Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,827 members, 7,930,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 10:08 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (600892 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:20am On Apr 13, 2013
ZionSpecie: Wow. It's surprising how easy it is to get d TRV outside naija. Well, we all on dis thread are moving out soon. So we will all get to tell sat story.

@siga thanks for ur reply sir
...the main wahala is the TRUST FACTOR ...CDHC no trust any docs coming from Naija at all....so...all the verification of docs dey cause massive delay....any docs from yankee, or any solid country wont be verified as much, cos dem trust it....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 2:24am On Apr 13, 2013
Hello house! PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP! I have been following you guys since part 2. But I really need your help guys. I am torn between to choices. I have an acceptance letter from seneca college (CAN) with start date for September. And I also have put in application for university of Massachusetts pre-master program (USA). I plan to wait for Umass till April 30 and if I don't hear from them then I apply for my canadian student visa but a friend of mine is saying, to apply for a visa by first week of may, then I might be too late already. (School resumes 27 August) he is saying I should either apply now or forget it and just wait for an offer letter from the Umass school in the US. PLEASE I BEG YOU, ANSWER MY WUESTIONS PLEASEEEEEEEE!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:37am On Apr 13, 2013
2-chains:
Hello house! PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP! I have been following you guys since part 2. But I really need your help guys. I am torn between to choices. I have an acceptance letter from seneca college (CAN) with start date for September. And I also have put in application for university of Massachusetts pre-master program (USA). I plan to wait for Umass till April 30 and if I don't hear from them then I apply for my canadian student visa but a friend of mine is saying, to apply for a visa by first week of may, then I might be too late already. (School resumes 27 August) he is saying I should either apply now or forget it and just wait for an offer letter from the Umass school in the US. PLEASE I BEG YOU, ANSWER MY WUESTIONS PLEASEEEEEEEE!

I don't think there should be a need to be torn between the 2choices as I am sure you have a reason for picking the schools you picked. However, most schools have already made their 1st and 2nd rounds of admission and I am not sure admission is still on going particularly for funding. Although I know UMass, Amherst has a policy of not posting admission decision on time on your profile however, I am not sure which of the UMass campuses you are applying to. I would advise that if by close of business on Monday you are yet to get their decision, kindly go ahead to call your Graduate Program Advisor for the program you are applying to and ask for the decision concerning your application. That way you can know what the outcome is and then take the next move. I would also advise that while you wait until then, kindly gather every necessary documents you may need for your visa application together so that you are sure you are prepared for whichever one you are to apply for.
I hope in my little way I have been able to answer some of your questions while we await others to add their input.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by vooz(f): 7:28am On Apr 13, 2013
Good morning house, please Oga siga I sent u a msge.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 8:11am On Apr 13, 2013
GboyegaD:

I don't think there should be a need to be torn between the 2choices as I am sure you have a reason for picking the schools you picked. However, most schools have already made their 1st and 2nd rounds of admission and I am not sure admission is still on going particularly for funding. Although I know UMass, Amherst has a policy of not posting admission decision on time on your profile however, I am not sure which of the UMass campuses you are applying to. I would advise that if by close of business on Monday you are yet to get their decision, kindly go ahead to call your Graduate Program Advisor for the program you are applying to and ask for the decision concerning your application. That way you can know what the outcome is and then take the next move. I would also advise that while you wait until then, kindly gather every necessary documents you may need for your visa application together so that you are sure you are prepared for whichever one you are to apply for.
I hope in my little way I have been able to answer some of your questions while we await others to add their input.

@gboyegaD it is the Umass Lowell campus! And the pre-masters program is being run by navitas at Umass Lowell (that's the name on the Umass website) does it also help if I say I used an agency (Bcie) to apply for Umass Lowell

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 8:12am On Apr 13, 2013
@GboyegaD thanks for your contribution and help. Much appreciated. GUYS CAN I HEAR YOUR OPINIONS AS WELL.?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jimmyjerry07(m): 8:36am On Apr 13, 2013
GboyegaD:

I don't know what feedback you are looking for however, you could combine related documents and make them one and then upload. For example, you could attach the change of name with your international passport and upload as a single document. For the purpose of size, you could reduce the size on adobe and that makes it lot easier.

Nice one bro, think I will go with ur suggestion. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by freshdude: 11:26am On Apr 13, 2013
like say this online application na the surest route ooo..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 11:30am On Apr 13, 2013
accra2005: @ 2-chains
I got admission from Seneca college for PG. I paid tuition fee last week. What next do i do to get confirmation of my payment from them for Visa stuff?

Accra no vex I'm just seeing this, I was off nairaland for a while. I haven't paid my tuition fee yet, they said deadline is June 14th to pay mine, and start date is 27august. I haven't even applied for my study visa yet but I hope to do so on 30th April.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:56am On Apr 13, 2013
2-chains:

@gboyegaD it is the Umass Lowell campus! And the pre-masters program is being run by navitas at Umass Lowell (that's the name on the Umass website) does it also help if I say I used an agency (Bcie) to apply for Umass Lowell

I don't think you need an agent to apply to any program since you have the option of doing it yourself. The agents make no difference particularly at graduate school as the admission committee meets to decide which students they feel are the best candidates of the lot that applied. I would suggest you call the program to know what is going on.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 12:18pm On Apr 13, 2013
@gboyegaD I have decided to apply for my canadian student permit. And if a decision comes from UMass after I have submitted my application to Canada, then I would withdraw my passport from the CDHC. And apply for a USA study permit.

Police certificate
Transcripts
Acceptance letter
Waec results
TOEFL passwords
Bank statements.
Letter from sponsor (my dads company)
Tax history
Certificate of company incorporation..
Marriage certificate of my parents.

Is there anything I am missing? And do I need to pay my school fees before applying?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2013
2-chains:
@gboyegaD I have decided to apply for my canadian student permit. And if a decision comes from UMass after I have submitted my application to Canada, then I would withdraw my passport from the CDHC. And apply for a USA study permit.

Police certificate
Transcripts
Acceptance letter
Waec results
TOEFL passwords
Bank statements.
Tax history

Is there anything I am missing? And do I need to pay my school fees before applying?
Bros,this thread is for Canada,not USA.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 13, 2013
Hello bro please can I have your mail need to tell you something day won't like to share it
olawunmi_samuel:

Memorial University, Uni of manitoba.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
vooz: Good morning house, please Oga siga I sent u a msge.
....replied
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
2-chains:

Police certificate
Transcripts
Acceptance letter
Waec results
TOEFL passwords
Bank statements.
Tax history

I am not in the best position to confirm documents however, I think those who have applied would be able to advise. If you are using the online portal for your application, I would suggest you limit yourself to those things required and you could add some things that you think are necessary to the items you upload. Since you are also considering applying for the USA student visa, I believe your best bet would be through the online platform since with that you do not need to submit your passport until your application is processed and approved.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
2-chains:

Police certificate
Transcripts
Acceptance letter
Waec results
TOEFL passwords
Bank statements.
Tax history

Why not use ur dad's personal account instead?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
GboyegaD:

I am not in the best position to confirm documents however, I think those who have applied would be able to advise. If you are using the online portal for your application, I would suggest you limit yourself to those things required and you could add some things that you think are necessary to the items you upload. Since you are also considering applying for the USA student visa, I believe your best bet would be through the online platform since with that you do not need to submit your passport until your application is processed and approved.

Bros, are u in the US studying? Because ur approval was superbly speedy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:48pm On Apr 13, 2013
ferdimako:

Bros, are u in the US studying? Because ur approval was superbly speedy.

Yes please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 4:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
Hello all,
Thnks to Oga siga for his response and enlightenment. I want to ask for those who are using the online application via vfs or Cdhc website (if possible) how the overall process is going . Has anybody gotten any response from d embassy via the system.

2. Does the online system only require scanned docs Or ah a point we would be required to submit hard copies ??

3. Are there any prospective U of Calgary pg students on board. It Wud be nice to start identifying ourselves from here.

Thnaks guys,
You'all rock. . . . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2013
Nuendo: Hello all,
Thnks to Oga siga for his response and enlightenment. I want to ask for those who are using the online application via vfs or Cdhc website (if possible) how the overall process is going . Has anybody gotten any response from d embassy via the system.

2. Does the online system only require scanned docs Or ah a point we would be required to submit hard copies ??

3. Are there any prospective U of Calgary pg students on board. It Wud be nice to start identifying ourselves from here.

Thnaks guys,
You'all rock. . . . . .

I think the online portal is fast and efficient, less burdensome and helps you ensure nothing is omitted. You get to turn in the hard copies if required after your application has been reviewed and approved. As for identifying U of Calgary PG students, you would always meet the few Nigerians when you arrive.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by vooz(f): 5:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
Siga: ....replied

Thanks alot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by darellone: 6:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
@All,

Does Canada Universities/colleges accept NECO result?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adeoye4real4: 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
am happy to join naira lander pls the house did eny body know any thing about manitoba in canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 6:30pm On Apr 13, 2013
@oga siga thanx 4 ur replies sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2013
ferdimako:

Why not use ur dad's personal account instead?

His personal account isn't good enough as the company account
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efosa12345(m): 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2013
Yes
darellone: @All,

Does Canada Universities/colleges accept NECO result?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 2:37am On Apr 14, 2013
adeoye4real4: am happy to join naira lander pls the house did eny body know any thing about manitoba in canada

Your question is heavy and would be easier if you could be specific . . . What about Manitoba would you like to know. . . If you just wanna know about Manitoba, Google it and make some research . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 14, 2013
2-chains:

His personal account isn't good enough as the company account

Strategically,transfer some cash into it.You may get signatories of other board members, to use the company account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ticklin: 8:45am On Apr 14, 2013
Huzzie: @Ticklin, owfar wiv ur medicals n payment, u didn't even update us. So ds house can b ds dry, na wa ooo. No medical news, Trv news n admission too,Next week is another week.

sorry guys, since i did the medicals I've been trying to pay my one year tuition fees. I think that's the norm now. The bank has just been frustrating me for a week now, they asked for all manner of documents which I provided. Now they're asking for a separate document detailing my tuition fees (this has been done already in the admission letter) and the school said there's no such other separate document so now I'll just use a dom account instead of this form A thing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 9:01am On Apr 14, 2013
ticklin:

sorry guys, since i did the medicals I've been trying to pay my one year tuition fees. I think that's the norm now. The bank has just been frustrating me for a week now, they asked for all manner of documents which I provided. Now they're asking for a separate document detailing my tuition fees (this has been done already in the admission letter) and the school said there's no such other separate document so now I'll just use a dom account instead of this form A thing.
All d best bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:12am On Apr 14, 2013
ticklin:

Were you asked to pay tuition? I think all you have to do is follow the instruction in the mail they sent to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by pauloman(m): 12:02pm On Apr 14, 2013
Oga Siga i sent you a PM

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.