

I will suggest you advise her to research on the schools herself and then select whichever one suites her most. On the website for the program/ graduate school of whichever school/program she is applying to, she would get all the information she needs. Regarding tuition, if she packages her application well, hopefully, she would get sustainable funding at least for herself at that level.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 9:22am On Jun 17, 2013
Happy new week my gud pple, i pray dis week shal b filled wit more gudnews for us all. Dis is ma 7th wks of submision, hopfuly expectin 2gt my medical invite dis vry week or nxt. Thou i put evrytin in Jah's hands. D fact is dt ma aplication contains some errors which dis forum hs hlped mi to discovered. I pray dt the VO wil nt give attention to those errors.
I wish evryone d best as wi awaits our medical invite and trv.....God bless us all!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tebenezer: 9:31am On Jun 17, 2013
ceo mr ca$h:
Happy new week my gud pple, i pray dis week shal b filled wit more gudnews for us all. Dis is ma 7th wks of submision, hopfuly expectin 2gt my medical invite dis vry week or nxt. Thou i put evrytin in Jah's hands. D fact is dt ma aplication contains some errors which dis forum hs hlped mi to discovered. I pray dt the VO wil nt give attention to those errors.
I wish evryone d best as wi awaits our medical invite and trv.....God bless us all!

Wishing you and all others the best bro.....My application is going to 3weeks now..Patiently praying and hoping for the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 17, 2013
oreroyce:
Biochemistry.....U?
computer science...have u applied for your TRV?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by accra2005: 10:25am On Jun 17, 2013
tolulopepeter:

That puts my mind at rest a little...i will go there today or tommorrow...i will let the house know whatever they say..I believe our testimonies are on the way(Amen).

Any news from your end?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teapea8484(m): 10:30am On Jun 17, 2013
ceo mr ca$h:

Bro good morning , pleas what are the errors on ur application ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by accra2005: 10:37am On Jun 17, 2013
@all
i submitted my application on 2nd April. No news till now. What can i do now? any suggestion pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:30am On Jun 17, 2013
ceo mr ca$h:

God go do am

BTW, what errors
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:32am On Jun 17, 2013
GboyegaD: Good morning Adonai,
What class of visa did you get cos I am just wondering if my visa stamp is different as it reads MULTIPLE S - 1 STUDENT and besides, nothing was said regarding getting a permit at the point of entry. For those who have their TRV, what class is written on it.

On ur passport is just a multiple entry TRV for you to enter Canada. At the point of entry, you would be issued a study permit...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teapea8484(m): 12:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
uchechuwku:

It is stated on the instruction for "applications for study permit made outside of canada"
Well, crossing to coutonou, Benin is another trick if he stays in Lagos
Just cross twice and make sure all empty pages of your passport are stamped. Then you can at any immigration office in nigeria for the normal fee.
and it's not ILLEGAL (NB: Justwise, before he go hide ma post again)
Then. You can submit both the old and new passport at VAC
Or you wait till august when you'll have 6 months left on your passport.

Yes that is the great idea, all u need to do is go to coutonou, one or two times .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 1:07pm On Jun 17, 2013
earthgreeners:

God go do am

BTW, what errors

I filled in 2yrs as the duration of ma program instead of 1yr. Secondly on d space 4 "funds available 4ur stay" i filled in arond 16500CAD without addin up the normal 10000CAD. Thou i submited a statement of acct containing 7M as its closing acct. Jst dt am a bit scared, don knw hw d VO wil lok @dis errors.
Wel i hope 4d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
earthgreeners:

On ur passport is just a multiple entry TRV for you to enter Canada. At the point of entry, you would be issued a study permit...

**DELETED**
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
GboyegaD:

**DELETED**

Meaning?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jorrey(m): 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
Hello everyone, I'm new on nairaland but i've read thru this thread from 1-4, however i have a quick question
I have submitted my documents at vac for a month now and i have paid 60% tution for niagara college for my course HRM, but i'm no more interested as i have other pressing needs and interests, i want to know if i can withdraw my application and also get a refund of my tution asap. Its written on the school receipt mailed to me that the tution paid is refundable if visa is denied... pls i need an answer.

Regards

Jorrey!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 4:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
ceo mr ca$h:

I filled in 2yrs as the duration of ma program instead of 1yr. Secondly on d space 4 "funds available 4ur stay" i filled in arond 16500CAD without addin up the normal 10000CAD. Thou i submited a statement of acct containing 7M as its closing acct. Jst dt am a bit scared, don knw hw d VO wil lok @dis errors.
Wel i hope 4d best

I dont know how dis might affect ur application. I think the VO might chose to call you to clarify.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
earthgreeners:

Meaning?

I initially wrote something but later modified it. No offence meant.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by janut: 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
Congrats to all who have been called for medicals, just keep faith that you will get your TRV.
Please house kindly assist me on this:
I am in the process of submitting my documents to CDHC for winter 2014, but I am having some concern about proof of funding. I intend sponsoring myself as I have been working now for about 4 yrs, I have a loan from my bank of N2m although it is not stated as education/ student loan, just personal loan. I also have N2m as my personal savings in fixed deposit. The total cost of tuition for one yr is $6763.65(M.Sc. statistics, thesis) in U of Regina.I also intend travelling with my wife for the period. My question now is, do I still need a sponsor or am I good to go on funding aspect? All advise sincerely appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (444)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.