Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,782 members, 7,889,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 02:34 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (596049 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
kodeblurr: mail it in where? mail it to which address?
...how did u apply initially?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 25, 2013
I downloaded the hard copy and submitted @ the Visa office (Oregun) not online
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
kodeblurr: I downloaded the hard copy and submitted @ the Visa office (Oregun) not online
...same way now bros...take it to visa office...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
Siga: ...same way now bros...take it to visa office...

Thanks boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by HZwriters: 8:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
dommakavelli:

First week of march 2013

Thank you. I think one gets to know his/her admission status after the application deadline. Is it not?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by snugle: 8:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hey pple. I asked this question before and would appreciate if someone can help out. Can I use my pensions statement of account and shares statement from CSCS as ties to home country?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 8:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
snugle: Hey pple. I asked this question before and would appreciate if someone can help out. Can I use my pensions statement of account and shares statement from CSCS as ties to home country?
For sure
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
HZwriters:

Thank you. I think one gets to know his/her admission status after the application deadline. Is it not?

Yes it is.
2-3 months after deadline.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xladym(f): 9:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
uchi4jah: Hi people. Its tomorrow finally. Please, one question: what is that thing that I MUST bring to canada? What should I not forget to bring? What did u wish u carried while travelling? A kind of list.of must take please.....

wink
Congrats and safe trip tomorrow...your excitement is contagious.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 9:19pm On Jul 25, 2013
bumdish:
For sure
Can It also be used as proof of fund. Cos most of my sponsors funds are denominated in stocks, which I showed as her cscs statement when applying for my visa. Not gotten any replies from CHC yet
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mosquitoway: 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2013
bumdish:

Siga, absolutely.
I am trying to keep it simple and since most people usually go through G2 before doing G. I wouldn't advise someone from Niaja to skip G2 for reasons beyond the scope of this write-up. http://www.drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Out-of-Country-Drivers.aspx
Details for #25 @ http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5052-eng.html
i did straight to G as well,I would advise anyone willing to drive here to bring along the Nigerian license,I had to have my own sent to me by dhl,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 10:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
dotman:

Have you picked up your envelope with vfs that contains your passport? Usually the tuition instruction comes with it and if not there, then ur not expected to make the payment yet
No response to my last mail sir..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 10:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
wamy: Finally got my travel Today (paper application)
I applied on 2nd of April,called for meds 29th May, did meds 4th of June submitted
additional docs on 2nd of July.Please help me thank God for his graces and mercies.
congrats..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 10:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
@Nuendo: I think oga Gboyega has said it all. I will wait for further instructions from them..

GboyegaD:

You are getting too hard on yourself. Why not go ahead with the medical and return the passport to them. If you are so concerned, you can go ahead to pay your tuition and board. Sincerely, this is the least of your challenges/processes on your dream to becoming a Canadian as such, I will advise you learn to relax and take things as they come so that you don't break down. Remember, it isn't a straight jacket process therefore, what applies to applicant A may not to other applicants.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 10:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
deebla:

Thanks galala...

I was at VFS this morningto receive my package and its a medical call.

It had instructions to go for medicals only. I am not on scholarship, though I had paid a pre-registration deposit of $2500.

Meanwhile, I av not gotten the medical instructions email from CDHC. Still waiting for the mail . If I don't get it by end of today, I'm going to CDHC tomoRrow.
Wat sch n program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 11:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
Yes I've done the medicals but 'll wait for them to instruct me further..
Nuendo:

People of God, this seems to be a very interesting topic, about three people who I have met here doing the medical were all called for medics without been asked to pay the tuition . One particularly told me that she had already paid the tuition some weeks even before been called for the medical.

@smile13 : I guess you have done your medical already, are you going to pay or wait for the embassy to instruct u on that......

Besides, thanks to those who have offered their opinion on this issue. We are all here to learn.

I still wanna ask the able veterans in the house, I think the question should be better rephrased as ; whether those who paid tuition and board without being instructed to so after medical still went ahead and were issued the trv. The percentage of success or delayys or even failure would help us making a decision.

@GboyegaD ; thanks for your invaluable insight. U guys re really putting in alot into making sure that we are all sucessfull. God bled u. As for the over working myself, please don't blame me, some of us have come a long way to get to this point. To some its been a cummulative of hardwork of 4 yrs to arrive here. So pardon our tension. Wen we reach like una, we go dey on permanent chill pill and be in a calm state of mind to calm do who wud be applying den.

God is in Control.
Good luck to others awaiting medical and TRV calls . Safe trip to those travelling.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tunamost: 2:10am On Jul 26, 2013
Fellow forumites plz can anyone tell me if it is very possible to secure an admission wit a 3rd class honours to study masters or probably PGD in any canadian university dat has a very cheap tuition fee or probably affordable tuition fee...Plz my aim is to finish my studies in canada and settle down in canada...Plz anyone wit any info of school dat can accept me just incase uve been in my shoes b4 and ur dreams of studying in canada has been archieved or u know someone who had similar case wit me...plz don't hesitate to share d name of d school wit me and how to go abt applying...fanx alot...I awaite ur responses...God bless u all...amen..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 2:11am On Jul 26, 2013
onuawuchi: Can It also be used as proof of fund. Cos most of my sponsors funds are denominated in stocks, which I showed as her cscs statement when applying for my visa. Not gotten any replies from CHC yet
You have submitted already so just watch and pray.
There are several ways to show you are able to meet your maturing obligations apart from cash. Bill of Exchange (treasury bills, commercial bills or financial bills), bonds, fixed deposit investments, Equity Shares (especially for publicly traded companies) etc, these are called "Near money". Theoretically, they are liquid assets that can be easily converted into cash so I believe you don't have a problem on this one if your sponsor's stock tangagidigba.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tunamost: 2:17am On Jul 26, 2013
xladym:
Congrats and safe trip tomorrow...your excitement is contagious.
Fellow forumites plz can anyone tell me if it is very possible to secure an admission wit a 3rd class honours to study masters or probably PGD in any canadian university dat has a very cheap tuition fee or probably affordable tuition fee...Plz my aim is to finish my studies in canada and settle down in canada...Plz anyone wit any info of school dat can accept me just incase uve been in my shoes b4 and ur dreams of studying in canada has been archieved or u know someone who had similar wit mine...plz don't hesitate to share d name of d school wit me and how to go abt applying...fanx alot...I awaite ur responses...God bless u all...amen..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tunamost: 2:19am On Jul 26, 2013
Nuendo:

Oga onye Oma, the answer from the insider ( c) could be true but seems highly illogical from a psychological point of view. Why not eliminate the candidate instantly like the way they return the passports, rather than cause him/her to Incure extra expenses and put themselves under more workload by receiving and processing the medical results etc. My broda ,the VO's are humans like us not ghost or robots, if dey wnt smn out, they would have returned their passports once and spared themselves the stress.

It might also vary from school to school. I just discovered that I and smile13 were both asked for medicals without tution request and we are both headed for uni of Calgary . Schools may have different policies which the cdhc are aware of ESP the very prominent ones. Smn who was currently issued trv from outside the country said that certain schools make the chances of trv (assuming all docs are legit and complete) considerably higher. E.g smn with an admission to Harvard in the USA may have an almost hitch free process due to the reputation of such institution internationally.

Am not saying this is the case but it just makes more sense from the logical point of view rather than elimination elimination strategy. Lets watch and pray guys.

God dey
Fellow forumites plz can anyone tell me if it is very possible to secure an admission wit a 3rd class honours to study masters or probably PGD in any canadian university dat has a very cheap tuition fee or probably affordable tuition fee...Plz my aim is to finish my studies in canada and settle down in canada...Plz anyone wit any info of school dat can accept me just incase uve been in my shoes b4 and ur dreams of studying in canada has been archieved or u know someone who had similar wit mine...plz don't hesitate to share d name of d school wit me and how to go abt applying...fanx alot...I awaite ur responses...God bless u all...amen..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 4:52am On Jul 26, 2013
Yes, you can get PGD/diploma program; just search for colleges based on course of your interest and tuition fees.
Use google to help yourself.

tunamost: Fellow forumites plz can anyone tell me if it is very possible to secure an admission wit a 3rd class honours to study masters or probably PGD in any canadian university dat has a very cheap tuition fee or probably affordable tuition fee...Plz my aim is to finish my studies in canada and settle down in canada...Plz anyone wit any info of school dat can accept me just incase uve been in my shoes b4 and ur dreams of studying in canada has been archieved or u know someone who had similar case wit me...plz don't hesitate to share d name of d school wit me and how to go abt applying...fanx alot...I awaite ur responses...God bless u all...amen..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 4:57am On Jul 26, 2013
Please what happens when CDHC instructs one to pay tuition and board, and the school, based on their policy, said they don't accept payment before TRV-i.e one pays right in the school?
How does one present such case to CDHC?
Glad to see your responses
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 5:15am On Jul 26, 2013
How far i sent you a reply via mail. we need to coordinate our actions as per Uni of Calgary. I wanna email my ADMISSIONS officer to ask whether its in their policy not to accept fees before TRV.
smile13: Yes I've done the medicals but 'll wait for them to instruct me further..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 5:19am On Jul 26, 2013
teexzle:
Wat sch n program

Concordia University College of Alberta; Masters in Information Systems Security Management.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by HZwriters: 5:22am On Jul 26, 2013
dommakavelli:

Yes it is.
2-3 months after deadline.

Alright. Got that. All the best. WE shall get there to Canada sooner.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frediko(m): 7:27am On Jul 26, 2013
@earthgreeners pls u said I shuld talk to u, hw do I reach u pls nd I also appreciate dose that hav taken deir time to guild m tru...pls I intend to put in 4 masters in intl biz or biz adm buf won't lie writing gmat is scary to me, cos its bin a y I carry book last... Pls mak una neva leave me oo..wuld start d process all ova again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:01am On Jul 26, 2013
Nuendo: How far i sent you a reply via mail. we need to coordinate our actions as per Uni of Calgary. I wanna email my ADMISSIONS officer to ask whether its in their policy not to accept fees before TRV.

If you feel so pressured about paying school fees, then go ahead to pay rather than creating unnecessary panic for posters that will read this thread in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:03am On Jul 26, 2013
frediko: @earthgreeners pls u said I shuld talk to u, hw do I reach u pls nd I also appreciate dose that hav taken deir time to guild m tru...pls I intend to put in 4 masters in intl biz or biz adm buf won't lie writing gmat is scary to me, cos its bin a y I carry book last... Pls mak una neva leave me oo..wuld start d process all ova again

There isn't anything to get scared of reading for the GMAT. All you need is just some serious study with concentration and belief in yourself that with God on your side, you will ace it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 8:32am On Jul 26, 2013
Nuendo: How far i sent you a reply via mail. we need to coordinate our actions as per Uni of Calgary. I wanna email my ADMISSIONS officer to ask whether its in their policy not to accept fees before TRV.

GboyegaD:

If you feel so pressured about paying school fees, then go ahead to pay rather than creating unnecessary panic for posters that will read this thread in the future.

SIR,
I really appreciate your immense help to this forum and am grateful we have someone like you. However, i fail to see how my post above has created unnecessary panic to the future readers/posters. My intention is to explore options that could decipher this new trend with the CDHC. If I and another member of the forum who are headed for the same institution have experienced similar patterns in the processing of the visa, I believe there is nothing wrong in trying to understand the possible reasons for this. For all you may know, it could be a new policy of the CDHC, or an understanding between the schools and the CDHC. If eventually I receive a positive/negative response from the institution, IT WOULD AT LEAST SHED MORE LIGHT ON THE ISSUE AND ADD TO THE ARCHIVE OF INFORMATION/REFERENCES WE HAVE ALREADY HERE. There is no knowledge lost !

I am not so happy with the tone in your post. Correct me if I am wrong but it seemed to me like my spirit of information/ideas sharing is being reproved by you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xladym(f): 8:43am On Jul 26, 2013
tunamost: Fellow forumites plz can anyone tell me if it is very possible to secure an admission wit a 3rd class honours to study masters or probably PGD in any canadian university dat has a very cheap tuition fee or probably affordable tuition fee...Plz my aim is to finish my studies in canada and settle down in canada...Plz anyone wit any info of school dat can accept me just incase uve been in my shoes b4 and ur dreams of studying in canada has been archieved or u know someone who had similar wit mine...plz don't hesitate to share d name of d school wit me and how to go abt applying...fanx alot...I awaite ur responses...God bless u all...amen..

I do not know so much... but i dont know any sch dat will take u for masters with a 3rd class. i think it is possible though for PGD. i dont know any sch with "cheap" tuition either. and be careful in ur search as not all schools r good(someone posted a link to approved schools...and someone earlier complained about stoufville).
I suggest u go back just a few pages(between 185 and dis page) to find the list. then go to the website of some of the schools and check out what they offer and their requirements for admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:38am On Jul 26, 2013
Nuendo:
SIR,
I really appreciate your immense help to this forum and am grateful we have someone like you. However, i fail to see how my post above has created unnecessary panic to the future readers/posters. My intention is to explore options that could decipher this new trend with the CDHC. If I and another member of the forum who are headed for the same institution have experienced similar patterns in the processing of the visa, I believe there is nothing wrong in trying to understand the possible reasons for this. For all you may know, it could be a new policy of the CDHC, or an understanding between the schools and the CDHC. If eventually I receive a positive/negative response from the institution, IT WOULD AT LEAST SHED MORE LIGHT ON THE ISSUE AND ADD TO THE ARCHIVE OF INFORMATION/REFERENCES WE HAVE ALREADY HERE. There is no knowledge lost !

I am not so happy with the tone in your post. Correct me if I am wrong but it seemed to me like my spirit of information/ideas sharing is being reproved by you.

It isn't a straight jacket thing and I don't think it is peculiar to schools. What applies to A need necessarily not apply to B as such, there is no need to start deciphering what may not always be. Besides, schools don't have the power to influence the outcome of visa application as such, whether or not they accept payment on or before arrival doesn't change things.
Regarding my tone, I am very sorry if it seem harsh however, I feel there is no need to keep emphasizing on same point as everyone else have said you should act based on instruction.
Lastly, the requirement of CDHC to pay tuition with Medical doesn't necessarily guarantee issuance of TRV hence, the major thing is hoping on God to see you through the whole process and grant the desires of your heart.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 9:47am On Jul 26, 2013
God bless you sir, I am sorry if I stress you guys who are more experienced. We are still doing the ropes. Please bear with us. We all hope that we would get there in the end so that we shall also join you people in guiding others.

This site/forum second best thing for me since FAcebook.

#One_Love

GboyegaD:

It isn't a straight jacket thing and I don't think it is peculiar to schools. What applies to A need necessarily not apply to B as such, there is no need to start deciphering what may not always be. Besides, schools don't have the power to influence the outcome of visa application as such, whether or not they accept payment on or before arrival doesn't change things.
Regarding my tone, I am very sorry if it seem harsh however, I feel there is no need to keep emphasizing on same point as everyone else have said you should act based on instruction.
Lastly, the requirement of CDHC to pay tuition with Medical doesn't necessarily guarantee issuance of TRV hence, the major thing is hoping on God to see you through the whole process and grant the desires of your heart.

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.