Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,745 members, 7,875,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (594048 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 5:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
Seems like we are heading for another long a** weekend undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2013
Shadams:

The University of Saskatchewan...
Ok thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Pat98: 5:50pm On Jul 11, 2013
chrisagwu: @Pat08 please your suggestions and views will be greatly appreciated.

Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp and create an account. Login then fill in the questionnaire. A list of the required documents will show. You'll only need a CAQ if you heading to Quebec.

I'm sure you know that you need to provide documentation ofs adequate funds for your studies.

As in my case, create another document where you will add other documentation like the (police certificate, transcripts,certificates e.t.c) in a single pdf file and upload as an additional document.

Then pray. Then wait. Then you'll be called for medicals and shortly after receive your TRV.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 5:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
With the speed at which online apps are getting resolved, I would like to officially endorse the Online Route...seems whoever is handling Online applications is yet to be overwhelmed with applications....so, my people take advantage of it biko...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchi4jah: 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2013
Please, can someone please help me? Oga Siga, got any idea what the reply means?
uchi4jah: Hello,

I have been following this thread for sometime now. I'm heading to the U of S,Saskatoon. Applied towards the end of march, medical call up 3rd june, medical done 12th june. I have been waiting after the medicals so I emailed them today. I got this reply

"
Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards,

Visa Office | Bureau de Visa
Deputy High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat auxillaire du Canada
4 Anifowoshe Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone 234-1-271 5650
Facsimile | Télécopieur 234-1-272 5651
Postal address P.O.Box 54506
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
"

Can someone explain what I should expect? Who has gotten similar reply? I have summer classes starting july 23rd though I applied for sept.

Suggestions please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2013
uchi4jah: Please, can someone please help me? Oga Siga, got any idea what the reply means?
...All it means is that they love that u dont pressure them or bombard them with mails and calls....u are fine bros...I think we put too much stress on ourselves at times....just relax...u are fine...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 6:15pm On Jul 11, 2013
LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (Fall 2013)

1) accra2005: April 2
2) Kunle-akogun: April 4
3) efewhoa: April 18
4) Ceo mr cash: April 25
5) dommakavelli: May 2
6) luckydon: May 2
7) nuendo: May 2
8 ) Gymme: May 3
9) bumfem: May 6
10) Shadams: may 6
11) galala123: May 7
12) kjbobo: May 7
13) azeezwl: May 8
14) Pwunmi: May 10
15) shayi12: May 15
16) vooz : May 23
17) tebenezer80: May 28
18) freshdude: May 30
19) adewaleafolabi: May 30
20) ancient1: June 4
21) earthgreeners: June 11
22) efosa12345: June 13
23) donteejay: June 20
24) smile13: June 21
25) addey101: June 28
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
Siga: With the speed at which online apps are getting resolved, I would like to officially endorse the Online Route...seems whoever is handling Online applications is yet to be overwhelmed with applications....so, my people take advantage of it biko...

Also, I would like to inform all those who opt for the online application to be careful when filling the forms and uploading supporting document..........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by richard4ssky: 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2013
Nuendo: congrats bro.....

I am very happy for u congratulation, please can u tell d house the document u surmited, who were ur sponsor and was there account blance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by richard4ssky: 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
Aduke02: To God be the glory!
I just got an email notification to check my MyCIC account.
Lo and behold, it was my medical call. God has really surprised me cos i applied June 8 online.

Congratulation, i am happy for u, please share wt us the document u surmited and who were your sponsor and the account blance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Aduke02(f): 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2013
richard4ssky:

Congratulation, i am happy for u, please share wt us the document u surmited and who were your sponsor and the account blance

Thanks....
I am a self-sponsored applicant. My acct balance as at when i applied was N3m coupled with my funding package from the university. I have listed the documents which i submitted in my earlier post.

I wish you all the best.... still pinching myself to be sure its not a dream! lol!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 7:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
[uote author=uchi4jah]Hello,

I have been following this thread for sometime now. I'm heading to the U of S,Saskatoon. Applied towards the end of march, medical call up 3rd june, medical done 12th june. I have been waiting after the medicals so I emailed them today. I got this reply

"
Dear Madam / Sir,

Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards,

"

Can someone explain what I should expect? Who has gotten similar reply? I have summer classes starting july 23rd though I applied for sept.

Suggestions please[/quote]
Hello,
Its actually an autoresponse kind of.A friend called me he got same responsethis morning.He did medicals last year but was told to pick a new start date!so I guess its programmed for those seeking responses after medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchi4jah: 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2013
Siga: ...All it means is that they love that u dont pressure them or bombard them with mails and calls....u are fine bros...I think we put too much stress on ourselves at times....just relax...u are fine...

Thanks Man. I'm seeing my TRV getting ready tomorow... I have barely 2weeks. Classes start 23rd.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchi4jah: 7:41pm On Jul 11, 2013
Ok ... Thanks Man. The TRV should be out in no time
kjbobo: [uote author=uchi4jah]Hello,

"
Dear Madam / Sir,

Regards,

"

Suggestions please
Hello,
Its actually an autoresponse kind of.A friend called me he got same responsethis morning.He did medicals last year but was told to pick a new start date!so I guess its programmed for those seeking responses after medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
Congrats to everyone who got one good news or the other.

As regards the weekend I can't shout; Blue-ray movie weekend lineup

1. Olympus Has Fallen
2. A good day to die hard
3. G.I.Joe Retaliation
4. Jack the Giant Slayer

Pat98:

Alert to all study permit applicants. You dont need a visa to enter Canada anymore!

Terrible Rough play angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hmmm, wetin dey worry CDHC guys sef?..mak dem atleast dey answer my peeps wey submit 4 MAY.

IMO, this forum is gonna get tough between 23rd and 26th July. (mixed feelings)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sowetto(m): 9:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
earthgreeners:

Also, I would like to inform all those who opt for the online application to be careful when filling the forms and uploading supporting document..........
Please could you explain further because I am considering applying online. My concern is, how are they going to verify the scanned documents
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chrisagwu: 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
Please those of us who have used the Online process should share more light on how they were able put there documents together and the step by step process on how they where successful. How do they verify the documents or you later submit orginal documents?

sowetto:
Please could you explain further because I am considering applying online. My concern is, how are they going to verify the scanned documents
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 10:07pm On Jul 11, 2013
uchi4jah: Hello,

"
Dear Madam / Sir,

Regards,

"

Suggestions please

Bro please i emailed dem since Monday and have not gotten any reply...did meds 28 of may "n" resubmitted on 30th of May...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 10:10pm On Jul 11, 2013
@all: please how long does it take to get a reply frm cdhc?....i emailed dem since Monday and have not gotten any reply...did meds 28 of may "n" resubmitted on 30th of May...hope dis is nt some kind of trouble?....cos i read a guy mailed them today and got a reply today...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Maximip(m): 10:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
I thought I was having the worst day ever as one truck messed up one side of my car today. Was still thinking
of the cost to panel beat it when I decided to check my email... behold, medical instructions had been sent to me like 7 hours ago. God is Awesome.

Applied May 2 - Online

Now my questions, I was asked to send receipt for one year tuition and board. My course is just 16 Months and the
school (UBC) requires I pay it in 4 instalments. How do I respond to this? I was also not given any instructions about sending my passport in, is this normal?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchi4jah: 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
Yes. I emailed them this morning and got an initial auto response confirming the reciept of my mail. Few hours later I got another email telling me that my file is under processing and I do not need to submit any other stuffs or any action. That's what I shared earlier. You may not get a reply if you do not include your application number and/or your name, dob and passport number. Also maybe they felt your email does not require any response. In my I asked to know the status of my application and made them see the reason why I need my trv asap. Bro, wordings really matter too. Maybe you should do them another email. If you drop your email address I don't mind forwarding what I sent to them. I actually used my school email address which ends with at usask dot ca. All the best Man
i_am_saheed: @all: please how long does it take to get a reply frm cdhc?....i emailed dem since Monday and have not gotten any reply...did meds 28 of may "n" resubmitted on 30th of May...hope dis is nt some kind of trouble?....cos i read a guy mailed them today and got a reply today...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchi4jah: 10:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
Did you specifically ask to know your status quoting your application number which begins with an "s"? Try to email them again. With their reply I'm certain my trv will be ready by tomorrow.
i_am_saheed:

Bro please i emailed dem since Monday and have not gotten any reply...did meds 28 of may "n" resubmitted on 30th of May...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 11:26pm On Jul 11, 2013
chrisagwu: Please those of us who have used the Online process should share more light on how they were able put there documents together and the step by step process on how they where successful. How do they verify the documents or you later submit orginal documents?

I'm also interested in this question. Just how careful do online applicants need to be?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:44pm On Jul 11, 2013
Chatters:

I'm also interested in this question. Just how careful do online applicants need to be?

Just as you care about yourself.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 12:50am On Jul 12, 2013
dommakavelli:

Just as you care about yourself.

Do you mind elaborating on your answer?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 12:54am On Jul 12, 2013
Maximip: I thought I was having the worst day ever as one truck messed up one side of my car today. Was still thinking
of the cost to panel beat it when I decided to check my email... behold, medical instructions had been sent to me like 7 hours ago. God is Awesome.

Applied May 2 - Online

Now my questions, I was asked to send receipt for one year tuition and board. My course is just 16 Months and the
school (UBC) requires I pay it in 4 instalments. How do I respond to this? I was also not given any instructions about sending my passport in, is this normal?

Sorry about you car on one hand and congrats on your medical callup on the other.
Simply contact your school about the embassy's requirement, they would be able to advise you appropriately. Try to contact your department, school of graduate studies and the finance department separately, you are sure to receive some useful lead on what to do.
For your passport, I would think it would be requested only after they have made a final decision on your application especially since you have additional requirements to fulfill.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by HZwriters: 3:59am On Jul 12, 2013
kudos to you guys and ladies you are doing a great work.

please who applied to memorial university of Newfoundland Canada for winter session.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 6:30am On Jul 12, 2013
uchi4jah: Did you specifically ask to know your status quoting your application number which begins with an "s"? Try to email them again. With their reply I'm certain my trv will be ready by tomorrow.

Yes bro i quoted my app number and my UCI number o, but i did not include DOB and passport number.....this is my email: saheedakinadeshola@yahoo.com.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchi4jah: 6:40am On Jul 12, 2013
With just the app number they should have replied. Well, check out what I sent. I just forwared it to you.
i_am_saheed:

Yes bro i quoted my app number and my UCI number o, but i did not include DOB and passport number.....this is my email: saheedakinadeshola@yahoo.com.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tobsin: 7:02am On Jul 12, 2013
Hello house,

This question is for those that gained admission to schools in Quebec, do you already speak French, if not, how did you show your French proficiency? Or is it not required?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Aduke02(f): 7:34am On Jul 12, 2013
It depends on the school, I think. I know concordia uni n mcgill r english language universities although knowledge of french is an advantage. In my own case, i didn't have to show french proficiency when I applied.
tobsin: Hello house,

This question is for those that gained admission to schools in Quebec, do you already speak French, if not, how did you show your French proficiency? Or is it not required?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.