Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,847 members, 7,942,125 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 08:55 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (602114 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 8:30am On Aug 22, 2013
laureek: Sorry to hear this.Like someone said it's just a delay.not a denial.
I also would like to add this.First,are you sure the agent you used put you through because I don't see any reason why giving you your tracking no should be against their policy.it is yours,moreover you paid them.
2ndly,the letter you got,was it sealed? Is it really from cdhc
I'm sorry if this sounds foolish but I think you should be sure of all these.The error could be from them and we can also learn from it . I'd advise you take to the advise of the experienced people here and don't give up.Go get it.it's yours.

All the best.

He only needs clarification on way forward because this denial happened over 2weeks ago and the house was informed. You are actually right about confirming those information;when I was denied too in my previous attempt using an agent the first thing i did was confirm on vfs website.
Using an agent doesnt guarantee anything but sure has its advantage but cant remove tension ooooooo.
@Anabor....my dad was my sponsor with about 11m+,was going for a program of about 4m+ with a yr duration....yet i was told sponsor not credible and blah blah. So my advise is to assess your docx properly and work on any loop hole you assume could have affected your application. All the best bro..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gerald24(m): 9:05am On Aug 22, 2013
earthgreeners:

You should start by checking through the list of Universities and Colleges in Canada. Check for the school that offer the course you intend to pursue. Then check admission requirement, or send email to the program secretary for country specific requirements..
NB: Most colleges and Universities waive english test for Nigerian Students. So u wouldn't need to write TOEFL or IELTS.

However, admission into Universities in Canada is highly competitive. Therefore, it might be difficult getting admission with a 2.2...But nothing is impossible if you put in your best....

As for Graduate Diploma, check out the colleges. I think a 2.2 would certainly get you admission...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gerald24(m): 9:16am On Aug 22, 2013
Hy guys. Pls am new here n i luv wot u guyz are doin here. Well my problem here is dat i wnt 2 apply 4 undergraduate program in Humber college. Sud i get a stuy visa b4 applyin. 2ndly sumbody sud get 2 me if u av any oda skul dat d tution fee is nt much or dat provide scholarship programs. Tankz awaitin thy reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by azeezwl: 10:23am On Aug 22, 2013
gerald24: Hy guys. Pls am new here n i luv wot u guyz are doin here. Well my problem here is dat i wnt 2 apply 4 undergraduate program in Humber college. Sud i get a stuy visa b4 applyin. 2ndly sumbody sud get 2 me if u av any oda skul dat d tution fee is nt much or dat provide scholarship programs. Tankz awaitin thy reply

BRO, THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN APPLY FOR A STUDY PERMIT WITHOUT SHOWING A PROOF OF BEING OFFERED AN ADMISSION IN THE FIRST PLACE. i.e , WHILE APPLYING FOR THE VISA, YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR LETTER OF ADMISSION OFFER, SO, APPLY FOR AN ADMISSION FIRST AND ENSURE YOU HAVE THE LETTER OF ADMISSION OFFER BEFORE YOU APPLY FOR THE VISA. AS REGARDS TO SCHOOLS WITH LOW TUITION, YOU CAN CHECK ON MEMORIAL UNI OF NEWFOUNDLAND OR BRANDON UNIVERSITY. CHECK OGA SIGA'S POST IN THE PREVIOUS PAGES ON THAT. IT'S WELL DETAILED.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by grock1(m): 10:38am On Aug 22, 2013
my flight is Tmrw and I wanna change the naira I gt to Canadian dollars, but I can't seems to get canadian dollars. someone now said I shuld change it to US dollars instead, and I need to pay for accomodation from the money immediatly I landed. pls what shuld I do? and where can I get canadian dollar.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by SirP1: 10:58am On Aug 22, 2013
g-rock:
my flight is Tmrw and I wanna change the naira I gt to Canadian dollars, but I can't seems to get canadian dollars. someone now said I shuld change it to US dollars instead, and I need to pay for accomodation from the money immediatly I landed. pls what shuld I do? and where can I get canadian dollar.

Bro take the us dollars , don't think you can get Canadian dollars here and just so you know right now 1 us dollar is about 1.04 cad so if you change let's say 5000 dollars you'll get like 5200 cad .. Just don't change at the airport , go to any bank . Safe trip
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 11:05am On Aug 22, 2013
g-rock:

US dollars is accepted everywhere. Your can change US dollars to Canadian dollars at the airport. Maazi Siga can tell your the names of the Bareu de change. Note you always get best rate in the town. So you just change small us dollars at the airport that can take you around.

My 2 cents. I connect to your testimony.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:10am On Aug 22, 2013
g-rock:

Safe trip and you'll be fine with the US Dollars.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:17am On Aug 22, 2013
g-rock:

Bon Voyage......... G rockyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchechuwku: 11:26am On Aug 22, 2013
earthgreeners:

Bon Voyage......... G rockyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Your signature needs an update.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Jesunro: 11:39am On Aug 22, 2013
Hello House, thanks for all the relevant contributions by all. Please i have a major on my hands right now. Today was supposed to be the last day of my submission of my one years tuition, Letter from sponsor's employer and my one year accommodation. Due to logistics i could not go and submit all this while till yesterday, but then i was able to submit the letter from my sponsor's employer and my one year tuition simply because the residences (2) i tried paying for through my cousin in canada are not just ready (one excuse or the other). I hope this wouldnt affect my TRV o. Though i tried telling the guy @ Vfs yesterday that i would come back and drop the accommmodation stuff...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 12:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
Jesunro: Hello House, thanks for all the relevant contributions by all. Please i have a major on my hands right now. Today was supposed to be the last day of my submission of my one years tuition, Letter from sponsor's employer and my one year accommodation. Due to logistics i could not go and submit all this while till yesterday, but then i was able to submit the letter from my sponsor's employer and my one year tuition simply because the residences (2) i tried paying for through my cousin in canada are not just ready (one excuse or the other). I hope this wouldnt affect my TRV o. Though i tried telling the guy @ Vfs yesterday that i would come back and drop the accommmodation stuff...
you can just write a letter to explain this..... I think you are good with the Tuition and employer letter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Jesunro: 12:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
Thanks a lot earthgreeners. i only wish i have an idea of wht the letter is gonna look like right now. am so at a loss...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olabokey: 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
Huzzie:
He only needs clarification on way forward because this denial happened over 2weeks ago and the house was informed. You are actually right about confirming those information;when I was denied too in my previous attempt using an agent the first thing i did was confirm on vfs website.
Using an agent doesnt guarantee anything but sure has its advantage but cant remove tension ooooooo.
@Anabor....my dad was my sponsor with about 11m+,was going for a program of about 4m+ with a yr duration....yet i was told sponsor not credible and blah blah. So my advise is to assess your docx properly and work on any loop hole you assume could have affected your application. All the best bro..

I Salute all the house o... I am new here.. Chief Huzzie, Can you please add me to the list of medical hopefuls? Applied 21 June, Paper route, GC Project Mgt - IT, Senecca College, January 2014 Intake. Thanks. I wish all of us the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Ceekay(m): 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
please where can i find a list of universities in canada that offer winter admission
i need to be in canada and schooling by jan 2014 (i believe thats when winter session starts)
I just need to find the list of schools and i'll take it from there
Canada hopefuls or those already there please help
Computer networking or any IT related course is what i have in mind and as such has to do with an institute of technology or something that provides hands on training
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 1:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ceekay: please where can i find a list of universities in canada that offer winter admission
i need to be in canada and schooling by jan 2014 (i believe thats when winter session starts)
Computer networking or any IT related course is what i have in mind and as such has to do with an institute of technology or something that provides hands on training
Thanks

www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/ institutions/participants.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adonisvg(m): 2:49pm On Aug 22, 2013
g-rock:
safest trip, bro. All the best. I tap into ur blessings.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
[b]TEAM WINTER (JANUARY2014)
1. Olabo_key ? Seneca College JUNE 21 Paper route
2. .Huzzie PG Centennial JULY 16 Paper route
3. Chrigo PG Lambton JULY 30 Paper route
4. Adim02 PG Niagara College AUGUST 19 Paper route
5. Clow PG Humber August ? Paper route
6. Teexzle PG Lambton
7. Bashtec9 PG Sheridan
8. Oreroyce UG UoRegina
9. Janut PG UoRegina
10. Humanshado PG UBC
11. Meyson UG UoRegina
12. Kicon PG centennial college
13. Teapea UG MUN
14. Cherokee ? Concordia/Dalhouise/UoRegina
15. Gwobo PG UoManitoba/UoSask/UoRegina
16. Ugoh11 PG Uocalgary/MUN
17. EMEKS86 UG UNB
18. Richard4ssky PG GeorgeBrown
19. Soweto ?
20. Tolyem Dip Keyano/Mohawk Collg
21. seunlovesa UG Brandon uni
22. Addey101 UG Dalhousie
23. Joe batters PG Fanshawe College
24. Omo Ondo PG Niagara College
25. Gdjay UG Brandon uni
26. Kunsoft PG Lambton/Fanshawe/Red river
27. Missbon PG Fanshawe College
28. Mike PG Humber College

N.B- If you are a prospective student for winter admission please indicate, you would have to provide your intended level and university/college.
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper

Cheers
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Gdjay(m): 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
nicemax:

@Gdjay...brandon uni..is not a scam.

Pls post the email u got from their correspondence here on nairaland,..let's take it up from there.

In addition, have u applied for admission at Brandon Uni? if yes, what course and program type.

Regards,
Nicemax.

Hello nicemax, it seems the whole admission office is on break, I have been in correspondence exchange with them before, but suddenly I cant get through
Anymore. Im coming to study Geography. As a transfer student Brandon requires my transcript from my present school and NECO, which are both en route. Thanks for taking the time out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ceekay: please where can i find a list of universities in canada that offer winter admission
Thanks
Please follow that link @xtus gave you, my advise is to look for colleges because they give admission quite faster;you have precisely 4months to winter. You could still explore universities,there's no harm in trying sha....just be time conscious.All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
@Olabo_key...what level please? UG/PG
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
Jesunro: Hello House, thanks for all the relevant contributions by all. Please i have a major on my hands right now. Today was supposed to be the last day of my submission of my one years tuition, Letter from sponsor's employer and my one year accommodation. Due to logistics i could not go and submit all this while till yesterday, but then i was able to submit the letter from my sponsor's employer and my one year tuition simply because the residences (2) i tried paying for through my cousin in canada are not just ready (one excuse or the other). I hope this wouldnt affect my TRV o. Though i tried telling the guy @ Vfs yesterday that i would come back and drop the accommmodation stuff...
....U guys always stress urselves.... haba.... if u cant secure a room.... why cant u book a room at any hotel close to ur school for at least a week.... I have used this with few of my guys and I have advised few to use it... and it was accepted.... a letter with it stating u secured the hotel to allow u time to find a room... plus u will list the addresses of ur prospective landlords....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2013
Gdjay:

Hello nicemax, it seems the whole admission office is on break, I have been in correspondence exchange with them before, but suddenly I cant get through
Anymore. Im coming to study Geography. As a transfer student Brandon requires my transcript from my present school and NECO, which are both en route. Thanks for taking the time out.

You r welcome...success.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by anabor: 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
@Fhemmmy,@bumdish,@Kjbobo,@Khemthar,@Laureek,@Huzzie, thank you so much for the prompt and wise response. The sponsor is actually my mother, I only have my birth certificate to show the relationship(which CDHC didn't request for)and my mother is a retiree. I also indicated that I have one sibling. I was also able to confirm from CDHC that the rejection letter was from them. For my next application, I want to include my brother in law who works for CBN as a second sponsor, please what are the necessary docs he needs to provide?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
anabor: @Fhemmmy,@bumdish,@Kjbobo,@Khemthar,@Laureek,@Huzzie, thank you so much for the prompt and wise response. The sponsor is actually my mother, I only have my birth certificate to show the relationship(which CDHC didn't request for)and my mother is a retiree. I also indicated that I have one sibling. I was also able to confirm from CDHC that the rejection letter was from them. For my next application, I want to include my brother in law who works for CBN as a second sponsor, please what are the necessary docs he needs to provide?

That is a problem right there except she is is collecting a real good amount of money as pension.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Uche27: 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
Pls till dis time they have not replied U and u submitted may ending and school is resuming 9th spet what should (he) do?!!!!...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2013
anabor: @Fhemmmy,@bumdish,@Kjbobo,@Khemthar,@Laureek,@Huzzie, thank you so much for the prompt and wise response. The sponsor is actually my mother, I only have my birth certificate to show the relationship(which CDHC didn't request for)and my mother is a retiree. I also indicated that I have one sibling. I was also able to confirm from CDHC that the rejection letter was from them. For my next application, I want to include my brother in law who works for CBN as a second sponsor, please what are the necessary docs he needs to provide?

Good idea and a family true information will be great to show that he is your brother - From same parents, i am assuming cos we are used to calling neighbors, our brother for Nija
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 4:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
To all Fall 2013 medical hopefuls. The good news is coming soon... I wld advise plans for new start date.. but we shldnt dig it until further instructions from CDHC. I notice most of their medical calls now comes on Saturday. So dis Saturday is another day for us... we shldnt forget to keep tracking on VFS website cos CDHC sometimes make mistakes in sending emails. The wait is worrisome but when u eventually get it u wld forget all d worries....
no pain, no gain....

...every stage comes with its own ishh...

my head is spinning right now....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
my observation... it shld take maximum of 2Weeks for CDHC to get result of medical examinations... cos results are sent directly to CIC by the Panel Physicians through the australian-canada emedicals portal.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nasjay: 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
earthgreeners: my observation... it shld take maximum of 2Weeks for CDHC to get result of medical examinations... cos results are sent directly to CIC by the Panel Physicians through the australian-canada emedicals portal.

Collaboration between Australia and Canada has resulted in more than 100 countries now having access to eMedical,

http://www.newsroom.immi.gov.au/releases/fca80dc6-6c0e-495f-8cec-9c141513f50f
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by anabor: 5:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
@Fhemmy, he's my Brother In Law not blood brother
Fhemmmy:

Good idea and a family true information will be great to show that he is your brother - From same parents, i am assuming cos we are used to calling neighbors, our brother for Nija
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2013
earthgreeners: my observation... it shld take maximum of 2Weeks for CDHC to get result of medical examinations... cos results are sent directly to CIC by the Panel Physicians through the australian-canada emedicals portal.
I doubt oo....you can ask the consultants practice people. ..They detailed me they don't send it directly to CDHC. ..
Reply the p.m so I can also forward the mail CDHC sent to me..although they said it takes 3-4 weeks in the mail...I agree with you that it doesn't take more than two weeks to get to them from France.
Like you said....every stage with its "challenges"....My resumption is next Monday. ...But I am just at peace. ..that it is settled!

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.