Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,744 members, 7,875,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:45 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (594047 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 4:32pm On Jul 08, 2013
Huzzie: @ Fall applicants....lest i forget, if you have done your medicals and you haven't heard anything from CDHC please,please and please chillax,let me share what i heard at my agency when I went to submit my docx, a guy after doing his medicals since May/June without any news from CDHC and wasnt getting satisfactory respond from the Agency, went to CDHC to request for his TRV, but because of God's love for him he was stopped by the security guard. Afterwards he came to the Agency, was told "requesting for TRV" would make the V.O angry and that he could only "enquire about his status" and not "request for TRV". I also learnt that usually TRVs are issued a month or less to resumption except for those who were ask to bring another start date.
So please try as much as you can to ease the tension and not ruin your chance yourself.

i actually wana get relaxed with this BOLD explanation (chill pill statement) lol... Well All Izz Well bro "n" sist.......

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
Huzzie: @ Fall applicants....lest i forget, if you have done your medicals and you haven't heard anything from CDHC please,please and please chillax,let me share what i heard at my agency when I went to submit my docx, a guy after doing his medicals since May/June without any news from CDHC and wasnt getting satisfactory respond from the Agency, went to CDHC to request for his TRV, but because of God's love for him he was stopped by the security guard. Afterwards he came to the Agency, was told "requesting for TRV" would make the V.O angry and that he could only "enquire about his status" and not "request for TRV". I also learnt that usually TRVs are issued a month or less to resumption except for those who were ask to bring another start date.
So please try as much as you can to ease the tension and not ruin your chance yourself.

it is well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2013
Some Chill Pill Tins.........

i_am_saheed:

i actually wana get relaxed with this BOLD explanation (chill pill statement) lol... Well All Izz Well bro "n" sist.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
Some Chill-Pill tins...........

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sowetto(m): 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2013
GboyegaD:

Where are you at and have you checked if you are eligible to apply from there?
I'm in Cyprus and I will have to come home and I apply. I will also need to get some documents from Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2013
sowetto:
I'm in Cyprus and I will have to come home and I apply. I will also need to get some documents from Nigeria.

I am sure you could start some part of the application where you are . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sowetto(m): 7:53pm On Jul 08, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I am sure you could start some part of the application where you are . . .
please What part of the application do you think I can start now? Thanks for all the feedback. You guys are more than generous
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 7:55pm On Jul 08, 2013
sowetto:
please What part of the application do you think I can start now? Thanks for all the feedback. You guys are more than generous

All the documents that is needed from Nigeria, any chance they could send them to you and you could start the process via online procedure
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sowetto(m): 8:15pm On Jul 08, 2013
Fhemmmy:

All the documents that is needed from Nigeria, any chance they could send them to you and you could start the process via online procedure
Ok. I think thats what I am going to do but is the online application effective?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 8:17pm On Jul 08, 2013
sowetto:
Ok. I think thats what I am going to do but is the online application effective?

yes, it is effective and some of the documents that you need as well, they might be able to send them to you for your use . . . all i am trying to say is, waste no time to make this happen, Canada worth it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by abbie359(f): 8:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
tebenezer:

In ma own little knowlegde, I fink you won't be breaking any rule when you take tha bold step and ask abyt ur app..... Tym aint on your syd for cry load sake.... So I say the risk is worth taking.. Plz do this n I know it will surely work for your sake IJN..

thanks, my agent said I should wait till i am called but on the day i went for my interview, i got the number of one of the staffs there and I've been communicating with i even called him today but no news yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 9:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
GboyegaD:

If it is for the 2years then, you are good to go. See you at Calgary.

@gboyegad, please kindly check ur inbox.

Thanks.

Nicemax.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 10:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
dotman: Hi guys,

I went to the Canadian embassy today. After waiting to 3hrs, i was called on the phone and informed that they are still processing my application and i should be patient.

Did medicals on the 25th of May, and submitted my passport back on the 11th of June, after making a short traveling. So guys i guess we still have to be patient. BTW, i started my application 21st of March.

they most likely will issue ur visa ds week
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 10:57pm On Jul 08, 2013

really, i dont see any big deal if its taking time after medical and you go to the embassy to confirm. like d agents are just tryin to instill unnecessary fear. big deal d guy made a simple expression error? even d security know to help him fix that..but i dont even see that making any damage to his application status.. u really think the VO would cos of that deny someone? naa!..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by wamy: 11:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 11:43pm On Jul 08, 2013
kenniy:

really, i dont see any big deal if its taking time after medical and you go to the embassy to confirm. like d agents are just tryin to instill unnecessary fear. big deal d guy made a simple expression error? even d security know to help him fix that..but i dont even see that making any damage to his application status.. u really think the VO would cos of that deny someone? naa!..

Once it is still within the reasonable waiting period what is the rush that will make you to wanna go to the embassy to ask questions?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 11:48pm On Jul 08, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Once it is still within the reasonable waiting period what is the rush that will make you to wanna go to the embassy to ask questions?

cos exactly same happened to me and wasnt until i went to the embassy i got +ve response. the exact part you have in bold applied. emphasis on "taking time after medical"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 11:52pm On Jul 08, 2013
kenniy:

cos exactly same happened to me and wasnt until i went to the embassy i got +ve response. the exact part you have in bold applied. emphasis on "taking time after medical"

So you went to the embassy and then, what happened?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 12:17am On Jul 09, 2013
Fhemmmy:

So you went to the embassy and then, what happened?

6 weeks after medical..got nothin..went to the embassy on wednesday. visa got issued on monday. its very easy to see this as coincidence, but if u followed ds thread around that period (march-ish), a number ppl had similar experience. exactly y i followed suit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 12:54am On Jul 09, 2013
kenniy:

6 weeks after medical..got nothin..went to the embassy on wednesday. visa got issued on monday. its very easy to see this as coincidence, but if u followed ds thread around that period (march-ish), a number ppl had similar experience. exactly y i followed suit

Cos it works for you does not mean it is the norm . . . But glad it works for you anyways.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 1:19am On Jul 09, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Cos it works for you does not mean it is the norm . . . But glad it works for you anyways.

ds is isnt it about it working for me. i went cos ds thread encouraged it as its a normal occurrence with cdhc sometimes. plenty instances before i went. plenty instances after too. those guys could get really tardy. it is known.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 1:49am On Jul 09, 2013
After going through part2 and 3, I needed to throw away all my chill pills. (Amazing fact; most Fall 2012 applicants got their medicals within 3 to 4 weeks). What happened to d VOs?. I even read where someone got TRV with 2.9M, another applicant wasnt asked to pay a dime.:.;;;;;;;;;; The truth is that some of us, Fall 2013 applicants, would need to prepare our mind for a Winter start date.:::::::: Abeg, help me pick my chillion 5 make i take Overdose before I troway...::: BTW, Ramadan Kareem to all my brothers in Islam...............

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 5:54am On Jul 09, 2013
Lols at chillion 5.
This is still July, so time still dey. I wish all sept expectants trv this week.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tebenezer: 7:03am On Jul 09, 2013
Nobody is talking about medical expectance for fall 2013... I know that we r still on track.... l submitted abyt 6weeks ago n I'm expecting a medical call..nt actually been tracking,mayb twice in a week but I fink I shld b fully involve frm next week..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 7:39am On Jul 09, 2013
mercylicious: Lols at chillion 5.
This is still July, so time still dey. I wish all sept expectants trv this week.
Quite a while mercy. Sept is 2months away. we all nid to hear frm CDHC b4 July 31st to make the Fall start date.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 8:13am On Jul 09, 2013
Medic "n" TRV testimonies starts soon....if u in support say "aye aye"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumfem: 10:01am On Jul 09, 2013
@kenny ....u are indeed very correct and congrat on your TRV. I really do not see any crime in making inquiry from CDHC. This is the reason they supplied their phone no and email add. If I do not hear from them this wk I shall call them by next week. Keeping originals of all my doc. no be joke at all and I don't see anybody taking offence if u make inquiry now when start date is less than 2mth and till now no news. This ain't funny at all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:04am On Jul 09, 2013
sowetto:

Was that what the website stated? I will suggest you fill the initial questionaire on www.cic.gc.ca and if it requires you coming back to Nigeria, then, I will suggest you do it when you come back otherwise, for the documents you need, you can ask that they be sent to you via scanned copy and use same for your application online.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:19am On Jul 09, 2013
I checked applications submitted inside Canada , as at 4th of july, they are on 22nd of April.

They never reach MAY for head quarters sef, So we really need to chill wink but don't take overdose of the chill pill.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

@lagos residents, If you find your way to CDHC office, you can ask the date they are working on.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:44am On Jul 09, 2013
nicemax:

@gboyegad, please kindly check ur inbox.
Thanks.
Nicemax.

Replied!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:14am On Jul 09, 2013
dommakavelli: I checked applications submitted inside Canada , as at 4th of july, they are on 22nd of April.

They never reach MAY for head quarters sef, So we really need to chill wink but don't take overdose of the chill pill.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

@lagos residents, If you find your way to CDHC office, you can ask the date they are working on.

I wish i had known this earlier na online I go don apply.

This isn't funny. I submitted on May 30th, I have an exemption examination on September 3rd. My program is just once a year no second admission period. Miss September its till next year again. Am really pissed of right now. So abeg what do I do? DO i cancel and apply online

Its not funny. I don frustrate tire my current contract expires in August and I confirmed that am not renewing it. Had to make other tough decisions also. Seriously september better pull through angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:41am On Jul 09, 2013
adewaleafolabi:

I wish i had known this earlier na online I go don apply.

This isn't funny. I submitted on May 30th, I have an exemption examination on September 3rd. My program is just once a year no second admission period. Miss September its till next year again. Am really pissed of right now. So abeg what do I do? DO i cancel and apply online

Its not funny. I don frustrate tire my current contract expires in August and I confirmed that am not renewing it. Had to make other tough decisions also. Seriously september better pull through angry

I will suggest you just hope and hang in there. For the bolded, why would you do that without having your visa at hand? I can only wish you the very best at this time and I hope others are not already resigning from their current jobs while awaiting their TRV.

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.