Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,809 members, 7,952,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 01:20 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (602944 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:34am On Apr 09, 2013
Odinwa:
Thanks bro! But I don't have a credit card, only debit card (ATM card) and secondly am not sure they will allow me to talk with the enrollment officer, u know how this oyinbo behaves sometimes.
Is it wise to open a domiciliary account?

send an email to international@algonquincollege.com ..they will give u d details u need or link you the necessary person u would need to talk to.. plus..oyinbo r ok in my experience (except CDHC VO maybe) ..you just need to spell out exactly what you want from them..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:35am On Apr 09, 2013
sampitts: guys i've been asked to submit original docs after the online app. in the absence of original GCE result, can i submit a scratch card instead?

what did u submit in the online app before? think u should submit original of whatever u submitted there..

edit: plus what @earthgreener said..tho still think since they are basing ur application on the soft copies u already submitted..you should still represent ur GCE/SSCE with whatever u have previously submitted online..if nothin then strictly what he said should work
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:42am On Apr 09, 2013
dintexventures2: pls can someone help me out.i want to go to canada for a conference.My company will sponsor me for the conference.Also,im married with four kids and i earn 350k and also my wife earns 155k per month.Please what are the documents to submit to get the visa although i have not travelled before.please help me out.

doesnt matter u have or haven't travelled before..: the conference documents indicating the date/duration..your invitation to attend the conference.. your company letter indicating they are sponsoring the trip, and they are expecting u back in so so date (for this, they would most likely require company statement of account and tax clearance tho) ..your employment letter and payslip..
maybe some of ur wife's stuff too for added effect..like payslip and employment letter so they know u have a family u r coming back too..

my opinion..someone else might have better idea(s)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efosa12345(m): 9:58am On Apr 09, 2013
by dintexventures2: 8:01am
pls can someone help me out.i want to go to canada for a conference.My company will sponsor me for the conference.Also,im married with four kids and i earn 350k and also my wife earns 155k per month.Please what are the documents to submit to get the visa although i have not travelled before.please help me out.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Travel / Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dintexventures2: 3:21pm On Apr 08
pls house,i want to also go for a short vacation in london.im married with 4 kids.i am an engr and earns above 250k per month.my wife earns upto 180k per month.i want to spend 7 days only.the company where i work does not give us tax clearance certificate.They deduct from our salary.What documents should i get ready to submit for the u.k visa.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dintexventures2: 3:15pm On Apr 08
please house i have a serious concern here,i want to attend a serious serminar in alberta canada by nxt year march 3rd.Its for only 3 days.I am an engr and my salary is above 250k but my company accepted to bear the financial responsibility of the conference.Pls house,what documents are we to start preparing.My company pays the tax and to be honest they have not given us a tax clearance certificate.i am married with 4 kids and my wife is working and earns above 180k.

Why the differences in ur earnings and ur wife's own, formally ur wife was earning 180k. Per month now 155k per month and urs did not correspond either. If u are sincere just do what @Kenny said surely u will attend ur conference.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Maximip(m): 10:11am On Apr 09, 2013
I'm trying to gather info on the online application method. How do you submit your documents, especially your passport?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:52am On Apr 09, 2013
efosa12345: by dintexventures2: 8:01am
pls can someone help me out.i want to go to canada for a conference.My company will sponsor me for the conference.Also,im married with four kids and i earn 350k and also my wife earns 155k per month.Please what are the documents to submit to get the visa although i have not travelled before.please help me out.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Travel / Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dintexventures2: 3:21pm On Apr 08
pls house,i want to also go for a short vacation in london.im married with 4 kids.i am an engr and earns above 250k per month.my wife earns upto 180k per month.i want to spend 7 days only.the company where i work does not give us tax clearance certificate.They deduct from our salary.What documents should i get ready to submit for the u.k visa.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dintexventures2: 3:15pm On Apr 08
please house i have a serious concern here,i want to attend a serious serminar in alberta canada by nxt year march 3rd.Its for only 3 days.I am an engr and my salary is above 250k but my company accepted to bear the financial responsibility of the conference.Pls house,what documents are we to start preparing.My company pays the tax and to be honest they have not given us a tax clearance certificate.i am married with 4 kids and my wife is working and earns above 180k.

Why the differences in ur earnings and ur wife's own, formally ur wife was earning 180k. Per month now 155k per month and urs did not correspond either. If u are sincere just do what @Kenny said surely u will attend ur conference.

Thumbs up bro...an excellent observation...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 10:57am On Apr 09, 2013
xtus:

When did u apply online and have u been asked to go do ur medicals. Are u applying from Nigeria
I applied february. They said they'll send me a letter via mail to go do my medicals
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 10:59am On Apr 09, 2013
Maximip: I'm trying to gather info on the online application method. How do you submit your documents, especially your passport?
you will submit a scan copy of ur intl passport, acceptance letter, sponsorship letter and bankstatment, plus d normal app form
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 11:01am On Apr 09, 2013
kenniy:

what did u submit in the online app before? think u should submit original of whatever u submitted there..

edit: plus what @earthgreener said..tho still think since they are basing ur application on the soft copies u already submitted..you should still represent ur GCE/SSCE with whatever u have previously submitted online..if nothin then strictly what he said should work
I've not submited any waec result online
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 11:03am On Apr 09, 2013
ticklin:
You have to apply for your caq first.You should get a response in about 2 wks.You will need your original admission letter from your university, four passport photographs, copy of your passport data page. processing fee is 104cad$ or there about. All this info is on the immigration quebec website so check in case I made some mistakes. As soon as you get the email copy of your caq, you can apply to the embassy for your trv with it as they'll fax your caq to the nigerian embassy. you'll get the hard copy much later through post.
Oga your info is a lil outdated. The passport photo requirement is just one to be stapled in front of our personal checklist document. The application fee is $107. The application from my judgement is nothing to worry about. The challenge is the time you get a response from them
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 11:05am On Apr 09, 2013
Hey earthgreeners, hav u gotten a supervisor
earthgreeners:

Dear Sampitt,

Please kindly submit a coloured print out of your online result. Attach the scratch card to the print out.

Best Regards,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 11:08am On Apr 09, 2013
Ur email addy pls
odeku55:
Guy u r very ryt..i also spend 4 years in ukraine studying telecommunications engineering in knure, kharkov, i was just enough to practice a bit on my field..but still, ukraine is nothing to write home about. I had to come bk to nigeria to apply for my TRV to canada (used an agent) and thank God i got it, i cud link u with a camerounian frnd of mine in vancouver, canada if u wish to meet her, she also used the same agency.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by cresus: 11:09am On Apr 09, 2013
odeku55:
Guy u r very ryt..i also spend 4 years in ukraine studying telecommunications engineering in knure, kharkov, i was just enough to practice a bit on my field..but still, ukraine is nothing to write home about. I had to come bk to nigeria to apply for my TRV to canada (used an agent) and thank God i got it, i cud link u with a camerounian frnd of mine in vancouver, canada if u wish to meet her, she also used the same agency.

Yes Guy please do not hesitate!!! I am sending you in privatejust shoot!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 11:20am On Apr 09, 2013
Did u apply from nigeria
sampitts: you will submit a scan copy of ur intl passport, acceptance letter, sponsorship letter and bankstatment, plus d normal app form
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 11:29am On Apr 09, 2013
sampitts: I've not submited any waec result online

then u go with earthgreener's..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by odeku55(m): 11:43am On Apr 09, 2013
teexzle: Ur email addy pls
Spotless2k@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by odeku55(m): 11:44am On Apr 09, 2013
cresus:

Yes Guy please do not hesitate!!! I am sending you in privatejust shoot!!
Sent u an email just nw..hope u got it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bashtec9: 12:01pm On Apr 09, 2013
sampitts: I've not submited any waec result online
@sampitts please send me the documents u upload and I want you to mail me-bashtec9@gmail.com and want to ask some questions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 12:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
Siga: ...Countries make deals everyday....recently, Canada made a deal with Mexico and some Latin American countries to fast track visa processes....so, why cant Nigerian Ambassador to Canada do some work....

Even Czech Republic had some strong warnings for Canada and threatened to punish Canadians for the visa restrictions leveled against them...and wetin Canadian Prime Minister do...he apologised and things are getting resolved....so...there goes the answer to ur question...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-announces-deal-to-fast-track-mexican-refugees/article8710696/
That's ow it ought to be;d Govt of a country is suppose to fight for the interest of its citizens at all time and ensure they serve them appropriately,but the case is quite different here in Nigeria.The Ambassador that made the complaint last year about the outrageous treatment my the CDHC did not follow it up since then, they only make noise without actions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 12:15pm On Apr 09, 2013
onuawuchi: Oga your info is a lil outdated. The passport photo requirement is just one to be stapled in front of our personal checklist document. The application fee is $107. The application from my judgement is nothing to worry about. The challenge is the time you get a response from them

This is why in my opinion anybody who's really serious about his/ her application should first visit the Deputy High Commission of Canada's website and read thoroughly because little but important details get updated often.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dintexventures2(m): 12:16pm On Apr 09, 2013
pls why there are some variations in my monthly salary is this,the company pay upfront every six months and when you subtract it from 350k you will get 250k.And also my wife earn 155k although 180k in the payslip but when you minus some fractions you will land at 155k.Just realised that.I am as sincere as ever.I really thank you for calling for such observations it shows some sharp and intelligent guys are here ready to help.

please i want canada's conference and not uk.Both the company has two options-canada and uk and both do exactly same conference on electricals.
Apart from the mentioned documents kenny mentioned,is there any other document they will ask.My company deducts my tax directly before lumping the rest into my account.so to be honest they have not given us any tax clearance certificate since i joined the company.

@kenny,justwise and efosa please kindly help me out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dintexventures2(m): 12:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
odeku55:

i believe someone can do it on his/her own without going thru an agent.This forum has so many gurus that can help some actualise his/her dream.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 12:51pm On Apr 09, 2013
Robbie37:

This is why in my opinion anybody who's really serious about his/ her application should first visit the Deputy High Commission of Canada's website and read thoroughly because little but important details get updated often.

THIS!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 12:53pm On Apr 09, 2013
dintexventures2: pls why there are some variations in my monthly salary is this,the company pay upfront every six months and when you subtract it from 350k you will get 250k.And also my wife earn 155k although 180k in the payslip but when you minus some fractions you will land at 155k.Just realised that.I am as sincere as ever.I really thank you for calling for such observations it shows some sharp and intelligent guys are here ready to help.

please i want canada's conference and not uk.Both the company has two options-canada and uk and both do exactly same conference on electricals.
Apart from the mentioned documents kenny mentioned,is there any other document they will ask.My company deducts my tax directly before lumping the rest into my account.so to be honest they have not given us any tax clearance certificate since i joined the company.

actually, wasnt talkin bout ur own tax clearance.. meant ur company's firs tax clearance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by odeku55(m): 12:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
dintexventures2:

@odeku,how did you do that?I can introduce them to our company for our own.So if you dont mind pls hint me up -dintexventures2000@yahoo.com and obioranwokedi2000@yahoo.com
Sure..y not
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2013
sampitts: I applied february. They said they'll send me a letter via mail to go do my medicals

guy na which country u from apply......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Maximip(m): 2:10pm On Apr 09, 2013
sampitts: you will submit a scan copy of ur intl passport, acceptance letter, sponsorship letter and bankstatment, plus d normal app form

And I assume when they make a decision regarding your study permit, they'll request for your real passport. My concern here is if that won't reset the processing time again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by pinkiecindy(f): 2:12pm On Apr 09, 2013
Robbie37: @Odinwa
My brother, I'll advise you to contact the head enrollment officer of the school. You may try getting She/ he to charge your credit card, that would require you to provide your debit card details to enable a successful transaction.
It's important that you carry them along or involve someone in charge when things like this are not going right. I learnt this the hard way. All the best.

Cheers

Odinwa I sent u an email.... did u see it? I applied to algonquin too and I didnt experience any difficulty and ive even got my acceptance letter. I think you should reapply online
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efosa12345(m): 2:14pm On Apr 09, 2013
I got confused when I saw the differences, plus UK vocations, I really felt it was not geniune. Now that you have come up with better way to present ur case, i think u should stick to what Kenniy have enlisted. The tax clearance should be ur company tax clearance certificate not yours.
dintexventures2: pls why there are some variations in my monthly salary is this,the company pay upfront every six months and when you subtract it from 350k you will get 250k.And also my wife earn 155k although 180k in the payslip but when you minus some fractions you will land at 155k.Just realised that.I am as sincere as ever.I really thank you for calling for such observations it shows some sharp and intelligent guys are here ready to help.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dintexventures2(m): 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2013
efosa12345: I got confused when I saw the differences, plus UK vocations, I really felt it was not geniune. Now that you have come up with better way to present ur case, i think u should stick to what Kenniy have enlisted. The tax clearance should be ur company tax clearance certificate not yours.

@ Efosa,kenniy.Thanks and may God reward you abundantly.What of the intenary like the return ticket.Sure the company should arrange that for me also as a requirement.Does it matter?I really appreciate and will commend you guys for your swift responses to our querries.I still look upto you guys for more directions if at all there are need for other requirements/documents to present.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dintexventures2(m): 2:56pm On Apr 09, 2013
kenniy:

actually, wasnt talkin bout ur own tax clearance.. meant ur company's firs tax clearance

@kenniy,pls should we present/submit original company's tax clearance certificate?How do i do about it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 3:18pm On Apr 09, 2013
kenniy:

send an email to international@algonquincollege.com ..they will give u d details u need or link you the necessary person u would need to talk to.. plus..oyinbo r ok in my experience (except CDHC VO maybe) ..you just need to spell out exactly what you want from them..
Bro I hv sent loads of messages to them but it takes them like ages to reply. Its really annoying!

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.