Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,135 members, 7,949,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 10:49 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (602780 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by pholubaba(m): 9:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
Don Riley: Hello house.Now what's the fate of those of us that are yet to be called for medicals and are supposed to resume on September 3rd?I submitted my application with 1yr tuition fee on May 23, 2013, was @ the cdhc in Lagos last week monday,Sent them 4 email msges b4 they finally replied to the last one I sent on monday August 26 n got the same 4-6 months reply.Planning to enter the place 2mrw morning again.This time I might collect extra sheet to let them know I'm really serious...Altho my school(Concordia University,Montreal,Quebec) has given me until Sept 16th.BTW is there anyone going the same school?

Same here o,submited @vfs may22 with 60% tution paid to niagara college.I haven't heard from them and I'm suppose to resum sept 5. Have u gone to cdhc? What are they saying?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by femianiyi: 9:09pm On Aug 29, 2013
I've been on a close tab with maple eversince my application clocked two months, trust me, they've been going to embassy to solicit for thr candidates but d bottom line is that "embassy confirmed application is still under processing". I was aviced to holdon until they respond.Worse case scenerio is to defer admission but new start date for my program is fall 2013 and not winter, thats my plight. Believing God for a last minute miracle
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by femianiyi: 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2013
I've been on a close tab with maple eversince my application clocked two months, trust me, they've been going to embassy to solicit for thr candidates but d bottom line is that "embassy confirmed application is still under processing". I was aviced to holdon until they respond.Worse case scenerio is to defer admission but new start date for my program is fall 2013 and not winter, thats my plight. Believing God for a last minute miracle
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2013
adewaleafolabi: Please as regards this business of extension, do I request from the school to send me a letter that my resumption date has been extended or send a letter to the embassy stating that my extension date has been extended?

I seriously have this feeling that this VO humans sef never open my file.

And to make matters worse I leave Abuja finally tomorrow. Didn't extend my contract.
I will suggest you hold on for the embassy to contact you first cos at this stage its very "unlikely" you can make September anymore. So chill...keep hoping embassy calls...after medicals. ..they will tell you to request for new start date.so you can actually start discussing with your school. .soon after your medicals. ..since you know that will be the embassy's next move!
All the best bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by femianiyi: 9:48pm On Aug 29, 2013
Pls, can i know how much you paid for board fees?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2013
pls can someone post the link to track applications? cant seem to find it.many thanks!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kelly4top: 10:21pm On Aug 29, 2013
xtus:

Power Engineering and Power Electronics - University of Alberta

Power Engineering - Ryerson University

Power Apparatus and Systems Engineering - University of Manitoba

Electric Power Engineering - University of Waterloo

Power Engineering - McGill University
This universities na die oh. Admission will be too competitive. You dont know of colleges too?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2013
femianiyi: I've been on a close tab with maple eversince my application clocked two months, trust me, they've been going to embassy to solicit for thr candidates but d bottom line is that "embassy confirmed application is still under processing". I was aviced to holdon until they respond.Worse case scenerio is to defer admission but new start date for my program is fall 2013 and not winter, thats my plight. Believing God for a last minute miracle
dis is really sad...just 1 start date...so sori bro...God is vigilant....i would advice any1 in d house planing to submit early or late to biko go d online route.....its tested and trusted....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 10:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
@ Don Riley,Pholubaba etal fall hopefuls. To be sincere with you I think you should mail your various schools and ask them for the next available start date in order to resume then. I submitted my application through vfs on the 31st of may this year (NIAGARA COLLEGE PG)and am yet to be cald for medicals. Most fall applicants resume at most on the 5th and if an extension is granted,this might just be for a week or at most two weeks which I doubt. OK Don Riley and other fall expectants, let's engage in some little brainstorming,anyways if am wrong I stand to be corrected.... If ones school gives an extension of 2 weeks atmost to resume, and we are yet to be cald for medicals, how are we going to meet up with uncertainty,knowing quite well that TRV can take 1-3 months according to our suscessful contemporaries? This definitely will result into late resumption - academics overseas most especially canada is of high standards, and as such requires resuming at most two weeks after normal start date, failure to comply means you are behind schedule and this can affect ones academic performance,thus leading to extras. My suggestions is that we fall hopefuls mail our various schools to change our start date,if we are lucky we might get an october,december dis ear or January 14 intake. After acquiring this letter we go to CHDC to collect the normal form,attach the new start date letter from your school, and compassionately write in the form your hurdles and how you arrived at a new start date. I am very convinced that CHDC would definitely call us for our medicals and we would be good to go for TRV'S. This news might serve dishearten because we hope to resume next week and not even a month or two extra,but let's keep the faith going and am sure God will inter vein for us, winter 14 hopefuls and for all TRV awaitees in the house.IJN AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 10:35pm On Aug 29, 2013
my Oga Chrigo....pls do u knw d link to track applicattion?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
shayi12: pls can someone post the link to track applications? cant seem to find it.many thanks!!!!
dis is it oga mi www.vfsglobal.ca/canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 10:47pm On Aug 29, 2013
efewhoa:
Spoke with customer care reps from Waka now and travel start and they confirmed it. I'm planning to buy the ticket later tonight if it's still available. The one with the return is about 380k
U are right...I confirmed it. Guess d 365k of KLM is d right choice...8th sept take-off
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 10:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
shayi12: pls can someone post the link to track applications? cant seem to find it.many thanks!!!!

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/CIC-Global-Tracking-Zone3/TrackingParam.aspx?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 10:58pm On Aug 29, 2013
ChriGo: dis is it oga mi www.vfsglobal.ca/canada

THANKS Chrigo...i tried the link an it said d no doesnt match ma D.O.B. well give up on that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efewhoa: 10:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
frederal:
U are right...I confirmed it. Guess d 365k of KLM is d right choice...8th sept take-off
Most of the klm flights i have seen are going through usa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2013
shayi12:

THANKS Chrigo...i tried the link an it said d no doesnt match ma D.O.B. well give up on that
ahh....u have to provide d DOB u filled in ur visa application form....my vfs tracking numba starts with 2013xxxxCALASTUxxxx i dont knw if dis is anoda format entirely...u should be able to track ur application on vfs if its there tracking numba u really have...except if ur agent sent ur application package tru anoda courier(fedex,dhl,etc) which would b ofcourse impossible to knw d status of ur application except tru email......in dis case tru d agent email......please confirm ur tracking numba well....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:28pm On Aug 29, 2013
Kunsoft:

I will bring your Alomo bitter sir
....all na joke ooo...I no dey drink ooooo....lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by OchukoII: 11:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
I don tire for this mata. Abeg Fall 2013 folks who have not been called for medicals, which of una don go CDHC and wetin dem talk? I intend to storm d place tomorrow morning. Also, any advice on actually storming the place? Make I no go act like village man for the place.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 11:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
Siga: ....all na joke ooo...I no dey drink ooooo....lol

grin grin grin grin Noted Maazi

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kelly4top: 12:30am On Aug 30, 2013
who knows any college that one can get admission for post graduate diploma in electrical engineering?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bashtec9: 12:36am On Aug 30, 2013
efewhoa:
Spoke with customer care reps from Waka now and travel start and they confirmed it. I'm planning to buy the ticket later tonight if it's still available. The one with the return is about 380k
Please is it easy to book ticket online?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efewhoa: 1:29am On Aug 30, 2013
bashtec9: Please is it easy to book ticket online?
Yes. You can check for flights through wakanow or travelstart or go directly to the website of the airline you want to book.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 4:08am On Aug 30, 2013
uchi4jah:

Hello Guys, its been ages. I missed the discussions and help here. Canada has been very good. Anyone coming to the University of Saskatchewan? If u have challenges u can msg me.... hope to see u guys in canny soon

Hey Brother, I am headed for USask too. I sent you a mail. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efewhoa: 6:04am On Aug 30, 2013
Good morning house. Can some please list the documents one is meant too present at the port of entry in canada? I intend o go pay for my ticket today and this is the itinerary From Lagos To CDG France To Montreal then to Toronto(airline is air france).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:07am On Aug 30, 2013
kjbobo:
I will suggest you hold on for the embassy to contact you first cos at this stage its very "unlikely" you can make September anymore. So chill...keep hoping embassy calls...after medicals. ..they will tell you to request for new start date.so you can actually start discussing with your school. .soon after your medicals. ..since you know that will be the embassy's next move!
All the best bro

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 7:10am On Aug 30, 2013
kelly4top: who knows any college that one can get admission for post graduate diploma in electrical engineering?

Power Engineering Technician - Mohawk College, Confederation College, and Durham College
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 7:34am On Aug 30, 2013
OchukoII: I don tire for this mata. Abeg Fall 2013 folks who have not been called for medicals, which of una don go CDHC and wetin dem talk? I intend to storm d place tomorrow morning. Also, any advice on actually storming the place? Make I no go act like village man for the place.
Oga there's nothing much to it, just go straight to the security man, collect the enquiry form, fill it, submit it back and wait. Make sure your fone is on. Shikena!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by freshdude: 7:41am On Aug 30, 2013
adewaleafolabi:

Thanks
Me self 20th of sept is my last day of grace. I stay in ph, if not I would have been at their office long ago. The worst part is ma school told me I can't deffer, rather I will have to reapply for me to be considered for admission and funding again. God dey.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 7:56am On Aug 30, 2013
ChriGO check you mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:14am On Aug 30, 2013
Kunsoft: ChriGO check you mail
i don hear sir...mr blessing connector...lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 8:21am On Aug 30, 2013
freshdude:
Me self 20th of sept is my last day of grace. I stay in ph, if not I would have been at their office long ago. The worst part is ma school told me I can't deffer, rather I will have to reapply for me to be considered for admission and funding again. God dey.
Lakehead?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:42am On Aug 30, 2013
....anyone just planing to submit visa application should please follow the online route...its tested and trusted...no delays..no denial if u package well....dis msg is frm VO chriGo..... grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.