Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,762 members, 7,952,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:10 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (602923 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 3:17pm On Apr 10, 2013
Akanmu2013: @xtus
thank u for reply pls like how much to having in acount sir

@Akanmu....... Its varies. But will advise u have the total of ur tuition + $10,000 and some extra. If u do d calcuation and depending on ur school fees u most likely to have within 3M to 6M in ur sponsor acct
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2013
sampitts: they asked for original aceptance letter, scholarship leter, waec, universty credentials, and intl pasport after medicals. I was given a mnth to submit

You didn't include receipt of tuition n board. Or dey no ask?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
I'm considering this online visa application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 4:04pm On Apr 10, 2013
dommakavelli:

You didn't include receipt of tuition n board. Or dey no ask?
the scholarship covers both room and board so they didnt ask.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by surecan: 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2013
sampitts: the scholarship covers both room and board so they didnt ask.

pls have you been called for medicals?is it early or late february that you submitted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
surecan:

pls have you been called for medicals?is it early or late february that you submitted
around 16th feb. They email i recieved said they'll send me a letter to go for medicals via mail. Or ar they suppose to call my fone?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by aleshsenior2000(m): 4:50pm On Apr 10, 2013
: ok. thnks. ppls hw many
month does it take morden community to reply
any applicant and my profession is not that much
require over there(computer analyst). pls do i still
make a try? thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 5:16pm On Apr 10, 2013
Ok thanks..nw I c whr d waec issue came up, so wat v u decided on
sampitts: they asked for original aceptance letter, scholarship leter, waec, universty credentials, and intl pasport after medicals. I was given a mnth to submit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 5:18pm On Apr 10, 2013
Hw many years experience is needed
aleshsenior2000: : ok. thnks. ppls hw many
month does it take morden community to reply
any applicant and my profession is not that much
require over there(computer analyst). pls do i still
make a try? thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bashtec9: 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]Please what is the advantage of Cooperative education and Internship,Does it add to permanent residence advantage
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 6:28pm On Apr 10, 2013
teexzle: Ok thanks..nw I c whr d waec issue came up, so wat v u decided on
will buy d scratch card and print coloured copy, den attach d card. That's easier for me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ifegy: 7:21pm On Apr 10, 2013
bashtec9: [color=#000099][/color]Please what is the advantage of Cooperative education and Internship,Does it add to permanent residence advantage

Well, it may add to 'employability' post-graduation, as it will provide you with Canadian experience that could make employers view you more favorably than if you didn't have any experience working in Canada. You could also end up getting a job at the same employer after school, because they know you and like you.
You need a certain amount of work experience to qualify for permanent residency but note that it doesn't necessarily have to be experience that you gained in Canada. People immigrate to Canada from around the world based on the experience they gained in their home country.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bashtec9: 10:05pm On Apr 10, 2013
ifegy:

Well, it may add to 'employability' post-graduation, as it will provide you with Canadian experience that could make employers view you more favorably than if you didn't have any experience working in Canada. You could also end up getting a job at the same employer after school, because they know you and like you.
You need a certain amount of work experience to qualify for permanent residency but note that it doesn't necessarily have to be experience that you gained in Canada. People immigrate to Canada from around the world based on the experience they gained in their home country.
Thanks for your reply @ifegy can the cooperative education and internship be counted as academic term or work permit period
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ifegy: 2:20am On Apr 11, 2013
bashtec9: Thanks for your reply @ifegy can the cooperative education and internship be counted as academic term or work permit period

I think you're asking if you need a work permit for that time period as you are a foreign student, right? If so, I'm really not sure, as I never did do an internship or co-op term. Why not try asking the school you're interested in? I know foreign students who've done co-ops/work terms, so it should be possible for you to do that as a foreign student, if it's part of your study program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:38am On Apr 11, 2013
ifegy:

I think you're asking if you need a work permit for that time period as you are a foreign student, right? If so, I'm really not sure, as I never did do an internship or co-op term. Why not try asking the school you're interested in? I know foreign students who've done co-ops/work terms, so it should be possible for you to do that as a foreign student, if it's part of your study program.
....U will be given a work permit for the co-op bro...no shaking...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 11:40am On Apr 11, 2013
Hello house! @ifegy. My question is concerning the visa application process. Can I use my dads company account as my sponsorship stuff when applying for a Canada study visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 12:04pm On Apr 11, 2013
2-chains:
Hello house! @ifegy. My question is concerning the visa application process. Can I use my dads company account as my sponsorship stuff when applying for a USA study visa?

@ 2-chains....... Here na for canada, move to the US thread and ask ur question they can help with it. Best of luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 11, 2013
Hello my brothers please I want to apply for a university in Canada please I want to know it there is cheap University please let me know
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
mozo:

lol .By the time God grants us our heart desires. The first thing I go do na to yab all these brothers with funny usernames mozquitoway, rastapasta eg :d smiley

The address is 4 Anifowoshe str, Victoria Island. Google would have saved your time tho. Don't know if travelling to Canada before guarantees you another visa, but it should give you an edge

Interesting . . . tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 8:54pm On Apr 11, 2013
xtus:

@ 2-chains....... Here na for canada, move to the US thread and ask ur question they can help with it. Best of luck

My brother I'm sori I meant CANADA! I got carried away.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 12, 2013
[/b]Hello my brothers please I want to apply for a university in Canada please I want to know it there is cheap University please let me know please need some help here asap[b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by temiefash: 10:24am On Apr 12, 2013
Good day to you nairalanders,I'm first timer on this site.....please i want to know if its still possible for me to submit my docs to the embassy at this time,this was caused by a little decay which I'd just rectify and i want to continue with the processing stage...please can someone give me an advice on what to do at this stage
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Adestah: 11:41am On Apr 12, 2013
Hello house, Im new here but av read some pages on this part4 of the thread and I so much appreciate u guys. Now this is my case.
Im a chemical eng graduate with cgpa above 3.6 out of 5. Im currently working with my uncle whose biz is oil& gas and also a lafarge cement distributor. i.e he has like 5/6 fuel stations across the state. I happened to be his General biz manager. Secondly, im currently a student of MPE(professional master of process eng) at unilag and should be rounding up by oct, 2013. Due to time constraint at work and even the teaching approach which is mainly theory- based, my grades are not very good which may hinder my chances of getting phd offer in canada, not sure anyway. This are my questions;

1.Do I start a new MSc in canada for jan,2013 intake, would this MPE boost my admission chances?
2.Im planning to use this company's statement,cos of good cash inflow and outflow but the money would be frm some1 else, what are the docs to be submitted along with the statement? Although we share same surname, is this a sufficient proof of relationship with him.
3. If am to submit tax clearance cert and landed property papers with the companys name ,must they be original copies
Please put me in ur shoes and advise accordingly. Thankssss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 12:03pm On Apr 12, 2013
ik.swiss:
[/b]Hello my brothers please I want to apply for a university in Canada please I want to know it there is cheap University please let me know please need some help here asap[b]

Memorial University, Uni of manitoba.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 3:52pm On Apr 12, 2013
7 weeks don waka, we still dey carry go
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jimmyjerry07(m): 4:06pm On Apr 12, 2013
Who else is gonna giv us feedback about the online application..as I collate my doc hoping to submit before next weekend, contemplating on whether to use the online method. Those who have tried it before, please is there a section where u can upload additional document except the one required in the checklist because I want to upload a doc 4 change of name. God help us all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jimmyjerry07(m): 4:09pm On Apr 12, 2013
olawunmi_samuel:

Memorial University, Uni of manitoba.

I will advise u don't consider the cost alone, as most of this cheap schools are highly competitive, although it depends on ur course n level of study.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 4:11pm On Apr 12, 2013
@Ticklin, owfar wiv ur medicals n payment, u didn't even update us. So ds house can b ds dry, na wa ooo. No medical news, Trv news n admission too,Next week is another week.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:26pm On Apr 12, 2013
jimmyjerry07: Who else is gonna giv us feedback about the online application..as I collate my doc hoping to submit before next weekend, contemplating on whether to use the online method. Those who have tried it before, please is there a section where u can upload additional document except the one required in the checklist because I want to upload a doc 4 change of name. God help us all

I don't know what feedback you are looking for however, you could combine related documents and make them one and then upload. For example, you could attach the change of name with your international passport and upload as a single document. For the purpose of size, you could reduce the size on adobe and that makes it lot easier.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 4:53pm On Apr 12, 2013
Huzzie: @Ticklin, owfar wiv ur medicals n payment, u didn't even update us. So ds house can b ds dry, na wa ooo. No medical news, Trv news n admission too,Next week is another week.

Yeah, was wondering as well. As if they banned everybody

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.